Login

russian armor

German units too cheap or are Allied units too expensive?

27 Jul 2018, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 03:55 AMCODGUY

... Yes, also because they've never gotten any hard nerfs to any of their key units unlike every other faction. No MG42 nerf, no mortar nerf, no OP grenade nerf, none of that.

Simply read patch notes the Ostheer mortar was nerfed in the latest patch.
27 Jul 2018, 11:20 AM

So now you're admitting OST is better than USF and UKF. Good, we're making progress, that's basically what I've been trying to say this whole time. Now lets ask why? Because OST is more complete? Yes, also because they've never gotten any hard nerfs to any of their key units unlike every other faction. No MG42 nerf, no mortar nerf, no OP grenade nerf, none of that.

it reminds me of the good old days when the brits put their centaur on the field and the game was gg - think that went on for some months, or even longer - the americans had such a time, I think so.

but now ost has a mathematical advantage, nothing compared to the crap of the past, but this injustice towards the allies cannot be accepted under any circumstances.

you are the spearhead of the liberal world
27 Jul 2018, 11:29 AM

So now you're admitting OST is better than USF and UKF. Good, we're making progress, that's basically what I've been trying to say this whole time. Now lets ask why? Because OST is more complete? Yes, also because they've never gotten any hard nerfs to any of their key units unlike every other faction. No MG42 nerf, no mortar nerf, no OP grenade nerf, none of that.

I think 80% of people that play this game and have some basic understanding of it will agree that Soviets, Ost and OKW are the best factions. USF is questionable but no one really denies that UKF is shit right now. UKF got all their OP stuff removed without being compensated for not having indirect fire and snares. It´s just the way it is. Unfortunately UKF also has the worst tanks in entire COH2 so yeah UKF is pretty much dead.
27 Jul 2018, 16:33 PM

EFA is strongest because they were properly designed. Considerations were made. Relative positioning and counters. Durable units had restrictions and high DPS was always squishy. Weapon upgrades were restricted, AT was a trade off. Retreating meant giving up ground not regrouping half way outside your base. There weren't squads that were middle ground of durability and firepower AND could further buff their firepower. Trade offs were a thing. Combined arms were a thing. WFA was about overpowered this to make up for underpowered that/non existent that.

EFA was built to be balanced and that has stood the test of time. WFA... Not so much
27 Jul 2018, 17:04 PM

Durable units had restrictions and high DPS was always squishy. Weapon upgrades were restricted, AT was a trade off. Trade offs were a thing. Combined arms were a thing.

You sure about that? *looks at Guards & team game exclusive Penal blob*
27 Jul 2018, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2018, 00:06 AMCODGUY
I do play Axis when I feel like winning games.

Anyway, I don't really think whatever small bonus Allied MGs have in damage vs vehicles or other units is that relevant because its not the job of a machine gun to fight vehicles or necessarily kill infantry and besides the vetted MG42 with AP rounds is even better in that area anyway lol! I mean the Vickers can't even cover a capture point and keep a signle enemy sqaud from taking it from you. The Browning is okay but costs more than its superior Wehrmacht counter part for no apparent reason and its more on pop. With the preformance and stats the way they are then a Browning being 280 MP and 7 Pop means an MG42 should be 300 MP and 8 pop and a Vickers should be almost free (half joking). The MG34 for OKW isn't nearly as good as the MG42 for Wehrmacht but it still seems as good or better than the Browning or Vickers. The fact that the Browning is locked behind USF tech is pretty relevent because usually you have to pick between AT guns or MGs since its rarely viable to get both in most games (yes yes I know you can do the Airborne thing and avoid that but you shouldn't have to depend on a doctrine to survive). This of course is something neither Axis nor Brits or Soviets have to worry about

Allied nations do require a higher level of skill to play on par with the Axis factions. Ost is generally defensive and it's easy for anyone to set up a defence compared to how hard to is to orchestrate a full on attack.

I think I've seen you in games too.

tbh I think it's L2P for you.

Allied play styles are much different to Axis, I main USF and I feel i do very well, but I lose heavily when I play ost because I keep trying to flank and smoke things. Most Ost units favour sitting at long range and battering the enemy from there. I know from playing USF how much an allied players mouth will water if you come up close with a panther (although I still cant break the habit of flanking/charging with them)

Basially Axis powers generally require less micro to pull off, so when you say other Axis units consistently outperform allied units, they will, if you play allies with no more micro than you do with Axis.

Although, Mg42 insta suppress should be nerfed to the second burst, or the time taken for suppression to wear off should be reduced. Alot of times my riflemen clip an MG42 (with one model), one burst suppresses them and it takes so long to wear off they loose a close range fight with some grens even though the MG did basically nothing.
27 Jul 2018, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 19:36 PMTomDRV

Allied nations do require a higher level of skill to play on par with the Axis factions. Ost is generally defensive and it's easy for anyone to set up a defence compared to how hard to is to orchestrate a full on attack.

I think I've seen you in games too.

tbh I think it's L2P for you.

Allied play styles are much different to Axis, I main USF and I feel i do very well, but I lose heavily when I play ost because I keep trying to flank and smoke things. Most Ost units favour sitting at long range and battering the enemy from there. I know from playing USF how much an allied players mouth will water if you come up close with a panther (although I still cant break the habit of flanking/charging with them)

Basially Axis powers generally require less micro to pull off, so when you say other Axis units consistently outperform allied units, they will, if you play allies with no more micro than you do with Axis.

Although, Mg42 insta suppress should be nerfed to the second burst, or the time taken for suppression to wear off should be reduced. Alot of times my riflemen clip an MG42 (with one model), one burst suppresses them and it takes so long to wear off they loose a close range fight with some grens even though the MG did basically nothing.

Well I've got a couple freinds I never give them props for winning as OST because that isn't really a great feat. I always tell them you'll get credit if you win with a faction with a fked up tech tree like USF or a hamstrung one like that was completely nerfed to hell like UKF. Winning as those guys takes some skill. OST is such a babied faction. USF can't have panic call ins like the M10, so we nerf it but OST callins for some reason aren't a problem so yeah go ahead and keep your panic Pumas and command panzer 4s. The .50 cal has too much supression so we'll nerf it, oh but the MG42 can keep its supression, that's totally fine. Its such a joke.
28 Jul 2018, 13:16 PM

You sure about that? *looks at Guards & team game exclusive Penal blob*

HAD
guards had a shit tier ptrs and couldnt stop dancing long enough to fire more than a shot and penal get NO rec acc buffs
It wasn't until penal were WFA'd that they became too much, and guards AT LEAST need a large muni investment and to be stationary for 4/6 of their guns to fire.
28 Jul 2018, 21:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

HAD
guards had a shit tier ptrs and couldnt stop dancing long enough to fire more than a shot and penal get NO rec acc buffs
It wasn't until penal were WFA'd that they became too much, and guards AT LEAST need a large muni investment and to be stationary for 4/6 of their guns to fire.

There's also the fact that upgrade weapons > stock weapons because it's more effective in focus firing and you are losing way less firepower when you lose models.
29 Jul 2018, 01:16 AM

There's also the fact that upgrade weapons > stock weapons because it's more effective in focus firing and you are losing way less firepower when you lose models.

One of the biggest issues of coh imo
"should I get this weapon upgrade?"
D9 you have the muni? Then yes.
Literallt no reason to ever not get an upgrade.
Sure is a good thing that all factions have equal access to them...
3 Aug 2018, 13:32 PM

>USF/UKF doesn't suck, you just need to L2P!
>looks at GCS pathetic win/loss of USF/UKF if they are even picked because they are never really picked because everyone knows they suck ass and there is literally only one dude in the entire universe that makes USF work

k...keep me posted
3 Aug 2018, 14:25 PM

Permanently Banned
What about sappers? 210mp vs pios 200.. 0.8 target size, buffed stens in cover, 5 man squad possibility, destroy cover, weapon rack ready, reduced reinforcement AND a huge eec acc buff with vet... Plus not required to build the base.
Vs. Los and flamethrower. Teller mines are pretty cool too I reckon.
Some how sappers come in harder to hit than 50% more expensive Sturm pios....

Lmao are we using the same unit? Your stats are about two years out of date friend. RE are basically pios now without flamers and early chance to wire off cover

Royal engie strats are straight up garbage now too, btw you also forget to mention 5man makes pios cheaper in pop cap and the fact they get better LoS.

But feel free to try out RE spam for yourself and upload all your games here for all to watch at how OP they are.

3 Aug 2018, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2018, 14:25 PMroll0

Lmao are we using the same unit? Your stats are about two years out of date friend. RE are basically pios now without flamers and early chance to wire off cover

Royal engie strats are straight up garbage now too, btw you also forget to mention 5man makes pios cheaper in pop cap and the fact they get better LoS.

But feel free to try out RE spam for yourself and upload all your games here for all to watch at how OP they are.

I looked back and reread about 8 times but the only place I see "RE spam" is in your comment, so don't put words in my mouth. It was pointed out my stats were out of date (I forgot about the RA nerf to 0.9, which is lower than grens by the way)

I know the strat since WFA release has been "pick the most cost effecint unit and build absolutely nothing else" but sappers fill their support role well. They are cheap and flexible and durable. 5 man upgrade makes them more formidable from slinging PIATS to repairing. They are designed to take the MP pressure off of tommies (the same tommies that bleed less than grens) and give some close range damage potential.
Pios have their support utility but are hopeless in combat without a flamethrower and even then you probably have more important things to be doing with them (like building cover because your mainline can't do it themselves, or building bases because your base doesn't build itself, or repairing their armour because Ost is the only faction who doesn't have a way for them to repair themselves....)
3 Aug 2018, 15:37 PM

How do you rank in Cod?
3 Aug 2018, 16:51 PM

send bob and vagana
3 Aug 2018, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2018, 13:32 PMReverb
>USF/UKF doesn't suck, you just need to L2P!
>looks at GCS pathetic win/loss of USF/UKF if they are even picked because they are never really picked because everyone knows they suck ass and there is literally only one dude in the entire universe that makes USF work

k...keep me posted

sov >> usf >> ukf

which faction would you choose for a tournament? with certainty the strongest, if that means that the others suck?
4 Aug 2018, 12:57 PM

I think UKF are in a better spot right now than USF, Sections are very good when played with precision. UKF seems to be a faction that can be very powerful early game if played with no mistakes, but make one and your game is toast. USF on the other hand just sucks from the get go and only comes into its own in late game.

4 Aug 2018, 13:02 PM

Permanently Banned

I looked back and reread about 8 times but the only place I see "RE spam" is in your comment, so don't put words in my mouth. It was pointed out my stats were out of date (I forgot about the RA nerf to 0.9, which is lower than grens by the way)

I know the strat since WFA release has been "pick the most cost effecint unit and build absolutely nothing else" but sappers fill their support role well. They are cheap and flexible and durable. 5 man upgrade makes them more formidable from slinging PIATS to repairing. They are designed to take the MP pressure off of tommies (the same tommies that bleed less than grens) and give some close range damage potential.
Pios have their support utility but are hopeless in combat without a flamethrower and even then you probably have more important things to be doing with them (like building cover because your mainline can't do it themselves, or building bases because your base doesn't build itself, or repairing their armour because Ost is the only faction who doesn't have a way for them to repair themselves....)

I say this because you wrote out a solid paragraph bragging how OP and how great sappers are to pios.

Literally every positive you listed (bren racks, reinforce vet 3, received accuracy, cover bonus) has been nerfed the last three patches. Meanwhile pios still have their benefits (biggest one being a flamer here let's be honest)

If anything sappers are the slightly weaker unit now
4 Aug 2018, 13:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2018, 13:02 PMroll0

I say this because you wrote out a solid paragraph bragging how OP and how great sappers are to pios.

Literally every positive you listed (bren racks, reinforce vet 3, received accuracy, cover bonus) has been nerfed the last three patches. Meanwhile pios still have their benefits (biggest one being a flamer here let's be honest)

If anything sappers are the slightly weaker unit now

Sappers were nerfed because sappers were batshit OP. That's how it works. But as long as racks and bolster exist (not saying they shouldn't) sappers will be the better unit because of durability and flexibility. Sappers have access to a FRP as well further boosting the amount field time they get over pios.
The only thing wrong with sappers is their price point. 220mp even and I'd stop bitching tbh. 10mp more with all the boons over pios is insulting to balance and a Very relics newest faction thing to do
5 Aug 2018, 01:09 AM

Permanently Banned

Sappers were nerfed because sappers were batshit OP. That's how it works. But as long as racks and bolster exist (not saying they shouldn't) sappers will be the better unit because of durability and flexibility. Sappers have access to a FRP as well further boosting the amount field time they get over pios.
The only thing wrong with sappers is their price point. 220mp even and I'd stop bitching tbh. 10mp more with all the boons over pios is insulting to balance and a Very relics newest faction thing to do

Flexibility? You mean like hitting the field 5mins later so you can't even wire off key green cover or garrisons like pios or sturms can.

Maybe next time you make a post include actual stats and not out of date ones, your argument might be stronger lol

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★