Login

russian armor

AT weapons for OKW

9 Jan 2018, 08:56 AM

The assymetric design can be good or bad and I think most people agree that in this case it is the bad one. The symmetric design is always bad. It greatly limits number of viable strategies, is boring and repetitive. That is why if you want to search for new design of okw AT, you need to think of some new ideas, instead of copying ostheer.

Disproves everything you said.

OkW needs a normal atg that can counter tanks. Allies and axis fanboys alike hate the rak, and no one has issue's with Zis, 6 pounder, pak40 and the m1 57 being alike.

9 Jan 2018, 10:02 AM

OkW needs a normal atg that can counter tanks. Allies and axis fanboys alike hate the rak, and no one has issue's with Zis, 6 pounder, pak40 and the m1 57 being alike.

Technically none of the forementioned AT guns are like each other. Each of them have access to unique abilities, and each of them have stats that have been designed to meld well with the rest of the faction.

Raketen on the other hand...
9 Jan 2018, 10:40 AM

I've been saying this since forever, just give us a Pak40. Case closed.
9 Jan 2018, 10:48 AM

I've been saying this since forever, just give us a Pak40. Case closed.

and a stug then we can call westeer.

Regardless of any changes RW has to be fix so that it performance become consistent.

One can start by removing cloaked movement and the buff the unit.
9 Jan 2018, 11:57 AM

I'd defiantly rather steal a pak40 over a Rak
9 Jan 2018, 13:56 PM

Technically none of the forementioned AT guns are like each other. Each of them have access to unique abilities, and each of them have stats that have been designed to meld well with the rest of the faction.

Raketen on the other hand...

.... has utility, like sneak capping, countering arty and running away.

The very qualities one seeks in Anti-Tank Guns...
9 Jan 2018, 15:37 PM

Nothing wrong with factions being homologous...

Much better term than asymmetry, IMO.
9 Jan 2018, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2018, 01:21 AMNosliw

Also, the CoH1 vanilla factions are arguably the best designed factions in all of CoH history. And guess what? They both have access to MGs, AT guns, mortars, and snipers. Look at PE and Brits - both gimicky, and hae access to NONE of the above.

Oh man, so true. Even with that in mind, just the composition, accessibility, pacing and timing of everything between those vanilla factions was refined as all hell. And so important for gameplay.

I remember day one looking at ostheers t1 and thinking "well that's going to cause problems".
11 Jan 2018, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2018, 16:58 PMKharn

Not a bad idea, the problem is that most light vehicles are AI, some with some decent AT.

T-70 can fight off the Luch usually, even though Luch is survival-able enough to escape.

Stuart, it may of been primary utility to fight other lights and even scale to fight mediums/heavy with its nice abilities but it can tear up infantry too.

AEC, this is very similiar to the Puma but I have seen it do some damage in terms of AI, and like the Stuart it has some utility when fighting mediums.

The Puma, to my recollection is horribly AI, but is probably the best AT out of all the lights out there. It does have an MG, and it does have a utility shot. But I think it's ...

A) Too expensive for what it does? and wouldn't be timed well?
B) Has almost no AI, or the worst AI out of all of these tanks which makes it unattractive when you also need to deal with infantry (which all the other lights can do in a decent capacity, tho much closer to the AEC in that front).

Puma would be used if it had some decent AI capabilities. Not enough to infringe on the Luch, but once you kill the Stuart, you now have a Puma which has nothing to do.. and the Stuart isn't that big of a loss.

Sorry, that kind of exploded into a big post.

and on top of this: puma will be penetrate by smal caliber like a pistole form infntery...thats really annoying
11 Jan 2018, 14:34 PM

Nothing wrong with factions being homologous...

Much better term than asymmetry, IMO.

A certain level of it is needed for sure..

I think suppression mechanics, and anti tank mechanics.. even snipers should all be accessible and decent for any faction.

Then we add in the spice with different unit types, tanks, etc. But being ill-equipped for a particular threat? that's shitty... and right now only OKW lacks these tools in a proper capacity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Korea, Republic Of 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment