Login

russian armor

Serveral questions

7 Jan 2018, 21:52 PM

1. Why have OKW not a good AT? raketen was ok when volks had schrecks....now they lost it, OKW armor was nerfed hard...okw has no good AT ...even the jagdpz4 was nerfed...it is so slow, that it will be flank from all other and the poor accurracy while turning is a joke....remind: it has no turrent and turns nearly slow like a elephant...puma is not that good while even pistole dmg it and mostly every allie infantery can equip handheld AT

2. why has the sov 120 mortar his old range, while all other light arty was nerfed?
it outrange ay other field light arty, can retreat, has high wiping potencial, has 6 model crew and survive..even with one model left..

3. why are cons with ppsh now the best infantery when u look to the price/ effency?

4. why can IS equip double brens/ vickers and shredd then all axis infantery in secounds?

5. the new jackson is a big joke...it is very fast, has good accurracy, TURRENT, good HP and nice dmg output.
2 them denied all alli armor...u can kit tanks, because of the turrent, speed and and good hp...but mostly they destroy ervy armor in secounds...no reson to kit

you make the allies much more easy mode in teamgames than they was since brit was released

7 Jan 2018, 22:06 PM

Oh this thread is gonna be good :snfPeter:

8 Jan 2018, 07:10 AM
Patrion 310

you make the allies much more easy mode in teamgames than they was since brit was released

Your 4574 USF rank in 4v4 suggests otherwise.
8 Jan 2018, 07:24 AM

6. Why is every Ullumullu thread full of biased whining that MUH AXIS ARE UP?

Your 4574 USF rank in 4v4 suggests otherwise.

Link pls
8 Jan 2018, 07:45 AM
Patrion 310

Link pls

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198079087631

If people have uploaded replays, you can find the player card from that :)
8 Jan 2018, 14:45 PM

because it seems that it works when there is much crying about the other faction...the prove i the actually patch, which nerfed OKW into the ground and buffed allie factions...because there was many cry-allie-babys and a allie biased modder...
A_E
8 Jan 2018, 14:49 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

You've only really played one faction, and at that seemingly to a very average standard.

Your opinions on balance and the inner workings of this game are very one-sided and largely invalid.

Get good.
8 Jan 2018, 14:57 PM

where are answers to the questions, which maybe enlight me, why are the questions maybe wrong?

is it not true, what i ask? Why are than so much topics about the same in thie forum? And even good players and good caster say the same...

it is not that iam the only one who ask this questions....and when i play allies..even in matches with good players...its awefull how easy they are...nearly boring...because no wipes and save areas becasue of brits and new TDs. which denie every armor axis can bring...

8 Jan 2018, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 14:49 PMA_E
You've only really played one faction, and at that seemingly to a very average standard.

Your opinions on balance and the inner workings of this game are very one-sided and largely invalid.

Get good.

i have game where Mr Smith need more than 40min to beat me...and to come at rank 400 with allies it need much time and hundreds of game..
last games i played...i won them all...so easy cheese...even against good players
8 Jan 2018, 18:51 PM

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/10/steamid/76561198079087631

If people have uploaded replays, you can find the player card from that :)

That explains a lot lmao
8 Jan 2018, 19:02 PM
Patrion 310

where are answers to the questions, which maybe enlight me, why are the questions maybe wrong?

What would be the point of replying? Wouldnt change anything
8 Jan 2018, 19:06 PM

i have game where Mr Smith need more than 40min to beat me...and to come at rank 400 with allies it need much time and hundreds of game..
last games i played...i won them all...so easy cheese...even against good players

I was purposely deagging that game out, so that I could get both a king tiger and a sturmtiger out. Why do you think I didn't bother capturing the vps for 20 minutes after I had you baselocked?
8 Jan 2018, 19:37 PM
Patrion 14

1. Why have OKW not a good AT? raketen was ok when volks had schrecks....now they lost it, OKW armor was nerfed hard...okw has no good AT ...even the jagdpz4 was nerfed...it is so slow, that it will be flank from all other and the poor accurracy while turning is a joke....remind: it has no turrent and turns nearly slow like a elephant...puma is not that good while even pistole dmg it and mostly every allie infantery can equip handheld AT

2. why has the sov 120 mortar his old range, while all other light arty was nerfed?
it outrange ay other field light arty, can retreat, has high wiping potencial, has 6 model crew and survive..even with one model left..

3. why are cons with ppsh now the best infantery when u look to the price/ effency?

4. why can IS equip double brens/ vickers and shredd then all axis infantery in secounds?

5. the new jackson is a big joke...it is very fast, has good accurracy, TURRENT, good HP and nice dmg output.
2 them denied all alli armor...u can kit tanks, because of the turrent, speed and and good hp...but mostly they destroy ervy armor in secounds...no reson to kit

Overall your questions aren't questions, they seem to state frustration and do not seek understanding. I will respond to each of your points as best I can though.

1. OKW actually has a diverse set and great AT options.

Raketens make great AT units. They can't be suppressed and can cloak. Use them in pairs for the most effectiveness in combination with mines volks snares.

Also don't forget your sturms can have shrecks and are now cheaper in the new patch!

Panthers are still great and I build them on a regular basis. Make sure you keep their front armor forward, take a shot then immediately reverse to avoid counter fire.

I personally have gravitated toward the puma in games of late; it can fight t34s with a bit of kiting and beat all allied light vehicle options without breaking a sweat. Late game it (and after the range vet bonus) it can flank with ease and disable vehicles with aimed shot.

I also adovcate keeping the jagdtiger in your doctrines for when allies decide to spam tank destroyers. The JT is the defacto king at tank slaying.

2. The 120 is designed to be a long range heavy and expensive mortar. Soviets are heavily reliant on their doctrines to win games, thus the price of using a 120 doctrine is losing other options in other doctrines. For example you can't have a ISU 152 or IS2 if you go 120s.

As OKW: ISGs have the same bombard range as the 120 before vet 3. Use an ISg to keep 120s moving. Overall though they are difficult to deal with, but easily countered with your own indirect and adopting a mobile playstyle when facing them.

Stukas are also excellent at forcing these to move, if not out right wiping them before they can dodge.

3. Cons are definitely not the most efficient infantry. They are just numerous and come out early in the game. If you could build obers at 0 minutes, every OKW would just build obers. You would have 4 ober squads by minute 10.

If we're comparing short range units in OKW, then would actually say mp40 volks are far more efficient when you're at 0 range. They destroy ppsh cons anyday with their higher damage output. Veterancy only makes the efficiency better as durability increases. Any other unit should engage ppshs at range, and they'll win.

I would also adovcate a flake half track if your opponent is using a heavy con build to control them when they push. Mg34s also pack a good punch now and should be used to layer your lines. One important point about suppression is that the more units you have in one spot, the more effective suppression is. So a blob of 2-3 conscripts - will all be suppressed by a half a MG volley.Where as a single conscript might take 1 to 2 volleys to suppress.

4. This has always been the case with British infantry and is their gimmick. The best way to deal with British infantry is with suppression, indirect or close range combat. You will trade fairly or favorable in close quarters combat with Brits. As British infantry has flat accuracy, you should be fighting them as close possible.

If not that, a p4 or double ober squads will suffice if you insist on letting them leverage their long range advantage.

5.The new Jackson is... Eh. It basically replaces the m10 these days and acts more like a brawler.

I find cloaked Raktens are the best way to deal with them. Since brawler tanks will almost always give chase, you can easily have your panther take a hit or two - feign weakness then bait the Jackson into raketen fire

The old Jackson was much more potent and could volley tanks from outside your vision range.

Or you can but a jagdtiger and flare/spot them with p fusilliers,

8 Jan 2018, 20:30 PM

I'm just going to weigh in a few, though I don't believe my perspective is entirely accurate since I mainly play the base game factions the most in matchmaking. Even so, I do play plenty custom matches within groups that gave me a whirl at every faction.

1. OKW certainly does not lack as much AT as you may like to believe. Raketen, consistency aside, is the only camoed AT gun that can crawl forward to cloak cap points as well as set up ambushes. Plenty of games where I lost a vet 3 light armor or even medium armor because it strolled into two cloaked raketenwerfers that get off two volleys. It's fairly reliable AT gun if you are more nimble with positioning, unlike pak40s that may do far better being static and holding major angles down.

Jagdpanzer4 is a tricky thing, and I'm surprised so many complain about it without noting the virtues. First off, it's the only medium tank hunter with 230 frontal armor. That's pretty good on deflection chances against most medium non-TD tanks. Granted, vet 2 nerf on even more armor is unfortunate, but you get accuracy buff instead, which was a consistency issue before. Also, last I checked, the Jagdpanzer4 is rather good on rotation speed. Not sure what made you feel that it's bad at turning. Puma's not terrible, but the damage it deals is a bit weak. Ever since they nerfed puma's target weak point and machine gun, it is seeing a whole lot less action.

2. 120 mm is cancer, but I don't know what would be a good means of nerfing it without blasting it into obscurity.

3. Cons are cheap and the PPsh gives them a very good close range damage. However, they're only good for assaulting. When it comes to holding ground, any other upgraded infantry would be a far better choice. They do have a ton of utility, but when you consider that Soviets don't have much in non-doctrinal infantry options outside of Cons and Penals, I find that it's a necessity.

4. IS double weapon carry is being looked at last I checked. Wasn't smith going to force all squads to carry only 1 weapon at a time?

5. Jackson buff is strong, but dearly needed for the poor US who pretty much has no late game unless they invest in a pershing or cheese with a calliope. A little more hitpoint at the cost of 20% damage nerf seems acceptable to me. This is a good change for US players since this means OKW and even Wermacht can't just turtle for late game armor and expect an easy win.
8 Jan 2018, 21:29 PM

ok...OKW need:

AA HT
Puma
2 raketen
volks
pios
jagdpz4
panther ...do deal with allies which blobb only one infnatery unit and later 2 TDs??

nice balance
8 Jan 2018, 21:46 PM
Patrion 14

ok...OKW need:

AA HT
Puma
2 raketen
volks
pios
jagdpz4
panther ...do deal with allies which blobb only one infnatery unit and later 2 TDs??

nice balance

This game is about adapting to what your opponent is doing. There is no singular way to win the game. Allies who use only one infantry unit type and later 2 TDs are not competitive builds. They will get slaughtered by combined arms/aircraft support builds and never advance beyond the mid skill range ranks.

Your response lists 7 great options from our suggestions for dealing with allied meta. A faction with more options is harder to deal with (cough soviets) You shouldn't need to have all of these things, they are options! The allies also have options and any competent player will counteract what you're doing. Again, our suggestions are options. How you use the options are up to you. I would suggest checking out OKW streams to get some ideas.

AA HT - Counters all allied infantry - I would use this as a way to control any allied infantry. It also comes out at around 5 minutes and has great shock value. An allied player will try and build an AT gun or light vehicle to deal with this - so back it up with a rakten at the minimum. I find the AA HT performs best against USA and Soviets.

Puma - build this if you to dive team weapons, allied light armor and chase down 1 man retreating squads. These should be used with MG34s supporting and covering retreats. Allied players won't typically engage a puma until they have mediums - which by the time they arrive you've got a very sizeable amry to snare that medium and kill w/ the puma.

2 Rakten - This is my go to for dealing with tank destroyer spam. Two raks with snare support will decimate any tank destroyer. They can even sneak up on the flank closed and volley a TD before it can react. If they fail, you can retreat them with little to not cost to your side.

Volks - You should have at minimum 2, usually 3 of these squads to provide sufficent field presence. Use them in pairs and in green cover. MP40s or stgs are a must. Always build sandbags.

Pios - I mean these are the best starting infantry in the game .Use them aggressively in early engagements by drawing fire to the kubel or volks first. Hide them around corners. Get on top of shit for best results. You also need them to fix your tanks late game.

JP4 - Great on narrow maps; would not use it on open maps. Synergizes great with spotters. It can also cloak - meaning it gest the first shot in every engagement!

Panther - I build one of these every game. They can fight allied infantry and flank any allied armor. Keep the front facing the enemy - as it bounces pretty much every shot. Panthers are my go to repsonse to medium armor swarms.

11 Jan 2018, 21:00 PM

Thanks for the informative posts Troyd. I'm a scrub at OKW but have been enjoying playing them lately, good info for some things I hadn't considered (rak can't get suppressed, blobs suppress faster than fewer units).
11 Jan 2018, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 21:46 PMTroyd

*snip

I'll definitely try out Pumas some more if the situation warrants it. How do you think the Anti Infantry of the Puma compares to something like the the Stuart or AEC?
11 Jan 2018, 21:50 PM

Oh this thread is gonna be good :snfPeter:

Im just not gonna bother Kappa
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment