Login

russian armor

About Jacksons

PAGES (14)down
6 Mar 2018, 19:18 PM

Btw i am not here to argu with someone i am here to talk about balance and i seen sometimes at long range USF AT gun normal rounds bounce throw a stug cuz normal AT sheels from the american AT is 150/135/115
57mm ATG

Developer Comments: In order to bring the 57mm AT Gun in line with other AT Guns from other factions in the same Tier, we have increased the base penetration to improve performance when not using AP rounds. Take Aim shifted to a timed ability to reflect its power. Accuracy changed to match other anti-tank guns.

Penetration from 140/125/115 to 150/140/130
Take Aim! now a timed ability. 20 seconds, 60 second recharge.
Accuracy changed from 0.05/0.0425/0.03 to 0.055/0.05/0.04
about 90 % chance now at max range so i say it counter it (and u can buff it's pen too)
6 Mar 2018, 19:23 PM

57mm ATG

Developer Comments: In order to bring the 57mm AT Gun in line with other AT Guns from other factions in the same Tier, we have increased the base penetration to improve performance when not using AP rounds. Take Aim shifted to a timed ability to reflect its power. Accuracy changed to match other anti-tank guns.

Penetration from 140/125/115 to 150/140/130
Take Aim! now a timed ability. 20 seconds, 60 second recharge.
Accuracy changed from 0.05/0.0425/0.03 to 0.055/0.05/0.04
about 90 % chance now at max range so i say it counter it (and u can buff it's pen too)
Yeah i forgot that its pen got buff in mid and long range got buffed too but think about it this way if you pinn riflemen cuz you know riflemen dont have smoke anymore and get like 2 stugs keep jacksons at bay now you will tell me how put your grens in front and an mg supporting them and 2 stugs comming and quicly take down jacksons cuz jacksons wont have sight due to pinned riflemen
6 Mar 2018, 19:33 PM

Uh, pinned units still give sight.
6 Mar 2018, 19:34 PM

Yeah i forgot that its pen got buff in mid and long range got buffed too but think about it this way if you pinn riflemen cuz you know riflemen dont have smoke anymore and get like 2 stugs keep jacksons at bay now you will tell me how put your grens in front and an mg supporting them and 2 stugs comming and quicly take down jacksons cuz jacksons wont have sight due to pinned riflemen
again if we count other units where is your mortar and ur mg/at gun ? green + mg +2 stug > jackson and 1 rifle (mp and fuel by a lot)
6 Mar 2018, 19:37 PM

again if we count other units where is your mortar and ur mg/at gun ? green + mg +2 stug > jackson and 1 rifle (mp and fuel by a lot)
i mean if as OST i dont find mortar really useful cuz USF dont have early mg so no use of smoke or its HE sheels most of the times you can use also panzer faust instead of pak
6 Mar 2018, 19:41 PM

i mean if as OST i dont find mortar really useful cuz USF dont have early mg so no use of smoke or its HE sheels most of the times you can use also panzer faust instead of pak
no i mean if the opponent has 2 stug 1 green and an mg u should heave equal amount of units,so 1 jackson 1 rifle and around 500 more mp and some fuel to spare, so where is your mortar to smoke mg and ur at gun/mg to counter his stug/mg42+green ?
6 Mar 2018, 19:45 PM

no i mean if the opponent has 2 stug 1 green and an mg u should heave equal amount of units,so 1 jackson 1 rifle and around 500 more mp and some fuel to spare, so where is your mortar to smoke mg and ur at gun/mg to counter his stug/mg42+green ?
i mean USF mortar really makes USF playstule not that aggresive cuz you cant have a third riflemen so you must go riflemen riflemen mortar and if he smokes you then replace your mg immediately and put it behind good cover remember that USF mortar HE sheels have really bad range
6 Mar 2018, 19:49 PM

i mean USF mortar really makes USF playstule not that aggresive cuz you cant have a third riflemen so you must go riflemen riflemen mortar and if he smokes you then replace your mg immediately and put it behind good cover remember that USF mortar HE sheels have really bad range
ok but what are we talking about ? u wrote a situation i responded how to deal with it, build order here make no sense
6 Mar 2018, 19:52 PM

ok but what are we talking about ? u wrote a situation i responded how to deal with it, build order here make no sense
as OST go 1 mg 3 grenadiers sniper and then get stugs if the enemy has armor if not get p4 to help you vs infrantry and btw please man lets forget all this and dont hate like i said i only like to help people not to get in any trouble
6 Mar 2018, 19:52 PM

and USF to counter you needs mortars riflemen with bars and E8s supporting or regural shermans HE sheels
6 Mar 2018, 20:09 PM

btw stug got mg range buff and what else?
6 Mar 2018, 20:17 PM

btw stug got mg range buff and what else?
cost more https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p5
6 Mar 2018, 23:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

First here https://languagetool.org/
second p4 Reload duration
5.3 - 5.7
jackson reload 4.375/4.975;
p4 speed 6.3 acc 2.1
jack speed 6.5 acc 3
and jackson get 0.75 moving accuracy and has enough armor to bounce p4 shot (115 pen vs jackson armor 130), so no p4 is not the counter to jackson
the only somewhat counter right now is the jagdp4 but it still can't chase it and still miss it on the move

Something that people forget when mentioning reload, is that it's not the only factor in RoF. Jackson with PV n Su76 (can't remember if any other tank) have wind up/down.

This is the current RoF:

FF: 8.25s
OKW PV: 7.5s (wind)
OH PV: 6.65 (wind)
Jackson: 6.55 (wind)
Su85: 5.65
JPIV: 5
Su76: 4.275 (wind)
Stug: 4.25
7 Mar 2018, 06:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2018, 16:23 PMVipper

Unless you least all changes in your suggestion from the current live with an estimation of values it is hard to comment on the suggestion.

It would be rather hard to balance a kiter unit that is faster then most axis counters.

hp down to 480 (3 shots)

native sight to 45 + 5 at vet 2.

rotation to 32 (same as panzer4)

get smoke by default.

gun remain the same.

Something that people forget when mentioning reload, is that it's not the only factor in RoF. Jackson with PV n Su76 (can't remember if any other tank) have wind up/down.

This is the current RoF:

there's also the fire aim time but they are usually all identical at .125
7 Mar 2018, 11:31 AM

hp down to 480 (3 shots)

native sight to 45 + 5 at vet 2.

rotation to 32 (same as panzer4)

get smoke by default.

gun remain the same.

So you are proposing a unit with self spot, self repair, great mobility, good accuracy/penetration at long range and on the move and smoke with low HP.

What in your opinion would be proper Ostheer and OKW counter that vehicle?
7 Mar 2018, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Mar 2018, 11:31 AMVipper

So you are proposing a unit with self spot, self repair, great mobility, good accuracy/penetration at long range and on the move and smoke with low HP.

What in your opinion would be proper Ostheer and OKW counter that vehicle?

like he said: stpio with schrecks and puppchen. He think a USF doesnt move his jackson when infntery attack...or so...
7 Mar 2018, 16:55 PM

Dives against Jacksons are also risky because if you miss a few shots the Jackson might very well chase you on retreat with its good speed. I'd go as far and say even mirroring its stats with a Firefly which has clear disadvantages might be more beneficial to the gameplay than the current Jackson meta.

- Firefly has tulip rockets with stun.
- Firefly has tank commander upgrade.
- Firefly has Command Tank synergy.
- Firefly is flanked with fast Cromwells who have better AT than sherman 75s
- Firefly has better armor than Jackson.
- Firefly has AT stun Sniper synergy

Sure. You can mirror the stats of the Firefly if you also mirror stats every benefit that
UK has.

- If you simply copy the Firefly slow speed and slow reload coupled with the large lack of AP
from it's fellow Shermans, then you not only have weak USF, you have neutered USF. And massed
Axis heavies now have no counter.

Would YOU play USF with no AT in 4vs4 vs 4x king tigers?
Also, Jackson went from 125 fu and 12 pop to 140 fu and 14 pop
325 manp (?) to 400 manp.

it has no AI. It has no HE. It has weak armor. If it loses speed and maneuvrability and ROF
would you buy it?

It's damage already just went down from 200 to 160.
And you propose further nerfs?

* Some have proposed giving the Jackson Puma mirror stats (but keeping Jackson price) would this
please you?

"I understand this game is rock paper scissors, but, I really really love scissors. And my
enjoyment would be increased if you removed rocks. Rocks suck when you love scissors".

7 Mar 2018, 17:27 PM

Also, Jackson went from 125 fu and 12 pop to 140 fu and 14 pop
325 manp (?) to 400 manp.

350 MP to 400 MP.
Just wanted to give you the actual numbers, because why would anyone complain that a Tank Destroyer is actually doing it's job is beyond me, specially since it was a meme unit with 200 Penetration at max range, the only range it could be used without it spontaneously combusting because it had barely more HP and Armor than a light vehicle.
7 Mar 2018, 17:40 PM

350 MP to 400 MP.
Just wanted to give you the actual numbers, because why would anyone complain that a Tank Destroyer is actually doing it's job is beyond me, specially since it was a meme unit with 200 Penetration at max range, the only range it could be used without it spontaneously combusting because it had barely more HP and Armor than a light vehicle.

My bad. Thank you for correcting me.

- This amount of complaining is absurd.

X unit which is more expensive is stronger than my Y units which are cheaper.
- Rock counters my scissors. Nerf scissors plz.

And so forth.

How do we make everyone happy without resorting to mirror stay everything?
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak