Login

russian armor

Possible map 1v1 removal

24 Mar 2018, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned

The amount of vetoes are code attached to the amount of maps.

So there will be no way. We have no CM and do you think that Relic has the manpower atm to change the code/programm of coh2?

So to add vetos need code/programm of coh2, its so hard ? If its so hard, ye, to fix problem or make it more lethai better remove maps. But you know, even when relic patch the game, liek few years ago, thay dont add vetos and try change maps ).
But here need chose rights, what map remove, coz few players will be choose of map, that all player use and i dont like it, same guys test balance/maps and talk how good he are. I whanna some responsibility from users who choose. Some like big girls, some like little, its just case of style, maybe one dont like house in the mid but another like it, who are right ?
I dont know what relic have, coz thay dont talk with me, thay dont talk at forums with peoples, i think relic head are like Homer Simpson head :p .
24 Mar 2018, 18:27 PM

To the 'add more vetoes' people.

Its impossible to change the amount of vetoes you get without adding more maps. If you have x amount of maps it gives you x amount of vetoes and there is no flexibility to that and no way to change it.

Also do people really hate Lost Glider that much? Worse than Westwall? Probably the most fixable map in rotation right now
24 Mar 2018, 22:04 PM

Westwall worst map imo. The cutoff placement is ridiculous.
24 Mar 2018, 22:14 PM

These are the maps I'd love to see removed from the 1v1 pool

1) Minsk pocket
2) Westwall
3) Semoskiy Summer
24 Mar 2018, 22:22 PM
Donator 11

The amount of vetoes are code attached to the amount of maps.

So there will be no way. We have no CM and do you think that Relic has the manpower atm to change the code/programm of coh2?

Even if they had manpower to do that, they shouldn't change that. Most people don't realise that having too many vetoes for said amount of maps can make matchmaker completely disfunctional.

That said, there is a way to add vetoes to the game: incorporate more maps into the map pool. There is only so many maps somebody can actually dislike and I think that everybody who really would like to veto half of them is simply misusing the veto mechanic. It is supposed to be a possibility to remove a few maps that you really cant learn, not a way to let player use the same build every game, forgetting about the differences between maps.

In my mind, if a map requires a specific strategy that would be a non-meta on other map, then it is a good map, designed with strategical variety in mind.
24 Mar 2018, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2018, 01:38 AMLago

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280143624

*runs away*

if you could remove 5 maps and replace them with these 5 im pretty sure wed have a great map pool.

Too bad it seems like we cant ):
25 Mar 2018, 02:42 AM

if you could remove 5 maps and replace them with these 5 im pretty sure wed have a great map pool.

^ This man is a genius! He wins the internet! Get rid of the top 3 selected maps and replace with any of these. Seriously. This is a no brainer.

So vote on this thread. Then vote on this thread . Mission accomplished.
25 Mar 2018, 02:44 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

2-3 of these maps are worthy. 2 because of one of the threes atmosphere being to hard on the toasters many play on. 1 of them is hated because its too small, despite being symmetrical and designed around faymonville and the other despite being the favorite of testers hasn't been played once in the tourney, so it is hard to say. So no.

The other problem is then updating them, which hasn't been done once correctly in the last 3ish or so years of putting maps in, since there is always some unforseen issue with a map or some kind of abuse that was overlooked or not seen.

Another problem is the community, and testing the maps properly or even at all.

So no, I really don't have interest in doing this, or asking about it.

This is of course, assuming you aren't trolling and were serious.

However, I will continue to make maps for my friends and run tourneys, there is more coming soon. Just have to get it setup and gauge interest in it.

25 Mar 2018, 02:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 02:44 AMTric
2-3 of these maps are worthy. 2 because of one of the threes atmosphere being to hard on the toasters many play on.

In only takes a minute to turn off rain or snow and instantly have good playable maps. Except maybe revert that one back to only a single cutoff B-)
25 Mar 2018, 03:04 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 02:51 AMRosbone

In only takes a minute to turn off rain or snow and instantly have good playable maps. Except maybe revert that one back to only a single cutoff B-)

I know, but that was the entire point for the map with Talisman. If it got to a point where Relic wanted maps added and supported it properly (which we know they wont, not only cause they can't but because they also never have) then it would be up to Talisman to change it as it is his map. I just helped him make it.
25 Mar 2018, 03:05 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Yeah, I know about these, but I'm pretty sure that author said he doesn't want to give them to devs for automatch use. Still, it would be great if we could add these instead of trying to remove existing ones.

That is correct. For many reasons I don't want them to be used, BUT if the community and Relic wanted it sure. However I have no interest in pursuing that or asking for it to happen.
25 Mar 2018, 03:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 02:44 AMTric

So no, I really don't have interest in doing this, or asking about it.

This is of course, assuming you aren't trolling and were serious.

However, I will continue to make maps for my friends and run tourneys, there is more coming soon. Just have to get it setup and gauge interest in it.

I was being serious, I actually think these maps are, on the most part, well done.

Its unfortunate for sure as I do think you are a great map maker, also Ill be looking out for those tourneys!
25 Mar 2018, 08:56 AM

Also do people really hate Lost Glider that much? Worse than Westwall? Probably the most fixable map in rotation right now

How?
25 Mar 2018, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 08:56 AMzarok47

How?

There about a million things you can remove/change, theres like 50 individual bits of green cover in mid that dont need to be there, a giant wall, cutoff houses, a spawn biased church, weird ass muni points, a million sightblockers on the right and left vp.
25 Mar 2018, 14:46 PM

There about a million things you can remove/change, theres like 50 individual bits of green cover in mid that dont need to be there, a giant wall, cutoff houses, a spawn biased church, weird ass muni points, a million sightblockers on the right and left vp.

That isn't easy to fix.
It's the opposite of easy to fix.
25 Mar 2018, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Mar 2018, 14:46 PMzarok47

That isn't easy to fix.
It's the opposite of easy to fix.

It's the most straightforward one to fix, its just overcrowded. Removing clutter isn't exactly a hard job compared to trying to fix shit like semois
25 Mar 2018, 18:06 PM

Permanently Banned
The dangers of having too many vetoes are that people just want to play on a few maps where they practice "cheese" strategies and tailor their doctrines and build orders to them.
25 Mar 2018, 22:34 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Westwall worst map imo. The cutoff placement is ridiculous.

That is the kind of feedback a mapper need to enforce the map quality...
I said it all the time: Post feedback for a map. Those useless comments wont help to make any map better. Use the threads here or at steam (steam workshop) to post your problems and ideas...
Thx.
25 Mar 2018, 23:10 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

That is the kind of feedback a mapper need to enforce the map quality...
I said it all the time: Post feedback for a map. Those useless comments wont help to make any map better. Use the threads here or at steam (steam workshop) to post your problems and ideas...
Thx.

You and I both know this won't happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight