Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
1 Dec 2017, 23:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

We'll try to fix those issues. What can we do about skins though? I'm not familar with them. Which skins are those?

Call community skinmakers for help? For example:
Starbuck: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048389202
Georider: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007357146

Also Opel Blitz for OKW doesn't has skins too.
1 Dec 2017, 23:46 PM
Donator 22

Suggestions
Ostheer's Supply drop
Instead of a PaK 40 how about a Pak 36. I made a quick demonstration to show what I mean

It is exactly the same as the M42 but both receiving some buffs.
Damage increased to 120 from 80 (a bit different in the video)
-this would make 400 health units die in 4 hits while 640 health die in 6.
-The veterancy one ability as shown would snare an engine like a faust but only doing 100 damage does not change the number of hits till dead afterwards.

I really like this idea. Right now the supply drop is just a bit too good for just 450 manpower. Having a Pak36 would work quite well because its good enough to survive till t3 if you want to skip t2 and the snare ability seems also fun. From a realistic standpoint, the real pak36 looks almost identical so that's also fine. (Bonus point, Osttruppen and Pak36 fits thematically very well) And it seems like you transferred the pak40 voice lines. I can't remember if there are any pak40 related ones so this should be fine too.
It's definitely worth a try in my opinion.
1 Dec 2017, 23:49 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

@Mr. Smith @Miragefla Why not change the airlanding officers "Heroic Charge" which gives +75% RA bonus and sprint to all effected squads. One of the ultimate teamgame tools that a lot of people don't know about.
2 Dec 2017, 00:26 AM

@Mr. Smith @Miragefla Why not change the airlanding officers "Heroic Charge" which gives +75% RA bonus and sprint to all effected squads. One of the ultimate teamgame tools that a lot of people don't know about.

You mean more nerfs than that?

Vanguard Officer
To bring the Heroic Charge ability's value better in-line with its intended performance and cost, we've made the following changes:

Heroic Charge ability shares cooldown with gammon bomb
Heroic Charge ability Received Accuracy bonus changed from -75% to -20%
Heroic Charge cost increased from 15MU to 30MU
Officer now has the same target size as his followers
If the player already has an officer the logistics glider will ferry a Commando squad instead

2 Dec 2017, 00:49 AM

...Really going to implement MP40 volks as a doctrinal upgrade in feuerstorm?

NotLikeThis

:guyokay:
2 Dec 2017, 01:10 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You mean more nerfs than that?

nope missed that. :p
2 Dec 2017, 02:02 AM
Patrion 26

...Really going to implement MP40 volks as a doctrinal upgrade in feuerstorm?

NotLikeThis

:guyokay:

This is pretty much how I feel about the 76mm Sherman.
2 Dec 2017, 10:42 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Maxims + AT rifle cons + ML20 is a very potent combo in teamgames. Whether it's too strong I can't say but it might be quite dominant on narrower maps.

Example:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/66206/2v2-dbp-v1-6-1-usf-sov-vs-ost-okw

Luftwaffe doesn't seem to offer very much, perhaps a more radical revamp?

RE. Flame hetzer
Cost and CP increase would be helpful here. More concerned about its retreat wiping strength, which is considerable.

usf mortar HT
Strength isn't so much synergistic as opposed to its pinpoint accuracy and ability to strip squad HP (from full health squads) and wipe weakened squads very reliably. results in having to play extremely cautiously with squads (can't cap even after winning fights, squads go into combat and have to retreat very quickly for fear or instant death, etc). Not enjoyable gameplay

76mm Sherman
increasing HP would make it overlap with the ez8 and dozer upgraded sherman even more. If its meant to be a mobile tank hunter that you amass and throw in to trade for axis armor perhaps something more unique would fit this role.

Minedrop
S-mine like ability would be good (though potentially even stronger bc retreat wipes). maybe lower lethality slightly to compensate

Greyhound
4CP is a good starting point.
2 Dec 2017, 12:11 PM
Patrion 39

@OP super handy when you add the new patch version notes to the original post ;)
2 Dec 2017, 12:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Edit: scratch that, outdated bug report
Phy
2 Dec 2017, 13:42 PM

Kinda like all commander revamps. Specially USF ones. They may need a bit of tweaks, but overall they diversify USF play. Good job there!

However OKW commander revamps look a bit poor. Feuesturm is okish,but nothing new at all besides the opel truck, which may encourage blobs btw.

Luftwaffe doctrine revamp is very disappointing. Nothing new, nothing interesting, no motivation to pick the doctrine in any situation. Nerf to falls is a bad idea, the rework of other abilities is just MEH. I can't think in any situation where feuesturm (urban city scenario) and fortifications (defensive play) are not better options than luftwaffe. This revamp won't make the commander picked more often I'm afraid. A thread in coh2.org should be opened in order to adress this failure.
2 Dec 2017, 14:05 PM

Mechanized USF is very cool, maybe too cool! Remove the mortar and put the 155mm barrage back on CP. It becomes too OP on teamgame when the T3 arrives around CP5...

On the games I played vs CPU, bodies were disapearing right after being killed.

I heard a "Reco package is ready" kind of from a riflemen I completed the reinforcement while I wasn't playing with the reco commander.
2 Dec 2017, 14:45 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I do not know if it's a bug or not, but the 'hit the dirt' ability only pivots the member that is in the is inside, the other members are stuck and have rare positions.
2 Dec 2017, 16:50 PM

Any chance airborne company can get a bit of attention? It doesn't need a rework, but the manpower costs for airdropped paras/mg/at gun are ridiculous, particularly compared to recon's para combat group. Recon gets a para squad + an at gun for 325mp + 60mu on top of 4 other nice abilities, while airborne needs to pay 650mp for the same 2 units (and that takes up 2 of airborne's commander abilities). That's pretty ridiculous. My suggestion would be something like this:

2cp: mg drop 260mp -> 190mp (even if you reinforce with res, you still pay 30mp more to account for skipping tech, which seems reasonable)

3cp: para drop 380mp -> 325mp (if recon support gets a para squad + an at gun for 325mp, airborne should be able to get a para squad by itself for 325mp)

4cp: at gun drop 270mp -> 200mp (see mg drop notes)

This way, para + at gun costs 525mp, which is a lot more reasonable when compared to recon support's 325mp+60mu.
2 Dec 2017, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2017, 16:50 PMRetief
Any chance airborne company can get a bit of attention? It doesn't need a rework, but the manpower costs for airdropped paras/mg/at gun are ridiculous, particularly compared to recon's para combat group. Recon gets a para squad + an at gun for 325mp + 60mu on top of 4 other nice abilities, while airborne needs to pay 650mp for the same 2 units (and that takes up 2 of airborne's commander abilities). That's pretty ridiculous. My suggestion would be something like this:

2cp: mg drop 260mp -> 190mp (even if you reinforce with res, you still pay 30mp more to account for skipping tech, which seems reasonable)

3cp: para drop 380mp -> 325mp (if recon support gets a para squad + an at gun for 325mp, airborne should be able to get a para squad by itself for 325mp)

4cp: at gun drop 270mp -> 200mp (see mg drop notes)

This way, para + at gun costs 525mp, which is a lot more reasonable when compared to recon support's 325mp+60mu.

The P47s and Pathfinder Buffs help this Commander a lot.
Remember Support Paratroopers don't have Demos or access to Thompsons and Tactical Assault.
2 Dec 2017, 18:35 PM

Remember Support Paratroopers don't have Demos or access to Thompsons and Tactical Assault.

Sure, but normal paras don't have access to mines or super zooks.

Seriously, recon support can call in a combat group, crew the at gun with the para squad, reinforce the gun up to a full crew, and suicide the remains of the para squad for less manpower than it costs airborne to call in an at gun and crew it with REs (353 vs 370). If the recon support player wants to reinforce the para squad back to full instead of suiciding it, they end up getting an extra elite infantry squad for a grand total of 67mp and 60mu more than what airborne paid for just an at gun. That's just not right. Maybe my suggested numbers are a bit too aggressive, but something really needs to change.
2 Dec 2017, 18:48 PM
Donator 11

@OP super handy when you add the new patch version notes to the original post ;)

I guess they decided that since all of the links are the same, there is no need for adding more of them. Still, I think it would be better if that was written in the opening post since it might not be obvious to everybody.
2 Dec 2017, 22:53 PM

Permanently Banned
I want to add,

Buff OKW mech. repair station abilitie, since sturm's repair is nerfed, it would be logical to buff mech. repair, since it's a paid feature.
2 Dec 2017, 23:26 PM

I kinda think it would fit better with the commander and unit if the recon support paratroopers had a short range upgrade (maybe something like g43s or just the good ol thompsons) instead of the 1919s, as to me they seem sort of like harassment units, seeing as they have mines and good recon support.
2 Dec 2017, 23:28 PM
Donator 11

I kinda think it would fit better with the commander and unit if the recon support paratroopers had a short range upgrade (maybe something like g43s or just the good ol thompsons) instead of the 1919s, as to me they seem sort of like harassment units, seeing as they have mines and good recon support.

Like buffed "elite" BARs? :hyper:
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 46
Germany 11
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W