8%
19%
18%
18%
Total votes: 415
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Aug 2017, 14:33 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

I know in the Poll are Crossing in the woods, westwall, Road to Kharov, Semoski Winter and Kholodny Winter missing. There is a Reason.

So pls do your 3 Votes in each poll 1.

(Because i think its not possible that people have more Votes for a poll on this forum)
5 Aug 2017, 14:45 PM

Halbe: too open, too much red cover for already fragile infantry. All action focuses on the central road, with little left for behind the frontline.

Bryansk Forest: Too large for meaningful engagements - the longitudinal distance between VPs is so long that a few engagements can decide possession of VPs and adjacent resources for long spells during the game, instead of being constantly contested.
5 Aug 2017, 16:01 PM

Caen, bryansk and La Gleize seems to be the most hated map.
What are you going to do with these results ?
5 Aug 2017, 16:11 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Caen, bryansk and La Gleize seems to be the most hated map.
What are you going to do with these results ?

Have a talk with Kyle next week.
6 Aug 2017, 03:25 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

How is Lost Glider not winning?
6 Aug 2017, 04:43 AM

Don't remove Crossing it's a pretty good map.
6 Aug 2017, 04:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2017, 03:25 AMTobis
How is Lost Glider not winning?

The only issue of the map, in my experience, is the unkillable Church in the middle.
Other maps have a lot more issues than that.
6 Aug 2017, 09:24 AM

Lost glider is one of the better maps, it has it flaws like the center VP acting as a cutoff :mellow:

I'd also like to see the 2v2 maps in the 1v1 map pool getting fixed, meaning each side only has 1 spawn location so you longer risk getting that shitty spawn which is far away from everything <444>_<444>

As for my votes:

Minks Pocket
  • Too big for 1v1
  • Retreating units run a half marathon to get back to base
  • Poor design - the middle is open but littered with small obstacles - left side consist of 2 narrow corridors

Brynask Forest
  • the top right of the map is red cover hell
  • The bottom left consist numerous choke points and sight blockers. it just feels cramped

I would vote for westwall :help:
for these reasons

westwall
  • All the garrisons near your base/cutoffs!
  • The map seems so big and open and with these annoying tank traps across the map

So instead my vote goes to
Halbe
  • The middle has so much negative cover

Semoski is also a great candidate because of all the garnisons and some armies lack of flamethrowers plus the natural choke points.

Caen... those cutoffs far from your base :loco:

Kholodny, I've always felt the left side had an advantage since they spawn much closer to the middle and its VP.

Angoivlle, loved this map in vCoh. not so much in coh2 mostly because of the garrison at the cutoff in the south. You better spend those extra seconds getting some wires up.

La Gleize Breakout, is errr.... I just don't like the middle VP area. Probably because of all the garrisons there.

Langreskarya :wub:
6 Aug 2017, 09:24 AM

The only issue of the map, in my experience, is the unkillable Church in the middle.
Other maps have a lot more issues than that.

Green cover everywhere, shot blockers everywhere (cqc funfest), not enough strat points, stone garrisons that cover base exits and cut-off of the entire map on both sides, grindfest in the middle after 20 minutes because flanking is impossible and the searching sound plays in a loop on this map.

This map is called Lost Veto for a reason.
6 Aug 2017, 09:39 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Lost glider is one of the better maps, it has it flaws like the center VP acting as a cutoff :mellow:

I'd also like to see the 2v2 maps in the 1v1 map pool getting fixed, meaning each side only has 1 spawn location so you longer risk getting that shitty spawn which is far away from everything <444>_<444>

As for my votes:

Minks Pocket
  • Too big for 1v1
  • Retreating units run a half marathon to get back to base
  • Poor design - the middle is open but littered with small obstacles - left side consist of 2 narrow corridors

Brynask Forest
  • the top right of the map is red cover hell
  • The bottom left consist numerous choke points and sight blockers. it just feels cramped

I would vote for westwall :help:
for these reasons

westwall
  • All the garrisons near your base/cutoffs!
  • The map seems so big and open and with these annoying tank traps across the map

So instead my vote goes to
Halbe
  • The middle has so much negative cover

Semoski is also a great candidate because of all the garnisons and some armies lack of flamethrowers plus the natural choke points.

Caen... those cutoffs far from your base :loco:

Kholodny, I've always felt the left side had an advantage since they spawn much closer to the middle and its VP.

Angoivlle, loved this map in vCoh. not so much in coh2 mostly because of the garrison at the cutoff in the south. You better spend those extra seconds getting some wires up.

La Gleize Breakout, is errr.... I just don't like the middle VP area. Probably because of all the garrisons there.

Langreskarya :wub:

Thx.

And i can't write here much , but what I can say: Have Trust in the Community and the people who are working for it :)

So pls wait little bit :)
6 Aug 2017, 10:35 AM

It seem like Tric and mapmakers said all community 1v1 maps are not the correct version or they already fix their own maps, but LELIC did not update them .
6 Aug 2017, 21:02 PM

Green cover everywhere, shot blockers everywhere (cqc funfest), not enough strat points, stone garrisons that cover base exits and cut-off of the entire map on both sides, grindfest in the middle after 20 minutes because flanking is impossible and the searching sound plays in a loop on this map.

This map is called Lost Veto for a reason.

I rather veto stuff like Camping in the Woods, Langreskaya or La Gleize (screw winter maps) than Lost Glider.
7 Aug 2017, 02:11 AM

Why u touching Halbe, its such a great map - big open, not some fckin braindead buildings. Its variaty, Im tired of same old city maps, where u can't use your sniper properly (saying this as mainly okw player).

Dont fckin touch Halbe u morons, same for westwall. I finally got some great fckin maps, with few shotblockers and u want to take em out.
7 Aug 2017, 04:10 AM

Halbe: too open, too much red cover for already fragile infantry. All action focuses on the central road, with little left for behind the frontline.

Bryansk Forest: Too large for meaningful engagements - the longitudinal distance between VPs is so long that a few engagements can decide possession of VPs and adjacent resources for long spells during the game, instead of being constantly contested.

+1

I don't like caen either because the design of cutoffs and resource distribution is wonky and tends to lead to more running around and playing single-squad whack-a-mole on squads trying to cut you off or take your fuel/muni rather than meaningful engagements.
7 Aug 2017, 07:50 AM

I rather veto stuff like Camping in the Woods, Langreskaya or La Gleize (screw winter maps) than Lost Glider.

As a USF only player, that makes sense, but for those who play all factions, Lost Veto is a lost veto (no judgement).
7 Aug 2017, 09:01 AM

The only map I usually veto everytime is Minsk Pocket.

I don't get why so many people love this map. The northern spawn has an absolutely stupid cutoff on the left after the remake.

But the worst thing on the map is the collection of small trees and bushes that block every kind of vision for any MG or PaK. As Ostheer and Soviets, with only facing AT (no turrets or Paks), this map is literally hell.
7 Aug 2017, 09:19 AM

As far as I know Relic just needs to update the current maps on rotation to the fixed versions that the map makers have submitted months and months ago.

Talk to Kyle about that Sturmpanther.
7 Aug 2017, 20:08 PM

The only map I usually veto everytime is Minsk Pocket.

I don't get why so many people love this map. The northern spawn has an absolutely stupid cutoff on the left after the remake.

But the worst thing on the map is the collection of small trees and bushes that block every kind of vision for any MG or PaK. As Ostheer and Soviets, with only facing AT (no turrets or Paks), this map is literally hell.

First mod I made removed sight blocking properties to a lot of trees and bushes specifically because of minsk pocket. The map actually felt functional as a result. There are so many wonky inconsistencies with map objects blocking sight and shots it's kinda maddening.
8 Aug 2017, 02:33 AM

First mod I made removed sight blocking properties to a lot of trees and bushes specifically because of minsk pocket. The map actually felt functional as a result. There are so many wonky inconsistencies with map objects blocking sight and shots it's kinda maddening.

I agree. Its not obvious what blocks sight sometimes. Mappers should almost agree to follow some rules like stick dead tree branches in the hedgerow objects that block sight. And arent there two sets of trees that look identical. Some block some dont. I could be wrong. And dont get me started on that row of dead sticks that is a sight blocker even though it looks like you can walk right thru it (looking at you Rhzev Winter):) So many times you look and like 2 guys are shooting and the other 3 are smoking a cig cause they cant see anyone. I know L2P.
8 Aug 2017, 05:58 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Multiple trees (both large and small), hedges, scrub objects, and many many more share multiple instances in the worldbuilder, with the primary difference being cover given and LoS.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 14
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %