Login

russian armor

German units too cheap or are Allied units too expensive?

23 Jul 2018, 20:16 PM

Penetration matters a lot vs Ost. 50 cal can rip through 222, flame HT, and flak ht, and when garrisoned can do enough damage to force a Luchs back.

Having lower penetration means you can't even force back lightly armoured half tracks.

Set-up/tear-down time is also an important consideration.

I think most people would prefer the MG42, obviously, since it's the easiest to use. Just pointing out that it isn't "strictly" superior to the 50 cal.

It is: hit the field first by a larger margin, cost less, larger arc of fire, longer burst and vet1 incendiary round over the top.
Basically the HMG.50 is only better in setup time.

24 Jul 2018, 00:55 AM

I am laughing my butt off at the idea that people think the .50 cal is in anyway a match for the MG42 lol. It takes such an inordinate amount to resources and attention to deal with the damn things especially as USF its almost laughable. As for the .50 cal, please, who cares what its penn is, just drive around its lame arch of fire and kill it.

Supposedly Riflemen are better than Grens (although I have my doubts as to whether that's actually true all things considered) but that doesn't mean much. USF has to tech to grenades to deal with the damn things if they're in buildings and if you do that expect your opponent to be rolling out a Panzer 4 before you get your inferior Sherman on the field because its going to put you way behind due to the excessive cost of the grenade unlock.
24 Jul 2018, 05:30 AM

The wording of this makes it sound like something that belongs in Balance Discussion.

Anyways, back to the topic: I would not say that allied units perform poorly compared to their WM or OKW counterparts. It is simply a matter of where they perform well (what is their intended role, intended engagement distance, etc.).

Grenadiers beat Rear Echelons because they are designed to fight. They're designed to win engagements. Rear Echelons are designed to be support units. They can build a ton stuff, repair things like tanks, and (finally!) plant mines.

Directly comparing a combat unit to a utility unit isn't a fair comparison. You can say REs are 40MP less than Grens and perform poorly against them; I can say Pioneers are 40MP less than Conscripts and perform poorly against them.

In the days when I had way too much time to spare I actually conducted mass vacuum tests of all 1v1 infantry engagements that I knew of. Riflemen beat Grens and Volks at close and mid ranges in all circumstances (stock, upgraded, max vet & upgraded, no cover, yellow cover, green cover), even beating Volks at long range in the upgraded and max vet upgraded tests.

The M2HB .50 cal was nerfed only when they removed the Sprint ability, which is a perfectly reasonable as team weapons should be punished for being flanked. Popcap adjustments and adjusting suppression are minor yet also very reasonable. Even so, it has great suppression and amazing damage. The mighty MG42 does less damage but has a wider arc.

Arguing that it is locked behind tech is invalid, as the Maxim is also locked behind tech. The OKW MG34, as paltry as it is, is also locked behind tech (albeit is unlocked with any tech). Out of all the MGs locked behind tech, the M2HB is easily the most powerful one.

In all honesty, the cost-to-performance of most units in CoH2 is relatively well tuned at the moment; the biggest issues I can recall (off the top of my head) lie with heavy tanks, which are more difficult to use due to their massive hitboxes and their slow, cumbersome nature.

When you compare RM to Volks. https://www.coh2.org/topic/81501/usf-infantry-upgrade
24 Jul 2018, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2018, 00:55 AMCODGUY

Supposedly Riflemen are better than Grens (although I have my doubts as to whether that's actually true all things considered) but that doesn't mean much. USF has to tech to grenades to deal with the damn things if they're in buildings and if you do that expect your opponent to be rolling out a Panzer 4 before you get your inferior Sherman on the field because its going to put you way behind due to the excessive cost of the grenade unlock.

If you put them 1v1 without vet and upgrades rifleman win easily. However, that never happens in real game and grens have nade that insta blows your squad if you are in cover ( and they don't need to buy upgrade for that). So on paper rifles are better, but you need a lot of awareness vs grens.

About volks, i generally think they are better(cheaper, upgrade outside of base etc.) Basically 90% from there is true VOLKS BEAT RIFLES

Don't forget to mention p4 beats sherman 1v1 and after vet 2 p4 is unstoppable for sherman. The other problem would be 2x panzershreck on panzergrens, but nobody uses them so i don't mind
26 Jul 2018, 08:28 AM

People, CODGUY is a laughing stock on the Steam forums due to him posting similiar ''discussion'' threads on the forum. Everyone debunks his arguments(which aren't even arguments as he never tests or validates his claims) and yet he continues to rant about how 75% of the playerbase are axis mains without any form of evidence.

Please don't take his delusional mindset seriously.
26 Jul 2018, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2018, 08:28 AMA table
People, CODGUY is a laughing stock on the Steam forums due to him posting similiar ''discussion'' threads on the forum. Everyone debunks his arguments(which aren't even arguments as he never tests or validates his claims) and yet he continues to rant about how 75% of the playerbase are axis mains without any form of evidence.

Please don't take his delusional mindset seriously.

Oh please. All I do is call it like I see it and if you or some people on the Steam forums don't see it that way then fine, whatever.
26 Jul 2018, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2018, 17:26 PMCODGUY

Oh please. All I do is call it like I see it and if .

So you admit that your opinions are just based on your biased interpretation and not on statistics, in game values or others experiences.
26 Jul 2018, 20:24 PM

So you admit that your opinions are just based on your biased interpretation and not on statistics, in game values or others experiences.

Well they're based primarily on playing the game I'd say.
26 Jul 2018, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2018, 20:24 PMCODGUY

Well they're based primarily on playing the game I'd say.

So subject to cognitive bias and your poor gameplay.
26 Jul 2018, 21:38 PM

So subject to cognitive bias and your poor gameplay.

To a certain extent maybe. But no more biased and no more based on poor gameplay than the crying from those calling for Brits to beaten with the nerf hammer over the last couple of years except that those people got what they wanted.
26 Jul 2018, 22:14 PM

Oh please. All I do is call it like I see it...

You need to get your eyes checked then champ...
26 Jul 2018, 22:39 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Oh please. All I do is call it like I see it and if you or some people on the Steam forums don't see it that way then fine, whatever.

So you call it as you see it at rank 1000 and then complain on the forums and are countered by people who are most likely better than you. That’s a legitiment arguement.

People laugh because you refute their arguements which come from players with higher ranks, more games, more skill, more experience.

Want help on what you’re doing wrong? Ask for it.
26 Jul 2018, 23:12 PM

So you call it as you see it at rank 1000 and then complain on the forums and are countered by people who are most likely better than you. That’s a legitiment arguement.

People laugh because you refute their arguements which come from players with higher ranks, more games, more skill, more experience.

Everything about this discussion and this BabyRage aside, it's not like high ranked players have ever given bad gameplay or balance advice, right? They always eat the soap. :megusta:
26 Jul 2018, 23:27 PM

Everything about this discussion and this BabyRage aside, it's not like high ranked players have ever given bad gameplay or balance advice, right? They always eat the soap. :megusta:

Well I wouldn’t say always Kappa but odds are they know something you don’t.
27 Jul 2018, 01:11 AM

Yeah and which factions did those high ranked players pick during this last GCS2? Pretty sure it was mostly OST and Soviets with the occasional USF and OKW.
27 Jul 2018, 02:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2018, 21:38 PMCODGUY

To a certain extent maybe. But no more biased and no more based on poor gameplay than the crying from those calling for Brits to beaten with the nerf hammer over the last couple of years except that those people got what they wanted.

Being only slightly better than the worst is no way to go through life.

27 Jul 2018, 02:20 AM

Being only slightly better than the worst is no way to go through life.

It doesn't matter how good or bad you think I am just look at the GCS2 matches yourself. Most of those were OST vs Soviets, and that's not because USF or Brits were such awesome, balanced factions.
27 Jul 2018, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2018, 01:11 AMCODGUY

Yeah and which factions did those high ranked players pick during this last GCS2? Pretty sure it was mostly OST and Soviets with the occasional USF and OKW.

It’s almost like the most complete factions are the best ones :) I don’t see any top players complaining about how riflemen are too weak.
27 Jul 2018, 03:55 AM

It’s almost like the most complete factions are the best ones :) I don’t see any top players complaining about how riflemen are too weak.

So now you're admitting OST is better than USF and UKF. Good, we're making progress, that's basically what I've been trying to say this whole time. Now lets ask why? Because OST is more complete? Yes, also because they've never gotten any hard nerfs to any of their key units unlike every other faction. No MG42 nerf, no mortar nerf, no OP grenade nerf, none of that.
27 Jul 2018, 05:51 AM

Two words: Git Gud
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight