Login

russian armor

HMG-34 in DPP

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
5 Nov 2017, 10:01 AM

Changes:
Fixed an issue where OKW starting weapon crew stats were superior to other faction weapon crews, and on-par with mainline infantry

After testing the weapon in long ranges imo it need to be look at. In my test walk into HMG-34 with conscript squad and managed to walk into green cover in a range around 36. The HMG managed to suppress the squad and pin it after a couple of minutes (probably due to model out of cover).

After the first couple of conscripts died and incremental accuracy stop kicking in the weapon was so ineffective that the conscript squad stopped being pined and even suppressed. It took about 6 minutes of continues fire to take out the conscripts.

During a similar test with 4 Tommies (target size 0.8) instead of conscript (Target size 1.087) things went far worse with HMG-34 unable to pin or even suppers after 7.5 minutes of continues fire.

In addition the crew has the highest reinforcement cost of all HMGs at 25 while being the cheapest.
6 Nov 2017, 00:25 AM

It's not use dude, the problems with the Raketenwerfer and MG34 fall on deaf ears.

I keep telling people that the MG34 is probably one of the shittiest MGs in the game and needs to be T0 instead of requiring another HQ truck and they keep looking at me like I'm sort of tin foil hat wearing mad man.
6 Nov 2017, 01:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

6 model squad get's more suppression than 4/5 models which seems it's practically the same. If you make the same test with MG42 and compare it with Rifles/IS you'll notice the difference (just make a cheatcommand test with both units on cover and with invulnerability so you see the suppression values).

Reinforcement cost for the MG34 performance is not worth the cost.
6 Nov 2017, 09:31 AM

It's not use dude, the problems with the Raketenwerfer and MG34 fall on deaf ears.

I keep telling people that the MG34 is probably one of the shittiest MGs in the game and needs to be T0 instead of requiring another HQ truck and they keep looking at me like I'm sort of tin foil hat wearing mad man.

It doesn't require a tier 0 deployment, it requires
1) a decent dps that allows it to vet up
2) better oppression
3) normal reinforcement cost
6 Nov 2017, 10:10 AM

Last time I asked them (which was during glorious maxim days) they said the MG34 is only slightly worse than the mg42 and was superior to the maxim.

There is no hope with these folks mate.
6 Nov 2017, 10:24 AM

6 minutes of fire to kill a conscripts squad FFS.
Since they are so fond of "fixing" OP stuff like jadgtiger and stuka dive bomb they could at peast fix UP stuff...

Don't bitch about volks/panzerfus into luchs if those 2 builds are the only viable for OKW....
6 Nov 2017, 10:41 AM

I build HMG when play as OKW mainly for need Suppression platform against superior Allies Heavy infantries play (Penals and Rifleman), not for slaughter infantries like other first minuit HMGs.

Add more powerful T0 HMG to OKW arsenal might turn them too strong in early game (the already have strong early game with Strumpioneers,Kubel and Volks spam).
6 Nov 2017, 10:52 AM

Last time I asked them (which was during glorious maxim days) they said the MG34 is only slightly worse than the mg42 and was superior to the maxim.

There is no hope with these folks mate.

This.

This so much.

It's so much this it hurts.
6 Nov 2017, 11:27 AM

Damage per bullet:
hmg34=2
Hmg43=4
maxim=4
Vickers=4
Dshk=10
m2hb=16

It will also be helpful if we had any idea on what the new DPS is for the crew.

6 Nov 2017, 11:37 AM

I build HMG when play as OKW mainly for need Suppression platform against superior Allies Heavy infantries play (Penals and Rifleman), not for slaughter infantries like other first minuit HMGs.

Add more powerful T0 HMG to OKW arsenal might turn them too strong in early game (the already have strong early game with Strumpioneers,Kubel and Volks spam).

This, make it decent in suppression and dps and keep it tier 1, stumrpioneers are supposed to be okw early game, but have issues scaling and dealing at min 0 with allies rifles and penals.
Given repair rate nerf and huge popcap + kubel nerf, fixing scaling and making them more resilient in early game (0.8 RA, like panzergrens) would give other options over volks/kubel to mech.
6 Nov 2017, 12:05 PM

Along with original crew DPS drop, there comes a reinforcement cost decrease. From 25MP to 22MP per model. The quality of the patchnotes is not up-to-par. Thus, can you please also test your claims in game, before making a new thread about each issue?

In terms of suppression, yes. Unless MG34/MG42 get bit by the suppression bug which the DBP fixes.

If you are picking a live-version Maxim over a live-version MG34, I'm sorry, but you're clueless.
6 Nov 2017, 12:35 PM

If you are picking a live-version Maxim over a live-version MG34, I'm sorry, but you're clueless.

What a joke...so you would choose a MG32 instead a Maxim??

This mean: you could get the MG34 as sovjet in Minute 4-5....

in this time of game its nearly useless...thats the big joke from Mg34
6 Nov 2017, 12:36 PM

Along with original crew DPS drop, there comes a reinforcement cost decrease. From 25MP to 22MP per model. The quality of the patchnotes is not up-to-par. Thus, can you please also test your claims in game, before making a new thread about each issue?

I can confirm that reinforcement cost is at 22 the same as HMG-42 and more than Dhsk at 20, still too high.

I did test HMG34 in the game but missed the reinforcement cost change, will try to do better next time. Can the people making the patch notes try to make them a bit better? Imo the most annoying thing about the patchs Relic made in the past was the "ninja" changes like this one.

Maybe move the change from "bug" to balance in the patch notes?
6 Nov 2017, 13:39 PM

Wow, this thread attracts all the CoH2.org Axis fanboys like light attracts moths.

It's quite funny how Vipper uses the crew nerf as an argument to buff the MG itself.
6 Nov 2017, 13:51 PM

It's quite funny how Vipper uses the crew nerf as an argument to buff the MG itself.

Vipper highlighted a big issue with hmg-34.
Ironically, nerfing the crewmen rifle means nerfing hugely the total dps of the hmg.
It has subpar dps, it will be even FAR worse, and shit suppression, deployment time, and is the most expensive mg thabks to the extreme bleed of 25 mp per model.

If the crews get nerfed both raketen and hmg needs buff, especially given that the first has no green shield and the latter fire rubber bullets.
6 Nov 2017, 13:52 PM

Wow, this thread attracts all the CoH2.org Axis fanboys like light attracts moths.

Have you tested the HMG34 in the DBP? what are your thoughts on its performance.

What is actually funny is that crew in live has actually more DPS at far range than the gun itself.
Thus reducing the crews DPS one actually reduces the performance of the gun itself.
Have you tested the HMG34 in the DBP? what are your thoughts on its performance.
6 Nov 2017, 14:40 PM

I don't understand... the crew's DPS has nothing to do with the performance of the MG-34 as a HMG/suppression platform - in that regard it's performance is the same. If you are setting up your HMG by itself and relying on the Crew's DPS to force retreats then you're doing it waaay wrong. I don't see how this justifies OKW basically getting 3 extra Volksgrenadier models along with their support support - it'd be like someone bitching about the live version Maxim now and suggesting that the crew gets buffed to Conscript levels to compensate.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS