Login

russian armor

HMG-34 in DPP

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
7 Nov 2017, 03:58 AM

It's a 230 MP HMG that suppresses nearly as well as a MG42 - it serves it's purpose. I've played the preview patch and it works just as fine as it does now (because literally nothing has changed except for the crew). I seriously doubt the crew shooting at long-max range in the live game adds a significant amount of damage anyway so why is it's DPS suddenly an issue?. It's a 230MP HMG... it shouldn't do a lot of damage regardless because you buy it for the suppression not the damage.

Feel free to post the video of your test (or you know provide details, because firing at Tommies at max range behind green cover doesn't mean a whole lot). Frankly the whole "can't suppress Tommies for 8 minutes" sounds like extreme hyperbole because if the MG34 was that bad now we would know about it. Yes the MG-34 doesn't do a lot of damage, yes it has trouble vetting up as a result, but it doesn't need to do damage or vet up quickly to do it's job. I'm sure they could lower the Vet requirements and that would be fine but that's about it.

Finally someone here understand the reason why build MG-34 !!!
7 Nov 2017, 06:12 AM
Donator 33

I tested the MG-34 a while back. Aside from killing power, their suppression is roughly the same in most cases, aka one burst. Note this is a suppression test, not a killing power test.

TY for posting the facts, seems legit able to do its job.
7 Nov 2017, 06:52 AM

their suppression is roughly the same in most cases, aka one burst.

Add some quite common yellow cover then.
It will never ever suppress in a decent amount of time.
7 Nov 2017, 07:00 AM

The way I try to make sense of OKWs horrid team weapons cost/damage ratio is that they use volks to overcompensate for their shit teamweapons. This idea would work if other factions, primarily USF didn't break this theory. Since USF has strong infantry as well as strong team weapons.

this!

And additional:

axis must deal with the mass infantery spam with better infantery than axis have...so OKW should get at leat something vs early mg spam...on so many maps you can easily make base lock vs OKW
7 Nov 2017, 08:52 AM
Donator 33

Add some quite common yellow cover then.
It will never ever suppress in a decent amount of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfZx-ViRjog

K
7 Nov 2017, 08:55 AM

Can we limit the new threads Vipper can make? seriously? they are all regarding Axis units so far or fears of overbuff on allied ones...

The MG34 has 0 indented purpose to be high damage. It suppresses perfectly fine. Id take a damage nerf on the Vickers to suppress any day.

The whole point of the DBP is to get feedback and the point of this thread is to provide that feedback. Actually we already have established that there is a "bug" (mistake) in Conscripts DPS values.
So I really see no reason to limit the number of threads, unless a moderator ask me to.

A unit that does little damage has little chance of gaining veterancy.

MG34 in live does not have high damage, it has low damage yet with patch the mg team will probably lose something like 25-35% far DPS which makes little sense.

Can you PLS test the HMG34 in the DBP and share your experience.

If in your opinion a allied unit has been overnerfed or an axis units overbuffed pls me let know which one and I will be happy to test.
7 Nov 2017, 08:57 AM
Donator 33

The test just there, its in the DBP. Suppresses and kills the squad in yellow cover without dying. So problem is? Purpose of the MG was never damage so the issue is?
7 Nov 2017, 09:06 AM

The test just there, its in the DBP. Suppresses and kills the squad in yellow cover without dying. So problem is? Purpose of the MG was never damage so the issue is?

2 and 40 second to kill a single squad is yellow cover, while losing 2 members, is that in your opinion a satisfactory performance?

You want to try it vs green cover and see what happens?

Once more units that do no damage do not get veterancy.

Can you explain pls why in your opinion the MG34 in live deserves a nerf in DPS? Was it doing too much damage? Does the change actually make the unit more balanced?
7 Nov 2017, 09:08 AM
Donator 33

Are you sating MG's should be killing units when your opponent uses green cover?

The MG did the job of an MG, it suppressed the squad, it did the bonus of killing it, while in no cover itself. Seems fine to me.
7 Nov 2017, 09:09 AM
Donator 33

Id mention that it acquired vet 1 from the engagement as well. with DBP stats.
7 Nov 2017, 09:13 AM

Are you sating MG's should be killing units when your opponent uses green cover?

The MG did the job of an MG, it suppressed the squad, it did the bonus of killing it, while in no cover itself. Seems fine to me.

Little damage means that one can leave his squad taking fire for 1 minute or more and have the time one needs to flank, mortar, or counter the HMG any other way he likes with little to lose.

Once more in your opinion does MG34 in live have too much damage and deserves a nerf?
7 Nov 2017, 09:16 AM
Donator 33

In my opinion as stated for DBP, it seems to be fine lol. If an MG wiped a squad so fast that you could kill a squad and re-face for a flank like you seem to be implying that would be a bit silly. 1 MG isnt meant to stop flanks either thats why its a support weapon.

Videos seem to show it does its job, what job would you like it to do?
7 Nov 2017, 09:22 AM

In my opinion as stated for DBP, it seems to be fine lol. If an MG wiped a squad so fast that you could kill a squad and re-face for a flank like you seem to be implying that would be a bit silly. 1 MG isnt meant to stop flanks either thats why its a support weapon.

Videos seem to show it does its job, what job would you like it to do?

Imo a hmg should make players think twice before attacking a hmg frontally and allow them to act as spotters for their mortar.

It clear that in your opinion the unit is fine. Noted.

Thanks for testing the unit and sharing your experience.
7 Nov 2017, 09:37 AM
Donator 33

The unit performs its role as a suppresion platform in live and the DBP very well yes.

As for the notion of a supressed squad not spotting for a mortar i think your fighting against the very concept of COH 2 engagments with that thought. An MG in this games doesn't need high damage to do the work of allowing you to task an infantry unit to make the enemy squad retreat or die, also making them cease spotting for your MG and allow it to relocate. Combined arms is king and nerfs to DSHK are in line with sorting out the 1 unit does all problem.

I don't see how high damage MG34 compared with its proposed stats for DBP would offer anything "needed" just make for lazy "place and forget" play styles that have plagued the game in versions current and past.
7 Nov 2017, 12:50 PM

The unit performs its role as a suppresion platform in live

Except it doesn't. No one who has used the mg34 thinks it's usefull, everyone who has used it regrets buying it.

And here we are, discussing yet another nerf to it.
7 Nov 2017, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
you guys realize doctrinal MG-34 was even more crappy. Jesus, and people played meta with this.

I think reducing Vet. requirements would be nice.
7 Nov 2017, 13:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfZx-ViRjog

K

Here, it shoot at mid range from 0:06 to 1:09 before being able to supress the squad.

@Miragefla same as mg42 ?

This is BS, and test both hmg in green cover to see more bs. :huhsign:
7 Nov 2017, 13:29 PM

you guys realize doctrinal MG-34 was even more crappy. Jesus, and people played meta with this.

Doctrinal mg34 used to be good when it had 4 damage.

Then they slashed the damage is half for 15% more suppresion and the mg34 was never usefull again.
7 Nov 2017, 13:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Note that there was a time on which the MG34 was stronger than the MG42 because Relic and this is why it was meta.
7 Nov 2017, 15:19 PM

funny thing is once rifles and penals get to vet 3, mg34 doesn't even get a chance to suppress. Double bren IS Blobs wiping mg42/34 faster than it can even suppress still happens btw.

Either give it another suppression buff or more damage, currently it makes more sense to just build more volks to contest the map.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS