Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
9 Nov 2018, 19:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2018, 16:33 PMSully
Regarding the PAK43, it seems like a brace option isn't gonna make it through, but how about making it at least not de-crewable prior to the gun itself dying? Similar to Brit emplacements.

That way a single satchel can't nullify it and all you'd have to worry about is repairing it versus healing the crew.

Would it be immune to small arm fire or would it deal damage as if it was a UKF emplacement ?
9 Nov 2018, 19:59 PM

Would it be immune to small arm fire or would it deal damage as if it was a UKF emplacement ?

I'd say it should mirror how the Brit emplacements are setup for consistency. Small arms fire does some damage, but not a lot due to armor penetration values.
9 Nov 2018, 21:54 PM

In this patch 3 new vehicles get received damage modifiers:
KV-2
Kv-8
Dozer
following the change to the KV-1. In all three cases these units can be repaired fast so if there is a need for more durability the modifier should be replaced by HP. For more about this here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/83890/received-damage-modifiers-for-tanks
10 Nov 2018, 01:11 AM

If you change the 88 that way, then it is an emplacement… simply give it a pit.

Edit: I know... but what would you guys think about the idea to give Ostheer's Pioneers Lugers instead of the MP40? Even the Blueprint of Pios has a holster for pistol. They perform so bad, with a Luger they would look less stupid.

Then Sturmgrenadiere and Artillerieoffizier get MP40, also Volksgrenadiere with upgrade.

And what would you guys think about, if Sturmtruppen get the PPsh as blueprint? Germans used them on mass. Also made a 9mm version of it, which performed better versus soft targets.
http://www.ppsh41.com/ppsh2.html

So the performance would fit again.
10 Nov 2018, 17:15 PM

Now I have something for you! Full working building-, damage- and kill-animations! Neutral optics, often tested.

Video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnMZgNA5XyiTVshst3A

I will make a small testing mod, so you can test it by your own!
10 Nov 2018, 18:16 PM

Now I have something for you! Full working building-, damage- and kill-animations! Neutral optics, often tested.

Great job they should add this to patch empty station looks better especially when people will spam it
10 Nov 2018, 18:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2018, 19:59 PMSully

I'd say it should mirror how the Brit emplacements are setup for consistency. Small arms fire does some damage, but not a lot due to armor penetration values.

Armor on UKF emplacement is not high (5). It's offset by having double HP but having a huge hitbox meaning that anything can kill it, even the same units it should counter.

A better solution would be making the gun not destroyed until the crew dies (not sure if that would make it OP).
10 Nov 2018, 19:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2018, 21:54 PMVipper
In this patch 3 new vehicles get received damage modifiers:
KV-2
Kv-8
Dozer
following the change to the KV-1. In all three cases these units can be repaired fast so if there is a need for more durability the modifier should be replaced by HP. For more about this here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/83890/received-damage-modifiers-for-tanks

I think the original philosophy behind making the kv1 that way when it was first implemented was to prevent it from being a veterancy pinata.
10 Nov 2018, 20:05 PM

I think the original philosophy behind making the kv1 that way when it was first implemented was to prevent it from being a veterancy pinata.

That might be a side affect but there is little reason to justifying KV-2 having damage reduction, other super heavies do not have it.

I don't really want to go into KV-1 because it will derail the thread, but the combination of damage reduction and fast repair as available to KV-2 KV-8 and Dozer should be avoided. If these unit durability HP is enough.

If you want to debate issue further I suggested to do so in the linked thread.
10 Nov 2018, 21:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2018, 20:05 PMVipper

That might be a side affect but there is little reason to justifying KV-2 having damage reduction, other super heavies do not have it.

On the other hand, other super heavies have between 375 and 500 armor and more health.
They also have penetration fitting super heavy and not lower one then some premium mediums.

I don't really want to go into KV-1 because it will derail the thread, but the combination of damage reduction and fast repair as available to KV-2 KV-8 and Dozer should be avoided. If these unit durability HP is enough.

If you want to debate issue further I suggested to do so in the linked thread.

What fast repairs are in terror doctrine? Or Urban defense doctrine?
10 Nov 2018, 23:17 PM

Like damn dude you keep impressing me by the phase of this, maybe replace the back part with the one from the 251 repair halftrack with the pioneer sitting on it from the All Units Mod and it will be perfect.

Here's a pic:

Here's another pic I personally took.

Maybe a pioneer could be working on the Panzer IV.
11 Nov 2018, 00:05 AM

Like damn dude you keep impressing me by the phase of this, maybe replace the back part with the one from the 251 repair halftrack with the pioneer sitting on it from the All Units Mod and it will be perfect.

Let's try it. xD

Edit: Ok, it wouldn't be a problem to do that, but the repair-station would lose its passive character. After removing the hulls and the smashed tanks it become a nice decent building.
11 Nov 2018, 07:55 AM

Let's try it. xD

Edit: Ok, it wouldn't be a problem to do that, but the repair-station would lose its passive character. After removing the hulls and the smashed tanks it become a nice decent building.

Yeah I suppose you're right about that, it just would have been some nice eye-candy and added a layer of realism sort of like with that picture of the Tiger you posted.

But really I just really liked the idea of a repair and recovery 251 Halftrack with that animation. I'd even go as far as to say that I like it as much as the PE's Bergetiger from CoH, albeit it's with less health and armor.
11 Nov 2018, 12:31 PM

Yeah I suppose you're right about that, it just would have been some nice eye-candy and added a layer of realism sort of like with that picture of the Tiger you posted.

But really I just really liked the idea of a repair and recovery 251 Halftrack with that animation. I'd even go as far as to say that I like it as much as the PE's Bergetiger from CoH, albeit it's with less health and armor.

I can make a model for you, but I don't think that it has a chance to become part of the next vanilla-patch.
Beside my normal version is now in the discussion.

My next idea are:

-Ostheer Pioneers spawn with Lugar instead of Mp40. Flamerthrower-upgrade and mine-sweeper-upgrade will replace Lugar by 3*K98.

-Sturmtruppen's MP40-blueprint will be replaced by PPsh41-blueprint. Weapon gets Name MP41-9mm Parabellum.
11 Nov 2018, 13:22 PM

Is the balance team planning to release the new list of changes next week? And do you want us to focus our discussion on any specific unit, idea, concept that could help?

I think this thread lost his main theme recently so would be good once again clarify the direction of this "debate" (of course expect Widerstreit repair station - great job dude)
11 Nov 2018, 14:20 PM

Sry for all the off-topic. I talled that I will release my test-mod today. But now I am on a more detailed version of my repair-station… so maybe I have to disappoint you! But I am working on it!

Edit: I released the first version of my test-mod. If you are interested in my repair-staion and you want to test it, here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562660350
11 Nov 2018, 16:31 PM

Any possibility to add for Ostheer&Soviet engineers the possibility to put mine sweeper off so they can still have 4 models using weapons. This change wouldn't be anything too upsetting for anyone as both engineers with minesweepers are pretty much useless for dps and giving the possibility of putting the minesweeper to toggle option would help that little bit.
11 Nov 2018, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2018, 16:31 PMThamor
Any possibility to add for Ostheer&Soviet engineers the possibility to put mine sweeper off so they can still have 4 models using weapons. This change wouldn't be anything too upsetting for anyone as both engineers with minesweepers are pretty much useless for dps and giving the possibility of putting the minesweeper to toggle option would help that little bit.

I'd rather they still had a way to vet with a sweeper instead.
While to a point, it is possible for pios due to how SMGs work, sweeper CEs are vet pinatas unable to score any themselves. Why CE weapon profile wasn't changed together with cons when they had theirs altered is beyond me, both units suffered exactly the same set of problems due to their inaccurate weapon and something tells me CE spam won't become meta if CEs become more reliable with their rifles.
11 Nov 2018, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Nov 2018, 21:11 PMKatitof

I'd rather they still had a way to vet with a sweeper instead.
While to a point, it is possible for pios due to how SMGs work, sweeper CEs are vet pinatas unable to score any themselves. Why CE weapon profile wasn't changed together with cons when they had theirs altered is beyond me, both units suffered exactly the same set of problems due to their inaccurate weapon and something tells me CE spam won't become meta if CEs become more reliable with their rifles.

This information is simply inaccurate, actually CE's Mosins have better synergy with flamers than Pioneer's Mp-40
11 Nov 2018, 21:46 PM

I think all engineer units should gain a small amount of shared veterancy from other units so that minesweeper units are rewarded for actually participating and doing their job on the front, but this is all pretty off topic.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak