Login

russian armor

Spring Update - Balance thread

PAGES (23)down
3 May 2018, 16:05 PM

leIG18 with a direct shooting ability on engaging infantry would also be nice ^^

You do realize that isn't coming back, ever?
3 May 2018, 18:23 PM

You do realize that isn't coming back, ever?

Do not see why.
3 May 2018, 18:29 PM

Do not see why.

For the same reason all the other stuff was permanently removed from the game - it does not fit.
3 May 2018, 22:38 PM

For the same reason all the other stuff was permanently removed from the game - it does not fit.

*why bother. Not it doesnt fit.
For the price of it the leig could definitely do multi role (as long as they dont ass it like they did the b4)
Id RATHER it be ~full range AT gun and barrage-a-m'jigger (if the m42 was a mini zis but backwards) to give a lil more to med truck. Could be neat. Will they do it? No because thats making the factions MORE unique and thats not the vibe they are going for. I wish they would just enable mirror matches and call it a day instead of patching the hell out of everything amd making them the same that way...
9 May 2018, 15:25 PM

Dear coh2 moders and comunity,
several thoughts about spring balanace and game overall.
First thing about standartisation of units: like snipers. It can not be allowed by one reason. From the beginning this game had assimetrical design - u can't counter one foe unit with the same as u have. Like ele/jt vs isu152, kt vs is2, sov engies vs pios, etc. The real core of this game is in the tactic.
Now u purpose to us simmetrcal design but only in plus for axis. WTF?
So if u r going to make equal snipers and etc, do the same for armor:
1) ISU dmg vs armor same as JT/Ele.
2) T34-76 dmg sama as p4.
and so on.

Do u get the idea? If u r going to make this game like usualle rts there all units r equal - u r undertakers for this beautiful game.

sry for engl, didnt use gogl translate
9 May 2018, 15:56 PM
Patrion 310

You want a JT and Ele to be able to kill infantry? Or just ISU to be able to kill armour as well as killing infantry.
9 May 2018, 16:14 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Pretty sure he is just talking about heavy TDs and snipers. Although he failed to mention anything about WFA even having a sniper to counter snipers with. And I'd rather not be buffing heavy TDs again.
9 May 2018, 16:24 PM

im talkgig about whole game, not exactly bout snipers. it is about equal units. panters=t34-85=sherman=crmwell in all characteristics and etc

but first,
if they make equal snipers, i wish to have equal heavy armor as soviet.
9 May 2018, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2018, 16:24 PMBiggy
im talkgig about whole game, not exactly bout snipers. it is about equal units. panters=t34-85=sherman=crmwell in all characteristics and etc

but first,
if they make equal snipers, i wish to have equal heavy armor as soviet.

So you want the Isu 152 aoe nerfed to nothing? Seems fair.

Also I'll try to be as polite as possible in saying that the logic you are using to argue balance is stupid.
9 May 2018, 23:23 PM

So you want the Isu 152 aoe nerfed to nothing? Seems fair.

Also I'll try to be as polite as possible in saying that the logic you are using to argue balance is stupid.

He's arguing that making the factions/armies identical is bad.
10 May 2018, 00:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

He's arguing that making the factions/armies identical is bad.
Yep, he's trying to say that would kill the game.
10 May 2018, 06:17 AM

Relic is so stubborn and ridiculous. 2-man soviet sniper teams was a glaring imbalance from launch. Finally they will fix it. All the morons complaining about it are fools and don't have an argument that stands up to scrutiny.
10 May 2018, 06:30 AM

yea and what u can say about supremacy of axis heavy armor that "was a glaring imbalance from launch"
point exactly is in difference. not in identity.
now u wanna ez playnig mode, there all bunuses are for axis, as we see in the list of changes. i dont care about how many snipers r in team. i dont mind if there is 1 sniper.
core of my thoughts is in difference. i dont want isu same as jt, i dont want same snipers. i want difference and tactics, which is born from rock-scissors-paper style. but i see now that it could be stone vs stone, paper vs paper, and scissors vs scissors all the time. it is boring, isnt it?
10 May 2018, 07:01 AM

Relic is so stubborn and ridiculous. 2-man soviet sniper teams was a glaring imbalance from launch. Finally they will fix it. All the morons complaining about it are fools and don't have an argument that stands up to scrutiny.

Snipers are NOT meant to fight each other.
Just like HMGs or TDs aren't meant to fight each other.

Sniper wars is one of the most cancerous COH1 things.

Sniper issues could be equally efficiently solved by changing rec acc.
10 May 2018, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2018, 07:01 AMKatitof

Snipers are NOT meant to fight each other.
Just like HMGs or TDs aren't meant to fight each other.

Sniper wars is one of the most cancerous COH1 things.

Sniper issues could be equally efficiently solved by changing rec acc.

Except the only counters to snipers at high level has always been another sniper.
(ost vs brits, ost vet 1 vs sov sniper and vice versa).
Then we got ele vs su-86, stug vs su-76, firefly vs stug's/jp4 and more.
So that is plain wrong.

Sov sniper at 2 man is RNG infested frustration that dies to mortar but survives infantry. It should be the other way around which is going to be achieved with the upcoming change.

10 May 2018, 09:46 AM

I wonder if we should ask for nerf Grenadiers to 3 man squad after next couple times they successfully retreat losing only 3 out of 4 members from my ub3r pr0 $ki11fu1 flanking manuver with some Cons squads? Too durable! They should've lost all 4 members to muh skillz! Frustrating RNG!

How can this even be argument for such change?

One model or two matters only in countersniping - everything else may be tuned by rec acc modifier.
Playing as Wehrmacht I wouldn't be really happy to face one model Soviet Sniper with camouflage improved to Wehrmacht's level and buffed rate of fire.
10 May 2018, 10:09 AM

ElSlayer, Im a mostly wehrmacht player in 2v2 <100 rank and im really happy soviet sniper will have only 1 model in future. Bad english, sorry. :)
Not
10 May 2018, 10:11 AM

I wonder if we should ask for nerf Grenadiers to 3 man squad after next couple times they successfully retreat losing only 3 out of 4 members from my ub3r pr0 $ki11fu1 flanking manuver with some Cons squads? Too durable! They should've lost all 4 members to muh skillz! Frustrating RNG!

How can this even be argument for such change?

One model or two matters only in countersniping - everything else may be tuned by rec acc modifier.
Playing as Wehrmacht I wouldn't be really happy to face one model Soviet Sniper with camouflage improved to Wehrmacht's level and buffed rate of fire.
Can we please buff cons. They are really shit right now. And weapon upgrades only with doctrine
10 May 2018, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2018, 10:09 AMcyso
ElSlayer, Im a mostly wehrmacht player in 2v2 <100 rank and im really happy soviet sniper will have only 1 model in future. Bad english, sorry. :)

I'm mostly Soviet player in 4v4, I'm really happy that Soviet Sniper will be immune to mortar wipes, will have better camo and increased rate of fire (bye-bye 4-man squads).

I'm also really unhappy because I play Wehrmacht too and this change in some way forces me to answer to Soviet Sniper with my own. And I hate to participate in sniper vs sniper fight as much as I hate to watch it in tournaments.
10 May 2018, 11:58 AM

I'm also really unhappy because I play Wehrmacht too and this change in some way forces me to answer to Soviet Sniper with my own.

But you can answer in future. At the moment sov sniper is a frontline unit u can't kill without a hail to the rng mortar god.
PAGES (23)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS