I suggest to add:
1. some ammo ability - strafe, barrage, smoke or samething like that. Commander is too MP intensive currently.
2. What about upgrade for 251 HT which would make it a ostheer mortar HT? Commander ability stays as it is but add a upgrade that HT can be changed in mortar ht (for X ammo) but looses their core abilities to reinforce and heal. Mobile indirect fire would make this unit better more desirable. Again it would be inspired by PanzerElite concept.
But generally imo it's really good commander design. GJ
Smoke sounds good yes.
And I also thought about the 221 and Halftrack upgrades, originally the 223 would have been a 221 which could be upgraded to the 222 or 223 (with the antenna on top), and the Halftrack would have been the unarmed 250 capable of upgrading to an MG42, mortar or "ambulance" (new upgrade would allow the setup of the halftrack in both friendly and enemy territory to reinforce and heal infantry, like the USF Ambulance but a bit more armored and could setup in enemy territory like I said).
The problem is that then the doctrine is too versatile and would become OP since it would cover enough for an additional commander probably due to the light vehicle upgrades.
So instead of like, the Repair and Recovery 251 Halftrack (which could be an upgrade for the 251 that comes with the Mech Group) you would get smoke as you said.
But, this is for an entirely new commander, altho the 223 is a good idea for the Overwatch doctrine as you said, I had no idea that he was talking about Elite Armor.
You have a good point in saying that American Soldiers ideas should complemented with ammo based abilities. I also think that the Radio Car does fit a lot better to the Overwatch doctrin.
So i would suggest:
1. Panzer Tactitian (imo a must for this doctrine
2. 250 Halftrack Mechanized Group with Obersoldaten (Im sticking here to my idea)
3. Breakthrough / improved Panzer Commander
4. Jagdpanzer 38(t) "Hetzer"
5. Tiger I
Now you have 2 ammo based and 3 fuel based abilities.
Just for the record the doctrine is called "Elite Armor" and not "Panzer Elite".
This is the Panzer Elite: http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Panzer_Elite
And it's based on the Panzer Lehr Division (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_Lehr_Division
) and somewhat the II SS Panzer Corps (which was involved in Operation Market Garden, the Panzer Lehr was not) that also had a lot of sub-regiments attached to it like Artillery and most importantly, Panzergrenadiers which are the German mechanized infantry.
So I don't know if you're using Google translate or something but I thought you wanted a new commander that was somewhat inspired by the CoH PE, and not suggesting a revamp of "Elite Armor".