Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
21 Apr 2018, 12:06 PM

Some of the changes are really great, others arent.

The Hull down, AT Infantry sections, capping of normal IS and Bren carrier nerfs should all be reverted, having no reason nor justification at all (especially the hulldown and wasp nerfs are ridiculous, since hulldown is basicalyy never used, while wasp already strugles to defeat Vet0 MG in a house), only the Bren fuel cost in excange for manpower makes sense.

Also, the panthers accuracy buff is really needed (Puma should also get one btw), but the Armor for health excange is BS. Right now, it has a well designed role of countering T34s, Shermans and Cromwells, while being countered by TDs. With this change, it just gets better against the TDs that are meant to counter it, while being more vulnerable to spammed mainline tanks, that it was meant to deal with.

Another good change to implement would be, making green covered squads immune to suppression, similarly to garrisons. Now that counters to MGs are nerfed...
29 Apr 2018, 14:27 PM

While I agree with most of the Changes I have some questions about the following fixes :
- Why do the OST Panzerschrecks get buffed
- Why does the OKW starting fuel get reduced
- Why does the Russian Tank Hunter tactics get an B4 gun ?
29 Apr 2018, 14:52 PM

While I agree with most of the Changes I have some questions about the following fixes :
- Why do the OST Panzerschrecks get buffed
- Why does the OKW starting fuel get reduced
- Why does the Russian Tank Hunter tactics get an B4 gun ?

1. I assume because they want to encourage more people to use T2- which isn't happening a lot now.
2. To account for reduced cost of mechanized building.
3. More thematic since B4 has direct fire ability to target tanks
29 Apr 2018, 15:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I don't like the B4 change at all. The unit is an absolute cheese unit like the raketen. It's cheesey to play with and its cheesey to play against. Sometimes it'll miss completely and sometimes it'll delete a panther.
29 Apr 2018, 17:57 PM

Also despite requiring vet and a boat load of munitions (90 if i recall) AND has a tiny arc AND a long aim time IF the stars align and even a huge target like an elefant sits in said tiny arc for the age and a half it takes to aim after you used RNG to attain vet1 AND dumped 90mu on the ability...it can STILL miss.

Oh and of course because of the slow traverse on the unit you would need to KNOW an enemy tank is coming that way anyways to even take the gamble of 90mu and half the game aiming for thw chance to miss.

It needs to be a skill shot not a target ability so players can at least lead targets or at least not miss all the god damned always
29 Apr 2018, 18:30 PM

1. I assume because they want to encourage more people to use T2- which isn't happening a lot now.
2. To account for reduced cost of mechanized building.
3. More thematic since B4 has direct fire ability to target tanks

1. Most of the players who I play with (and me too) are skipping T1 to reach T2 faster sometimes . Imo T2 is essential
3. So the russian tank hunter tactics (which is already strong) gets now an arty which one hit kills panzer 4s ? In my opinion this makes it just even more stronger (too strong if you ask me)
29 Apr 2018, 18:31 PM

I don't like the B4 change at all. The unit is an absolute cheese unit like the raketen. It's cheesey to play with and its cheesey to play against. Sometimes it'll miss completely and sometimes it'll delete a panther.

So like Sturmtiger but with more range ?
29 Apr 2018, 19:28 PM

3. So the russian tank hunter tactics (which is already strong) gets now an arty which one hit kills panzer 4s ? In my opinion this makes it just even more stronger (too strong if you ask me)

Ir it could miss quite literally everything for every single shot for half the price of a t34. Its a garbage RNG cannon for both sides. No body can count on it to hit nor miss. Moving doesnt counter it like it did with precision shot because it might scatter half the map away, its a troll weapon the is now killing another doctrine
29 Apr 2018, 19:33 PM

So like Sturmtiger but with more range ?

yep! :D
30 Apr 2018, 09:19 AM

When is this Patch suppose to come out? Germans are too weak. This patch is necassary.
1 May 2018, 20:10 PM

I fear the OKW Volksgrenadier incendiary grenade being locked behind a tech building can leave them seriously vulnerable in the early game in garrision heavy maps. I would opt for something that at least leaves them with a fair chance.

In line with the apparent wish to make them less powerful against defensive positions early on, I would suggest the following change instead:
  • No tech requirement to unlock incendiary grenades
  • Increase base cost to 35-40 or even 45 munitions. This will leave it as an option to clear a key garrison early on but it wouldn't be spamable. Players will have to choose very carefully when to use it.
  • Decrease cost to 30 munitions once the squad reaches vet1 or vet2. Alternatively the cost reduction could take place once a tech building has been constructed. This way the price increase mentioned above would not have an impact on the mid to late game.

Also to make it easier to balance the Panthers I would suggest splitting them up into A/D model (for OKW) and G model (for WHR) just like the Panzer IV. This way the WEHR Panther can get some small buffs (like skirts at vet0) to make T4 more attractive while OKW's Panther can stay as it is. Higher alpha damage like many have mentioned would probably be a good buff for both of them but it's probably better to wait and see what the current changes will do before adjusting anything else.

I like most of the rest of the changes. Can someone tell me how much more effective the ISG will be with 4 instead of 3 AOE? I don't know what those numbers mean.
1 May 2018, 20:46 PM

I fear the OKW Volksgrenadier incendiary grenade being locked behind a tech building can leave them seriously vulnerable in the early game in garrision heavy maps. I would opt for something that at least leaves them with a fair chance.

Alternatively the cost reduction could take place once a tech building has been constructed. This way the price increase mentioned above would not have an impact on the mid to late game.

Another option would be to go the old Panzerfaust route and unlock Grenades as soon as a SWS Truck is built - that way there is some investment/forethought needed but you don't get punished for going Mechanized and having to wait longer for the fuel to place the truck.
1 May 2018, 20:50 PM

OKW's the faction I'd worry about having an early garrison clearer tool for the least because of the Sturmpioneers.
1 May 2018, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2018, 20:50 PMLago
OKW's the faction I'd worry about having an early garrison clearer tool for the least because of the Sturmpioneers.

How so ? Early maxim or Vickers in a prominent garrison is the biggest headache for OKW since Flak HT sucks vs. Garrison, mechanized takes forever, and ISG doesn't do enough damage. Sturms can't do shit unless it's basic infantry squad in a 1-2 window house.
1 May 2018, 21:39 PM

Could make sturms the go to garrison counter. Buff their STGs against garrisons maybe even make it an upgrade path (make em cheaper to start and start with a different complement of weapons) that reduces target size slightly as well. Make em proper STURMpios. Hell even a building clearing ability with a debuff or something on sturms would be nice...
1 May 2018, 23:15 PM

How so ? Early maxim or Vickers in a prominent garrison is the biggest headache for OKW since Flak HT sucks vs. Garrison, mechanized takes forever, and ISG doesn't do enough damage. Sturms can't do shit unless it's basic infantry squad in a 1-2 window house.

If you have a Flak HT or an ISG you have a truck and you have flame grenades.

If USF can handle it in live I think OKW can survive. I could be wrong but I'm not too worried about this change.
1 May 2018, 23:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 May 2018, 23:15 PMLago

If you have a Flak HT or an ISG you have a truck and you have flame grenades.

If USF can handle it in live I think OKW can survive. I could be wrong but I'm not too worried about this change.

Uh USF mortar t0?
2 May 2018, 00:02 AM

Uh USF mortar t0?

It's not great against garrisons. That'll change in SBP though.
2 May 2018, 00:19 AM

OKW cries for a mortar halftrack of their own. Kind of always have.
3 May 2018, 16:01 PM

leIG18 with a direct shooting ability on engaging infantry would also be nice ^^
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight