Login

russian armor

For Mother Russia is one hell of a drug

22 Aug 2017, 05:44 AM

If this thread goes to Scrap Yard I understand, since it's technically about an ability but it's just kind of an opinion post, not serious analysis or anything. But anyhow.

Is there any better feeling than activating For Mother Russia?

Shocks just absolutely terminate any infantry, zero exceptions. If you have an unupgraded m5 follow somewhat behind, then you can take advantage of the full ability duration because the Shock's innate armor combined with the For Mother Russia buff means they will drop models very rarely when fighting so you only need dip into reinforcement range shortly before reversing the m5 at a safer distance. Running into an MG normally spells the end of your For Mother Russia spree since throwing a smoke nade doesn't solve the problem of them being supressed for a long time, however you can have the m5 scoot forward and the Shocks hop in and ideally the m5 lets them out right behind the arc of the MG.

Meanwhile Penals are running around at full speed sticking satchels on everything they can find. Normally Panthers that are already engine damaged can still run away from Penals because their speed is just enough that Penals cannot stay in sticky range long enough to get satchels on. For Mother Russia totally changes this, and even allows Penals to somewhat reliably swarm heavies with multiple satchels.

And 100 muni is quite affordable for the impact it can have, especially since it lasts quite long you can really get a lot out of it.

Please help I can't play any other doctrine atm because I'm too addicted to For Mother Russia.
22 Aug 2017, 08:33 AM

That's probably the only useful thing from that doctrine.
22 Aug 2017, 08:41 AM

I had a teammate in a 2v2 use this tactic. He then run into an Ostheer anti infantry mine field with the little signs with 4 of his penal squads. That was the end of it lol...
8 Sep 2017, 09:29 AM

My B4 sniped a PzIV tho ._.
8 Sep 2017, 10:35 AM

So I'm wondering why I see so many people use the scout plane? Or shock troops? Or the KV-1 tank? Along with mother Russia. And if it's against double OKW, givin the map, you will see a b4 built since it can't be destroyed by air.

That's 4/5 abilities minimum that are in reliable usage. Beats most other commander ability usage, from all factions.

Don't get "picking a commander due to 1 ability" mixed with "only useful thing from that doctrine"
8 Sep 2017, 11:29 AM

Overpowered bullshit is always addicting.
8 Sep 2017, 13:38 PM

you will see a b4 built since it can't be destroyed by air.

I do not own the commander - why can't the B4 be destroyed via air?
8 Sep 2017, 14:16 PM

I do not own the commander - why can't the B4 be destroyed via air?

If double OKW they don't have any abilities that is a sure thing to destroy the B4, such as Stuka dive bomb.

But now that I think of it OKW would have to use the artillery (can't think of the name but it destroys all enemy units within the UI) provided it has LOS via flares. And if I remember correctly the ammo combined would add up to be 360~
8 Sep 2017, 14:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If double OKW they don't have any abilities that is a sure thing to destroy the B4, such as Stuka dive bomb.

But now that I think of it OKW would have to use the artillery (can't think of the name but it destroys all enemy units within the UI) provided it has LOS via flares. And if I remember correctly the ammo combined would add up to be 360~

Zeroing artillery from fortifications doctrine, that plus special operations recon flares. Pretty cheesey since you can't stop either of them.
8 Sep 2017, 16:43 PM

Zeroing artillery from fortifications doctrine, that plus special operations recon flares. Pretty cheesey since you can't stop either of them.

Yea that's the one that I was thinking of. And it's simple to stop the zero artillery, you simply leave the circle?? The time it takes for that ability to actually do some damage is quite a bit.! Only gives sim city a well deserved ass wooping. Nothing better then forcing a brace then using the two after brace has worn off and watching a noobs city get destroyed in a matter of seconds.
9 Sep 2017, 00:34 AM

Pretty cheezy that it required 2 specific doctrines and is useless against anything that can move.

Planning ahead and going two specific doctrines and saving up a lot of munitions, isn't a big enough of a deterrent to not build arty vs OKW teams.
9 Sep 2017, 02:19 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Pretty cheezy that it required 2 specific doctrines and is useless against anything that can move.

Planning ahead and going two specific doctrines and saving up a lot of munitions, isn't a big enough of a deterrent to not build arty vs OKW teams.

Inaccessiblity is no excuse for "1 click, I win" abilities. I.e. Demos, Stuka dive bomb.
9 Sep 2017, 02:37 AM

Inaccessiblity is no excuse for "1 click, I win" abilities. I.e. Demos, Stuka dive bomb.

Well, in this case it would be "2 clicks, we win". Which is (not) surprisingly more challenging than "1 click, I win" to accomplish.

That said, OKW Spec Op flares really should've been replaced with rifle flares.

Or trip wire flares. :megusta:
9 Sep 2017, 06:57 AM

You can do the same for 260 munnition - 60 for flares, 200 for feuersturm doc stuka offmap
9 Sep 2017, 07:05 AM
Senior Editor Badge

That said, OKW Spec Op flares really should've been replaced with trip wire flares. :megusta:

Dear God, no.

FMR is a fun ability. I don't think I have that commander but it sounds like a fun time.
9 Sep 2017, 07:33 AM

Dear God, no.

FMR is a fun ability. I don't think I have that commander but it sounds like a fun time.

Fun is subjective and relative to the situation. Turn it around and have terminator penal squads running at you with armor bonuses at full retreat speed satchelling and wiping everything.
9 Sep 2017, 07:48 AM

Fun is subjective and relative to the situation. Turn it around and have terminator penal squads running at you with armor bonuses at full retreat speed satchelling and wiping everything.

+1

The ability is BS and you'r spot on about the penals lobbing satchels and wiping shit left and right.

Too much focus on "Fun Abilities" aka "cheese" to invite the simple of mind.
9 Sep 2017, 10:19 AM

Imo having doctrinal hard counter to simcity is actually a good thing.
9 Sep 2017, 14:00 PM

You can do the same for 260 munnition - 60 for flares, 200 for feuersturm doc stuka offmap

Sorry been so long since I seen that commander, seems to me that a single B4 results in 2 commander picks for OKW as well to counter.. seems legit
9 Sep 2017, 15:51 PM

Sorry been so long since I seen that commander, seems to me that a single B4 results in 2 commander picks for OKW as well to counter.. seems legit

Or use a Kubel, I often buy a 210 mp kubel, drive with it next to corner of a map and once I´m behind enemy lines I rush b4/ml20 with kubel, call in 200 munnition arty there and kill it. Kubel may or may not survive afterwards.

You trade 210mp and 200 munny for 600 mp but at least you don´t need to pick 2 commanders, only 1 ;)

EDIT: To prove executability of this strat, I used this 3 times in row against zarok, he built total 3 ml20s and all of them were kubelrushed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 305

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment