Login

russian armor

Serveral questions

12 Jan 2018, 02:02 AM
Patrion 14

I'll definitely try out Pumas some more if the situation warrants it. How do you think the Anti Infantry of the Puma compares to something like the Stuart or AEC?

It is inferior to those units, as it is a far better AT unit. But it will snipe models every few shots with the main gun - the coaxial is on the turret so it can negate cover without flanking too hard. Additionally, the vet 1 ability "aimed shot" will snipe a model (save for retreating squads).

Best use case against infantry/support weapons is to drive it right up to them (assuming no snare / AT) to negate cover and just watch the unit flail about or retreat.
12 Jan 2018, 02:31 AM

TroyD and Partisanship great work :clap:
12 Jan 2018, 03:55 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 02:02 AMTroyd

It is inferior to those units, as it is a far better AT unit. But it will snipe models every few shots with the main gun - the coaxial is on the turret so it can negate cover without. Additionally, the vet 1 ability "aimed shot" will snipe a model (save for retreating squads).

Best use case against infantry/support weapons is to drive it right up to them (assuming no snare / AT) to negate cover and just watch the unit flail about or retreat.

On the point of and to expand on puma aimed shot, a vet 1 puma is THE best counter to a sniper you could possibly have.
12 Jan 2018, 05:51 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 02:02 AMTroyd

Aimed shot working against infantry was patched IIRC when penal flamers were removed over a year ago.
12 Jan 2018, 09:58 AM

I'll definitely try out Pumas some more if the situation warrants it. How do you think the Anti Infantry of the Puma compares to something like the the Stuart or AEC?

If you compare those three in terms of AI, I think it goes like:

Stuart > Puma > AEC

The Puma has some decent AI quality in terms of in 2-5 shots it might hit/kill a single target. Same goes for the AEC but it feels like it misses a bit more often. The Stuart is by far the best of the three as it might even wipe squads with a single shot if you're really lucky.

But in terms of usefulness, the Puma is the best as it is an amazing kiter and has a nice penetration that can even be dangerous to medium tanks and heavy tank's asses.

AEC on the other hand is just a Luchs and Flak HT hard counter and IMO not useful for anything else but maybe be a command vehicle.
12 Jan 2018, 10:25 AM

I find it funny when people say Puma is a great kiter while it´s accuracy is so bad that it hits like 1 out of 4 shots at max range. AEC has better AI then Puma too. Even though both are so bad vs infantry that it doesnt matter at all.
12 Jan 2018, 16:29 PM

If you compare those three in terms of AI, I think it goes like:

Stuart > Puma > AEC

The Puma has some decent AI quality in terms of in 2-5 shots it might hit/kill a single target. Same goes for the AEC but it feels like it misses a bit more often. The Stuart is by far the best of the three as it might even wipe squads with a single shot if you're really lucky.

But in terms of usefulness, the Puma is the best as it is an amazing kiter and has a nice penetration that can even be dangerous to medium tanks and heavy tank's asses.

AEC on the other hand is just a Luchs and Flak HT hard counter and IMO not useful for anything else but maybe be a command vehicle.

Puma is fairly pricey, and just delays a proper tank sadly. But currently OKW is on the strugglebus for decent AT cause Raketens die rediculously fast to anything, passing wind knocks em down.
12 Jan 2018, 17:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Aimed shot working against infantry was patched IIRC when penal flamers were removed over a year ago.

Guaranteed snipes on models. Decent chance of snipes on retreating models.
13 Jan 2018, 20:06 PM
Patrion 14

I find it funny when people say Puma is a great kiter while it´s accuracy is so bad that it hits like 1 out of 4 shots at max range. AEC has better AI then Puma too. Even though both are so bad vs infantry that it doesnt matter at all.

Its moving accuracy is meh - yes. But its stopping accuracy is great. So, you need to stop the vehicle before it fires it main weapon. It hardly misses in the "stopped state". Simply pressing the stop hotkey will apply the stopped accuracy, even if the vehicle is still gliding.

Even units bad at killing infantry are counters when there are no snares or AT around. I regularly use a puma to push off unsupported machine guns or British infantry.
13 Jan 2018, 20:09 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jan 2018, 16:29 PMKharn

Puma is fairly pricey and just delays a proper tank sadly. But currently, OKW is on the strugglebus for decent AT cause Raketens die ridiculously fast to anything, passing wind knocks em down.

I disagree, raketens are meant to ambush or be supporting AT. That means using your armor to bait people into raketens, decloaking then volleying, or camping a mine. They are not a long range pak wall. Additionally post patch they can't be suppressed. Don't forget the received accuracy bonus when retreating.
14 Jan 2018, 13:28 PM

ok...OKW need:

AA HT
Puma
2 raketen
volks
pios
jagdpz4
panther ...do deal with allies which blobb only one infnatery unit and later 2 TDs??

nice balance

Yeah.
14 Jan 2018, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2018, 20:09 PMTroyd

I disagree, raketens are meant to ambush or be supporting AT. That means using your armor to bait people into raketens, decloaking then volleying, or camping a mine. They are not a long range pak wall. Additionally post patch they can't be suppressed. Don't forget the received accuracy bonus when retreating.

Do you have lots of games 3x3 and 4x4? Or is the game made for 1x1 and 2x2 only? Only noobs they say so.
14 Jan 2018, 14:38 PM

And as the thread fills with more and more sophisticated and in-depth conversation about the nooks and crannies, the ins and outs of OKW AT and the more nuanced kind of discussion emerges, the thread creator and his baseless tantrums have gone silent, for he can't quite capture the spoken due to his limited sphere of apprehension.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★