Login

russian armor

Mapinformation for GCS2

12 Jun 2018, 13:13 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Hey there,
You maybe heard already some rumor about reworked GCS maps. There you go!
Big Thank You to the Mapmakers: Capiqua, MonolithicBacon, Tric and Whiteflash, who helped me to edit the maps and as always: Blame and flame goes to me (Sturmpanther). Now enjoy the read and look:

Important Informations:
This mapchanges will get into automatch between CITADEL and OVERLORD; Means around 2-13 July!
So on the first 2 Cup players will play on the "old- liveversion" maps!

(2) Faymoville Approach
1.FU West.
-Moved green and yellow coverage.
-Moved small house, grove and bushes more back.

2.MU East.
-Moved greens covers and delte bush.

3.MU West.
-Remove yellow cover and add green covers (sandbags).

4.VP West.
-Remove trunk (green cover) and add yellow cover. Now all the objects in the VP are of yellow coverage.
-Remove 1 bush near stonewall.
-Remove small house.

5.Middle.Open.
-Created new entry in the middle for Inf and MGs.

-Cut fence near VP middle

- The house has been moved north a little to make the distance between north and south almost exact too.
- The hole in the stone wall has also been shifted and a few hedgerows added to hide the south fuel house from the VP house.

6.Middle.Red.Road.
-Eliminated red covers of the roads, near the north and south bases.

7.FU East.
- Removed the yellow covertruck.
- added fence

8.North base side
- hole added to stone wall
- hedgerows on corner cut off

- purple marks show where the negative cover ends on the road
- red arrow shows the original route

- Removed a grove and shifted bushes back
- Removed wooden shed to improve pathfinding

Steam (2) Faymoville Approach

(2)/(4) Crossing in the Woods
1.Bunkers bases.
-Move bunkers for do not enter cap circles, if is possible.

2.FU West.
-Move/Swap covers

3.MU West.
-Move/Swap covers

4.South Point.
-Removed green cover

5.VP Middle.
-Create crater
-Swap truck by yellow cover

6.MU East.
-Move yellow cover

7.Road South.
-Move yellow cover

8.Road North.
-Create crater (same 5.VP Middle)
-Swap truck by yellow cover
-Move yellow cover inside circle, to out circle

Steam (4) Crossing in the Woods
Steam (2) Crossing in the Woods

(2) Crossroads

All changes:

Steam (2) Crossroads

(2) Kholodny Ferma
01.FU west
-Remove green covers inside the circle capture

02.Middle VP
- moved the VP more to east side (left side is still small faster to the vp!)
- replaced the PIV
- moved the church more to left side
- replaced the east green cover truck to the church
- removed the small wood shed
- added hedges into it, to make a blind spot for flanks; tho there is a small path, where LV can move through
- cutted a fence near the church
- removed the tree and 1 fence on east side close to the VP
- replaced the 2 trunks
- removed west side from the VP red cover
- removed middle south some hedges

Before:

After:

03.Minimap/Tactical Map
-Changes so that the image of the minimap/tacticalmap appears with more resolution. A black edge appears as a result of this. (Maximize images to see the differences).

Steam (2) Kholodny Ferma
A_E
12 Jun 2018, 13:18 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Great work to Sturmpanther and all involved.

Big thanks for prioritising the GCS2 maps to get all changes out of the way in a fashion that will still positively affect the qualifying tournaments. With ample time for players to adjust, and creating an interesting element to change things up at the half way point after 1st of July. Players now have a month to assess the changes, before they take place.

For those curious this was done with a view to minimising the impact on GCS2 but still benefiting the whole community and the competitive play of the maps. Which while the best 1v1 maps we've got, still needed a few refinements to make them even better.

It was done in as short a time as possible, and there has been a great worth ethic by all involved. So again, thanks!

edit 1:

Important. There will be a GCS2 player vote on the timing of the implementation of these changes please head to your PMs to vote.

Players have the option to vote on when the maps will hit both automatch and the tournaments.

A: Either in the middle of qualifying meaning the last two qualifying tournaments will benefit from the changes, but players have to adapt.

B: Or exactly after, meaning only the live tournament will be on the new iterations.

Please head to your PM to vote.

edit 2:

Player vote concluded:

27 GCS2 players voted to release the maps changes between qualification tournaments 2 and 3.

6 GCS2 players voted to release the map changes after qualification has concluded.

So the window for implementation is now the week beginning the 2nd of June and ending the 6th. Giving a full week to acclimitise to the changes in Live before Qualification Tournament 3.
12 Jun 2018, 13:22 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Sturmpanther listened to my Advise P o g C h a m p
12 Jun 2018, 13:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

There is 1 small bug on crossroads that was pointed out to my by hoolagin that needs to be fixed before crossroads is 100% ready. And I'm not sure how the mappers feel about OnkelSams map being changed without his input..
12 Jun 2018, 14:01 PM

isnt a mid VP on kholodny too much change? it's like it's right next to church, and west player might have problems taking it, altho i know the west player had really easy access to mid VP (the live version) but now it seems like to swapped the things
12 Jun 2018, 14:04 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

isnt a mid VP on kholodny too much change? it's like it's right next to church, and west player might have problems taking it, altho i know the west player had really easy access to mid VP (the live version) but now it seems like to swapped the things

As I wrote: Left side is STILL 6 sec faster to the middle vp. So your "seems like" is wrong here.
And you have 6! cover positions for the left player for a mg for the middle vp :P
12 Jun 2018, 14:05 PM

Didn't play out like that, atleast after tweaking the yellow cover.
12 Jun 2018, 14:10 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Not sure why we mess around with maps in the middle of the qualifaction series. Lots of them seem counter intuitive aswell.
12 Jun 2018, 14:20 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2018, 14:10 PMluvnest
Not sure why we mess around with maps in the middle of the qualifaction series. Lots of them seem counter intuitive aswell.

I knew that some people would think so :P
Thats why i made the changes as small as possible, but still fixing the positions 1. Also now allies have better spot in the cup.( As i heard alot of people think axis will mainly win)

So there is not really much to adapt to the reworked maps. Most are nonbrainer changes or inf/tankpathing improvement.
The only really big change is KFS middle vp. Now maybe we will see some Brit playing on KFS as well, without getting all the time tripple capped.

To make it clear: The maps are not fullbalanced. Because If we had done this, then people had to adapt a lot!
12 Jun 2018, 14:31 PM

It is great to see iteration on maps.
12 Jun 2018, 14:36 PM

These minor map changes were aimed at improving spawn disadvantages for VP distances mainly. Cutoff cover was also tweaked.
12 Jun 2018, 14:43 PM

No one sees a problem with the center VP change on Kholodny? Seems like LEFT could cap the point behind sight blockers before, now they can not.

It is early, I just woke up. And I have flippers for hands and wear a helmet full time.

EDIT: Sorry, I did not mean to kill the buzz. Great work guys!
12 Jun 2018, 15:41 PM
Senior Referee Badge

I've played on 3 of the maps and it are mostly small but really effective good changes, good job sturmpanther and co :thumbsup::wub:
12 Jun 2018, 15:43 PM

Did crossroads lose the 2 extra strat points yet?

And has the muni been moved to be more harrassable?
12 Jun 2018, 16:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2018, 15:43 PMzarok47
Did crossroads lose the 2 extra strat points yet?

And has the muni been moved to be more harrassable?

I think that would be too radical of a change. Also, I dont think its really necessary.
12 Jun 2018, 16:34 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

As are others concerned about Kholodney mid VP, the left side garrison is now near useless to the left side player. It can't cover the VP with an MG, rifle fire still can't reach the church. On the other side of the coin though that house is still detremental to lose as the left side player, with no real benefit of keeping it other than denying.

The VP needed a change, but I'm not sure why that garrison is still there.

I also find the church now potentially incredibly strong for the right player, perticularly with brits due to their ability to destroy cover with sappers and the vet 1 MG.
12 Jun 2018, 16:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

And im also curious about the KFS VP change. Shouldnt the left side house be allowed to watch over the mid vp with an HMG (at least, it doesnt look it would be able to). Or is the intent that the church be the garrison that players fight over to get control of mid vp?
12 Jun 2018, 16:37 PM

The mid building still covers all flanks from mid, probably not the best to just camp like in live, but still useful if you are focusing on keeping flanks to north clear.
12 Jun 2018, 16:40 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

And im also curious about the KFS VP change. Shouldnt the left side house be allowed to watch over the mid vp with an HMG (at least, it doesnt look it would be able to). Or is the intent that the church be the garrison that players fight over to get control of mid vp?

Indeed its intented to have not a nonbrainer free vp for left VP cover with a house+ mg.

Yes the church is now the important building for the middle vp. Both side have the same time to reach it now. See it like on faymonvill the middle vp building.

Best thing is: Get a friend to play with you on the custom map and see how you can flank now the middle :)
12 Jun 2018, 16:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2018, 16:37 PMFLTA
The mid building still covers all flanks from mid, probably not the best to just camp like in live, but still useful if you are focusing on keeping flanks to north clear.

I see what you mean. The movement of the VP is probably also counteracted by the removal of west side red cover, so im sure its probably actually not that bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★