Login

russian armor

Ostheer in a Nutshell

20 Feb 2018, 03:46 AM

This right here is everything wrong with Ostheer, and everything that's been wrong with Ostheer since forever.

Instantly lose the first model at the start of any engagement, lose viable damage after losing a single model, have only worthless <1.0 received accuracy to compensate for lack of a fifth model, and can't recrew anything, ever, unless at full models and full health (the latter because the moment you recrew something at low health and get shot a single time, you've just lost the original unit that was left with a barely living single model).

There is no situation where the four-model squads are an advantage. They are a disadvantage in every imaginable way, from combat with other infantry, to indirect fire casualties, to chasing tanks, and of course, to recrewing and other such utilitarian activities.

All the while, Allied factions have UNWIPEABLE infantry because the damage sharing between five models is so insane that they consistently lose 3/4 health while STILL retaining all five models, then retreat and don't even lose a single model on the run.

To this day, it boggles the mind how three factions could've been added to the game, two with inherently superior five-man baseline squads and another with strictly better four-man squads (which can be turned into five-man squads, because why not pour salt on that wound?) that win against Ostheer squads even out of cover and thus without their damage bonuses, while Ostheer was allowed to remain in this sorry state.

And as if all that isn't enough, the UI indicators also show incorrect info and completely screw you over (in the screenshot, I lost a three-man Pioneer squad upgraded with Flammenwerfer because the HMG on the ground showed that it'd take two to recrew).

What an utter farce...
MMX
20 Feb 2018, 07:11 AM

i mean i can kind of see your point but, man, can you maybe tone it down a notch? your posts are so full of hubris and exaggeration that it is really hard to take you seriously.

but on topic... as others suggested in another thread before, maybe a 5th man upgrade for pioneers available at bp3 might be worth giving a thought. this would alleviate the problem of reinforcing team weapons a bit and, at the same time, boost ostheers repair speed to acceptable levels and give a bit more incentive/reward for teching beyond t3.
20 Feb 2018, 07:24 AM

recrewing is the most irritating part of 4 man squads. only real way to solve this what i see without this "make grens 5 man squad" idea is to make it so ostheer recrews weapons with 2 models, that there is 2 left in squad that recrewd it.
20 Feb 2018, 07:39 AM

But they got so stronk tanks...
20 Feb 2018, 08:06 AM

If you don't believe that Allies can be wiped too, play a few games as Brits against Ostheer. You will find that both Tommies and Sappers are wiped quite often by stray mortar round or rifle nade.
20 Feb 2018, 08:14 AM

If you don't believe that Allies can be wiped too, play a few games as Brits against Ostheer. You will find that both Tommies and Sappers are wiped quite often by stray mortar round or rifle nade.

Untill the 5 man upgrade, availeble at the start of the game and rushed by everyone half-decent and above.
20 Feb 2018, 08:46 AM

So you recrewed your MG with a 3 man grenadier squad, got mad and then came here to complain about loosing the whole squad?

Sure lets give Ost 5 man grenadiers with increased cost. Also take away T0 MG42, nerf turbo mortar and lock rifle nade behind 30f base upgrade. Same for MG42 LMG upgrade.

Lets just make all factions the same. That would make the game so much fun Kappa
20 Feb 2018, 09:17 AM

This right here is everything wrong with Ostheer, and everything that's been wrong with Ostheer since forever.

Instantly lose the first model at the start of any engagement, lose viable damage after losing a single model, have only worthless <1.0 received accuracy to compensate for lack of a fifth model, and can't recrew anything, ever, unless at full models and full health (the latter because the moment you recrew something at low health and get shot a single time, you've just lost the original unit that was left with a barely living single model).

In the picture I see a squad with less than half life and only one model dropped.
20 Feb 2018, 12:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

your problems would be solved with a HT you have behind your lines to reinforce :-)
20 Feb 2018, 12:28 PM

i still don't get it why is 3 men recrew wasn't 2 in coh 1 and even on the weapon it says 2 was the number bumped up to 3 ? if so when ? and why ?
should it be 2 men like it has always been ?
20 Feb 2018, 13:15 PM

i still don't get it why is 3 men recrew wasn't 2 in coh 1 and even on the weapon it says 2 was the number bumped up to 3 ? if so when ? and why ?
should it be 2 men like it has always been ?

Team weapon were 3 men squad in Coh1.
20 Feb 2018, 13:19 PM

''The main reason people complain about Wehrmacht infantry performance so much is that mid range is not their domain with the very exception of spamming G43 grens. If you aren't any good at setting things up to account for that, you will fight at a disadvantage. That they are individually great tools at their respective perfect range though is rarely considered... Better get 5 men mid- range grens to compete...''

^^taken from steam, regarding a similar thread some while ago. It sums up how i feel about grens, and what the current problems are with Grens.
20 Feb 2018, 13:42 PM

"5 man Ostheer squads?! Noooo, that would make all Armies the same!!!" Because fuck balance and Army design and having fun while playing a certain Army while they're close to each other in terms of balance. Great logic right there.
20 Feb 2018, 13:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Feb 2018, 13:15 PMEsxile

Team weapon were 3 men squad in Coh1.
yea u are right my bad
20 Feb 2018, 14:45 PM

"5 man Ostheer squads?! Noooo, that would make all Armies the same!!!" Because fuck balance and Army design and having fun while playing a certain Army while they're close to each other in terms of balance. Great logic right there.

As I said if Ost gets 5 man squads they will have to give away their faction specific strengths like tech free nades weapon upgrades very good T0 mg, op mortar etc.

Ost isnt even underpowered in current patch anyways. So what "balance" are you talking about?

20 Feb 2018, 15:00 PM

As I said if Ost gets 5 man squads they will have to give away their faction specific strengths like tech free nades weapon upgrades ...

Ostheer grenades and weapon upgrades are not "free" they need BP 1 research.

On the other hand Allied call-in grenades are "free" (don't remember if OKW's call-in infatry need a truck for grenades or not).
20 Feb 2018, 15:03 PM

As I said if Ost gets 5 man squads they will have to give away their faction specific strengths like tech free nades weapon upgrades very good T0 mg, op mortar etc.

Ost isnt even underpowered in current patch anyways. So what "balance" are you talking about?

Like how brits "give up" double lmg upgrades, mortar pit, t0 lv, cheap healing on the fucking field and a non-doc puma?
20 Feb 2018, 15:26 PM
Donator 11

You wanna talk about losing your first man quick go look at USF riflemen, that damn guy has a death wish I swear.
20 Feb 2018, 15:34 PM

Recrewing @ two members is crazy talk innit?
20 Feb 2018, 15:49 PM

Ostheer have early Reforce building frontline like HQ bunker (150mp60mu)
and Halftrack It not enough Right ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS