Login

russian armor

FBP Update v1.2

PAGES (8)down
4 Aug 2017, 22:24 PM

Because you cant camp with usf, i didnt test it yet but i will see

And because you literally don't even need to pay attention to the leig at all in order for it to kill stuff due to its range. Keeping it safe is another matter, but again, it's range and the fact that you're going to have a battlegroup hq as a strongpoint makes that easier.
4 Aug 2017, 22:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

How about looking at panther for once?
Why is he avoided like a plague? Is really a pakhowie more important unit to look at than panther atm? Can someone atleast give a comment why are u guys happy about panthers place in the game?
Ost is so tedious to play, from start to finish. From grens to panther, i need to follow religiously same strat over and over if a want to have a chance at winning.

1. Scope

2. If the panther is overbuffed even in the smallest amount it'll ruin teamgames even farther into axis favor.
4 Aug 2017, 22:30 PM

1. Scope

2. If the panther is overbuffed even in the smallest amount it'll ruin teamgames even farther into axis favor.

Panther is already really good in teamgames especially if it gets vet.

And yeah, scope.
4 Aug 2017, 22:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

How about looking at panther for once?
Why is he avoided like a plague? Is really a pakhowie more important unit to look at than panther atm? Can someone atleast give a comment why are u guys happy about panthers place in the game?
Ost is so tedious to play, from start to finish. From grens to panther, i need to follow religiously same strat over and over if a want to have a chance at winning.

As Wehrmacht you have acutally the best units to swich your strats! Hf to play different style as brit or USA. Oh wait...

Wehr and Soviet have the most possibilities to swich strats because of their units.

4 Aug 2017, 23:24 PM

I don't understand why relic have so much hate toward vanilla faction, it's really frustrating. :(

-Cons need a rework urgently ! They are to much RNG, an infantry can't be viable in teamgame if they hit nothing at mid/long range.

-Grens need up, maybe pop decrease or 5 men squad upgrade in T4.

-Soviet mortar still throwing water bomb.

-I'm ok with Stug G nerf but only if you increase slightly Panther accuracy (only the OST one).

-Panzer 4 need a slight up.

-OST tech cost is really too expensive.

Now even USF are getting closer and closer to the same overpowered level than Brit and OKW in teamgame.
4 Aug 2017, 23:50 PM

Permanently Banned
First RIP wermach, later RIP okw. Make the game looks starcraft idiot moves. Now RIP coh2. And coh3 is a no buy for sure.
5 Aug 2017, 00:54 AM

Fixed an issue where demo charges would deal double damage if detonated by weapons’ fire.

Wow, never thought it will be fixed changed because relic ignored this for years.
5 Aug 2017, 02:09 AM

USF
Jackson

Based on feedback from the community we are readjusting the Jackson. With these changes, we aim to reinforce Jackson’s use as a slugger and dive-in unit, to give the USF faction a late-game boost. In exchange, the unit’s cost is being increased and accuracy being reduced to prevent the Jackson from taking on all AT roles in the USF’s roster.

Health from 600 to 640
Cost from 380/135 to 400/145
Accuracy from 0.06/0.05/0.03 to 0.055/0.04/0.03
Far penetration from 180 to 200.

lol surveymonkey.

640 health. Same as their Sherman. Better far penetration, no change in far accuracy. How is that supposed to prevent the Jackson from taking on all AT roles? If players use Jacksons the same way they currently do, as many likely will because it's how the unit functions best (using it's superior sight and range and damage), the only prevention I see is the delay in timing due to the increased cost.

At least they made adjustments to Brace so it's only 20 seconds too long instead of 30. :P I mean hey, broken watches are right twice a day, right?

Guys every medium TD has 640 hp. Only the jackson not.

...The StuG and M10 Wolverine not count?
5 Aug 2017, 07:54 AM

Guys every medium TD has 640 hp. Only the jackson not.

And every* medium TD does 160 damage. Why not make the Su-85, Stug and Jp4 do 200 damage as well? Why does the m36 get to eat its cake and have it too?
5 Aug 2017, 08:52 AM

And every* medium TD does 160 damage. Why not make the Su-85, Stug and Jp4 do 200 damage as well? Why does the m36 get to eat its cake and have it too?

it has 60 range as drawback!:p
5 Aug 2017, 09:10 AM

In FBP M36 combines highest moving accuracy, one of highest speeds and range 60, thus being able to kite the majority of enemy vehicles. Since its HP has gone up something has to give.

If nothing else its speed needs to go down.
5 Aug 2017, 09:13 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Pls guys show me / us replays, where you get a vet Jackson vs Axis tanks in lategame.

Maybe than we can see / understand your point.
5 Aug 2017, 09:34 AM

Pls guys show me / us replays, where you get a vet Jackson vs Axis tanks in lategame.

Maybe than we can see / understand your point.

This is an unfair retort, instead of explaining why the m36 now has the best of all worlds, you are trying to dissuade further conversation by making your opponents go through work.
5 Aug 2017, 09:40 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

This is an unfair retort, instead of explaining why the m36 now has the best of all worlds, you are trying to dissuade further conversation by making your opponents go through work.

You know that we make this for free? In our free time! So were is the fairness to us?

Instead of just reading the patchnotes and write here: Test and play the mod!

And USA has no other tank for lategame. Axis have J4p, ele, JT, vet panthers, panzergren with shreks, pak40 etc

Its really funny that all are only afraid of the jackson. Because now USA has 1 TD who is not useless.

Jackson still lose 1vs1 vs a j4p on vet 0 already. On vet 2 J4p get Ho boost so its even more ez for j4p.
And wehrmacht has tellermines, pak40, shreks if you don't like a cheap stug. I mean look at the fuel prize jackson vs stug.

5 Aug 2017, 09:52 AM

Guys, could you kindly take the Jackson discussion to this thread:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/62610/fbp-m36-jackson-discussion

PS: For anybody wondering:
- the team weapons affected by vetgate/suppression bug are: MG42, MG34, Vickers, PM41, USF&OST 81mm mortars
(basically all suppress-able weapons that don't suffer from the deathloop syndrome).
- Stun nade bug affects all team weapons (including AT guns) equally
5 Aug 2017, 10:08 AM

You know that we make this for free? In our free time! So were is the fairness to us?

Oh im sorry, I guess since youve volunteered your time, us common folk don't get a say in what gets changed.

Jackson still lose 1vs1 vs a j4p on vet 0 already. On vet 2 J4p get Ho boost so its even more ez for j4p.
And wehrmacht has tellermines, pak40, shreks if you don't like a cheap stug. I mean look at the fuel prize jackson vs stug.

Is this how you are actually measuring the effectiveness of the m36? Vs the JP4? WTF

Newsflash. The JP4 is Supposed to beat the m36 since

A) The Jp4 has no turret so will always lose if its not a head on fight.

B) Has kinda crappy pen and accuracy which makes it struggle vs heavy tanks.

If you buff the m36 to the point where it beats the Jp4 in a head on fight, exatly what is supposed to be the jp4s tradeoff for having no turret and low maneuverability?

On vet 2 J4p get Ho boost so its even more ez for j4p.

Its things like this that make me really doubt your credibility.

Earlier in the thread you justified the 600 -> 640 HP buff by saying that 4 shots @ 160 damage a piece will both kill it at both 600 or 640 HP.

Well guess what?

the Jp4 having 640 Hp at vet0/1 and having 800 HP has no bearing on how hard it is to kill with a M36. After all it takes 4 shots to deal 640 damage and 4 shots to deal 800 damage. Its pretty much what you said before to justify the m36 HP buff.
5 Aug 2017, 10:37 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Oh im sorry, I guess since youve volunteered your time, us common folk don't get a say in what gets changed.

Is this how you are actually measuring the effectiveness of the m36? Vs the JP4? WTF

Newsflash. The JP4 is Supposed to beat the m36 since

A) The Jp4 has no turret so will always lose if its not a head on fight.

B) Has kinda crappy pen and accuracy which makes it struggle vs heavy tanks.

If you buff the m36 to the point where it beats the Jp4 in a head on fight, exatly what is supposed to be the jp4s tradeoff for having no turret and low maneuverability?

Its things like this that make me really doubt your credibility.

Earlier in the thread you justified the 600 -> 640 HP buff by saying that 4 shots @ 160 damage a piece will both kill it at both 600 or 640 HP.

Well guess what?

the Jp4 having 640 Hp at vet0/1 and having 800 HP has no bearing on how hard it is to kill with a M36. After all it takes 4 shots to deal 640 damage and 4 shots to deal 800 damage. Its pretty much what you said before to justify the m36 HP buff.

If you want we can discuss this more in the jackson thread. But not here!
5 Aug 2017, 11:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Comments-

Soviet howitzer (ML20) didn't need AOE buffs
It was already good when you could get it, just that you weren't normally in a position to do so because of manpower costs. Perhaps a new meta might emerge if unchanged. Teamgames will likely be even more heavily affected than 1s.

^wherein a single ML20 outduels two LEFHs with a little bit of vet.

Luchs meta vs soviets is even stronger now that you can push right past penals without upgrade. Makes T1-T2 builds easy to run rings around.

^OKW flamenade / healpack / stg / luchs steamroller mullered this opening, even with zis(es) on the field. LEIG cost change was noticeable and good, makes backteching more attractive than simply getting flak up. Can't speak for performance though, not close enough at that point to observe any difference.
5 Aug 2017, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Aug 2017, 00:54 AMHater

Wow, never thought it will be fixed changed because relic ignored this for years.

This was actually a pretty cool bug feature. You could do quite funny stuff with it. Get rid of cancerous OKW buildings or build an instant killing 120 ammo mine.

Changes like that make the game more dull to be honest.
5 Aug 2017, 12:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

No demo+ mine kills full HP Panther anymore

FEELSBADMAN :banned:
PAGES (8)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %