Login

russian armor

King Tiger balance fix: smoke launchers

9 Jul 2018, 15:06 PM

Do note how I explicitely stated 'kind of' selfsufficient. A 720mp 280fu unit should be able to perform on its own to some extend, instead of needing the support of an entire army to be even somewhat effective. Supporting a unit this expensive should supplement its strength, not be the source of it. As long as it doesn't, it will never be a viable alternative to regular army compositions.

You're basically saying a unit like the Kubelwagen can be very effective in the late game too, you just have to support it by an entire vet5 army, lol.

Like JagdTiger? Or Elephant? Or ISU? Or IS-2? Or Tiger?

Sorry, but all heavy armor requires support.

Build your heavies around supporting your army, because your heavy is no longer your army.
9 Jul 2018, 15:17 PM

just lets give smokes for all tanks. not only for axis
9 Jul 2018, 15:33 PM

Is2 has the same problem. Both need such a fix. Is2 is basically only useful, in the sense of actual impact, once it gets vet 3. King tiger on the other hand is always useful, yet also easily countered due to over buffed tank destroyers.

Both need a look at them. Knowing the balance team, they won't and they will be hampered by lelic.
9 Jul 2018, 16:23 PM

More like remove smoke aka get out of jail free card for all factions...panzer tactician is especially stupid and requires zero skill to (ab)use. People shouldnt just be able to smoke their tank in order to compensate for overextending their tanks.
9 Jul 2018, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned

More like remove smoke aka get out of jail free card for all factions...panzer tactician is especially stupid and requires zero skill to (ab)use. People shouldnt just be able to smoke their tank in order to compensate for overextending their tanks.

It's only on a third of the doctrines. And you need to be aggressive with Ost tanks since Ost doesn't have a 60 range TD that can sit back and snipe. Half the time smoke doesn't even save the tank.
10 Jul 2018, 05:53 AM

nice try. But you forgett to say that only ost tanks can do that..with the right doc!

and you forgett to say that the most allie tanks can smoke...even without vet or a doc!
(shermans, chromwell, comet, AEC,...)
10 Jul 2018, 22:04 PM

Yuuuup! usf has more smoke per capita than any other faction. Hell in surprised they didn't just give the Jackson smoke instead of turning it into a no weakness TD like they did, would have at least been in line with faction design...
Even the brit have a fair amount of smoke, a bit expensive for some of it but loooots of smoke there too!
OKW had the puma (much smoke. Eek) or vet poison smoke on Obers. Now they finally have the leig.
Ost and Soviet have a whooping 1 non dog option for smoke...
12 Jul 2018, 13:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jul 2018, 14:59 PMEsxile

The unit is good vs infantry and tank which is kind of selfsufficient.
I have many time fought it with 2 Jacksons and if it keep it frontal armor in between you really need luck or back luck to lose it. And by the way Jackson are 16pop, 32pop to counter the KT making the 26pop argument invalid.

We are almost the same rank in USF 1 v 1 yet have totally different experiences. How strange, when fighting OKW I'm afraid of Luchs, P4 spam, Obers, double-cloaked raketens. If I see a KT I'm laughing my head off and enjoying my free win. One Jackson can easily force the KT into perma-repair status while getting Vet 3 for free.

You can't even say "noob learn to play" cos we're pretty much the same rank.

The only time the player with the KT wins is when it's called in as a "Victory Parade KT" on an Allied player who has clearly lost but is just bleeding out the clock/vps instead of surrendering.
12 Jul 2018, 13:34 PM

We are almost the same rank in USF 1 v 1 yet have totally different experiences. How strange, when fighting OKW I'm afraid of Luchs, P4 spam, Obers, double-cloaked raketens. If I see a KT I'm laughing my head off and enjoying my free win. One Jackson can easily force the KT into perma-repair status while getting Vet 3 for free.

You can't even say "noob learn to play" cos we're pretty much the same rank.

The only time the player with the KT wins is when it's called in as a "Victory Parade KT" on an Allied player who has clearly lost but is just bleeding out the clock/vps instead of surrendering.

And? You're not going to lose your KT vs a Jackson, so smoke launchers are irrelevant. Vs 2 Jacksons, you most likely not going to lose your KT if you keep your front and don't get cocky or bad luck, so here again smoke launchers are irrelevant.
90% of the time I see a KT, the game is also over because I took down his T3 and kill all of his tanks. This doesn't say the KT is a bad unit, it only says that when people finally call it, it is already too late.
Now the remaining 10% of time, the KT is supported by another tank and still have infantry around and that's another story to fight it with at least 32pop of your army dedicated to pure AT.
13 Jul 2018, 11:18 AM

The joke is:

alli TD have easier work against KT than ost and OKW have vs heavy armor like IS2.

jgpz4 bounces a lot..even from side. rakten dies by any hit.
stugs are low range and less life/ armor than the jgpz4.

only pak40, elefant or jgtiger can push back effectivly heavy armor.

13 Jul 2018, 11:57 AM

The joke is:

alli TD have easier work against KT than ost and OKW have vs heavy armor like IS2.

You're not supposed to use stugs or JP4 against IS-2.
They are NOT supposed to engage heavy armor.
That's specifically why panther exists.

Allies have 1 TD to do it all, axis can choose with what they can engage.

Using arguments based on incorrect unit use to counter threats will do exactly zero for your point.
13 Jul 2018, 12:15 PM

oh yeah...its better to choose one of your 3 verhicles (puma, jgpz4, Panther) as u can all the anti armor job with one unit, where the Jackson is the Top of it. Since when is this a advantage? Jackson is king in pushing back and flank slow armor...while jp4 is a slow low penetration plattform with no turrent, puma misses a lot and has loe pene and panther has less range than a allie tds so put a allie tds behind a IS2 and win. Because your guards and penals can walk uo even to one KT, one P4 and obers and can satchel tanks...and you wont have a wipe.

try this with 4model squads from ost.
13 Jul 2018, 12:37 PM

The joke is:

Is2 is problem for u ? lol
13 Jul 2018, 12:38 PM

You firmly believe IS-2 is strong while KT is weak.

That alone screams how bad and detached you are from reality.

IS-2 is in worse state then KT for almost a year, whatever you can do to KT, you can do the same to IS-2.

You're also grasping at straws HARD here, because IS-2 is the ONLY ALLIED VEHICLE IN GAME that is actually armored - and its not even meta for around a year.

You're not going to prove your point by using extremes either.

Again, allied and axis TDs do NOT have the same role nor they are supposed to engage the same targets.

You want to go against IS-2, use panther, if you're not using panther against IS-2, you're terrible and don't understand your very own faction you're fanboying so hard.

Again, read it slowly and multiple times, take as long as it takes to let it sink:

JP4 and StuG are there to counter MEDIUM armor and they do that very well.
Panther is there to counter HEAVY armor and it does it very well.
Allied TDs are supposed to fight BOTH medium AND heavy armor, because allies do NOT have stock super tanks in their end tiers, but they will eventually face them regardless of opponents doctrines.
13 Jul 2018, 12:46 PM

Is2 is problem for u ? lol

Where did i said it? maybe i mean the some best top 20 players, like angreifen?

here u go and look how bad IS2 is and how great KT is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bylm5bZEZ5A
13 Jul 2018, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 12:38 PMKatitof
You firmly believe IS-2 is strong while KT is weak.

That alone screams how bad and detached you are from reality.

IS-2 is in worse state then KT for almost a year, whatever you can do to KT, you can do the same to IS-2.

You're also grasping at straws HARD here, because IS-2 is the ONLY ALLIED VEHICLE IN GAME that is actually armored - and its not even meta for around a year.

You're not going to prove your point by using extremes either.

Again, allied and axis TDs do NOT have the same role nor they are supposed to engage the same targets.

You want to go against IS-2, use panther, if you're not using panther against IS-2, you're terrible and don't understand your very own faction you're fanboying so hard.

Again, read it slowly and multiple times, take as long as it takes to let it sink:

JP4 and StuG are there to counter MEDIUM armor and they do that very well.
Panther is there to counter HEAVY armor and it does it very well.
Allied TDs are supposed to fight BOTH medium AND heavy armor, because allies do NOT have stock super tanks in their end tiers, but they will eventually face them regardless of opponents doctrines.

The problem is the following:

allie infantery is mostly superior. Look at guards or other rifle and IS blobbs. Can walk around and right equiped deal with all targets.
Allie TDs are superior since last patches. German armor was nerfed hard. KT is slow a shit. is expanive as shit. (thats why noone build it last tournements. ot lose it/ repaired it all the game).

penals and guards can walk up against tanks without fear wiping, gurads slows the armor from far range, penals satchels it.
ever played against the new superior ISU? it wipies from 60-70 range units easily.
has the armor to bounce very often AT and TDs shot and can be really fast.(compared to jgtiger)
comes in a doc, where you can callin bombin run on heavy tank and destroy them. with guards, aim target and hiding AT gun.

So safe your ISU with AT and TDs and win easily ...jgtiger is no problem (see guards/penals/ bombing run)
13 Jul 2018, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2018, 11:57 AMKatitof

Allies have 1 TD to do it all, axis can choose with what they can engage.

Allies have a number a great AT option like ISU-152, SU-85, Su-76, T-34/85, M36, M10, Persing, FF AEC and AT weapon in an number of infantry units.

Saying they "have 1 TD for to do it all" is simply not true, misleading and it's also bad design.
13 Jul 2018, 13:25 PM
Donator 33

We don’t need any more get out of jail free smoke launchers in the game, let alone on a high armour unit like KT. That and mega lol to the comments on IS2 being a troublesome tank, it’s anti inf first and foremost and lately picked very infrequently particularly beyond 1v1. Posting one Imperial Dane video to prove IS2 is somehow a meta vehicle is also a fantastic knee slapper as the community spent a couple years fixing his garbage ideas that made it into the games balancing.
13 Jul 2018, 13:30 PM

We don’t need any more get out of jail free smoke launchers in the game

is it only me, or de we read such things only from players who play 97% only allies?
13 Jul 2018, 13:31 PM

tbh i'd rather see less smoke in the game too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★