Login

russian armor

AT weapons for OKW

8 Jan 2018, 15:21 PM

sure? i thought i read that they buiffed the arc and it can now shoot thorugh teran...was that revertet?

Collision was in DBP 1.3:
Raketenwerfer
To make the Raketen more reliable and consistent while bringing its stealth better in-line with other stealthed units, we've made the following changes:

Vet 1 speed bonus when stealthed reduced from +100% to +25%
Projectile now ignores terrain elevation
Raketenwerfer can no longer be suppressed

It is not in the patch notes. I have not check if it was implement or not.
8 Jan 2018, 15:24 PM

I've been on an OKW bender later, and they Raketen really does die fast. It gets to fire it's one shot from ambush and then dies. Retreating I've learned is largely useless as the crews always die while retreating anyways. Best use is to scout ahead.. which is silly.

It needs to benefit from green cover like other AT guns. Perhaps lock the camo behind a VET ability ? and you cannot move while ambushed. Keeps it with some flavor, but it's not a silly joke.

There's jut some things you don't fuck with in asymmetrical balance, and access to a proper AT gun is as crucial as access to proper MGs.
8 Jan 2018, 15:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 15:24 PMKharn
I've been on an OKW bender later, and they Raketen really does die fast. It gets to fire it's one shot from ambush and then dies. Retreating I've learned is largely useless as the crews always die while retreating anyways. Best use is to scout ahead.. which is silly.

It needs to benefit from green cover like other AT guns. Perhaps lock the camo behind a VET ability ? and you cannot move while ambushed. Keeps it with some flavor, but it's not a silly joke.

There's jut some things you don't fuck with in asymmetrical balance, and access to a proper AT gun is as crucial as access to proper MGs.

I think the idea for the faction has always been that they are supposed to have light vehicles fill these rolls, but that doesn't really work when you can't even get medics with your light vehicles

Also the raketen crew might have better recieved accuracy than volks recrewing it(.89 vs 1), so it starts a death cycle when the original guys die. It does have that bonus to start though which is nice, and possibly better than green cover considering many people say the AT gun cover doesn't apply often due to directionality.

Outside the box suggestion, What if the raketen only needed 1 guy in the crew, It might be quicker to get 1 dude to pick it up and reduce the risk of it getting 1 shot
8 Jan 2018, 15:52 PM

Please, no more shrek blobs. Why? Because Allied infantry (especially with Brits) with LMGs will just rape okw mid and late game. I will rather have a "tank buster" type squad than go back to cancerous shrek blobs.
8 Jan 2018, 15:52 PM

I think the idea for the faction has always been that they are supposed to have light vehicles fill these rolls, but that doesn't really work when you can't even get medics with your light vehicles

Also the raketen crew might have better recieved accuracy than volks recrewing it(.89 vs 1), so it starts a death cycle when the original guys die.

Yeah and if you're going for a Puma, you're probably in trouble. I need the Flak truck or the Luch to hold back the waves of infantry coming at me.. the Puma won't answer that immediate problem.

At least the Raketen can destroy lights reliably, but that's all it does for me :\

Someone mentioned putting the JP4 back into the medical building, that it's a very underused unit.... I use the JP4 in almost every game, it can fight SU85s reliably, and any other tanks. It's got a small target size, good penetration and almost never misses. When it vets, it gets really good too.. You just don't want a Panther engaging SU85's that much these days. But a JP4 can usually do well, the SU85 has problems hitting stuff anyways, and the JP4 shines at that!
8 Jan 2018, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 15:52 PMKharn

Yeah and if you're going for a Puma, you're probably in trouble. I need the Flak truck or the Luch to hold back the waves of infantry coming at me.. the Puma won't answer that immediate problem.

At least the Raketen can destroy lights reliably, but that's all it does for me :\

Ya I Think the puma is always what you need but not something you can afford to get unfortunately. Of course lategame pumas are riskier investments than other tanks so your still kinda stuck when your behind on fuel unless you go full fortifications bunkering down, but thats more stalling than winning.

I think the Jp4 is useful but ultimately its tough to not have any vehicles that can counterharass infantry so you need something else, and it can struggle against massed tds, ATGs when you only have 1. Not like you can afford a cheaper AI vehicle to take out infantry at if you go med into flak so its tough to support a Jp4 even though i really want one.
8 Jan 2018, 16:37 PM

I mean in addition to the changes to the raketen being less useless, perhaps they could work it around so that Sturms could equip 2 shrecks? Become dedicated AT squads?

4 Man Sturm

Anti Tank Upgrade Equip

Lose the ability to repair, and instead carry 2 shrecks into combat, significant drop in AI, but buff in AT. As it stands now, I dont think any vet bonuses help sturms in combat do they? I mostly read ones about repairing which kinda sucks because STurms are like.. your assault troops to deal w/ the con spam (at least thats how I use them now).

Another option I'd love, but probably be hated for is if the double shreck pack worked just like the minesweeper, you can put it away. Though, I would emphasize heavily on once you have the AT upgrade that it hurts your capacity to be anything else, bad repairs, no construction, etc. These are now AT units, not a versatile unit that can repair, shoot tanks, et.c... Otherwise you'll have a team that can repair tanks, and also fight off tanks fro myour tanks which is gonna be OP.

Currently with 1 shreck, it's not really viable and it's not scarey. They also aren't a good aim, take forever to shoot, and a 4 man squad (with received accuracy they have) gets torn up really fast. The good news would be perhaps with 2 shrecks you have a squad that can do some serious damage, while being bitch slapped if tanks do focus them (much like Pgrens).
8 Jan 2018, 16:39 PM

If you put the puma in the med truck and put the jpiv in the mech truck :thinking:
8 Jan 2018, 16:57 PM

Why not introduce double panzerschrecks as a new unit, replacement unit for ober or even upgrade for obers? Wehr wouldn't miss double panzerschrecks anyway seeing as they have pak40's and stugs. This would requite a rework of a few units tho but it's the best solution I can come up with.
This would also alleviate some pressure from sturms.

The problem with the raketen then would be it's range and survivability. Moving in stealth needs to go too.
8 Jan 2018, 16:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 16:39 PMRamps
If you put the puma in the med truck and put the jpiv in the mech truck :thinking:

Not a bad idea, the problem is that most light vehicles are AI, some with some decent AT.

T-70 can fight off the Luch usually, even though Luch is survival-able enough to escape.

Stuart, it may of been primary utility to fight other lights and even scale to fight mediums/heavy with its nice abilities but it can tear up infantry too.

AEC, this is very similiar to the Puma but I have seen it do some damage in terms of AI, and like the Stuart it has some utility when fighting mediums.

The Puma, to my recollection is horribly AI, but is probably the best AT out of all the lights out there. It does have an MG, and it does have a utility shot. But I think it's ...

A) Too expensive for what it does? and wouldn't be timed well?
B) Has almost no AI, or the worst AI out of all of these tanks which makes it unattractive when you also need to deal with infantry (which all the other lights can do in a decent capacity, tho much closer to the AEC in that front).

Puma would be used if it had some decent AI capabilities. Not enough to infringe on the Luch, but once you kill the Stuart, you now have a Puma which has nothing to do.. and the Stuart isn't that big of a loss.

Sorry, that kind of exploded into a big post.
8 Jan 2018, 17:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 16:39 PMRamps

This post isn't getting enough attention.
+1 approved
8 Jan 2018, 18:25 PM

I think Jp4 should be as start unit with ability to cap territory/
8 Jan 2018, 18:34 PM

Double shrek Obers will be a great idea!
8 Jan 2018, 18:47 PM

THE ONLY REASON i would change the atgun is cause of it's damn cloacking.. as an allied player i would love to see it changed but as an axis player it's a good if not verry good atgun.
8 Jan 2018, 18:50 PM

Double shrek Obers will be a great idea!

No, double shrek sturm is.
An handheld at squad that should be complementary to early at gun stuck into tier 4.
8 Jan 2018, 19:26 PM

Double Shreck sturms! Just nerf their engineer capabilities or something. Lock it behind unlocking the Flakk base ? or a 2nd truck?
8 Jan 2018, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 19:26 PMKharn
Double Shreck sturms! Just nerf their engineer capabilities or something. Lock it behind unlocking the Flakk base ? or a 2nd truck?

No and no, shrek must come at the same time of other handheld at, to complement at against light vehicles with subpar raketen.
No point in getting those when you already teched.
9 Jan 2018, 01:21 AM

I think okw is already way too similar to ostheer. Giving them pak40 like gun goes a long way into breaking uniqueness of factions even more. Honestly, I would definitely rather come back to shreck blobs with no snare than give okw another ostheer copy paste. There is no point in ballance if all that differs factions is their name.

So axis AT guns must be vastly different, but all allies get access to reliable long range AT guns that offer green cover and have identical damage, range, and arcs? :snfPeter:

Also, the CoH1 vanilla factions are arguably the best designed factions in all of CoH history. And guess what? They both have access to MGs, AT guns, mortars, and snipers. Look at PE and Brits - both gimicky, and hae access to NONE of the above.

Look at CoH2: best Faction designs are WM and Sov, and include the same units mentioned above. Even British design is relatively okay, and it has, again, almost all the tools as the other factions. It's only when you look at OKW and realize they have no mortar, no sniper, and no reliable AT gun do you realize the importance of having certain units being standard to all the factions. Uniqueness can be achieved through flavour units, ie, PzII vs T70 vs Stuart, or Firefly vs SU85 vs Jagdtiger etc... not Raketenwerfer vs Zis-3 or some other bizarre compariso.
9 Jan 2018, 02:49 AM

Dear god plz give PAK40 to OKW instead of Rakketten.

Coz as USF player I really wanna use AA HT safly

As SOv player M3 and M5quad.

PS having PAK as USF is so good as well.
9 Jan 2018, 06:26 AM

I don't agree with russianhamster in many points but I must say that I truly enjoyed okw much more before the unfortunate redesign it got, with most interesting features removed.

What designs you actually mean? I Personally miss times when mg 34 was doctrine unit, same with pnz 4 and kubel was your suppression platform. sure, modern design is more consistent as now they have always access to reliable medium tank and.... pretty weak mg that does its job. While lack of those earlier made it harder, i think those were thing that made okw unique, having lack of those units in your basic rooster and having some other unit in its place.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 114
unknown 8
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak