Login

russian armor

New Commander concepts.

PAGES (15)down
3 Aug 2019, 12:09 PM

Hungarian divisions may have had better equipment but in terms of sheer numbers the Romanians were much more important, they had way more divisions in the east.

Besides that i like some of the ideas you presented and would like to see them in a rework of Festung Support Commander:

• Forward Headquarter
• 120 mm Grw42
would fit perfectly to the theme.

I also agree that the LeIG18 would be an ideal addition to a "mountain warfare" doctrine. I thought hard about making this theme my official wehrmacht submission but was not satisfied with the results. I would love to work out something together with you and appreciate every feedback, especially how Gebirgsjäger (unit in wehr gamefiles) could work. The unit should not be a copy of JLI imo.

Finally heres my own interpretation of your USF Spearhead Company idea:
  • Raid tactics (0CP)
  • Cav Rifles (1CP)
  • Recon plane (4 CP)
  • P47 bombing run (12 CP)
  • M26 Pershing Heavy Tank (9 CP, tied to major tech)

Yeah, like I said I based them mostly off of the Hungarians in Steel Division 2 as well as the fact that they were the only other known users of Tigers in order to include the KT in the doctrine. Plus the infantry unit can be whatever really, it started off as Blau Division Grenadiers for me, now it's Hungarians, it could be Croatians, whatever you wanna call em really.

Here's the visual pic for my Armored Spearhead Company as well, took me about 10 minutes to make:

I'm still not satisfied with the M8, might replace it later, but I think that's the pull of the commander, you have no indirect fire support other than the pack howitzer and M8 of course, so no M21 Mortar HT, Priest or Calliope or anything like that, but make up for it in Armored support and just being lightning fast. That's also something I think plagued the real US Armored divisions, since they were so far ahead of everyone else supply and support had trouble catching up with them.

Again, based on the 3rd US Armored Division "Spearhead" from Steel Division.

I'm thinking of doing the visual pic of the Panzerjäger idea we had going on here a bit later, just gotta gather up some assets before that.
3 Aug 2019, 20:37 PM

Yeah, like I said I based them mostly off of the Hungarians in Steel Division 2 as well as the fact that they were the only other known users of Tigers in order to include the KT in the doctrine. Plus the infantry unit can be whatever really, it started off as Blau Division Grenadiers for me, now it's Hungarians, it could be Croatians, whatever you wanna call em really.

Here's the visual pic for my Armored Spearhead Company as well, took me about 10 minutes to make:

I'm still not satisfied with the M8, might replace it later, but I think that's the pull of the commander, you have no indirect fire support other than the pack howitzer and M8 of course, so no M21 Mortar HT, Priest or Calliope or anything like that, but make up for it in Armored support and just being lightning fast. That's also something I think plagued the real US Armored divisions, since they were so far ahead of everyone else supply and support had trouble catching up with them.

Again, based on the 3rd US Armored Division "Spearhead" from Steel Division.

I'm thinking of doing the visual pic of the Panzerjäger idea we had going on here a bit later, just gotta gather up some assets before that.

I personally would switch up either pershing or ez 8 off as greyhound and one of these 2 enough flavour for commander. Getting both would be kinda overkill. Also elite crews would sit perfectly into this vehicle heavy commander
3 Aug 2019, 20:43 PM

I personally would switch up either pershing or ez 8 off as greyhound and one of these 2 enough flavour for commander. Getting both would be kinda overkill. Also elite crews would sit perfectly into this vehicle heavy commander

I'd rather slit my wrists than include elite crews to be honest, the ability itself is not bad, anymore, but I still don't like it and would have much rather preferred they replaced it with something else entirely.

As far as the E8 and Pershing goes, both Sov and Ost have commanders with a heavy and premium medium tanks so I don't see the problem with the USF having one as well, I'd say they need heavy Armor the most and this commander is here for the exact purpose of fulfilling those (fetish) wishes.

M8 Greyhound I kinda agree that I'm not entirely happy with it but it was included in Steel Division and I wanted to see it in another commander than just Recon.
3 Aug 2019, 21:13 PM

I'd rather slit my wrists than include elite crews to be honest, the ability itself is not bad, anymore, but I still don't like it and would have much rather preferred they replaced it with something else entirely.

As far as the E8 and Pershing goes, both Sov and Ost have commanders with a heavy and premium medium tanks so I don't see the problem with the USF having one as well, I'd say they need heavy Armor the most and this commander is here for the exact purpose of fulfilling those (fetish) wishes.

M8 Greyhound I kinda agree that I'm not entirely happy with it but it was included in Steel Division and I wanted to see it in another commander than just Recon.

I'd say it should be treated like armoured assault tacics from soviet. No early game assets but great lategame. Also i am not really fan of commanders that just are full of unlocked units as they feel cheap way of forcing new units into composition. Id say ez 8 and pershing should stay, but halftrack rifles and greyhound should be replaced with some more supportive abilities.
3 Aug 2019, 23:08 PM

I'd say it should be treated like armoured assault tacics from soviet. No early game assets but great lategame. Also i am not really fan of commanders that just are full of unlocked units as they feel cheap way of forcing new units into composition. Id say ez 8 and pershing should stay, but halftrack rifles and greyhound should be replaced with some more supportive abilities.

I designed it to be a sort of hybrid between that and the USF Mech Company (heavily focused on vehicles) but at the cost of any doctrinal support like I said.

Armored Rifles' CP count here (2) is just for show really, I imagine it hitting the field at the same time as the M8 and Combined Arms, so early game will still be as normal as other USF builds, mid game is where if you start losing units and can afford it you can go the mechanized route, late game is where you get the Pershing and E8s.

It's really more of a team game commander tho, not really something meant for 1v1 obviously. Like I said USF feel rather really lacking in team game compositions because they are mostly dictated by heavy armor and they don't have that or if they do they're separate and in not as "meta" commanders (Rifle and Heavy Cav Co.)
1 Sep 2019, 11:15 AM

I always wanted to show my own commander, there goes:

ostheerostheerwhermacht:
(this is a whim of mine XD)

Blau Division Front:

Pack 38 (1)CP:

230 manpower
it would be a reliable light cannon with little penetration but with the ability to break tracks or cannons of enemy tanks (they could use the skin of Russian M-42)

Smoke Barriage (2)CP:

we all know what it is

Divisionarios (2)CP:

320, manpower 25 to reinforce
(they can use volks skin for the unit)
5 men with spanish mausers (can uses default skin for mauser) unlike the German mausers they lose damage at a far distance but gain more damage at medium distance and a little more fire ratio.
can unlock one Mg34 (75 ammo)(like obers)with a small defensive buff when entering map buildings
or 2 ppsh 41 with molotovs (60 ammo)
similar to russian penal battalion but who can opt for a defensive or aggressive approach

Not one step back!! (5)CP:

similar to other skills of the game but increases the defense in the allied territory and increases the accuracy and shooting distance if they are covered when starting the skill (60 or 70 ammo)

Last defensive bombing (10)CP:

200 Ammo
high reward but risky ability
bombard the position where your troops are located around them, increasing the cadence and precision the longer the units are positioned, if your troops flee during the skill in the area where you activated the ability the number of bombardment and precision decreases

activating the ability deactivates the "Not one step back" by default during the ability

1 Sep 2019, 11:52 AM

Hi all, noobie here.I would like to see new Wehrmacht commander with mobile arty like Wespe or Hummel. Why They have only static arty. And for USF static arty like 155mm Long Tom would be nice. I like the idea of normal Hetzer/JagdPanther in previous posts.
1 Sep 2019, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2019, 11:52 AMlukyCV
Hi all, noobie here.I would like to see new Wehrmacht commander with mobile arty like Wespe or Hummel. Why They have only static arty. And for USF static arty like 155mm Long Tom would be nice. I like the idea of normal Hetzer/JagdPanther in previous posts.

There will not be any new model like a hummel or Wespe.
1 Oct 2019, 06:21 AM

Hi, i really love the bt-5 tank so I tried to make a commander that uses it i've made 2 versions , hope u like it.
Soviet Cavalry Tactics
https://imgur.com/a/C5jKEk6
https://imgur.com/a/B80nF3d
1 Oct 2019, 07:12 AM

Wehrmacht's counter insurgency doctrine

• Passiv: Luchs buildable in T2 building
  • Overwatch flares
  • Ambush Camouflage (1CP)
  • Gebirgsjaeger (3 CP)
  • Fear Propaganda (6 CP)

This doctrine would be ideal to give Gebirgsjaeger a role in the game. HIstorically they were used for anti-partisan operations especially in the Balkan regios where insurgents had retreat points in the mountains.
1 Oct 2019, 12:14 PM

Terror Doctrine (OKW)

0CP - Schorched Earth tactics (booby trap points to render them neutral, just as in NKVD commander)
1CP - Jaeger Light Infantry
1CP - SS Officier (4 man squad, debuffs enemy units and buffs friendly units, heals friendlies)
5CP - Fear Propaganda artillery
7CP - Railway artillery (reworked like the B4, fires one round and scatter depends on distance from base, 80 muni per shot)
1 Oct 2019, 22:10 PM

This little video here inspired me to do a new sort of USF commander:

The 83rd US Infantry Division, nicknamed the "rag-tag circus" was part of Patton's 3rd Army and was famous for using any and all German vehicles they happened to come across, from trucks and halftracks to tanks and even a BF/Me109, as to maintain mobility and catch up with the fast moving Armored divisions like the 4th.

USF Ragtag Company

StG44 package - Riflemen can be equipped with 2 captured StG44s.

250 Halftrack - Captured German Halftrack, can be upgraded to either a field ambulance or mobile repair station. Has more armor than the WC so it's obviously going to be suited more towards being in the field.

Strafing Run - Meant to represent the captured BF/Me109.

Panther - Apparently they were also able to capture multiple Panther tanks. Could be replaced by a StuG or Puma or something else. Meant to be a bit more expensive premium-medium than the E8.

King Tiger - Cream of the (captured) crop. A bit famous instance of one of the few if not only King Tigers put into Allied service:

That's about it, I know it's a mish-mash of captured vehicles and equipment but it's basically meant to be a sort of mechanized commander utilizing captured German equipment as well as having the King Tiger, giving the USF something that can actually take a punch.

23 Jan 2020, 19:08 PM

Wehrmacht Mechanized Defense Doctrine:

Based on Panzerkorps Feldherrnhalle, a late war German Army formation fighting in Hungary. There were several units such as the 60. Infanterie Division and the 503. Schwerer Panzer Abteilung equipped with King Tigers that were absorbed into this group.

Sdkfz 250 - As this is a mechanized based commander it only makes sense for this vehicle to be here.

Panzer Tactician - What it says on the tin.

Panzerfusiliers/Urban Assault Panzergrenadiers - An elite infantry unit, both make sense in my opinion since they're 5 man squads.

For the Fatherland! - From the OKW Luftwaffe doctrine.

King Tiger - Yet another option to include the KT in the Wehrmacht roster.
13 Mar 2020, 20:51 PM
Modmaker Badge

I know that's it's patch season and people are more interested in discussing incoming changes, here's what I've been working on for the past week. It's available as a mod replacing the Breakthrough Doctrine here. Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Desperate Measures Doctrine
Hold the line using improvised units and raw fervour. Augment your front with dismounted Panzer Crews, basic fortifications and officer supervision. Call-in emergency "Ersatz" Panzer IVs to check the enemy advances.

[0 CP] Panzer Crew
Deploy Panzer Crew squad. Having more crews than panzers, the high command authorized using dismounted crews as substitute infantry.

[2 CP] Sturm Officer
Deploy a Sturm Officer and his Obersoldaten bodyguard. The officer improves nearby infantry and has a number of abilities to weaken the enemy.

[2 CP] For the Fatherland
Infantry in friendly territory will receive a defensive bonus and movement speed increase for the duration of the ability.

[3 CP] Field Defenses
Volksgrenadiers can build minefields and bunkers.

[8 CP] "Ersatz" Panzer IV
Deploy "Ersatz" Panzer IV. Rushed to the battlefield, this tank can still engage the enemy, but arrives in poor state and its maintenance takes longer.

Panzer Crew details:

"Ersatz" Panzer IV details:

Rationale:
Representing the state of OKW after the failed operation Wacht am Rhein - having lost most of their materiel and even marginally competent personnel, they have to rely on sub-par substitutes and fanatical fervour to hold the line against the Allies. Everything and anything is thrown to the frontlines.

Panzer Crews are not very potent in combat alone, but synergize well with For the Fatherland (decreases received accuracy and increases movement speed) and Sturm Officer (Smoke Grenade, Target Them!). They are primarily a support unit - on Vet0 they have 20% higher repair speed than Sturmpioneers and on Vet1 unlock the handy "Repair Critical" ability. However, Sturmpioneers repair rate scales better with veterancy and upgrades, while also being more potent combat unit. The LMG-34 upgrade is there to make them slightly more relevant in the late-game.

Rushing for Schwerer Panzer HQ is very appealing, as "Ersatz" Panzer IV promises medium tanks 60 fuel earlier than usual. Will you rush one out to the field as a shock unit or spend time to repair it first? Remember that all of its downtime is doubled!

Sturm Officer is one of my favourite units, both thematically and mechanically. Sadly, he has to compete with Panzerfusiliers for munitions in the ONLY doctrine he's in. I think he has some more breathing room in here even with For the Fatherland, minefields and MG bunkers available.
14 Mar 2020, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 20:51 PMOlekman
I know that's it's patch season and people are more interested in discussing incoming changes, here's what I've been working on for the past week. It's available as a mod replacing the Breakthrough Doctrine here. Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Hold the line using improvised units and raw fervour. Augment your front with dismounted Panzer Crews, basic fortifications and officer supervision. Call-in emergency "Ersatz" Panzer IVs to check the enemy advances.

[0 CP] Panzer Crew
Deploy Panzer Crew squad. Having more crews than panzers, the high command authorized using dismounted crews as substitute infantry.

[2 CP] Sturm Officer
Deploy a Sturm Officer and his Obersoldaten bodyguard. The officer improves nearby infantry and has a number of abilities to weaken the enemy.

Infantry in friendly territory will receive a defensive bonus and movement speed increase for the duration of the ability.

[3 CP] Field Defenses

Deploy "Ersatz" Panzer IV. Rushed to the battlefield, this tank can still engage the enemy, but arrives in poor state and its maintenance takes longer.

Panzer Crew details:

Rationale:
Representing the state of OKW after the failed operation Wacht am Rhein - having lost most of their materiel and even marginally competent personnel, they have to rely on sub-par substitutes and fanatical fervour to hold the line against the Allies. Everything and anything is thrown to the frontlines.

Panzer Crews are not very potent in combat alone, but synergize well with For the Fatherland (decreases received accuracy and increases movement speed) and Sturm Officer (Smoke Grenade, Target Them!). They are primarily a support unit - on Vet0 they have 20% higher repair speed than Sturmpioneers and on Vet1 unlock the handy "Repair Critical" ability. However, Sturmpioneers repair rate scales better with veterancy and upgrades, while also being more potent combat unit. The LMG-34 upgrade is there to make them slightly more relevant in the late-game.

Rushing for Schwerer Panzer HQ is very appealing, as "Ersatz" Panzer IV promises medium tanks 60 fuel earlier than usual. Will you rush one out to the field as a shock unit or spend time to repair it first? Remember that all of its downtime is doubled!

Sturm Officer is one of my favourite units, both thematically and mechanically. Sadly, he has to compete with Panzerfusiliers for munitions in the ONLY doctrine he's in. I think he has some more breathing room in here even with For the Fatherland, minefields and MG bunkers available.

I really like this one tbh.
23 Mar 2020, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 20:51 PMOlekman

[0 CP] Panzer Crew

[2 CP] Sturm Officer

[3 CP] Field Defenses

Panzer Crew details:

Rationale:

Just great :) There should be more of such doctrines for OKW.
23 Mar 2020, 20:25 PM
Modmaker Badge

I really like this one tbh.

Just great :) There should be more of such doctrines for OKW.

Thank you for your kind words. :) In the past I've made a "Engineer Combat Company" for USF, but it's been almost a year ago, so it's outdated. I'm thinking about making a commander for each faction, so that leaves UKF, OH and Soviets (even if the last two have a metric ton of them already).
24 Mar 2020, 00:27 AM

If community commanders come around again,

USF:
another Pershing commander

UKF:
elite infantry
Another Valentine

Sov:
Heavy AT troops

OKW
non moving LMG troops

Ost:
Elite infantry
Jagdpanzer
24 Mar 2020, 13:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2020, 20:25 PMOlekman

Thank you for your kind words. :) In the past I've made a "Engineer Combat Company" for USF, but it's been almost a year ago, so it's outdated. I'm thinking about making a commander for each faction, so that leaves UKF, OH and Soviets (even if the last two have a metric ton of them already).

It is really cool :) Looking at the stats, though, I'd make this panzer actually a bit cheaper than ost p4 fuelwise (100 probably) to make players really produce lots of them and those longer repairs would make it not a great investment in the long run. If possible I would even make it unrepairable above 80-90% to make it even more fun (if that is possible to code of course).
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
United Kingdom 21
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %