Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
14 Jul 2017, 10:39 AM

Double Vickers-K, with the current stats, and without the stupidity of the Scoped Enfields toning them down would create unstoppable A-move blobs.

DP-28 is a safer option because we already know that double-DPs are not -too- powerful.

It just isn't worth the time required to figure out how to limit DP-28's to one when picked up from the ground; that, or figuring out how to solve all the race conditions that might arise if you try to donate DP28's directly to a squad.

Also, I don't think relic would appreciate if the halftrack system was scrapped. The halftrack is, potentially, the #1 reason why people might have paid money for this commander (as opposed to just going Vanguard).

Vickers K being and DP for twice the price makes little sense...

The solution for picked up weapon is to have the penalties and bonuses (like ostruppen/conscripts) apply to all units. Drop-able weapon are balanced around mainline infantry lower quality troops get penalties elite get bonuses.

The half-truck system makes sense only if the penalties/bonuses is implemented, else it should be scrapped.

The current armour bonus is OP, which is why it was toned down.

Penalties while repairing can be messed at-will (e.g., EFA Vet3 bonus), without affecting the combat potency of the unit.

scrap armor lower penalties then.
14 Jul 2017, 11:02 AM

The solution for picked up weapon is to have the penalties and bonuses (like ostruppen/conscripts) apply to all units. Drop-able weapon are balanced around mainline infantry lower quality troops get penalties elite get bonuses.

I don't think the solution to balance is to add another convoluted layer of rules and subrules for each droppable item for a each unit. You'd end up with balance-hell and weird rules as seen in CoH1 with the targeting tables. And this massive amount of work would only be for specific moments within the game. It wouldn't even be fun to balance, or to play, and it'd be more of a step back.
14 Jul 2017, 11:37 AM

Crap... I used to like to blob around with triple Penals each with double Vickers.
14 Jul 2017, 12:56 PM

Crap... I used to like to blob around with triple Penals each with double Vickers.

Wow, I thought I was the only one.
14 Jul 2017, 13:11 PM

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

It's good to have a friend who own Brits DLC, eh?
14 Jul 2017, 17:12 PM

what is your plan for rifles spamming at early game ?
14 Jul 2017, 17:16 PM

what is your plan for rifles spamming at early game ?

Easy, nerf rifles and make ambulance spam the only viable option for usf t0. Seriously, what else are you even supposed to make?
14 Jul 2017, 19:00 PM

It could be an idea to try. However, messing with DPS curves is very messy. It took us a lot of effort to test new Conscript DPS curves before we felt confident with releasing the mod.

The new Tommies click just fine when fighting vs OKW. There's flanking both ways going on, and it doesn't look like the Battle of the Blobs.

In the interest of making UKF vs OKW not feel like USF vs OKW, I'd rather Brens not require being stationary. Sapper Brens are already kinda in-between, in that the DPS is concentrated in shorter bursts making relocating a bit less punishing.

If Tommies are to remain a low-combat utility unit, this means they need to beat infantry head on (unless outmicro'ed). To prevent A-moving Bren blobs, I think that the current implementation of the cover penalties system is better; Enfields remain reliable for the early game, and Bren-blobs don't become the next A-move thing.

Double Vickers-K, with the current stats, and without the stupidity of the Scoped Enfields toning them down would create unstoppable A-move blobs.

DP-28 is a safer option because we already know that double-DPs are not -too- powerful.

It just isn't worth the time required to figure out how to limit DP-28's to one when picked up from the ground; that, or figuring out how to solve all the race conditions that might arise if you try to donate DP28's directly to a squad.

Also, I don't think relic would appreciate if the halftrack system was scrapped. The halftrack is, potentially, the #1 reason why people might have paid money for this commander (as opposed to just going Vanguard).

The Bren Gun should be left alone, honestly. It's great as it is. I can equip one at maximum and have an extra slot for picking up spare weapons. Plus equipping only one was something I did often even before this mod so I like the improved Bren as a result.

The weapon was designed to have a slow rate of fire in order to be more accurate so it's a great weapon for Infantry Sections in the Trenches. Lowering their accuracy at long range would destroy it's ability to be a defensive weapon. Infantry Sections simply are not suited for moving in closer to the enemy, due to their moving accuracy and shouldn't be forced to operate in that manner just to make their "Upgrade" useful. I also don't want to see them get fired on the move since that is a unique trait for the Commandos only. Need a more mobile LMG platform? Get an upgraded Universal Carrier and you have it. Please, no BAR-like Bren Guns!

As for the Vickers K, I tried it with the changes and I wasn't impressed. The Vickers K was made as Britain's answer to the LMG42. You wouldn't know that by looking at it in game right now. If it really had to be redesigned, I would make it more like the MG42. It's fast firing rate (Comparable to MG42 in real life) would mean great short range, decent mid range and terrible long range DPS.

We should think of it as a LMG made for the Offense. Non-Doctrine Heavy Sappers get this LMG but they also have Sten Guns that are only good at short range so maybe it was intended for offense? Make the Vickers K suited for close range combat and that will be it's distinct purpose. Could merely just need a drop in long range accuracy and a longer burst at short range.

That being said, the fact you can equip two and pass them to other factions might be overpowered (The live versions at least, the mod version is a waste of munitions). Alternatively, is there anyway to redesign the Halftrack to allow infantry to upgrade to it's on board weapons when they are near the Halftrack? Or better yet, make the Halftrack use the ability to give the weapon to a chosen Infantry Section directly, as opposed to simply dropping it? That way, trying to limit them to one per squad would be less complicated? Of course this means you can no longer donate weapons, but it might be for the best.

Easy, nerf rifles and make ambulance spam the only viable option for usf t0. Seriously, what else are you even supposed to make?

Mortar spam? :P
14 Jul 2017, 21:29 PM

V2.1 changes

14 Jul 2017, 21:29 PM

i felt like the soviet and wer changes were fine and only a few things from wfa need to be changed like greyhound wc51 sturmtiger price avre price and some stack or unused doc abilites. not a super overhaul. do u guys realize u are changing the game a little way to much. to many super nerfs and super buffs... leave wfa alone tbh ill take the sov and wer changes
14 Jul 2017, 21:32 PM

mortar pit vet 1 15% smoke cooldown?? why? not like someone gona be spamming smoke
14 Jul 2017, 21:55 PM

I like these newest changes.

For commandos, the +50% accuracy ambush bonus still applies for all 5 seconds right? Also, I feel like they're still just not tough enough to go up against vetted okw infantry without trading negatively in the lategame with much cheaper units (basically anything but obers). However, I think their performance against ost is pretty balanced and making them better would make them OP against ost, so it's a bit of a conundrum I guess.

Edit: it may just be that commandos don't have much purpose against okw, since it's mostly just blunt-force infantry power concentrated in around the same place, even if you aren't blobbing, and there's always stgs everywhere when there's okw, so commandos are always going to be going up against multiple squads that don't really care about whether they're flanked or not.
14 Jul 2017, 22:59 PM
Patrion 14

did you guys fix not able to stop (even retreat) engineer units that are cutting wires?
14 Jul 2017, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2017, 22:59 PMpigsoup
did you guys fix not able to stop (even retreat) engineer units that are cutting wires?

I'll check; I am not aware of this one :O
14 Jul 2017, 23:55 PM

I'll check; I am not aware of this one :O

Could you guys also look at tank traps? Bigger squads often line up incorrectly which leaves them open to suppression. I used to preemptively prepare a line of tank traps to avoid having my squads being suppressed by mg 42's or bunkers, but one or more models will line up incorrectly, leaving them open to suppression. I have been using rangers(FOR THE SANDBAGS) to temporarily fix this, but it would be nice if I could build cover for my paras.

Where flanking is impossible, it helps to smoke your target and build sandbags to provide cover for your men. I just wish I could build reliable cover without locking me into a commander. :(
15 Jul 2017, 00:02 AM

While we're talking about bugs, what about the flamer attack ground through smoke/shotblockers not working? I believe someone said that it only doesn't work on buildings or something, but when you give an attack ground command, they try to run through the smoke/around the shotblocker like if you gave them an attack order with direct fire weapons.
15 Jul 2017, 06:55 AM

I like size of mortar pit and bofor`s emplacement. Good job!
15 Jul 2017, 09:01 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

- UKF FRP requires Company Command Post.
- OKW FRP requires either a Mechanized HQ established or Armoured Support Groups upgrade (from FlakHQ)

UKF 180MP/30FU 350MP/115MP And you have access to FRP OK
OKW 200MP/25FU 200MP/50FU And you have access to FRP ¡¡??

This is still disadvantageous OKW , I think it should be when reaching postT4(PANTHER, PIV). With the changes presented has only up a tech and is not on the same level as other factions.

This does not fit.
15 Jul 2017, 10:00 AM

What a reason why OKW FRP need Full T4 upgrade not Schwerer Panzer HQ Set up
but Mechanized Reg. HQ setup unlock it ?
15 Jul 2017, 10:28 AM

I don't think the solution to balance is to add another convoluted layer of rules and subrules for each droppable item for a each unit. You'd end up with balance-hell and weird rules as seen in CoH1 with the targeting tables. And this massive amount of work would only be for specific moments within the game. It wouldn't even be fun to balance, or to play, and it'd be more of a step back.

"the layer of rules" you are referring to is already in the mod:

Conscripts:
Slot items
- Receive accuracy penalty of -43%
- This affects all slot items, including PPSH and PTRS

Ostruppen:
- Receive a permanent -50% penalty on all picked up items
- Accuracy bonus only applies to default rifles
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #