Login

russian armor

New meta since patch

13 Feb 2018, 16:26 PM

Hey, I'm just getting back into the game a little after I saw there was a patch in December. So far I feel that the changes are really great, they really smooth off a lot of the jagged edges or improve useless units/commanders that we had before, and make things a little more skill-based. So thanks a lot to the patch guys!

I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to point out any meta stuff for me, that is, any big effects not obvious from the patch notes? Or have all options really become viable, as intended (heh)? I noticed for example that the UK Arty commander may actually have a use now with the airburst shells, even if the "flares" ability bugged out for me when I tried it.

Cheers
13 Feb 2018, 17:31 PM

I can't talk about 1v1, but from what I have seen this mode seems to be kinda balanced now. The better player usually wins, no more "cheese > skill" matches.

In 2v2 I must say that -unfortunately- there is still a lot of cancer & abuse, almost more than pre-patch. IL2, Typhoon and P47 skillplanes got buffed and reached a cancerous level (as cancerous as Ju87). :guyokay: You see them in almost every single match now. :(

Playing OKW instead of Ostheer became questionable unless you spam Valiant Assault from the revamped Luftwaffe Ground Forces doc, cuz that ability is OP af now : 70 munitions, 45 sec duration (sprint + increased accuracy for every inf unit), 15 sec cooldown. Only JP4, Stuka, IR HT, some commanders and the buffed flak HT make this faction stand out now IMO. cheap vet 5 volks dont wipe anything on sight anymore while being almost impossible to kill. Panthers cost too much popcap

Ostheer is very solid now.

USF has a very strong late game now, that is because Jacksons are very powerful now and scotts are amazing like always. New P47 skillplanes add to that as well. Removing smoke grenades from riflemen was a necessary change, however it made playing USF vs early HMGs a little bit frustrating, and they still have the weakness that their mid game AT is weak (often it's pure luck if the USF AT gun will penetrate a P4 for example).

Brits became a little bit strange now. They still have the best mainline inf with 5-men bren IS, and fireflies are still amazing as well. Some of their former crutches got fixed(afk mortar pits being too effective and too hard to kill; password protection trenches to name two) They still have their big weaknesses --> no mobile and effective early indirect fire, no snares apart from 1 commander. However, in team games it is easier to play around that. British base howitzer is pretty good now.
The revamped Royal Engineers doc is pretty meh, but Royal Commandos doc has some very useful abilities now. --> smoke raid + mortar cover. New Air supremacy isn't as ridiculous as before, but still does its job.

Soviets are a little bit like an advanced Ostheer now. Pre-patch, penal spam and potentially some snipers was like the only viable option. Now everything is viable. Conscripts fit perfectly to maxim or sniper strats. Guards and 120mm mortars are a bit OP (since forever). Katyusha is still the best rocket arty in the game.

3v3/4v4 hasn't changed much. JT and Elefant are not so dominant anymore, they used to destroy every allies medium tank without any effort. Now they actually need support for this. JT became pretty meaningless because Elefant is better now (cheaper and more mobile). Still a lot of spammerino: team weapons (especially HMGs and mortars), indirect fire, and 2 click wonders (commander abilities).

TL;DR Apart from playing axis in 2v2, the patch improved the meta :) However, thanks to this "Relic Scope", there are still some cheesy strats left.
13 Feb 2018, 20:07 PM

You hit the nail on the head there aerafield. Don't try and play axis 2v2 random. It's hopeless. Everything feels gimped compared to what you are facing. Everything.

You can literally bombard the opponents mortar for five minutes with an ISG and it will lose 1 or 2 crew men.

Every AT outranges you.

The list goes on and on.
13 Feb 2018, 21:40 PM

New meta is USF commander as OKW, obviously.
13 Feb 2018, 22:09 PM

TL;DR Apart from playing axis in 2v2, the patch improved the meta :) However, thanks to this "Relic Scope", there are still some cheesy strats left.

Aerafield hats off to you man. You really know da wae now. Such big improvment over the last months. You really are a mature, intelligent human being now. Even though you are of course still of questionable character I cant disagree with anything you said.

Especially skill planes are a huge pain in the ass now. OKW spamming stuka cas, P47s, every soviet using il2 strafes every game...Not fun.
13 Feb 2018, 23:21 PM

play soviet ,get guards , use support weapon ,ISU very strong spam su 76 uneless heavy tank then get su 85
13 Feb 2018, 23:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

"cheese > skill"

This is 1v1
14 Feb 2018, 04:36 AM

Aerafield, thanks a lot for the great summary man, appreciate it!

It's a shame that planes got a "buff" but I guess the objective was to make them less random, but it had unintended consequences. Aside from that I think the patch is great, so many well thought out changes. Ost got some teeth, things like infiltration commandos are way more skill based, things seem more evened out in general. Think I'll enjoy a few more games now :)
14 Feb 2018, 07:15 AM

Dont try to reach a good lvl with OKW random in 2v2. Its a horror.

- all allie standart infantery outgun you,
- all TDs are better than yours nondoc,
- all AT guns are much better than yours (rakten are on the same range like MGs and tanks..and dies often from the first medium shot )
- all indirect fire from allies are cancer now
- guards are the best infntery...can deal with all targets...much better vs tanks than your stPios and better vs infntery than volks
- sniper + guard start is cancer and need no skill
- skillplanes are on top of the chesse..they kill even your tanks from far away the circle (in my case the circel was in mid of the map..my panther stand in the base corner)
- ST is not more than a gimmick if you are fell a little bit boring and whant to stand more than than use it.. and must wait for noobs decisions from your oponent
- 17punder sit on the brace is nondoc, cost the same like pak43...while this unit is a doc unit and can´t brace (WHUUUUUT?!?!?!?)
- allie squads can spring out of houses whiole your fallis need to spring out of plane whith a huge signal "ACHTUNG ACHTUNG HIER KOMMT GEFAHR" (DANGER DANGER ATTENTION DANGER YOU WILL BE ATTACKED HERE) for your oppnent
- KT is not worth anymore the hugh ressourecs...it will be pentratet by anything and for ever...even from a 200MP unit with zooks
- OKW is the weakest faction right now in a 2v2 random game.

> play ost and leave okw alone ...
14 Feb 2018, 09:46 AM

- all AT guns are much better than yours (rakten are on the same range like MGs and tanks..and dies often from the first medium shot )
- guards are the best infntery...can deal with all targets...much better vs tanks than your stPios and better vs infntery than volks
- skillplanes are on top of the chesse..they kill even your tanks from far away the circle (in my case the circel was in mid of the map..my panther stand in the base corner)
- ST is not more than a gimmick if you are fell a little bit boring and whant to stand more than than use it.. and must wait for noobs decisions from your oponent
- 17punder sit on the brace is nondoc, cost the same like pak43...while this unit is a doc unit and can´t brace (WHUUUUUT?!?!?!?)
- allie squads can spring out of houses whiole your fallis need to spring out of plane whith a huge signal "ACHTUNG ACHTUNG HIER KOMMT GEFAHR" (DANGER DANGER ATTENTION DANGER YOU WILL BE ATTACKED HERE) for your oppnent
- KT is not worth anymore the hugh ressourecs...it will be pentratet by anything and for ever...even from a 200MP unit with zooks

in 2x2 random, the weakest link, can only be your ally, or you yourself, but any way not okw ^_^
14 Feb 2018, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 09:46 AMbrosras

in 2x2 random, the weakest link, can only be your ally, or you yourself, but any way not okw ^_^

In the theory: 4 player with the same skill lvl...yes..the player wich picked OKW will be have THE disadvantage.

14 Feb 2018, 11:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge

i agree with Brosras on this. OKW has disadvantage? HOW? >:)
14 Feb 2018, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 11:14 AMd0ggY
i agree with Brosras on this. OKW has disadvantage? HOW? >:)

you can find the answer 2 post above:

14 Feb 2018, 11:43 AM

you can find the answer 2 post above:

try to use all this, and see what OKW will do, maybe in a few games, you will lose, and you will understand how to control it

personally in my random games, it does not cause questions
14 Feb 2018, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 11:43 AMbrosras

try to use all this, and see what OKW will do, maybe in a few games, you will lose, and you will understand how to control it

personally in my random games, it does not cause questions

hmm..thats why you are much better with allie faction, than with axis faction i guess?

or why did your OKW troops struggle so hard in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLX_mvVxcKI
14 Feb 2018, 13:29 PM

hmm..thats why you are much better with allie faction, than with axis faction i guess?

or why did your OKW troops struggle so hard in this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLX_mvVxcKI

its 1x1 and judged by the 1st game, it's funny
14 Feb 2018, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2018, 13:29 PMbrosras

its 1x1 and judged by the 1st game, it's funny

conclusion:

- your stuka was nearly useless and doesnt work well for its price (compare it with LM...which cost the half) imagine what would happen if the LM would shot on the area in https://youtu.be/NLX_mvVxcKI?t=1996 or here: https://youtu.be/NLX_mvVxcKI?t=2121
- jgpz4 is so slow and misses often, is not mobil enough for a defending/ flanking through enemy tanks
- rakten cant do its job: destroy/ fear tanks
- MG are so strong vs OKW
- expansive Luchs die to fast and will never wipe squads by itsself...not like the t70 (which is really god vs tanks too)
- Sov AT gun survive easily vs 2 luchs...while it wipe easile infantery squads (!!!)
- puma have paper armor..
- guards own all of your untis easily
-cons are so accurate ...not funny
- SU 76 hit erverytime....on max range and shot like autoloader
- sov needs no fuel to win games..all they need is Manpower
- IL2 is a cancer right now (thats why it was used so much in KoTH and mostly every game in rank)*
- sov can bank about 250 fuel ..and still win..
- okw schwerer has much problem to deal with planes...

and so on...

i dont blame you (you are a great player)...i say only that the life/ play is much easier with allie faction and its much harder with OKW actually exspacilly in Teamgames
14 Feb 2018, 15:04 PM

Ullumullu, please try to be a bit more "lighthearted" in your strategic viewpoints.

Everything you write is always a total pro or total con. It's never like "Unit X is maybe a bit too strong", but always "Unit X is so bad, you can have 3 and still lose, while ALLIED UNIT Y can fight Inf and AT with ease."

That is the reason why most people don't take you serious on this board.
As long as you don't work on that - let's call it - 'whiny attitude', people will just think "Well, it's another Ulllumullu post, what do you expect."

Katitof was a fanboy aswell but he made his posts way more entertaining and subtle, that's why there are people who missed him after his ban, while you're simply annoying most of the time. Sorry.
14 Feb 2018, 15:23 PM

Ullumullu, please try to be a bit more "lighthearted" in your strategic viewpoints.

Everything you write is always a total pro or total con. It's never like "Unit X is maybe a bit too strong", but always "Unit X is so bad, you can have 3 and still lose, while ALLIED UNIT Y can fight Inf and AT with ease."

That is the reason why most people don't take you serious on this board.
As long as you don't work on that - let's call it - 'whiny attitude', people will just think "Well, it's another Ulllumullu post, what do you expect."

Katitof was a fanboy aswell but he made his posts way more entertaining and subtle, that's why there are people who missed him after his ban, while you're simply annoying most of the time. Sorry.

i know what you mean....

When we talk about Meta...there is no playce for OKW in teamgames actually...they are meh and doesnt bring much into teamgame except some callins...they have no real "cheese strategie" like other faction.. or iam false?

arti will be killed by mostly all call in indirect fire through allie ...because no moveable arti like prist or somehting..panthers doiesnt hit anything while moving and cant deal with infantery...while mostly all infnterya squads can equip AT handheld....super strong allie tds means: no tank harrashment....and allie infntery and ant blobb tool are very good and easy to use (compare stuka vs LM (aiming and luck vs shot blind in the fow))

nealry 300fuel call in units from okw are overrun by 2-4 mediums easily and need a big support army behind it to be effective (jagdtiger need much anti infntery support and spoter + 2-3 ATs to be good)
(Kt is overrun by mediums, penals satchels and long range TDs...it is a slow spongebob which cant wipe with one shot anymore (see patchdetails))

rakten die often with the first income shot from mediums while having poor range and aiming accurracy

volks are outguned by any infntery (except pios)

and so on....

yes it strue..allie have their weakness...but OKW is the weakest actually in teamgames (2v2)
14 Feb 2018, 16:05 PM

More "subtle"? Seriously? The majority of his post are completely biased some of them even defending some of the most broken allied units and abilities (before they where fixed/patched) like:

Win-industry

Cancer-Commander

Penals (first implementation with flamer)

Calliope (being able to decrew)
and so on....

In addition he did so while insulting anyone who had a different opinion contributing into creating a very toxic environment and presented claims as facts that where actually completely wrong.

"Subtle" is hardly a word to describe those posts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 81

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight