Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
2 Jun 2018, 18:49 PM

222 Scout car is way overpowered now. Way too much killing power for it's cost. Lots of n00bs with poor records with other factions are spiking up by car spam.

Builds literally ANY AT at all
Countered

2/3 allied factions can turn any infantry squad they get into an AT platform and the other can convert the most powerful AI squad they can get into an AT squad so if the 222 is hurting your feelings you should maybe try and add AT to your BO.
3 Jun 2018, 17:17 PM

Result of this Patch
UKF need buff in next patch for sure
3 Jun 2018, 17:23 PM

Result of this Patch

God finally. They’re not broken anymore so we can actually do something good with them I hope.

The been cost decrease for minimal accuracy nerfs was kinda a ninja buff imo tho (especially when you stick em on commandos lol).
3 Jun 2018, 18:37 PM

Result of this Patch

No

you still need half of the micro for them you need for every other faction. also their superior housecamping and cover skills still make them piss easy to play and broken
3 Jun 2018, 18:58 PM

222 Scout car is way overpowered now. Way too much killing power for it's cost. Lots of n00bs with poor records with other factions are spiking up by car spam.

LOL.

Both the 222 and the 251 are still made of wet tissue paper, which is still retarded. Good for wasting fuel. That is what they good for.

OST light vehicle play is non existent for the simple reason all it offers are two sluggish vehicles that ain't very good against tanks and ain't good against infantry either, and basically, for all the fuel spent, they still melt to any blob that you come across regularly.

Until these two get proper armor and can actually play a viable role of supporting squishy OST infantry, you might as well remove them.
3 Jun 2018, 19:08 PM

LOL.

Both the 222 and the 251 are still made of wet tissue paper, which is still retarded. Good for wasting fuel. That is what they good for.

OST light vehicle play is non existent for the simple reason all it offers are two sluggish vehicles that ain't very good against tanks and ain't good against infantry either, and basically, for all the fuel spent, they still melt to any blob that you come across regularly.

Until these two get proper armor and can actually play a viable role of supporting squishy OST infantry, you might as well remove them.

New 222's absolutely destroy infantry, vet 3 they are monsters so I'm not sure what you are smoking. (they also gain easy vet from shooting down aircraft)

Result of this Patch

not gonna happen, according to Mr Smith (relics earwig for community balance) UKF are now in a "good place" and in line with other factions. Lets just ignore the fact top players are scared of using them again now their crutch units are gone and they still lack basic tools (indirect fire, snare, building clearance not tied to the Wasp that dies after 5mins)
4 Jun 2018, 20:45 PM

Permanently Banned

not gonna happen, according to Mr Smith (relics earwig for community balance) UKF are now in a "good place" and in line with other factions. Lets just ignore the fact top players are scared of using them again now their crutch units are gone and they still lack basic tools (indirect fire, snare, building clearance not tied to the Wasp that dies after 5mins)

For once I agree with Mr. Smith, its about time the sections were somewhat nerfed. Building clearance ISN'T tied to the wasp. Nade tech is the cheapest for UKF and the nade range is surprisingly far almost like a rifle nade.
4 Jun 2018, 21:08 PM

For once I agree with Mr. Smith, its about time the sections were somewhat nerfed. Building clearance ISN'T tied to the wasp. Nade tech is the cheapest for UKF and the nade range is surprisingly far almost like a rifle nade.

nades are not garrison clearers

you can simply walk in and back out with your gren squad
4 Jun 2018, 21:25 PM

I feel that the UKF needs a total redesign that it is likely never to see this late in the day.

They need a mobile mortar and sections definitely need some looking at.
4 Jun 2018, 21:54 PM

Result of this Patch
maybe this time they will buff the stuff they never use or in area where they lack *gough*art*gough*
4 Jun 2018, 22:23 PM

Permanently Banned

nades are not garrison clearers

you can simply walk in and back out with your gren squad

What are you asking for? Flame grenades are for offensive factions like SU and OKW. And they both have a significant delay and less range than normal grenades. If you want to fight a garrison you need to find your own piece of heavy cover - like all other factions, except the fact that sections excel in heavy cover and will most likely win the engagement. It would be op if Brits had consistent flame nades for attacks as well as the best early game defensive units. If you can't find your own cover, don't engage. Why would you expect to win if your opponent took up a defensive position and your attacking it with defensive units like sections without cover. Or get the wasp if you feel like being aggressive. Go ahead and cry that it's micro intensive. Rewards come with a reasonable amount of risk.
5 Jun 2018, 14:04 PM

Did everyone also suddenly forget that they can also call in 'free' arty that usually completely wrecks garrisons? Not to mention that this arty smoke grenade can be thrown like halfway across the map as well.
5 Jun 2018, 14:09 PM

Have any of you actually tried these things in practice? Because trust me, they're nowhere near as effective as a simple mortar.
5 Jun 2018, 14:48 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2018, 14:09 PMLago
Have any of you actually tried these things in practice? Because trust me, they're nowhere near as effective as a simple mortar.

That's the problem: you want SIMPLE. CoH2 isn't simple. Brits already have it simple. If you want to defend, park a section behind heavy cover and you will win every engagement. Just watch for grenades. Ostheer is a defensive faction yet anything better than some cons can afford to charge grens in heavy cover and win. And sometimes even cons win. So u need an mg to help. 500mp to fight off 240-300mp unit. Do you hear anyone complaining? Factions have unique strengths and weaknesses. If defending is easy, attacking should be harder. Period. U want a mortar? Build one AND ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN DEFENDING IT WHEN ITS BEING ATTACKED INSTEAD OF HITTING BRACE.
5 Jun 2018, 15:08 PM

That's the problem: you want SIMPLE. CoH2 isn't simple. Brits already have it simple. If you want to defend, park a section behind heavy cover and you will win every engagement. Just watch for grenades. Ostheer is a defensive faction yet anything better than some cons can afford to charge grens in heavy cover and win. And sometimes even cons win. So u need an mg to help. 500mp to fight off 240-300mp unit. Do you hear anyone complaining? Factions have unique strengths and weaknesses. If defending is easy, attacking should be harder. Period. U want a mortar? Build one AND ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN DEFENDING IT WHEN ITS BEING ATTACKED INSTEAD OF HITTING BRACE.

Basically all of this is completly wrong. FeelsBadMan

Brits dont autowin behind heavy cover beacause of grenades. They are either getting killed or have to move. Moving= losing infantry fights because Brits have the worst moving accuracy in COH2 plus are bad out of cover. Volks lava nades denies them cover/garrison and then Volks can beat them unless Section has double Bren + 5 man upgrade (so basically only late-game). G43 Grens eat them alive too because they dont lose much DPS closing in. Infantry sections scale very well and are very good if you can manage to double equip them and buy the 5 men upgrade but they aren´t good early game at all because STGs and LMG42s or G43s come earlier than their weapon upgrade and bolster. Plus UKF players typically don´t tech nades until they have a tank out so that´s another big drawback of infantry sections.

Grenadiers cant be charged by any mainline infantry apart from PPSH cons with urra. They will flat out win vs Riflemen, normal Cons and Sections if they can just sit in cover and wait for enemy to get to them. If you don´t believe me I can just show you in cheat mode. You completly underestimate Grenadiers. They are great and super cost effective if played right.

Mortar pit is super hard to defend at the moment. Even top players fail to protect their mortar pits. It´s not a L2P issue. Plus mortar pit is only effective in a specific area, which is a huge drawback. They are just not good at the moment. If you don´t believe it just play UKF and build mortar pits. See how well it goes. From my experience playing 2v2 they are a failure in 90% of cases. No matter if I build them, opponent builds them or my teammate.
5 Jun 2018, 15:10 PM

Did everyone also suddenly forget that they can also call in 'free' arty that usually completely wrecks garrisons? Not to mention that this arty smoke grenade can be thrown like halfway across the map as well.

Whats free about it?
5 Jun 2018, 15:15 PM

U want a mortar? Build one AND ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN DEFENDING IT WHEN ITS BEING ATTACKED INSTEAD OF HITTING BRACE.

That's a no then. Calling the mortar pit UKF's indirect fire tool is like calling the Bofors their light vehicle counter.
5 Jun 2018, 15:58 PM

Whats free about it?

It only takes a handful of munitions, hence the quotation marks. No need to side-tech, no need to build arty. I'd happily pay just 45 munitions to destroy a key garrison all day long.
5 Jun 2018, 16:08 PM

Permanently Banned

Basically all of this is completly wrong. FeelsBadMan

Brits dont autowin behind heavy cover beacause of grenades. They are either getting killed or have to move. Moving= losing infantry fights because Brits have the worst moving accuracy in COH2 plus are bad out of cover. Volks lava nades denies them cover/garrison and then Volks can beat them unless Section has double Bren + 5 man upgrade (so basically only late-game). G43 Grens eat them alive too because they dont lose much DPS closing in. Infantry sections scale very well and are very good if you can manage to double equip them and buy the 5 men upgrade but they aren´t good early game at all because STGs and LMG42s or G43s come earlier than their weapon upgrade and bolster. Plus UKF players typically don´t tech nades until they have a tank out so that´s another big drawback of infantry sections.

Grenadiers cant be charged by any mainline infantry apart from PPSH cons with urra. They will flat out win vs Riflemen, normal Cons and Sections if they can just sit in cover and wait for enemy to get to them. If you don´t believe me I can just show you in cheat mode. You completly underestimate Grenadiers. They are great and super cost effective if played right.

Mortar pit is super hard to defend at the moment. Even top players fail to protect their mortar pits. It´s not a L2P issue. Plus mortar pit is only effective in a specific area, which is a huge drawback. They are just not good at the moment. If you don´t believe it just play UKF and build mortar pits. See how well it goes. From my experience playing 2v2 they are a failure in 90% of cases. No matter if I build them, opponent builds them or my teammate.

Feels bad to even have to talk to you. Riflemen losing to grens? If the grens are behind some sandbags or a wall, you can simply use the other side of the cover and win. Only if the grens are on a one sided green cover, allied inf should not charge. Maybe g43 grens can win but that's doctrinal. You realize that needing to throw grenades requires the infantry to move close and take fire from the section so it's not just the section that needs to move away. Also the axis player needs to spent 30 munis EVERY TIME a section uses the heavy cover while charging a gren squad is free.

I know the pit has been nerfed. It's not the only form of anti-garrison as there are nades, wasp, sniper, pyrotechnic, and some doctrinal stuff. So brits DON'T NEED to get mortars if they don't want to. Brits are too cheap to tech nades? That's their problem. Brit tech is the cheapest and the nade tech is only 10 FUCKING FUEL. Won't make much of a dent on their fuel. Brits aren't that bad outside cover. Sections can still match grens at long range if both don't have cover but grens will win at close range.
5 Jun 2018, 16:12 PM

Permanently Banned

I find that major and pyro arty is very cheap and would cost axis 1) a doctrine 2) 100+ munis. Stuff like railroad and stuka bomb (after the double nerf) are laughable. Pathfinder arty is basically a superior and cheaper version of railroad. The light artillery barrage from mechanized is also a bit underpowered.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS