Login

russian armor

Why is the Maxim Death Loop Still a Thing?

19 Jan 2018, 01:31 AM
Donator 11

As the title says, the unit to this day gets stuck in a death loop (where the squad keeps going to pick up the weapon but dying before he can get there causing it to get stuck) and it should be addressed. Is there any way we can get this changed?
19 Jan 2018, 02:14 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

It can't be fixed IIRC
19 Jan 2018, 06:02 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's 100% fixable easily, just not done to balance out the high survivability of the 6 man MG.
19 Jan 2018, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 06:02 AMTobis
It's 100% fixable easily, just not done to balance out the high survivability of the 6 man MG.

If this is correct, then it is a very weird way to use a bug to 'balance' things to be honest.
What's next? If the user calls in a Tiger Ace, the game will crash once it falls down 50% HP?

JK, but still weird.
19 Jan 2018, 13:10 PM

it's either very hard or impossible to fix.

And fixing it would put the maxim right back on the top of the food chain.

No one wants that.
19 Jan 2018, 14:13 PM

Bug doing a good job.

Maxim is a game-ruining unit. Who wants to play fkng angry birds with indirect fore against 4 of these?

Honest to god the most boring unit in the game. If the Maxim isn't op to you, ask yrself why noone evee spammed any other MG in this game. Fckng Maxim spammers
19 Jan 2018, 14:30 PM

The maxim used to be OP, but those days are over. It doesn't have a lightning quick setup time, it takes forever to pin any targets which is why players would double up on them.

Rifle grenades can easily out range them and tear apart that 6 man crew. It's frustrating when volks or grens charge the maxim, one guy dies, so it's just a constant picking up the maxim to try and fire at all and instead of performing like a machine gun. It performs like a joke.
19 Jan 2018, 14:34 PM

Bug doing a good job.

Maxim is a game-ruining unit. Who wants to play fkng angry birds with indirect fore against 4 of these?

Honest to god the most boring unit in the game. If the Maxim isn't op to you, ask yrself why noone evee spammed any other MG in this game. Fckng Maxim spammers

The Maxim was spammed because it set up immediately and started shooting within a second. This was the op thing about it that has been fixed 2 patches ago. After this it was UP because it took ages to setup and suppressed worse than an MG34.

IIRC with the last patch it got a bit buffed again, so it should be more or less fine atm (besides that stupid bug).

Still I am glad if my sov enemy plays Maxims, because that means no Van Damme Penals and no annoying sniper duos.

But why do you care? You won't see a Maxim in 1v1 nevertheless :snfPeter:
19 Jan 2018, 15:00 PM
Donator 11

Its not exactly a bug, more of a design decision - this type of mg doesnt teleport but has more men.
19 Jan 2018, 15:24 PM
Donator 11

Bug doing a good job.

And the Mg42 isn't? Tbh the unit clumps up a fair amount making it EZPZ to rifle nade. Along with that, if the nade doesn't get it the deathloop surely will if you aren't suppressed.
Not to compare apples to oranges but the MG42 can easily suppress and pin 4 squads within its fire arc without the use of sprint or smoke and simply costs less than the maxim as you dont have to build tech building for it.

If I do recall the maxim itself is set up more like a kubal than anything which is why it cant teleport like other Mgs.....it makes sense but god damn is it frustrating for a unit that seems more like a meme than a worthwhile investment
19 Jan 2018, 15:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 14:30 PMKharn
It's frustrating when volks or grens charge the maxim, one guy dies, so it's just a constant picking up the maxim to try and fire at all and instead of performing like a machine gun. It performs like a joke.

All reality is lost on these stupid glitches. Like IRL the guys would just stand there and get picked off if the guy carrying the gun died? No they would all run. This is almost as bad as the COH1 AT gun where you kill 2 guys and the 3rd guy dies of sadness because his friends are dead. I would like to see the guy carrying any team weapon be the last to take damage so these realism breaking things are gone forever.

Oh and please stop my units from shooting at the sad guy running off the field o_O
19 Jan 2018, 16:00 PM

But why do you care? You won't see a Maxim in 1v1 nevertheless :snfPeter:

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 14:30 PMKharn
It performs like a joke.

Or Imperial Dane, if you prefer him:

Enjoy.
19 Jan 2018, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 06:02 AMTobis

Is it? I've no idea how to fix that one.
19 Jan 2018, 18:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Is it? I've no idea how to fix that one.

I was under the impression that changing it to teleport to the next squad member like other machine guns was possible.

This thread has happened multiple times over the years, the conclusion is always the same. It would make the already most survivable machine gun even more survivable. Bad idea.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 15:39 PMRosbone

All reality is lost on these stupid glitches. Like IRL the guys would just stand there and get picked off if the guy carrying the gun died? No they would all run. This is almost as bad as the COH1 AT gun where you kill 2 guys and the 3rd guy dies of sadness because his friends are dead. I would like to see the guy carrying any team weapon be the last to take damage so these realism breaking things are gone forever.

It's not very realistic to have the gunner magically take no damage. I suppose you could have the other 5 members all retreat off the side of the map like support weapons when they leave it behind....

Also it's not a bug, stop calling it that.
19 Jan 2018, 18:45 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 18:20 PMTobis

I was under the impression that changing it to teleport to the next squad member like other machine guns was possible.

This thread has happened multiple times over the years, the conclusion is always the same. It would make the already most survivable machine gun even more survivable. Bad idea.

It's not very realistic to have the gunner magically take no damage. I suppose you could have the other 5 members all retreat off the side of the map like support weapons when they leave it behind....

Whats the point of a 6 man squad if they cant pick up the damn gun? Survivability at this point is a meme as it rests on the idea that the gun can pack up and is a rather unfair claim to say that it should get the same treatment or compensation.
Everyone always cites the 6 man squad but the maxim doesn't have the same arc, it doesn't have the same ROF/damage, and its suppression has been a joke in relation to the Mg42 (Which costs cheaper, has a wider fire arc, and is a better suppression platform). Granted it does have a slightly faster pack up time but its really not all that great.

The least we can do is have it not get stuck in a "intended" bug or flaw in the game that should have been fixed years ago.

19 Jan 2018, 20:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 18:45 PMMittens

Amazing, reading this it feels like you would never be able to maximspam this patch.

Yet you can. And I do it. (haven't seen anyone try to spam the "superior" mg42 in ages tho)

Fixing the bug that is holding back the maxim from utterly dominating meta and tourneys is not only a tremendous task, it would even create more work since you now have to balance the maxim again.

So, no reason for it.
19 Jan 2018, 20:24 PM

Speaking about maxims did this changes make it into patch because according to in game description it is still 5%

Machine Gun Suppression Intel Bulletin
* Suppression bonus reduced from +5% to +1%
19 Jan 2018, 20:30 PM

At this moment the maxim is the worst mg in the game, by far IMO and even with 6 men. Fixing this (if possible) wouldn't make the maxim op, it would make it like every other mg in the game. Whats that? Normal.
When retreating, even with 6 men, it still can be wiped, other mgs can survive even with only 2 men.
And about spamming the unit, how many do that? Not many (anymore), spamming maxims is just a thing from the past that is still around because some got used to it (yeah Zarok, I am talking to you :D ) and are good at it.
MGs Spam (besides maxims from the past) was never a thing (there where/are some rare exceptions of course ) that's why you don't see it now. Why would people start now?

19 Jan 2018, 21:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 16:00 PMzarok47

Or Imperial Dane, if you prefer him:

Enjoy.

Both of those video's the SU player lost.....
19 Jan 2018, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jan 2018, 21:06 PMKharn

Both of those video's the SU player lost.....

Hahahaha.

I won that game.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight