Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
3 Jul 2017, 18:39 PM

Then remove it as a starting unit. I can see what your trying with the kubel, its a nice idea but that doesn't mean its the right/best one. Having the sturms starting was not a problem in the first place.

I can admit it is a problem on garison heavy maps... but in the open focus fire cuts them down fast. They have one of the smallest effective ranges of any unit outside of shocks and unless they get the drop on you are easy to fend off.
3 Jul 2017, 18:42 PM

How bout to give jackson heavy crash?
3 Jul 2017, 18:48 PM

Kite cuz it can out range infantry squads? Kite cuz it can effectively fire on the move and keep its gun on the enemy and do enough damage? you clearly have no idea how this unit works, sounds to me like you've never in your life even played OKW

Kite as in don't sit there like a dumbass and let REs get up close. Kite as in keeiping it at max range means that 2 armor still deflects plenty of shots. You can fire a burst and move, it's a lot faster than infantry and they made the pathetic moving burst duration much longer.
3 Jul 2017, 23:18 PM

Kite as in don't sit there like a dumbass and let REs get up close. Kite as in keeiping it at max range means that 2 armor still deflects plenty of shots. You can fire a burst and move, it's a lot faster than infantry and they made the pathetic moving burst duration much longer.

lol, when reversing the kubel fires very slow bursts (sometimes not at all) and does practicality 0 damage, kiting is ineffective with this unit, if u played OKW u'd know. ANd when i was talking about rear echelons i was not talking about close range engagements, i was refering to mid range combat with no cover
3 Jul 2017, 23:59 PM

lol, when reversing the kubel fires very slow bursts (sometimes not at all) and does practicality 0 damage, kiting is ineffective with this unit, if u played OKW u'd know. ANd when i was talking about rear echelons i was not talking about close range engagements, i was refering to mid range combat with no cover

Kubelwagen:
- Moving burst from 0.1 to 0.75. Moving cooldown from 0.125 to 0.675
4 Jul 2017, 01:19 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Kubelwagen:

Moving bursts are generally only used when intentionally chasing or retreating. Otherwise you're going to be stationary so you don't receive the debuff. The kubel will still have limited value and the map will influence it far more than the standard infantry squad. The unit itself is asymmetrical yes, but so long as kubel spam remains effective against USF it'll be gimmicky.
4 Jul 2017, 02:43 AM

Kubelwagen:

Yeah.

And I do play okw, Alphrum. I have a couple of friends who prefer axis, so while I prefer ost, I do also end up playing okw plenty. I also use a kubelspam to pfusies strat when I'm feeling cheesy, so I know exactly how rubbish they are in live on the move, but I also know they're way faster than infantry and are rng magnets because of high (for small arms) armor and mediocre health. There's also no rule that says you aren't allowed to stop and fire a burst when you kite either, that's how you're supposed to use ost panther. And echelons comfortably lose to everything else in the game so why should they not be able to beat kubels in a certain situation? They're of comparable cost.
4 Jul 2017, 04:42 AM

Loving USF with this mod as it feels they're stronger against OKW and doesn't feel like a chore from start to finish. Love the fact USF can go with more builds now.

Pack Howitzer feels great and acts like a mobile artillery piece as it should be and punishes camping or very defensive players.

Sherman feels more or the less same.

Jackson is very powerful now with its HP buff allowing it to chase down enemy tanks. Honestly even with its HP buff enemy medium tanks can trade with it due its slower reload at vet 0.

Recon Commander looks to be another viable choice with airdrop buffs and changes.

RE are properly costed now and with volley fire buff can defend against lone squads flanking. By the way does Volley Fire apply quicker with BARs? If not then if equipped with one BAR they could as another way to compliment defending support weapons.
4 Jul 2017, 06:31 AM

Jackson is very powerful now with its HP buff allowing it to chase down enemy tanks. Honestly even with its HP buff enemy medium tanks can trade with it due its slower reload at vet 0.

Its not a trade its a monopoly because the PZIV has less sight, less range and less mobility. The PZIV can bee kited all day long and there is very little it can do about it.
4 Jul 2017, 06:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 06:31 AMVipper

Its not a trade its a monopoly because the PZIV has less sight, less range and less mobility. The PZIV can bee kited all day long and there is very little it can do about it.

You're probably doing something wrong if a Jackson is kitting your PZIV.

----

I'm also agreeing the Kubel as starting unit is probably an issue for OKW. In a meta where you must occupy strategic houses and cap critical points early on, the kubel can't hold the line, use cover or garrison. You also can't wire strategic covers before getting your first ST.
If you meet enemy forces with your kubel that early (let's say they push you and find your kubel) you end upstuck with a low life kubel you can't anymore use and you are forced to build a 300mp unit to repair it. If your second unit was Volks, your are a bit doomed already.

Imo, ST as a first unit is okay, the problem to me is how the kubel was resilient to small arm fire early game. With the armor value drop, players should not be able anymore to use it to soak damage while they push with the ST.
4 Jul 2017, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 06:51 AMEsxile

You're probably doing something wrong if a Jackson is kitting your PZIV.

----

Yea it only has 15 more range, more mobility and more sight...
4 Jul 2017, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 07:07 AMVipper

I mean you don't use a tank to counter a tank destroyer or there is something I miss.ed
4 Jul 2017, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 08:41 AMEsxile

I mean you don't use a tank to counter a tank destroyer or there is something I miss.ed

I responded to this very specific comment:
.. Honestly even with its HP buff enemy medium tanks can trade with it due its slower reload at vet 0.

Pointing out that the PZIV can not trade with M36 because it will be kited.

I also have explained in a number of post why in my opinion M36 does not need the accuracy buff it received and why it should actually receive a accuracy nerf.

No one should not use a tank to counter a TD but on the other hand a stock TD should neither make medium tank obsolete.

Now if in your opinion the PZIV can trade with M36 feel free to explain.
4 Jul 2017, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 08:48 AMVipper

I responded to this very specific comment:

Pointing out that the PZIV can not trade with M36 because it will be kited.

I also have explained in a number of post why in my opinion M36 does not need the accuracy buff it received and why it should actually receive a accuracy nerf.

No one should not use a tank to counter a TD but on the other hand a stock TD should neither make medium tank obsolete.

Now if in your opinion the PZIV can trade with M36 feel free to explain.

I agree with you, the problem isn't about unit stats but USF having only one TD, you can't balance it vs PZIV + PZV + Tiger + KingTiger + SturmTiger + Elefant.
4 Jul 2017, 09:10 AM
Patrion 39

What's the premise for the IRHT change? Seems a bit relic nerf hammery
4 Jul 2017, 09:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 08:55 AMEsxile

I agree with you, the problem isn't about unit stats but USF having only one TD, you can't balance it vs PZIV + PZV + Tiger + KingTiger + SturmTiger + Elefant.

Not all faction have the same tools.

That argument might actually some water if USf had an issue dealing with PZIV in the first place and they do not.

In addition, I am not claiming that the M36 should not be able to fight the PZIV what I am arguing is that it should not be able to snipe it with 100% change to score a "natural hit" and penetrating it dealing 200 damage at max range, without the PZIV even having a change to fire back.

Heavy TD (Firefly, SU-85 and M36) should not make the PZIV obsolete or their time frame should be moved further back leaving some room to PZiV to breath.

Actually even the SU-76 with the buffed accuracy is now actually better than live at dealing with PZIV at max range.
4 Jul 2017, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 07:07 AMVipper

And has zero DPS against infantry, instead of p4.

Try backing your p4 with a pale gun and Jackson will turn into piece of metal.

You aren't using sherman against panther either ;)
4 Jul 2017, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 09:17 AMVipper

Not all faction have the same tools.

That argument might actually some water if USf had an issue dealing with PZIV in the first place and they do not.

In addition, I am not claiming that the M36 should not be able to fight the PZIV what I am arguing is that it should not be able to snipe it with 100% change to score a "natural hit" and penetrating it dealing 200 damage at max range, without the PZIV even having a change to fire back.

Heavy TD (Firefly, SU-85 and M36) should not make the PZIV obsolete or their time frame should be moved further back leaving some room to PZiV to breath.

Actually even the SU-76 with the buffed accuracy is now actually better than live at dealing with PZIV at max range.

In addition, I am not claiming that the elefant/Jagtiger should not be able to fight the sherman what I am arguing is that it should not be able to snipe it with 100% change to score a "natural hit" and penetrating it dealing 200 damage at max range, without the sherman even having a chance to fire back.
4 Jul 2017, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 11:15 AMEsxile

In addition, I am not claiming that the elefant/Jagtiger should not be able to fight the sherman what I am arguing is that it should not be able to snipe it with 100% change to score a "natural hit" and penetrating it dealing 200 damage at max range, without the sherman even having a chance to fire back.

I never claimed otherwise but the Elephant has 57,4% chance of hitting a Sherman at max range(70) and not 100% (as M36 has at vet 2). It also has far less mobility (so it can not kite),cost allot more, comes later and is doctrinal.

By vet 2 the M36 has more accuracy at max range than Elephant has at close...

(Elephant actually does 320 not 200).
4 Jul 2017, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 11:32 AMVipper

I never claimed otherwise but the Elephant has 57,4% chance of hitting a Sherman at max range(70) and not 100% (as M36 has at vet 2). It also has far less mobility (so it can not kite),cost allot more, comes later and is doctrinal.

By vet 2 the M36 has more accuracy at max range than Elephant has at close...

(Elephant actually does 320 not 200).

And what? It cannot kite but it can 2 shot a sherman. It has much more range than a M36. M36 and elefant have their own specificities but the same logic you apply to the M36 applies to those big cats.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS