Login

russian armor

Advanced Emplacements Commander

27 May 2018, 15:35 PM

Can we finally just get rid of this commander? It's not fun to play against, it forces a truly boring playstyle, and they tried to nerf the autorepair but now brits just build multiple retreat points and it repairs even quicker now

whose dumb idea was it to put a commander like this in the first place? its been nothing but a cancerous commander ever since its induction into the game
27 May 2018, 15:36 PM

It forces you to build a pair of mortars and all of that commander is then shut down completely.
There is a reason why no one ever uses it on above average skill level - it was nerfed out of the game.

What is your struggle?

Post a replay and we will help you.
27 May 2018, 16:30 PM

I agree with Katitof. This commander is just not very good and is pretty easy to counter with mortars or leig (and especially ostheer mortar halftrack). If the player is really going all out with the emplacements then build an artillery piece.

One tip to playing against this commander is to target the forward assembly instead of the actual emplacement. Once you get rid of the repair the emplacement will go down easy.
27 May 2018, 22:58 PM

I think my biggest problem with the commander is that it's a bore to play against. Yea build a few mortars then when their cancer hole is destroyed gg woot fucking woot. Glad I waited in que for that. It's bad design promoting bad play utilizing a bad army trait. Build up so the game plays itself and when it's dead odds are you aren't good enough to out up a fight after losing all those resources.
27 May 2018, 23:12 PM
Donator 11

Its not boring if you finish a game in 5-10 minutes. And you really can against such a bad commander. Especially as brits are doing bad this patch even without counting commanders in.
28 May 2018, 00:00 AM

am I only one who feels double wehr mortar isn't chemotherapy like it used to? Feels I have to lefh this every game now
28 May 2018, 00:49 AM

am I only one who feels double wehr mortar isn't chemotherapy like it used to? Feels I have to lefh this every game now

They have a slower fire rate this patch
28 May 2018, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2018, 00:49 AMVonIvan

They have a slower fire rate this patch

I thought it was meant to be offset by increased barrage frequency.

Doesnt feel like a cost effective counter to simcity right now
29 May 2018, 10:50 AM

emplacements have been nerfed so much that this is not even problem anymore to play against. I use this doc only to create repair posts to my teammates and for precision barrages.
29 May 2018, 11:00 AM

Haven't seen this commander used in ages now. There's a good reason for that.
29 May 2018, 12:36 PM

This is the only doctrine that deserved to get "balanced" out of the game. It´s terrible right now, thank god.
29 May 2018, 12:40 PM

This is the only doctrine that deserved to get "balanced" out of the game. It´s terrible right now, thank god.

Because the one thing the game which no longer gets content updates needs is to get existing content removed from the game - that'll prolong its life sooooo long.

There are only 2 facts left here for this topic:

All doctrines should be valid and balanced choices.
Relic is unable to patch a noob out of you.
29 May 2018, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 12:40 PMKatitof

Because the one thing the game which no longer gets content updates needs is to get existing content removed from the game - that'll prolong its life sooooo long.

This doctrine should have never been put into the game. It kills all fun playing it and makes ppl turn away from the game. So yes soft-removing it out of the game is a good thing.
29 May 2018, 14:11 PM

Not this commander, it makes a bad aspect of this game worse, making brit players do 0 micro while the enemy is bored to death trying to counter it.

This commander is fine for the average smuck who only plays compstomp, but should never have entered automatch.

29 May 2018, 19:12 PM

thats not true, they nerfed advanced cancer and arguably patched the noobs out like that.

a commander that enforces getting the game to play itself isnt a good commander this is an RTS not a tower defense game that commander never should have been a thing let alone as strong as it was.
29 May 2018, 19:21 PM

this commader was over nerfed and is actually useless
29 May 2018, 19:26 PM

thats not true, they nerfed advanced cancer and arguably patched the noobs out like that.

a commander that enforces getting the game to play itself isnt a good commander this is an RTS not a tower defense game that commander never should have been a thing let alone as strong as it was.

While that's true about the nerfs, the noobs who lost to these commanders back then, still are losing to them now.
Noobs are passive and incapable of employing correct counters and target priorities, leading to them losing against literally anything.
Just look at certain players whose name starts with u and ends with u, there is not a single opposing faction unit that would not be insanely overpowered in his eyes.

Reworks can be made and commander can get something that provides utilities for other troops as well, it does not need to directly be buffed, despite both, commander and all emplacements being nerfed to the ground.
29 May 2018, 21:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Stand fast was a stronger option. The old automatic howitzer barrage was really map and spawn position dependent.
29 May 2018, 22:06 PM

Stand fast was a stronger option. The old automatic howitzer barrage was really map and spawn position dependent.
it still is, it does not have infinite range
29 May 2018, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2018, 14:11 PMzarok47

Not this commander, it makes a bad aspect of this game worse, making brit players do 0 micro while the enemy is bored to death trying to counter it.

This commander is fine for the average smuck who only plays compstomp, but should never have entered automatch.

+1

Emplacements without the commander present the exact same problems, just a little less so. They’re just a stupid mechanic that should have been downsized or changed into something else completely. Unfortunate because playing brits without emplacements can be very fun but it’s also not fun to have a gimped tech structure because half of it sucks and is unviable most of the time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★