Login

russian armor

Rotating Starting Base Building?

6 May 2017, 22:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's always bothered me how the base building for some factions (Soviets, Both Axis) is always facing away from the actual battlefield. Is there a way to rotate it in a tuning pack?
7 May 2017, 01:02 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

8 May 2017, 05:19 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

No, I am talking about the HQs themselves. It's the most obvious with OKW HQ; the truck's front always points away from the battlefield. While that could be excusable as the truck is supposedly mobile, the EFA HQs seem to be command bunkers, and have a window for an MG. This window, likewise, also always faces away from the battlefield, which makes absolutely no sense. It would seem only UKF and USF have their bases facing toward the battlefield.
8 May 2017, 08:54 AM

I cannot think of a real way to do this. The solution below will only work if there's a way to spawn entities with a given rotation. I cannot check, atm, whether this is possible

Say, you want to fix the Soviet HQ.

- Create a clone of the HQ
- Make the original HQ invulnerable and invisible
- Give an action-apply to the original HQ to spawn the cloned HQ with the right rotation

- - -

If spawn entity has no trigger for setting initial rotation, you can try the following:
- Give the cloned HQ a very high rotation speed (over 9000)
- Give the cloned HQ an ability that would force it to rotate to face a specific point (e.g., an artillery attack that fires 0 shells)
- Test whether the ability works
- To make this happen automatically, make the original HQ trigger a victor-target on the specific ability, at the desired direction
- Once the ability has finished, give the cloned HQ a permanent rotation modifier of 0

I did something like this here, to tweak British 25-pounder initial rotation. You should be setting the victor-ability action in the action_apply_ext for your original soviet HQ.

https://github.com/smithereenscoh2/qol_mod
8 May 2017, 09:11 AM

Actually, before you even try the suggestion before, why not take this one step further:
- Do NOT create a cloned copy; instead work directly on the original HQ
- Give it a high rotation rate, and make it trigger a victor target ability on itself
- At the end of the ability, reset the rotation rate to 0 permanently

The reason why you might want to avoid cloning the HQ is that the annihilation victory conditions (if you care about them) are probably tied to the original HQ.
14 Aug 2017, 10:15 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks Mr.Smith! This works very well. Now I am finally able to rotate the Schwerer Panzer HQ model so the flak cannon will face to the front in my custom emplacement :)
7 Oct 2017, 16:27 PM

The victor_target_action just has an abilities_to_use list, so what do i put there? How do i determine the direction of the victor_target_action?
10 Oct 2017, 11:12 AM

The victor_target_action just has an abilities_to_use list, so what do i put there?

You have to create a custom ability for your base building, which you will supply to the victor_target_action

How do i determine the direction of the victor_target_action?

The direction of the victor target is always from the shooter to the entity that invoked victor target.

To make this work:
- Your building should spawn a custom entity (which you will create); in the spawn entity parameters you specify the desired position of the spawned entity relative to the spawner
- The spawned entity calls victor target
- after a while, the spawned entity should despawn itself
19 Mar 2018, 15:30 PM

I can't seem to get it to work. I have:

1) The building that needs to be rotated. The building has a combat_ext with a flak_38_mm_preface weapon.

1A) ...and i've given the building a moving_ext as i've been told that's necessary. Set the rotation rate to 1000.

1B) ...and the game will crash if you then ALSO have set the building to be shot-blocking (i think that's the one, at least) in the line_of_sight_ext...so i've set that to false.

2) I then have a pre-facer entity that spawns in action_apply with an offset from that building. This pre-facer is basically an invisible instant demo charge, where the explosion_ext is causing a victor_target_action to be called (see below).

3) Said victor_target action needs an ability, which i have. Said ability is targeted, and causes an artillery_attack with 0 salvos, using hardpoint 1, face_to_target true and where weapon 1, 2 and 3 is said to null.

Yet, it still doesn't work. What am i missing?
22 Mar 2018, 16:55 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hey,
it is possible to rotate the base but its only possible via SCAR.
22 Mar 2018, 19:22 PM

Hm, does such a script already exist for various rotations? If not, how would i go about implementing that?
22 Mar 2018, 22:01 PM
Master Modmaker Badge

Hm, does such a script already exist for various rotations? If not, how would I go about implementing that?

For that, you would need to create a Win Condition pack. I don't think a pre-made script exists so you would have to make it your self.

Regards,
RagnarTheGamer
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 45
Germany 8
unknown 6
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias