Login

russian armor

Petition to bring back female partisans in the next patch

20 Apr 2018, 07:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

IIRC they were removed because it did weird stuff when they re crewed weapon teams. Especially because they would switch to all male voice lines.
20 Apr 2018, 07:41 AM

What´s next? Bringing in black women to replace good old Grenadiers? Hell no.

Like Call of Duty WW2 :p:D
20 Apr 2018, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2018, 07:36 AMTobis
IIRC they were removed because it did weird stuff when they re crewed weapon teams. Especially because they would switch to all male voice lines.

Oh I didn't know that. Fair enough then ;p
20 Apr 2018, 09:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2018, 07:36 AMTobis

All male voice lines for female partisans sounds like a feature not a bug to me
20 Apr 2018, 09:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Also Rear Echelons used to be black at some point, you can still find their unused voices. I imagine they were cut for the same reason. Or maybe they thought it was too weird to make the only black troops one of the worst units in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 Apr 2018, 11:13 AM

I mean I understand the idea behind shooting women in war is pretty brutal, but if it was already in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shooting women isn't any more brutal than shooting men. Partisan warfare in general was brutal however. My grandfather told me how Partisans would span metal wire across the road so that bikers would be (and if they were unlucky: almost) decapitated when driving along.

In return Partisans that were caught in the area were strangled with their own metal wire.
20 Apr 2018, 13:48 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Keep COH2 male, white and most of all heterosexual.

Then you couldn't play it yourself, huehuehuehue! KappaPride
20 Apr 2018, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2018, 13:48 PMd0ggY

Then you couldn't play it yourself, huehuehuehue! KappaPride

wow...forget about any future subs from me. i told you our relationship was private. now everyone knows :((
20 Apr 2018, 18:23 PM
Benefactor 115

and most of all heterosexual.

Is that why there are no Göring references?
20 Apr 2018, 19:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2018, 05:10 AMTric
Have you talked to anyone that pushes mods out to get this animation states fixed? Like sturmpanther?

They contacted me after reading this thread :thumb:
20 Apr 2018, 19:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge

wow...forget about any future subs from me. i told you our relationship was private. now everyone knows :((

<444>3
21 Apr 2018, 06:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What if I tell you that if there is no women among partisans then they must be homosexual? :bananadance:

If two partisans fell out over a woman, the standing instruction was to shoot the woman
21 Apr 2018, 09:12 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Imo the more stuff from the game used the better game is. If exist the way to re-introduce them to game without any critical errors - it has got to be done.
21 Apr 2018, 10:11 AM

Imo the more stuff from the game used the better game is. If exist the way to re-introduce them to game without any critical errors - it has got to be done.

:thumb:

If it's really only those 2 bugs that were mentioned earlier... then I think it's not a big deal nor anything critical.

Animation bug if a Land Matress gets captured... well, not only that partisans capturing a matress will be an extremely rare scenario, but as long as you can still use the matress normally everything is fine.

Same for the voicelines if they captured a team weapon.. there simply are no female voicelines for soviet teamweapons so it makes sense, but it's np IMO cuz u can still use the weapon normally
21 Apr 2018, 10:16 AM
Donator 11

:thumb:

If it's really only those 2 bugs that were mentioned earlier... then I think it's not a big deal nor anything critical.

Animation bug if a Land Matress gets captured... well, not only that partisans capturing a matress will be an extremely rare scenario, but as long as you can still use the matress normally everything is fine.

Same for the voicelines if they captured a team weapon.. there simply are no female voicelines for soviet teamweapons so it makes sense, but it's np IMO cuz u can still use the weapon normally

One could make a separate squad out of female partisan models that would have 3 models. That would be enough stop people from capturing weapons.

Otherwise it could be used as a bigger squad, but also distinct from partisans so that you can block recapture on it. It it's going to be good enough people will take it as a ballancing feature.
21 Apr 2018, 15:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Actually there is female sniper voicelines. Maybe it is possible give them to female team weapons, but without "sniper" phrases :D
Like Soviet M4A2 Sherman have gotten neutral voicelines for soviet vehicles.
21 Apr 2018, 15:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2018, 09:17 AMTobis
Also Rear Echelons used to be black at some point, you can still find their unused voices. I imagine they were cut for the same reason. Or maybe they thought it was too weird to make the only black troops one of the worst units in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly these voice lines are better than the normal RE lines
21 Apr 2018, 15:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

If they wanted to get around the voiceline restrictions just make the partisan teams mixed male/female. Wouldn't be a big deal to have the male voices if there's a dude on the crew.
21 Apr 2018, 19:00 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2018, 15:52 PMTobis
If they wanted to get around the voiceline restrictions just make the partisan teams mixed male/female. Wouldn't be a big deal to have the male voices if there's a dude on the crew.

I think it shouldn't be considered that important. You can always merge cons into partisans so they get female voices but are all male. And they also start to use polish lines even though they were russian a second ago. So I guess it's just something we have to live with.

I'm pretty sure eyes were the real problem.
22 Apr 2018, 17:02 PM

And what about women of colour!? Ofc a game forum full of alt-right wehraboo white boy basement dwellers would only want to send white women to die under fascist guns but if you lot can check your privilege, maybe you'll be able to enjoy the full rainbow diversity of REALITY!
#MOREOFUSTHANYOU
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS