Login

russian armor

ostheer 250 halftrack needs to be buffed

28 Jan 2018, 21:39 PM

Out of all the units in the game right now, this is among the most neglected and forgotten units. If not the most neglected. This thing has no MG, no reinforcement, no abilities, simply nothing. And it's outrageously expensive for what it is - an ostheer clown car.

I used to find a use for this thing back when pioneers with flamethrowers did good damage whilst moving in a scout car, but now that's reduced significantly.

This thing needs atleast a machine gun at the very least. But even then i fear it will still be crap. So it might need something else.. Suppresion? Something akin to the old kubelwagen.
28 Jan 2018, 21:42 PM
Patrion 310

I would like to see it be a stand alone unit, not come with Grens / Pz Grens and then a pretty decent price reduction (and maybe lower cp)?
28 Jan 2018, 21:51 PM
Donator 11

A wet dream would be to have mobile team weapons like mortars or mgs shoot from inside it. But this is not going to happen. The price reduction could work though, as it is pretty much just a worse version of non-doc m3.
28 Jan 2018, 22:09 PM

A wet dream would be to have mobile team weapons like mortars or mgs shoot from inside it. But this is not going to happen. The price reduction could work though, as it is pretty much just a worse version of non-doc m3.

Yeah and while we are at it bring back M3 snipers. Kappa

MG and mortar shooting from a HT is just......
28 Jan 2018, 23:30 PM

What would be the point of the dedicated 250 mortar halftrack then?

I mean it's a good idea, I'm just saying that if Relic was willing to and intended it that way they would have done it by now, probably.

Other than this yeah I whole wholeheartedly agree, the call in is not worth it's price, be it with a Grenadier or Panzergrenadier squad inside which it cannot support, all it can do is be a taxi for them and get them faster to somewhere than the squad having to walk to that specific place, nothing more.

Either an MG or a reinforcement ability or both with some price balance would be the best approach Imo.

However this has been mentioned several hundred times now with nothing done about it so I doubt it.
29 Jan 2018, 01:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Yeah and while we are at it bring back M3 snipers. Kappa

MG and mortar shooting from a HT is just......

i want M5 with double sniper plix
29 Jan 2018, 11:47 AM

I actually dont hate it with LMG grens on larger maps where Ost has hard time holdings flanks, kinda tricky to deal with until they can send a light vehicle, then you can always hop the grens out to faust while the 250 pulls back. Also allows you to accumulate more LMGs a bit quicker.

If it could lay reigals, now that would be sweet! As mines would suit its harrasing role more than the standard half track which is more of a rearward unit.
29 Jan 2018, 12:04 PM

The most gimmick thing about it is that the occupants take damage from anything that fires at the halftrack, this includes things like flamethrowers. This doesn't happen to any other halftrack to the extent that it does happen to the 250..
29 Jan 2018, 12:07 PM

The most gimmick thing about it is that the occupants take damage from anything that fires at the halftrack, this includes things like flamethrowers. This doesn't happen to any other halftrack to the extent that it does happen to the 250..

This probably doesn't happen anymore since DBP either, since WC51 changes helped us find the bug and fix it for both vehicles. However I haven't seen the 250 used since forever, so I can't verify.

I would like to see it be a stand alone unit, not come with Grens / Pz Grens and then a pretty decent price reduction (and maybe lower cp)?

Is not able to come early, since none of the allied factions have any fausts or early AT guns to stand a chance by then.

By the late game, spending either MP or FU in a combat-incapable unit that is a magnet for AT rounds is probably the last thing you are going to do; You're better off saving your resources for a 251 or something.

You're only ever going to build 1 of them per match, for swag points, and never again.

If you comprare Lightning War to Mechanized Assault, the HT should probably act as some kind of force-replenishment mechanic, to bring the two doctrines on equal footing, and break the monotony of G43 spam game, after game.
29 Jan 2018, 12:14 PM

This probably doesn't happen anymore since DBP either, since WC51 changes helped us find the bug and fix it, however I haven't seen the 250 used since forever, so I can't verify.

I have seen it used on a Tightrope's casts recently. Here I'll link the video. I believe the passengers took damage from the at nade. This also doesn't happen to other halftracks..

Ok site won't let me enter the YouTube vid here even though I did what normally works for YouTube videos. Here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqTP7NZAzio&t=3007s

You can see it happen at 8:15. The pgrens in the halftrack go to half health due to double at nades. After that they take damage from small ars fire from the cons and then from the thrown molotov. After the engagement, they have roughly 25% health left.
29 Jan 2018, 12:16 PM

do u guys rember the panzer elite ? how about some upgrade for a light at gun and a mobile mg 42 , it would work like the american AA truck but it has same cone as mg 42 and suppress only if it stand still but it would need a buff to the damage
http://companyofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/Light_AT_Halftrack
29 Jan 2018, 12:20 PM

It doesnt work great with shreks or flamers, cos you have to get close and it get wrecked. But as a kiting unit with LMG, its not horrendous
29 Jan 2018, 12:34 PM

Every allied doctrinal HT call-in is superior while most of them are cheaper also...

The commander ability to call this units is simply UP.
29 Jan 2018, 12:44 PM

If you comprare Lightning War to Mechanized Assault, the HT should probably act as some kind of force-replenishment mechanic, to bring the two doctrines on equal footing, and break the monotony of G43 spam game, after game.

If allied infantry where not so much more cost efficient compared to Gren, Ostheer would not have become the new Soviets having to relay on doctrinal/abilities units to just to stay afloat.

(as for "lighting war" it should simply not have access to the Tiger)
29 Jan 2018, 13:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2018, 12:44 PMVipper

If allied infantry where not so much more cost efficient compared to Gren, Ostheer would not have become the new Soviets having to relay on doctrinal/abilities units to just to stay afloat.

(as for "lighting war" it should simply not have access to the Tiger)

And you're going to pick a Tiger-less Lightning War over Jaeger Infantry or Elite Troops doctrine because... ?

You don't see 250 because both the unit is individually useless on its own, and because other commanders are simply better and overshadowing the 250 commanders.
29 Jan 2018, 13:16 PM

Couldn't we just give it the ability to reinforce squads?

A Panzer Tactician-esque smoke discharger would also be useful given its vulnerability to AT.
29 Jan 2018, 13:30 PM

And you're going to pick a Tiger-less Lightning War over Jaeger Infantry or Elite Troops doctrine because... ?

You don't see 250 because both the unit is individually useless on its own, and because other commanders are simply better and overshadowing the 250 commanders.

On commanders design:

Commander that buff infantry should not, also have access to super heavies.

Commanders with Super heavies should not, also have access to powerful off maps.

On 250:

The reason you do not see 250 is simply because the ability is too expensive, comes with infantry attached to it that you probably will need (even worse than assault Guards since the infantries are also available via stock) and because the 250 is simply inferior to any allied HT call-in. It has less utility while costing more to get, while nearly any Allied infatry has access to AT weapons. It is simply UP.

Other commanders are not simply better they vital, currently it really really hard to play Ostheer without specific commander abilities. Thus the have become what Soviet used to be, only worse since allot of these vital abilities are restricted to few commanders.
29 Jan 2018, 14:07 PM

I see three options for this unit:

-250 should come with 0 CP. Buildable in T1 after upgrading battle faze I. Let it become an ostheer version of soviet m3 scout car.

- comes with unique unit inside with some special, interesting abilities

- give them upgrade for MG (which have time ability to suppress) and mortar upgrade. Diversity of upgrades would alow to call more than 1 of this unit and use them diffrently. Which would make this unit more usefull late game if it survive early-mid stage of the game.

Eigher way unit should get cost reduction or HP/armor buff. All of this should also be done with commanders revamp. (Sad wet dream)
29 Jan 2018, 14:07 PM

because the 250 is simply inferior to any allied HT call-in

Why would that make a difference? Ostheer can't build allied halftracks. You could replace every allied halftrack with a wooden cart pulled by two goats and it wouldn't make a shred of difference to the 250's value relative to Ostheer's other options for spending that fuel and manpower.
29 Jan 2018, 14:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2018, 13:30 PMVipper

On commanders design:

Commander that buff infantry should not, also have access to super heavies.

Commanders with Super heavies should not, also have access to powerful off maps.

Soviet commander with Guards, ISU and bombing strafe are laughing right now :nahnah:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 54
unknown 23
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak