Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
6 Jul 2017, 19:21 PM

20% is fine early game, but you have to consider RE only deal damage through their gun upgrades. They also have worse survivability than Rifles and lack grenades along with snare. Rifles also have 30% weapon accuracy when they get to level 3 on top of another hit of RA.

They only can get 1 weapon and a sweeper now from the 2 weapons with a sweeper. Unlike the other engineers, RE generally don't do as much building or support due to vehicle crews so they'll be fighting more.

Do note RE were never worth 200 and Volley-Fire only had one use and that was against Ostheer pioneers who decided to close the gap at max range rather than backing away when the ability activates.

Besides, I think people would prefer not having to go Rifle, Rifle, Rifle every game to hold ground outside of certain strategies which intentionally avoid fighting until an officer arrives.

They are also one of the worst infantry in terms of cost effectiveness. They cost the same to reinforce as volks.
6 Jul 2017, 19:30 PM

They are also one of the worst infantry in terms of cost effectiveness. They cost the same to reinforce as volks.

They do? I thought Volks costed 23 and REs 25.
I'm however glad Rifle Company REs will now be able to get a sweeper and a flamer at the same time, cute buff for an overnerfed Commander.
6 Jul 2017, 19:40 PM

I'm however glad Rifle Company REs will now be able to get a sweeper and a flamer at the same time, cute buff for an overnerfed Commander.

Both are 25. Eh that's actually pretty useful. Still would like to see riflemen fire up not have debuffs. There's already so many no consequences sprint abilities in the game; cons have it, jaegers have it and assault nades lol, the russian army can have it at the same time, etc.
6 Jul 2017, 20:29 PM

Both are 25. Eh that's actually pretty useful. Still would like to see riflemen fire up not have debuffs. There's already so many no consequences sprint abilities in the game; cons have it, jaegers have it and assault nades lol, the russian army can have it at the same time, etc.

Only fat Amerikaners get tired after sprinting!
That never made much sense to me, but it's starting to fall into place, if you go Rifle Co you don't need LT's sprint skill, since you got Fire Up making it a Captain Commander then you rush an E8 with an ATG pseudo Wehrmacht Style.
6 Jul 2017, 20:44 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Raketenwerfer
- Can no longer be suppressed
- Moves at full speed if detected while cloak ability is active (QoL)
- Accuracy increased from 0.06/0.05/0.04 to 0.06/0.0516665/0.043333 (to match other AT guns)

OKW has a role AI/AT Inf mobile (Volks/SP) and they use their camo rakete and if maybe they went into a arc of mg is suppressed, now this is not happening. The other factions have to drag throughout the game your ATgun, the raketen simplement press retreat. Rakete and M42 ATGUN would be suppressed.
6 Jul 2017, 22:31 PM

+25% damage means little considering RE have horrible accuracy, even with veterancy unless the target is in front of you.

Tell that to the Kubel...

Furthermore, Volley-Fire requires munitions and you need to be still you properly use it, along with the fact you're taking more fire and suppression only kicks in after 5-7 seconds.

volley fire can be used from garrison with great affect. It becomes even better if you RE are equipped with a weapon.

Volley fire as an ability so far has been either too good or useless. Imo it should be (like many other abilities) an ability that scales with veterancy.

Check your base line:
Combat engineers cost 170 RE cost 180
CE worse DPS no combat ability RE "volley fire"
Veterancy:
'Trip Wire Flares' ability
+20% accuracy, +62.5% repair rate
No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +15% accuracy, -15% cooldown

Rear Echelon Troops
+20% accuracy
+50% repair speed , -23% received accuracy, -20% weapon cooldown
Increases the squad's size to 5
better veterancy for RE

Now add the weapon upgrades for RE and the ability to equip weapon and sweeper and for 10 MP the units is far more cost efficient.
7 Jul 2017, 01:25 AM

+25% damage means little considering RE have horrible accuracy, even with veterancy unless the target is in front of you.

Then why implement it at all? The only units it really affects are the kubelwagen, 222s, and increases the RNG effect due to their said horrible accuracy. It's your mod, do what you will with it, but I think vipper does have a point with the kubel, especially if the kubel is OKW's starting unit. (I'm guessing this is a direct result of that?)

Rear Echelon can't lay mines, their flamethrowers (now that they get them) are doctrinal, and all USF vehicles except for the Calliope and Pershing have vehicle crews to repair. They can't even lay sandbags. Though they can place tank traps, those aren't necessarily the best thing to litter the map with as an army of medium tanks.

These are the reasons Rear Echelon aren't the most viable unit. Wouldn't it be worth exploring addressing those issues?

Have you considered giving Rear Echelon access to the Assault Engineer mines? Have you considered locking it behind the minesweeper upgrade? You could even make the minesweeper a sort of demolitions package that gives them a form of demo, or even that british cover destroyer despite my loathing of that ability's concept. Mines are key, and RE's inability to lay them always felt curiously crippling.

They'd be good candidates for an upgrade that increases repair/build speed and grants them the repair vehicle critical, and then scrub it from vehicle crews altogether. They could even make sandbags. Mutually exclusive from minesweepers/mines, of course. It'd give them that unique viability that you might want an RE squad nearby for.

In my opinion if the if RE carbines are to be combat viable instead of all this, they should drop down to a 3 man squad. Give them flamethrowers stock and change doctrinal flamethrowers to one of the passive rifle upgrades. Either vet 2 or 3 would be appropriate for the 4th man.
7 Jul 2017, 01:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Then why implement it at all? The only units it really affects are the kubelwagen, 222s, and increases the RNG effect due to their said horrible accuracy. It's your mod, do what you will with it, but I think vipper does have a point with the kubel, especially if the kubel is OKW's starting unit. (I'm guessing this is a direct result of that?)

We didn't implement that. It's been in the game in for awhile. Vipper's referencing a change awhile back and stating they are now too cheap at 180 despite maintaining the 25% damage and the boost to Volley-Fire.

If we were to add anything, it'd be those light M7 mines that temporarily slow vehicles on hit after an officer hits the field.
7 Jul 2017, 02:25 AM

Then these threads get confusing. :p

Anyway, I'd forgotten about those mines. Those the ones that could be stacked on top of each other once upon a time? It might be interesting. Point is, tweaking RE's viability I think resides somewhere in repairs, mines, and fire, much like they do for CEs, Pios, mostly Sturms, and kinda Royal Engies.
7 Jul 2017, 03:03 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I'd say rifle company is one of the best balanced commanders in the game. Aside from fireup which I'd buff slightly. It is other commanders that utilize callins that put this commander to shame unfortunatly. Something that will hopefully one day be fixed.
7 Jul 2017, 17:26 PM

Detecting a stealth change here. Were the OKW given back their Sturmpioneers as a starting unit?
7 Jul 2017, 18:14 PM

Detecting a stealth change here. Were the OKW given back their Sturmpioneers as a starting unit?

Yeah. We reverted that change yesterday. However, there was some miscommunication between Miragefla and I as to when the new version was to be released, hence we didn't post the notes.

We wanted to see whether simply rebalancing the kubelwagen would be enough to prevent snowballing to Luchs.
7 Jul 2017, 19:10 PM

We didn't implement that. It's been in the game in for awhile. Vipper's referencing a change awhile back and stating they are now too cheap at 180 despite maintaining the 25% damage and the boost to Volley-Fire.

If we were to add anything, it'd be those light M7 mines that temporarily slow vehicles on hit after an officer hits the field.

Just out of curiosity, how come after they hit the field? All other factions can lay their comparatively heavier mines right out the gate (except for brits because sappers are t2 of course), which only really has dubious usefulness, since most people just save muni for weapon upgrades when they tech up and mines are really expensive in the early game anyway.
7 Jul 2017, 20:36 PM

OKW has a role AI/AT Inf mobile (Volks/SP) and they use their camo rakete and if maybe they went into a arc of mg is suppressed, now this is not happening. The other factions have to drag throughout the game your ATgun, the raketen simplement press retreat. Rakete and M42 ATGUN would be suppressed.

m42 cant retreat tho dude, if u can retreat u should be able to get suppressed
7 Jul 2017, 20:58 PM

Oh well, I guess OKW needs a few of their crutches back to be playable.
7 Jul 2017, 22:10 PM

Seems the British have got changed too in this patch.

Brace decreased to 5 Seconds (Way too short IMO, Zeroing Artillery will decimate all emplacements and render them totally worthless. 10 - 15 seconds would be more reasonable).

Bofors DPS took a nerf but it isn't worthless.

Mortar Pit comes with one Mortar at 200 Manpower but can be upgraded to have a second for 150 Manpower. Auto Fire decreased to 80 and Barrage seems to remain the same. Sigh... Can't win them all I suppose. But having a cheaper mortar is nice.

17 Pounder 375 Manpower and 45 Fuel. 14 Pop Cap.

Bren Carrier has shared Veterancy.

Forward Assembly no longer gives garrison bonuses but can be upgraded with Medics. It can also call in 25 Pounder strikes with far greater range than before.

Infantry Sections cost Decreased to 260 and can only be armed with one Bren Gun. They also allows come out as four man sections to start with, even after being upgraded for five.

Commando Glider cost decreased to 420 and Commando's Light Gammon nerfed.

Churchill Croc Flamethrower range is... very short. Probably at 20 range. Damage also took a hefty hit. So a double whammy nerf. BUT range goes up when you hit Vet 3 to what looks like 30 Range. So I'm happy anyway.

Just to name a few that I noticed through gameplay.

EDIT: Oh! EFA Revamp 2.0 up. :P
7 Jul 2017, 23:33 PM

EFA Revamp 2.0

OKW
- Sturmpioneers return as OKW's starting unit
- starting resources return to their original value

Brits

EDIT: We're aware that some text is missing from certain UKF abilities due to a bug.
7 Jul 2017, 23:42 PM

Brace
Our changes to Brace make it so the ability can no longer be used to deny flanks and absorb mass amounts of damage. Instead, it is an ability that can be used to prolong the emplacement’s lifespan against off-maps and indirect fire.

- Duration reduced from 30 to 5
- Recharge time reduced from 75 to 60
- No longer increases emplacement armor
- Now also reduces incoming damage to garrisoned squad by 75%

I would love to know how exactly you accomplished this. The Brace ability has so many weird nuances to it that all I could ever do is change the duration, but I also couldn't be sure if any of the effects of Brace actually being influenced. As in, the duration timer would work fine, but I couldn't tell if the actual effects of brace were still lasting 30 seconds or not.
7 Jul 2017, 23:46 PM

I would love to know how exactly you accomplished this. The Brace ability has so many weird nuances to it that all I could ever do is change the duration, but I also couldn't be sure if any of the effects of Brace actually being influenced. As in, the duration timer would work fine, but I couldn't tell if the actual effects of brace were still lasting 30 seconds or not.

The damage reduction modifier is wrapped directly under self_start_actions. This means that when the ability terminates, the effect is gone. Thus, simply changing the duration will affect just what you are trying to achieve.

You can grab the mod source files from here:
https://github.com/xxpatch/consmod

Brace decreased to 5 Seconds (Way too short IMO, Zeroing Artillery will decimate all emplacements and render them totally worthless. 10 - 15 seconds would be more reasonable).

Now that you've found what we've been working on :P

The 3rd ingredient to our emplacement changes is that you can use pack-up when things become too dangerous (e.g., oversaturation of rocket artillery in the field, etc). Then, you can set up a singular mortar pit with 1 mortar to use for smoke barrages and the occasional harassment. I don't think anybody is going to bother focusing-down on a 200MP mortar pit by that point in the game.
7 Jul 2017, 23:48 PM

Sure thing. The main thing was I could not for the life of me get the recharge timer to change.

I was going for a 3 second duration, 10 second recharge in my mod. All I could get was 3 second duration with the 75 second recharge. :D
PAGES (30)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Russian Federation 49
Germany 827
Russian Federation 25
Netherlands 20
Netherlands 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W