Login

russian armor

Feedback for Commander Revamppatch

PAGES (107)down
5 Nov 2018, 21:42 PM

This is why I suggested that "emplacing" the Pak 43 would take away the block-shooting.

And what is the point of suggesting it?
Mods said multiple times its not 17 pounder and it will never be, so stop trying to make it into one.
5 Nov 2018, 22:03 PM

More buffs to Mechanized, maybe?
5 Nov 2018, 22:09 PM

Removing the ability to shoot through terrain and making it a building rather than sudo fixed team weapon still doesn’t warrant the potential of ever getting a 100% refund. The partial refund is a pretty huge buff as it is. 17 pounder is a structure as it lacks range, collisions with objects and also now can’t pick up and move elsewhere. It is really impossible to put the comments of the PAK 43 shock value in a vacuum and call it a unique issue to the unit when the 17 pounder suffers the same issue.

Uhm, my idea didn't involve any "refund" whatsoever, you just had the Pak 43 like it is right now, and if you had the room around it you could "build" an emplacement for a cost, perhaps to make it as much as the 17 pounder.

And yes while emplaced it would act as a 17 pounder clone, sort of but not 100% but besides that it would still be unique and versatile as a doctrinal unit.

And my point is not making it symmetrical but giving it a little bit more survivability to make it actually useful beyond the 2 shots it lobs off after it's found and nuked by all sorts of artillery and air abilities. Literally the only Pak 43s I've had survive until the end of the match were always behind shotblockers and near reinforcement and medical stations, not to mention having my pioneers constantly repair the damn decrewed gun so I don't lose it and then recrewing it with them if again, I hadn't lost it until then.

And what is the point of suggesting it?
Mods said multiple times its not 17 pounder and it will never be, so stop trying to make it into one.

Because of what I wrote above.

And I'd like you quoting them saying it apart from mirage's comment.

And lastly, stop with the personal crusading against everybody unless you wanna get the boot again, nobody here is gonna take your shit just because you had a bad day or something.
5 Nov 2018, 22:33 PM

sooo! I made a new model. Now like you wished! ^^

Here is a video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnMZRRic2ARYhByygmQ
5 Nov 2018, 22:52 PM

sooo! I made a new model. Now like you wished! ^^

Here is a video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnMZRRic2ARYhByygmQ

I can't lie, that looks extremely well done.

Guten arbeit kamerad.
6 Nov 2018, 13:52 PM

Pak 43 is supposed to be shock value and then scuttle? At the very most you'll get a single medium kill from it and at the very least you'll get 1 shot off. Not worth the resources even remotely to inflict 1 320 damage shot.

I understand the concept of this changes. Idea is good, won't be used often, but can do their job. Even if it kills 1 t34 and then packed up it will still be worth it BUT Thing is that pak43 in that specific form can't be used effectively becouse build time and packing up takes too much time, way too much time. Where is the shock value if building time takes 2 years to finish?

Personally i;m a bigger fan of making this specific pak43 in defensive doctrine as a emplacement.
6 Nov 2018, 14:34 PM

All brits defense their emplacement to have a brace ability with the fact: it cant move. So it must survive a attack.

what is with other emplacements from other faction? like pak43 ? can it move? have it 900 hp like a 17pdr? no..it has the half of it!

and cant brace...and cant shoot flares, and dont aim they 360 alone, and need a doc and 8cp!
6 Nov 2018, 15:20 PM

All brits defense their emplacement to have a brace ability with the fact: it cant move. So it must survive a attack.

what is with other emplacements from other faction? like pak43 ? can it move? have it 900 hp like a 17pdr? no..it has the half of it!

and cant brace...and cant shoot flares, and dont aim they 360 alone, and need a doc and 8cp!

Oh shit, how come nobody realized this before?

All those noobs in 4vs4 never build 17-pounders, while everyones with Fortifications tries to sneak those half-HP PAK43s to snipe armor. I think you should play Brits and dominate everyone with 17-pounders.
6 Nov 2018, 21:32 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2018, 13:52 PMStark

I understand the concept of this changes. Idea is good, won't be used often, but can do their job. Even if it kills 1 t34 and then packed up it will still be worth it BUT Thing is that pak43 in that specific form can't be used effectively becouse build time and packing up takes too much time, way too much time. Where is the shock value if building time takes 2 years to finish?

Personally i;m a bigger fan of making this specific pak43 in defensive doctrine as a emplacement.

Personally I don't like it nor understand it. I mean I don't want 88mm creep like bunker spam is currently, and ideally I wouldn't want a 17pdr clone but I'd take the clone over 88 creep any day. What it is now is just a half baked idea imo.
6 Nov 2018, 22:02 PM

Personally I don't like it nor understand it. I mean I don't want 88mm creep like bunker spam is currently, and ideally I wouldn't want a 17pdr clone but I'd take the clone over 88 creep any day. What it is now is just a half baked idea imo.

Agreed, but then again it would not be a 1:1 copy of the 17 pounder emplacement even when "upgraded" with the emplacement because of it's lack of flares, brace and APCR rounds.

So then again my original idea of the upgrade bringing the Pak 43's price up to something like the 17Pdr would not be so balanced, but I'm still all for it losing it's shooting through shotblockers ability, unless it retains it but then again the upgrade really bringing it to the 17Pdr's price.

Balance would be a bit tricky I admit, but I think it's workable with internal testing seeing what's the best approach.
7 Nov 2018, 00:59 AM

Armor company in general seems much less appealing than mechanized. Cav rifles bleed less than assault engies and Thompsons are great (so are flamers though) as well as vehicle satchels. Dodges offer a lot too (early game boost, mark vehicle, arty) and the 76mm sherman is millions times better than the m10 in almost literally every way. The mortar HT is also very useful. Armor just seems pretty overshadowed as it stands, only really being good for the bulldozer and shock value of 0cp assault engies.
7 Nov 2018, 03:27 AM

So, I made a new variant, less dominant.

Video:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Auba63jVJDDGnMZW7ZOWZITjjwWlyA
7 Nov 2018, 05:36 AM

Armor company in general seems much less appealing than mechanized. Cav rifles bleed less than assault engies and Thompsons are great (so are flamers though) as well as vehicle satchels. Dodges offer a lot too (early game boost, mark vehicle, arty) and the 76mm sherman is millions times better than the m10 in almost literally every way. The mortar HT is also very useful. Armor just seems pretty overshadowed as it stands, only really being good for the bulldozer and shock value of 0cp assault engies.

Vehicle Thompsons are a subtle but solid free improvement you get from the Commander, AEs can also lay down mines and superglue at vet1, M10s are much cheaper than Upgunned Shermans.
I still like Mechanized more but Armor is not too bad either, Mechanized just feels like a great pick overall because it's full of useful stuff, giving you a lot of options later on if you pick it at CP1 to get CavRifles out ASAP.
7 Nov 2018, 06:40 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Awesome, I like it!
7 Nov 2018, 07:35 AM

Video:

I liked the Panzer IV but it seemed to hover over the trench, now it looks more realistic tho, nice job.

Maybe just the ghost version needs some work to make it not look like you're building a Brummbar, if possible that is.

I also recommend you use imgur to upload pictures to, wayy more time saving than making a video or uploading it to another site.
7 Nov 2018, 08:03 AM

Video:

Single looks cool but not if people will spam it then what? army of brumbars lol no ofence but bunker looks better in numbers
7 Nov 2018, 15:02 PM

I have different versions. Here is a StuG-variant.

I think it is the easiest, if the main-vehicle is the ghost. It is difficult to make an own one.
And it is better to have a tank, instead of any building or car instead. I tried it with an Opel-Blitz, but this wreck-blueprints simply look too good.
9 Nov 2018, 16:33 PM

Regarding the PAK43, it seems like a brace option isn't gonna make it through, but how about making it at least not de-crewable prior to the gun itself dying? Similar to Brit emplacements.

That way a single satchel can't nullify it and all you'd have to worry about is repairing it versus healing the crew.
9 Nov 2018, 18:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2018, 16:33 PMSully
Regarding the PAK43, it seems like a brace option isn't gonna make it through, but how about making it at least not de-crewable prior to the gun itself dying? Similar to Brit emplacements.

That way a single satchel can't nullify it and all you'd have to worry about is repairing it versus healing the crew.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea of letting the repair Pioneers from the repair bunker also repair buildings, like the British ones.

Probably won't be added tho, would be too OP lol.
PAGES (107)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS