Login

russian armor

The tech cost for LMG, rifle-grenades and bundle grenades.

16 Mar 2018, 17:42 PM

The aim of this thread is to clarify so issues regarding Ostheer tech a subject that come up in other threads.

Contrary to what some people claim Ostheer Lmg, P.Faust, Bundles grenades and Rifle grenades have an actual tech cost since a player needs to invest their resources in order gain access to these items.

The requirement are:
P. Faust
the existence of T1 or T2 building

LMG 42
Grenadiers research BP1
Osttruppen research of BP3

Bundle grenades
Research BP1

Model 24 stielgranate grenade assault
Research BP1

Rifle-grenades
Research BP1

(edited to add more information for the purpose of this thread.)
16 Mar 2018, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 17:42 PMVipper
Contrary to what some people claim Ostheer Lmg, P.Faust, Bundles grenades and Rifle grenades have an actual tech cost since a player needs to invest his resources in order gain access to these items.

The requirement are:
P. Faust

LMG 42
Grenadiers research BP1

Bundle grenades
Research BP1

Rifle-grenades
Research BP1

I honestly don't get this topic?

I think you'd be better served by looking up the information on the guides:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/categories

They're better presented there, and more readable. I am sure you can request an update on them, if the information is wrong.
16 Mar 2018, 17:50 PM

I honestly don't get this topic?

I think you'd be better served by looking up the information on the guides:

Or requesting an update on them, if the information is wrong.

Well if do not get it I can not help you. That for visiting thou. Bye bye now
16 Mar 2018, 17:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 17:50 PMVipper

Thanks (?) for refusing to clarify what this thread is about. :loco:

I really think you'd be better served by looking up the information on the guides - a lot of work has been put into them and they're more readable - you can always ask the authors to update them if they are incorrect.

16 Mar 2018, 17:53 PM

listen Katitof is a troll, you shouldn't open new threads just because of the nonsense he sprouts on other threads
16 Mar 2018, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 17:42 PMVipper
The aim of this thread is to clarify so issues regarding Ostheer tech a subject that come up in other threads.

Contrary to what some people claim Ostheer Lmg, P.Faust, Bundles grenades and Rifle grenades have an actual tech cost since a player needs to invest their resources in order gain access to these items.

The requirement are:
P. Faust

LMG 42
Grenadiers research BP1

Bundle grenades
Research BP1

Rifle-grenades
Research BP1

(edited to add more information for the purpose of this thread.)

There is not anymore tech cost for those upgrades, I know it butthurt you to admit it but it is like that... Battle phase upgrades act more as timers to slow down Oshteer's access to their upgrades.
16 Mar 2018, 20:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 20:10 PMEsxile

There is not anymore tech cost for those upgrades, I know it butthurt you to admit it but it is like that... Battle phase upgrades act more as timers to slow down Oshteer's access to their upgrades.
what are they free now ?
16 Mar 2018, 20:26 PM

what are they free now ?

Let you compare the cost of teching for each faction. In fact, it the opposite, USF or SOV faction pay more for their upgrades.

To be clear, I'm not negative about it. USF get free squad with its T1 and T2, Ostheer get free upgrades this is how the game is made today.

The problem with that is only on Vipper head, that's against his process of victimization of his beloved faction.
16 Mar 2018, 20:36 PM

what are they free now ?

His point was that you will fullfill the requirements at some points as a side product of teching up, and the tech-up requirement only serving as a time delay and not as a direct "purchase" of the abilities.

Ever considered that he has a point? Your post really didnt indicate well what your point was.

This really isnt a "issue" that affects WM very much, especially considering that often times the building where you can train units also serves as the "unlocker" for the abilities of said units. Other factions have to research them directly via upgrades, or get them later than WM does.
WM is facing quite a few problems, but i really dont think that this can be considered one of them.
Donator 11

You have to decide. Either the upgrade is not free and ostheer has much cheaper tech than any other faction, or the upgrades are free and ostheer tech cost is in line with the others. You can't claim worse of both is true.
Senior Moderator Badge

I haven't read the flow of the discussion if it appear on another thread, but you are just trying to argue about something which is pointless in the mind on 90% of the playerbase (the other 9% been fanboys and i leave the other 1% free).

When people say it's free, it's due to the nature on the design of Ostheer teching. There's no CHOICE on not getting BP1 as you can't play with only T1. BP were meant

I'll compare it to USF "FREE" LT, CPT or Major squads. No one says USF is paying for those squads because they are paying to unlock them with their tier.

If getting T2, T3 or T4 was free from requiring BP, sure, BP would serve as sidegrades. Maybe someone who participated on pre-alpha might have some insight on it.
16 Mar 2018, 20:40 PM

If getting T2, T3 or T4 was free from requiring BP, sure, BP would serve as sidegrades. Maybe someone who participated on pre-alpha might have some insight on it.

Exactly, one could argue that WM T1 cost is divided in two part, 100/10 fuel for the building and access to all units in it and 200/40 fuel to complete it.
17 Mar 2018, 10:27 AM

One can choose to call the things that come with Ostheer tech as "free" but then one has to also call the things that come to other faction with tech also as "free".

On could claim that the cost of Ostheer teching is divided to the things it unlocks.

What one can not claim is that bundle grenades do not have an actual cost, if one wants access to bundle grenades one has to invest to tech and thus bundle grenades have an actual tech cost.

The claim that Otheer get more things with tech unlock is also inaccurate.
For instance UKF get more things unlocked with their tech like:

Pyrotechnics (1 25p) is unlocked with PCP
Medical supplies is unlocked with PCP
Mortar pit is unlocked with PCP
Wasp is unlocked with PCP
Second 25p is unlocked with CCP
FRP is unlocked with CCP
17P is unlocked with CCP
Gammon bomb is unlocked with Hammer
Emergency war speed is unlocked with Hammer
Track vehicle is unlocked with Hammer
Heavy engineers is unlocked with anvil
Airbust shell is unlocked with anvil
Advance warning is unlocked with anvil

(edited some words since some people seem to have trouble understanding them)
17 Mar 2018, 11:33 AM

Vast majority of the stuff you mentioned ARE upgrades, even upgrades that prevent you from getting alternatives.

You are trying waaaaaay to hard to prove a point that does not exist there, just to perceive yourself as correct.

Guess what, you are not.

Anvil and hammer ARE exclusive upgrade bundles to UKF T3, NOT a tech.

Mortar pit and 17 pounder are no different then any other unit you get access to with tech.
17 Mar 2018, 12:09 PM

If one wants to argue semantic in this thread using his own terms as he see fit, I would advice him to define those terms his using so others can follow his arguments.

Unless someone simply likes to troll all the time.
17 Mar 2018, 12:11 PM

Thank you, but I'll stick to actual balance and in game application of units.

Not going to even try to contest rank 1 lexicon warrior.
You're naming stuff exclusively when and how it suits you, constantly making exceptions and your very own rules, just to shove your point of view down everyones throat.

You are now pretending that upgrades are not upgrades and tech unlocks are upgrades, just because it suits your argument - its completely irrelevant for you that its incorrect as long as you can use pretty words and apply definitions exclusively made up and used by you.

Now, go compare the costs of unlocking medium tank production for ALL factions as the teching is balanced to allow very similar timing of them if you go straight for one.
Then add side upgrades costs for applicable factions(all 3 allied factions+OKW).

Your pretty theory will collapse like a house of cards near a cat.
17 Mar 2018, 12:59 PM

Lets try to get at least somethings straight here:
I have not made any theories. All theories come from user katitof, like the one claiming that hammer and Anvil is not a tech or the one claiming bundle grenades do not have an actual cost.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2018, 11:33 AMKatitof
Vast majority of the stuff you mentioned ARE upgrades, even upgrades that prevent you from getting alternatives.

Anvil and hammer ARE exclusive upgrade bundles to UKF T3, NOT a tech.

Mortar pit and 17 pounder are no different then any other unit you get access to with tech.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 17:25 PMKatitof

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2018, 17:17 PMVipper

Pls do not use the quote button if what you are going to write is totally irrelevant to what you are quoting.

The point remains BP 1 research is required for access to bundle grenades.

BP1 is a way to set the timing of them, not an actual cost of getting them as that is not a separate upgrade, but a regular tech progression.

I feel the need to repeat it, because I do not have the feeling that you're capable of comprehending that after mentioning it only once.

You seem to be stuck in a misplaced conviction that ost tech is anymore expensive then other factions tech due to upgrades that are side upgrades for others being rolled into it - that is frankly, not true.

I have simply pointed that fact the bundle grenades need BP1.

I have also pointed out in this thread that, if one wants access to bundle grenades one has to invest to tech.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2018, 11:33 AMKatitof

You are trying waaaaaay to hard to prove a point that does not exist there, just to perceive yourself as correct.

Guess what, you are not.

User katitof here seem to be talking to a mirror.

You still have to take into account what the tech gives you. Allies just get specific abilities or weapons for specific units.

You say you will need to tech for it regardless if you use all it unlocks. The fact remains that ost and okw tech unlock more then allied regular tech. Like tech structures new ablilities upgrades and units.

You cannot simply add the total price and say, ha grens and volks are more expensive fuel wise while half of the tech costs grant other things then upgrades and abilities. Unlike allied side tech.

I have also answered this claim that Ostheer unlocks more things and demonstrated how UKF tech unlocks more things.

I leave insults, theory crafting and the obsession to be proven right to user Katitof.

17 Mar 2018, 14:24 PM

To be honest, you're arguing for the sake of being right (using most obscure English that appears to intend to confuse ) for something that is already clearly explained correctly in the guides, which links I posted above.
17 Mar 2018, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2018, 12:59 PMVipper

I leave insults, theory crafting and the obsession to be proven right to user Katitof.

Well that's not Katikof who's making a thread of anything because you say something he didn't like.
18 Mar 2018, 05:56 AM

Jesus man, arguing "semantics" indeed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight