Login

russian armor

Why is the Maxim Death Loop Still a Thing?

19 Jan 2018, 21:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 21:32 PMzarok47

Hahahaha.

I won that game.

Lets be real, you had a significant map advantage from having the left and kholodney, a known soviet strong map. :snfCHVGame:
20 Jan 2018, 05:09 AM

Its stupid to see a squad coming, press retreat, and lose all 6 guys. You just fed a bunch of vet to your opponent and never fired the gun. You only see maxim spam because its all you have out of that tier. What else are you going to make, Cons? Feed more vet to your opponent. Now you fed 12 guys to them.
20 Jan 2018, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 14:30 PMKharn
The maxim used to be OP, but those days are over. It doesn't have a lightning quick setup time, it takes forever to pin any targets which is why players would double up on them.

Rifle grenades can easily out range them and tear apart that 6 man crew. It's frustrating when volks or grens charge the maxim, one guy dies, so it's just a constant picking up the maxim to try and fire at all and instead of performing like a machine gun. It performs like a joke.

i can sign this.

and to zarok and many others: not everyone plays the gardening 1v1, in bigger modes (where the majority of players are) the maxim can be quite trashy :thumb:

glorious fühl to see a vet 2 ober snipe the 6man squad model after model.. working as intended SeemsGood
20 Jan 2018, 10:17 AM

glorious fühl to see a vet 2 ober snipe the 6man squad model after model.. working as intended SeemsGood

But this surely wouldn't happen in team games, you have your teammates support and your own units supporting your maxim right :wave:
20 Jan 2018, 10:32 AM

i'd suggest you dont argue with zarok about maxim last time he hit top 10 with it to prove the argument :hansRNG:
20 Jan 2018, 11:16 AM

bullpudding

panther is also not bad in teamgames. just rely on your teammates and your own troops to support XDD
20 Jan 2018, 13:17 PM

panther is also not bad in teamgames. just rely on your teammates and your own troops to support XDD

Still doesn't dispell your bullshit comment :banana:
20 Jan 2018, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 15:24 PMMittens

And the Mg42 isn't? Tbh the unit clumps up a fair amount making it EZPZ to rifle nade. Along with that, if the nade doesn't get it the deathloop surely will if you aren't suppressed.
Not to compare apples to oranges but the MG42 can easily suppress and pin 4 squads within its fire arc without the use of sprint or smoke and simply costs less than the maxim as you dont have to build tech building for it.

If I do recall the maxim itself is set up more like a kubal than anything which is why it cant teleport like other Mgs.....it makes sense but god damn is it frustrating for a unit that seems more like a meme than a worthwhile investment

But incredibly noone has EVER spammed MG42 like people spam the Maxim.

That's the reality here so I have no idea why you're saying the MG42 is as annoying as the Maxpin. Perhaps you are from another dimension where MG42 spam is a thing.

If anything you said was true, we'd be swimming in MG42s. But we're not. So you're either lying or ignorant.
21 Jan 2018, 00:18 AM

I wouldn't have such an issue with maxims if they were a support unit only. This shit where people open with 4 maxims is just tedious in the extreme. The decision to allow t2 openings to improve game diversity just adds another layer to the balance conundrum.

The problem is, and this is a problem that is largely across the entire game, is instead of refining and balancing a select number of builds, relic and mods seem to want to provide every faction with every possible opening, build order, unit selection etc and in the process are unable to reduce the cheese and frustration or bring any true semblance of balance. Factions should have a definite playstyle like coh1 otherwise the cries to make every unit viable for every faction will never end and you cannot satisfy everyone and balance the game.

Players who want a strong mg should play ost instead of just trying to buff their own faction to simply satisfy their own selfish needs.

Anyone who pays any kind of attention to streamers these days will notice that the factions are becoming more and more alike all the time and as such the game is more dull and boring than ever.
21 Jan 2018, 10:04 AM

Permanently Banned
Bug doing a good job.

Maxim is a game-ruining unit. Who wants to play fkng angry birds with indirect fore against 4 of these?

Honest to god the most boring unit in the game. If the Maxim isn't op to you, ask yrself why noone evee spammed any other MG in this game. Fckng Maxim spammers

What if i build only 1-2 of them and dont spam ? WHy i must have this thing compared to another hmg ?
21 Jan 2018, 10:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jan 2018, 05:09 AMRosbone
Its stupid to see a squad coming, press retreat, and lose all 6 guys. You just fed a bunch of vet to your opponent and never fired the gun. You only see maxim spam because its all you have out of that tier. What else are you going to make, Cons? Feed more vet to your opponent. Now you fed 12 guys to them.

This guy still believes Cons are bad, haha. Dude it's 2018 - have you even played since DBP?
21 Jan 2018, 16:54 PM

This guy still believes Cons are bad, haha. Dude it's 2018 - have you even played since DBP?

https://vimeo.com/247043127
21 Jan 2018, 22:56 PM

Invissed a post for excessive flame.
22 Jan 2018, 03:50 AM

I can confirm that I've faced top 10 soviets in 2v2 who are maxim spamming (cblanco comes to mind) and it's very strong. If the MG is microd well, it performs well and can easily dominate. This "death loop" seems more common when noobs are a-moving the maxim, it engages a Grenadier in open cover or a road, sets up, but oh no the Grenadier with vet and LMG wins :( too many noobs man. Sorry you can't a-move the entire game, but it doesn't mean the maxim is bad. Complaining does mean you may be though.
22 Jan 2018, 08:08 AM

So... the Reasoning for this bug to still be in the game is to punish Maxim spam?

But its ok when OST MG42 spams at the start?

Bis?
22 Jan 2018, 08:24 AM

Its nice to point out what favours your opinion, right? You missed his point btw (this thread is about maxims)

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jan 2018, 03:50 AMNosliw
I can confirm that I've faced top 10 soviets in 2v2 who are maxim spamming (cblanco comes to mind) and it's very strong. If the MG is microd well, it performs well and can easily dominate. This "death loop" seems more common when noobs are a-moving the maxim, it engages a Grenadier in open cover or a road, sets up, but oh no the Grenadier with vet and LMG wins :( too many noobs man. Sorry you can't a-move the entire game, but it doesn't mean the maxim is bad. Complaining does mean you may be though.

This is half the truth and you know it (or you should know it). There are plenty other situations where maxim loop death can happen (getting flanked, getting out of a building...).
Making a point just because you are good at the game...classic "Führer syndrome" as Imperial Dane would say.
22 Jan 2018, 08:43 AM

can confirm deathloop for rakten too
22 Jan 2018, 14:53 PM

can confirm deathloop for rakten too

As the Allied fanbois would say, this is totally unrelated. Raketen is totally fine, raketen can cloak and retreat. L2P.
22 Jan 2018, 14:58 PM

As the Allied fanbois would say, this is totally unrelated. Raketen is totally fine, raketen can cloak and retreat. L2P.

rakten are ok..when captured by sov with 6 model crew they have ok surviveabilty
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★