OKW
non moving LMG troops

Ost:
Elite infantry
Jagdpanzer

Great ideas :) All of them actually.
24 Mar 2020, 13:40 PM
Modmaker Badge

It is really cool :) Looking at the stats, though, I'd make this panzer actually a bit cheaper than ost p4 fuelwise (100 probably) to make players really produce lots of them and those longer repairs would make it not a great investment in the long run. If possible I would even make it unrepairable above 80-90% to make it even more fun (if that is possible to code of course).

It already arrives 60 fuel earlier, because it doesn't require Panzer Authorization. I considered making it cheaper, but figured that in combination with it arriving earlier than any other medium armour would make it too powerful.

I wanted to avoid giving it different stats, as the general rule of thumb for reused vehicles in CoH2 (OH Panzer IV, M10, M5 Halftrack, etc.) is that they have the same base stats. :) Making it unrepairable above certain threshold is probably impossible - a better solution would be to just give it 80-90% HP of regular Panzer IV, but as I mentioned before, it would go against the rule of thumb.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in detail!
24 Mar 2020, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 13:40 PMOlekman

It already arrives 60 fuel earlier, because it doesn't require Panzer Authorization. I considered making it cheaper, but figured that in combination with it arriving earlier than any other medium armour would make it too powerful.

I wanted to avoid giving it different stats, as the general rule of thumb for reused vehicles in CoH2 (OH Panzer IV, M10, M5 Halftrack, etc.) is that they have the same base stats. :) Making it unrepairable above certain threshold is probably impossible - a better solution would be to just give it 80-90% HP of regular Panzer IV, but as I mentioned before, it would go against the rule of thumb.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in detail!

Difficult not to agree with you here. I just would love to see the battlefield with many of those vehicles, but you are probably right that 60 fuel earlier may be just enough. Have you thought of call in osttroppen models as volksturm units to add them somewhere in the doctrine?
24 Mar 2020, 13:59 PM

I really hope we get round 2 on community commanders:

OKW: Pak40, Tellers,bunkers,butterfly bombs, heavy fortifications

USF: Some kind of motorized company with WC51, M5, Greyhound, flamethrowers&flares, cover to cover

UKF: Some kind of Special Operations doctrine with spy network, observation Tommies, radio silence, radio intercept and Infiltration Commandos.

Ostheer: Reconnaisance Doctrine with Panzerfusiliers, Puma, Spotting scopes, plane recon and camouflage.

Soviets: Desperate defense doctrine with Commissar, light anti-infantry mines/tank traps, hold the line ability (defense bonuses), propaganda artillery and KV1.
24 Mar 2020, 14:02 PM
Modmaker Badge

Difficult not to agree with you here. I just would love to see the battlefield with many of those vehicles, but you are probably right that 60 fuel earlier may be just enough. Have you thought of call in osttroppen models as volksturm units to add them somewhere in the doctrine?

I actually got the campaign refugee models for those (dude in green jackets), but while they would fit thematically ("Desperate Measures" after all), they wouldn't really fit gameplay-wise. As is, this commander is primarily about pumping out and supporting cheap and unreliable armour, secondarily about being on the defensive when you repair them.
24 Mar 2020, 14:03 PM

I really hope we get round 2 on community commanders:

OKW: Pak40, Tellers,bunkers,butterfly bombs, heavy fortifications
Ostheer: Reconnaisance Doctrine with Panzerfusiliers, Puma, Spotting scopes, plane recon and camouflage.

At this point, you might want to just switch factions instead of blurring last lines between them.

I don't believe any new commanders would work with no ability to introduce new units, it would either be something useless thrown into the pile or some hardcore META always picked shit.

Lets just hope for CoH3 silently.
24 Mar 2020, 14:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 14:03 PMKatitof

At this point, you might want to just switch factions instead of blurring last lines between them.

I really think it's not a bad thing. They're the same country after all and it wouldn't be that bad. For instance both UKF and USF can get the stock Soviet Quad AA via doctrines, UKF can get the M10 and the M1 mortar, Ost can get the Puma, OKW can get bunkers. It's really not that awful, as long as you don't go overboard. I think an anti-tank heavy commander for OKW wouldn't be a bad thing and would certainly work to cover weaknesses such as the 0CP M3A1 if you do something like bundle the Pak40 with "AT measures" that would like give Sturmpios AT grenades or something, while Panzerfusiliers for Ost could work if they didn't get the same upgrades as the OKW versions. You could for instance give them some kind of observation package upgrade that would give them camo, 50 sight, call in smoke arty, and 1 sniper rifle with a %crit as a 5 man squad.
24 Mar 2020, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 14:02 PMOlekman

I actually got the campaign refugee models for those (dude in green jackets), but while they would fit thematically ("Desperate Measures" after all), they wouldn't really fit gameplay-wise. As is, this commander is primarily about pumping out and supporting cheap and unreliable armour, secondarily about being on the defensive when you repair them.

Great idea and work anyway - I hope it will be added to commanders rooster and keep my fingers crossed for it :)
24 Mar 2020, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 20:51 PMOlekman
Great idea

Love the flavor in this commander, would love to see this implemented.
24 Mar 2020, 16:33 PM

Are you guys still not abandoning the hope that new commanders will be added?

It's really welcome to add the new commanders, but it won't be added anymore

24 Mar 2020, 17:01 PM

I don't know how this thread was revived, but I still demand a King Tiger for Ostheer.
24 Mar 2020, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 17:01 PMFarlion
I don't know how this thread was revived, but I still demand a King Tiger for Ostheer.

I made this concept a while back:

Fortified Armor is a good revamp candidate considering Jaeger Armor will remain the dominant Elefant commander anyway. Looking back at it, it would probably a bit too cancerous with the recon + arty combo, considering the other abilities are already strong, so just imagine the Recon plane being like entrenching tools or something.
24 Mar 2020, 18:53 PM

Fortified Armor is a good revamp candidate considering Jaeger Armor will remain the dominant Elefant commander anyway. Looking back at it, it would probably a bit too cancerous with the recon + arty combo, considering the other abilities are already strong, so just imagine the Recon plane being like entrenching tools or something.

I would legit play nothing else.
24 Mar 2020, 19:29 PM

Personally, I would like to see an airplane focused UKF commander, something like Ostheer's close air support, but with more focus on more expensive, constant air support rather than cheap, single air attacks.

Konistiger with panzer tactician? hELL YEs, IMMORTAL SUPERHEAVY
(might be op since OKW has to invest more resources in tech buildings than ostheer tho)
24 Mar 2020, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2020, 19:29 PMmaahowl
Konistiger with panzer tactician? hELL YEs, IMMORTAL SUPERHEAVY
(might be op since OKW has to invest more resources in tech buildings than ostheer tho)

I doubt it would be stronger than the Tiger Ace + Panzer Tactician combo tbh.
25 Mar 2020, 03:07 AM

This is an ideal of mine, insprited by 9th Royal tank regiment, one of the fist units to be equiped with churchill tank and participated in many major opertions on the westen front.

ROYAL TANK REGIMENT: Focus on heavy armor gameplay for AI support.

0CP - Close support tank: Upgrade for churchill heavy tank to act as close support tank. Cost 100mp - 15fu, give the churchill tank gun frofile of the 105mm sherman dozer. IRL, This represent the churchill Mk VIII CS tank - a churchill mk VII gun tank refitted with 95mm howizer. In game,this upgrade offer strong AI power on a verry durrable platfom, can combine with AT support from firefly and command vehicle aura to form a very strong armour formation.

*NOTE: this upgade can be consider bettwen 105 dozer gun profile, or swich-able HE round like sherman 75.

1CP - Recovery sapper: Further support armour play with bonus repair speed, built in sweeper and can salvage wrecks to make up loses.

3CP - Designated command vehicle: Provide air recon and buff for armour formation.

6CP - Vehicle crew repair: To qickly push those damaged heavy tank back in to action.

10CP - Precision Barrage: Taken from cancer regiment. This is a good ability that currently being wasted by staying only in a dead commander.

25 Mar 2020, 17:05 PM

The only “new” units that can really be added are infantry units, so consider adding a new infantry unit to community commanders next time they come around
25 Mar 2020, 22:14 PM

I think a new round of commander reworks would offer more for the game than new commanders. Its really hard to designnew commanders without new abilities/ new units.
But 2 reworks for every faction would be really nice!
Just look athe suggestions in this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/101020/6-changes-to-improve-wehrmacht-commanders-thematically/page/6

I really believe that there are even more than 2 proposals to make lackluster wehr commanders better.
25 Mar 2020, 22:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2020, 22:14 PMSmartie
I think a new round of commander reworks would offer more for the game than new commanders. Its really hard to designnew commanders without new abilities/ new units.
But 2 reworks for every faction would be really nice!
Just look athe suggestions in this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/101020/6-changes-to-improve-wehrmacht-commanders-thematically/page/6

I really believe that there are even more than 2 proposals to make lackluster wehr commanders better.

I would rather see some "rules" set for commanders so that we can avoid certain combos.

For instance Elefant/recon/stuka or isu/mark target/il-2 should not be available.

And checking some abilities that are OP or UP, for instance:
concentrate fire operation/240 howitzer barrage/Railway artillery support
perimeter overwatch, sector artillery, close the pocket
26 Mar 2020, 02:55 AM

This is an ideal of mine, insprited by 9th Royal tank regiment, one of the fist units to be equiped with churchill tank and participated in many major opertions on the westen front.

ROYAL TANK REGIMENT: Focus on heavy armor gameplay for AI support.

0CP - Close support tank: Upgrade for churchill heavy tank to act as close support tank. Cost 100mp - 15fu, give the churchill tank gun frofile of the 105mm sherman dozer. IRL, This represent the churchill Mk VIII CS tank - a churchill mk VII gun tank refitted with 95mm howizer. In game,this upgrade offer strong AI power on a verry durrable platfom, can combine with AT support from firefly and command vehicle aura to form a very strong armour formation.

*NOTE: this upgade can be consider bettwen 105 dozer gun profile, or swich-able HE round like sherman 75.

1CP - Recovery sapper: Further support armour play with bonus repair speed, built in sweeper and can salvage wrecks to make up loses.

3CP - Designated command vehicle: Provide air recon and buff for armour formation.

6CP - Vehicle crew repair: To qickly push those damaged heavy tank back in to action.

10CP - Precision Barrage: Taken from cancer regiment. This is a good ability that currently being wasted by staying only in a dead commander.

And how we are supposed to counter that :D
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight