Login

russian armor

Grenadier rifle grenade.

A_E
8 Jun 2018, 10:56 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

By far one of the best features in the game, can be countered with good micro.

Despite recent trends this game is meant to be exciting and have things that kill things in them.
8 Jun 2018, 10:57 AM

Allied nades wipe WM squads much easier since they have smaller squads, yet nobody is complaining about it. What is full retard is this guys' complain.

qft
8 Jun 2018, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 10:56 AMA_E
By far one of the best features in the game, can be countered with good micro.

Things that take no good micro to use and only good micro to avoid should be reserved for units or ability's that you earned and the enemy did not, and are thus being punished for it. Not for a faction that you choose and they didn't.

There is not a good reason I see here for mainline infantry to have a ability to surpass elite infantry ability's of the the same type.

Additionally what your saying is anyone who has ever gotten there squad wiped by a rifle grenade has bad mico? Or is having bad micro that game? Is that right? I don't agree with this.

What youre saying is no one should have a chance to doge something they didn't see coming? The timer is on the unit its going to blow up. It would only be useful if the person who is watching the unit it that is being naded. Only to a person who is paying attention can this change be effective. A person who is microing effectively.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2018, 10:56 AMA_E
Despite recent trends this game is meant to be exciting and have things that kill things in them.

One shot squad wipes are why people get frustrated. And it's not a tank or a big piece of artillery. It's on infantry that you get from the start of the game. Its not behind side tech, or behind vet, you surmounted nothing to get it. You don't have to do anything extra to achieve this ability or to even use it. And no other unit or faction has it. The wiping of squads should be awarded to the person that earns it by micro or resource management.
8 Jun 2018, 17:02 PM

I don't think its a good nerf, the rifle nade is the only thing that makes it somewhat competitive with the USF rifles and IMO is still on the same playing field with most grenades. However weak ones like the Molotov could do with a buff

Infantry is judged by many things, mainly though it's there effective range. Close, medium or long. What you talking about is Grens getting taken at a range they are less effective at. Know that grens from the opening of the game are supported by weapon teams the USF has not access to at the opening moments. They should not be better. They should not be even. Snipers and MG fill this hole you are referencing. They can't be as good and that's the point.

About them being on the same level as other nades in the same category. Categorically having a short timer is a symbol of elite infantry. They have no timer. On some of these elite units the grenade range is increased with vet. So grens are being issued and exaggerated elite unit ability with the range of that unit at vet. This is from the opening of the game, restricted only liner tech. Not even side tech like other grenades for which you are comparing.
8 Jun 2018, 17:19 PM

I only find rifle nade retarded vs allied mgs at times, especially the ones that blob 3 grens, as its extremely easy to get a rifle nade off and wipe allied mg gunner and the rest easily just snipe it down and walk over it. Other than that its pretty easy to avoid, and if your in green cover just stay in it and take the hit 90% of the time you will just take minor hp dmg or maybe lose a model or 2 combo of both. its when you back up out of it a lot of times they will get you. It is a bit gimmicky as there is no possible way you can always be watching every single one of your infantry engagments at once and by the time you hear the sound its just too late.
8 Jun 2018, 18:21 PM

Only issue I have are the buggy sound cues and how easy the animation can be to miss when you're trying to manage multiple situations.
8 Jun 2018, 19:28 PM

Simple way to improve counter play vs. Rifle Grenades

Ask yourself "Is my squad bunched up behind yellow cover" Yes? -> Pay extra attention for Rifle Grenade. No? -> Don't worry so much because it's probably not worth it for OST player to blow munitions to kill a couple of models.

It wouldn't be the worst thing ever if they added something like .9 damage modifier for explosive damage in yellow cover so cover bunching doesn't overly punish you but *shrug* it's not that big of an issue IMO
8 Jun 2018, 19:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rifle grenade wiping allies squads since 2013 :thumb:

Hey at least they removed extended range on vet 2!

Instead of buffing/nerfing, fixing the rifle grenade would be a start.

In a lot of cases, the soldier needs 3-5 seconds to kneel down and fire after the command was given. Also sometimes the fire sound plays way too late which sucks as allies.

This would be the ideal case, but this has been in the game since it's conception. So not sure if someone has the magical solution.
8 Jun 2018, 20:07 PM

This would be the ideal case, but this has been in the game since it's conception. So not sure if someone has the magical solution.

fun fact:

it's faster for the grenadier to fire his rifle grenade (1.5 seconds) than it is for a conscript to throw his molly (1.7 seconds)
8 Jun 2018, 21:03 PM

Well, I just wish they would fix the bugs to the sound and animation as it’s the only indicator. Other than that it’s not all that bad IMO, and I’ve had times where I see the grenade flying through the air without having noticed the animation (due to bugging or me just not paying attention or whatever) and I’m still able to save the squad.
8 Jun 2018, 22:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

fun fact:

it's faster for the grenadier to fire his rifle grenade (1.5 seconds) than it is for a conscript to throw his molly (1.7 seconds)

The actual grenade has way longer flight time. Add atleast a second onto the riflenade, at a minimum.
9 Jun 2018, 08:50 AM

fun fact:

He's talking about the time it takes to start the animation sometimes. It's not always instant for some reason. Same goes for Infiltration Grenades (OKW). Sometimes the models take 3-5 seconds to start the throwing animation.
9 Jun 2018, 17:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

He's talking about the time it takes to start the animation sometimes. It's not always instant for some reason. Same goes for Infiltration Grenades (OKW). Sometimes the models take 3-5 seconds to start the throwing animation.

If they are already doing an animation they will finish it before starting the grenade throw. With grenadiers you can get stuck in a long mg42 reload waiting for the animation to finish before the grenade is shot. This happens with other infantry too, you just wont notice it as much. Tommies with brens do it alot if you bother to tech grenades and double brens. If you use infiltration grenades it's really likely atleast one of the models is in a reload animation.
9 Jun 2018, 17:55 PM

I don't think that it's only down to a previous animation causing a delay.
Check out this video, at 58:18.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tauRbOSQn70

Isn't the delay on the fourth model's throw much longer than it should be? Disregarding the delay because of the reload animation the model still takes 3 seconds from entering 'throwing mode' to actually throwing the grenade, when normally this should take only ~1 second (like the rest of the squad).
9 Jun 2018, 17:59 PM

It has a very long wind up animation, like the molotov. That's its timer.
9 Jun 2018, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2018, 17:59 PMLago
It has a very long wind up animation, like the molotov. That's its timer.

Except that it´s wind up animation often isn´t really visible due to terrain, bugs etc. Which is really the only problem with rifle grenades.

I don´t know about the stats off all the grenades but the USF nades seem a bit too good considering they can be had on all Riflemen + LT/CPT. Especially compared to reworked bunde grenades of Obers, Panzergrenadiere etc.

10 Jun 2018, 02:37 AM

Afaik the wind up time is entirely unskippable.

but the animation might not show up.
10 Jun 2018, 05:05 AM

I agree, the way how rifle nades and most of nades wipe squads is really stupid, on top of that the sound queue sometimes is buggy, It would be nice to have a little timer like some said, like the OKW flamenade.
10 Jun 2018, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2018, 05:05 AMLuciano
I agree, the way how rifle nades and most of nades wipe squads is really stupid, on top of that the sound queue sometimes is buggy, It would be nice to have a little timer like some said, like the OKW flamenade.

Wouldn't this make the rifle nade completly useless ? At the moment riflenade isn't something which needs a lot of micro to doge and if you put an extra timer on it you can basically label it "Satchel but with more range and far less damage"
11 Jun 2018, 01:11 AM

Wouldn't this make the rifle nade completly useless ? At the moment riflenade isn't something which needs a lot of micro to doge and if you put an extra timer on it you can basically label it "Satchel but with more range and far less damage"

Not really, if multiple engagements are happening at the same time and someone rifle nades you, if you retreat 1 second late your squad could be wiped, I think thats really stupid, because that could cause you to lose the game, and only for 30 munitions. I think multiple things could be implemented to change this and still leave the rifle nade useful, like increasing the aoe and increasing the scatter, reducing the price, increasing the aoe and reducing the damage, reducing the price and slightly reducing the range, etc. Apart from the timer idea
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★