Login

russian armor

Unofficial Revamp mod (EFA & WFA & Brits)

PAGES (30)down
17 Jul 2017, 17:37 PM

Did you fix LOOP DEATH of .50 cal?
17 Jul 2017, 17:43 PM
Patrion 14

Jolly Good.
Shame they still have 3 Thompsons instead of 4, or was it 2 Thompsons and one BAR?

With the mod they start off with 1 bar and you can equip 2 thompsons for 45 (one thompson less than vanilla) and you lose one weapon slot. Recon paras were kinda brilliant because you could get 3 thompsons and 2 bars on them, which made them quite potent :D
17 Jul 2017, 18:43 PM

There was a small ninja-update last night that hopefully fixes the following issues:
- Soviet call-ins not losing the price penalty after teching
- Reload icon missing from Reload MG
- Commando smoke grenades/Sapper destroy cover being able to be cast on entities (and bugging as a result)
- Universal Carrier/Churchill preferring paths that force them to go in reverse

Also, some new things:

Pathing improvements
- Adjusted all vehicles/team-weapons in the game to prefer using forward movement to react to “right-click” commands.
- Units will use a reverse motion, only if significant gains are to be had (e.g., if a path that uses reverse is 2 seconds faster than any other path that doesn't use reverse)
- This doesn’t affect explicit reverse commands

Churchill
Increased the radius of the infantry support smoke buff to match the visuals; suppression modifier changed from -80% to -95% for units hiding in the smoke

17 pounder
- Armour reduced from 3 to 1.4 (due to being TOO resilient to small-arms fire)

So.. Let us know how the new pathing feels and how to make it better.

I just tested the 17 Pounder durability vs two Panzergrenadiers at close range. It took eight burst to destroy it. Quite satisfactory. Thank you. :)

The unit SIZE truly does make a difference after all and threw off my calculations. lol.
17 Jul 2017, 19:15 PM

With the mod they start off with 1 bar and you can equip 2 thompsons for 45 (one thompson less than vanilla) and you lose one weapon slot. Recon paras were kinda brilliant because you could get 3 thompsons and 2 bars on them, which made quite potent :D

Specially with the Armor bug they got from teching Captain, if I remember right, that is still in the game.
17 Jul 2017, 20:04 PM
Patrion 14

Specially with the Armor bug they got from teching Captain, if I remember right, that is still in the game.

Didn't even know about that one. I need to look into this in that case :D (thanks)
18 Jul 2017, 06:23 AM

"Terror Officer
- Officer reinforce from 50 to 35.
- Officer reinforce time from 16 to 7
- Aura no longer affects teammates"
The officers aura need fixing because it does not help leigs (reload is bugged).

The units should also be able to vet.
19 Jul 2017, 18:51 PM

I have two points about USF that maybe you guys can consider.
Rear Echelons should be a Cheap unit to crew support weapons and act like a background army, but they cost 25 (Like Penals and Volks)
And the second is why Riflemen Moving Cooldown penalty is so high?
Penals have 0.75 now (Before this patch it was 0.5) and g43 still have 0.5, which is ok, but why Riflemen have 1.25, it is almost the same as bolt rifle actions like kar98 (1.5)
26 Jul 2017, 22:46 PM

Thus, there's a mix-match of reasons why Tommies turned out to be this way:
- Mills Bombs being completely useless on the live version of the unit (and even if you made them cheap, they would never be researched (moving accuracy)
- Tommies being completely helpless when fighting anything other than infantry (moving accuracy)
- Bren guns being too RNG with the occasional 12 second reload time, making an AI-mostly squad completely unreliable (Bren reload time normalization)

I am not sure if Tommie's moving accuracy has the affects you describe since as far as I know Piats, bren and grenades require unit to be stationary to fire.

In addition since brens do not fire on the move they will probably not reload out of cover unless ordered to stop and shoot out of cover.
30 Jul 2017, 02:52 AM

Just a couple of opinions: I still think it's weird that the m20 has to purchase armored skirts, which are basically necessary to survive, and that riflemen fire up suffers from debuffs while other sprints (cons, jaegers, assgrens, officer charge) don't.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2017, 22:46 PMVipper

I am not sure if Tommie's moving accuracy has the affects you describe since as far as I know Piats, bren and grenades require unit to be stationary to fire.

In addition since brens do not fire on the move they will probably not reload out of cover unless ordered to stop and shoot out of cover.

Mills bombs are useless because tommies won't hit anything on the move and are best at long range but get beat by pretty much anything besides maybe pios if they try to close (which is necessary to throw grenades). They also had to leave cover most likely, and suffer the debuffs that come with that. Piats on sections are bad for the same reason
30 Jul 2017, 09:21 AM

Mills bombs are useless because tommies won't hit anything on the move and are best at long range but get beat by pretty much anything besides maybe pios if they try to close (which is necessary to throw grenades). They also had to leave cover most likely, and suffer the debuffs that come with that. Piats on sections are bad for the same reason

What has piat have to do with the moving accuracy of tommies? Do you mean that Piat will not hit a tank because Tommies have low moving accuracy?
30 Jul 2017, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2017, 09:21 AMVipper

What has piat have to do with the moving accuracy of tommies? Do you mean that Piat will not hit a tank because Tommies have low moving accuracy?

PIATs have to close in to enemy tanks to fire. If Tommy moving accuracy is garbage, the squad contributes no DPS whatsoever while they're moving.

This, effectively, makes anti-tank capabilities of Tommies even more useless than their reload penalties and slotted Enfields already do in the live version.
30 Jul 2017, 09:43 AM

PIATs have to close in to enemy tanks to fire. If Tommy moving accuracy is garbage, the squad contributes no DPS whatsoever while they're moving.

This, effectively, makes anti-tank capabilities of Tommies even more useless than their reload penalties and slotted Enfields already do in the live version.

? Piat are meant to be used against vehicles, so equipping piat to Tommies turns them from AI to AT similar to PGs.

I don't see how does their ability to fire on infantry on the move affects their ability vs vehicles.
30 Jul 2017, 09:47 AM

Vipper, what about you go in-game, equip piats to tommies, and see for yourself how well they are instead of asking Mr.Smith. The answer should be really clear once you engage Tommies with Piats in any anti tank situation.
30 Jul 2017, 09:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2017, 09:43 AMVipper

? Piat are meant to be used against vehicles, so equipping piat to Tommies turns them from AI to AT similar to PGs.

I don't see how does their ability to fire on infantry on the move affects their ability vs vehicles.

That's because PIATs are meant to be used vs tanks and Enfields are meant to be used vs supporting infantry.

Only noobs send their tanks unsupported in the frontlines. Only noobs will voluntarily send their tanks close enough to be hit by PIATs.

Vs a half-decent opponent, Tommies will be forced to chase after the tank, to at least, force the tank to move and prevent it from pounding Tommies so hard.

7 Aug 2017, 23:27 PM

V2.2 changes

7 Aug 2017, 23:37 PM

Wait drifting? Like the racing thing?
8 Aug 2017, 01:14 AM

Still says 2.1 ingame. No squad AI to be seen when playing.
8 Aug 2017, 01:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2017, 22:46 PMVipper

Elite troops can fire bren guns on the move. Commandos can 2x equip brens and fire on the move. If you want to blob hard as UKF in teamgames commando with 2x brens + vanguard officer heroic charge is lethal.
8 Aug 2017, 02:27 AM

Elite troops can fire bren guns on the move. Commandos can 2x equip brens and fire on the move. If you want to blob hard as UKF in teamgames commando with 2x brens + vanguard officer heroic charge is lethal.

Holy pudding I always assumed Brens/any LMG on Commandos was a downgrade... I always knew Paras and Obers could fire their LMGs on the move but I never really thought Commandos could... This changes everything! So I'm assuming Shocks also fire on the move if you pick up an LMG?

Interestingly enough, Guard Rifles are the definition of "elite troops" but don't fire their DP's on the move :(
8 Aug 2017, 02:33 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Holy pudding I always assumed Brens/any LMG on Commandos was a downgrade... I always knew Paras and Obers could fire their LMGs on the move but I never really thought Commandos could... This changes everything! So I'm assuming Shocks also fire on the move if you pick up an LMG?

Interestingly enough, Guard Rifles are the definition of "elite troops" but don't fire their DP's on the move :(

Could be unit specific, as you're right guards don't fire DP28s on the move. Sturmpioneers for an example do fire the LMG34 on the move. Probably just a case by case.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS