Login

russian armor

The 10%

27 Jun 2017, 09:33 AM

Just a quick shoutout to the casual allied gamers in 4v4.

Thanks for being part of the 10% player base in 4v4 game searches.

As there a so few allied players we always find ourselves up against much higher ranked opponents and its generally terrible lately.

I don't know how but perhaps the balance team can spare a thought and throw us casual allied players a bone next patch.

Yours truly (with a bag of pool salt)

Clerv

27 Jun 2017, 09:49 AM

Tip: Stop playing 3v3/4v4 random.

Team up as allies with your friends ("arranged team"), or switch to 2v2 random
27 Jun 2017, 09:55 AM

Clerv, where did you got that 10% number?

Also, I think it is wrong to use terms "allied/axis player" because IMO most of us play both side time to time.

Problem: want to do X but can't succeed.
Solution: don't do X.

Yeah. Great advice.
27 Jun 2017, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 09:33 AMClerv

As there a so few allied players we always find ourselves up against much higher ranked opponents and its generally terrible lately.

I don't know how but perhaps the balance team can spare a thought and throw us casual allied players a bone next patch.

Clerv

To face Elefant/scoped + reco supported by Jagt + Dive bomb and Lefh in every single game you can't end before 15 minutes.
It is not even a question of rank, just mathematic... teamgame is onesided.
27 Jun 2017, 10:45 AM

Problem: want to do X but can't succeed.
Solution: don't do X.

Yeah. Great advice.

Well it is the only solution if you wanna have fun :D Not to mention that your post didn't contain any solution at all, so why do you even write on this thread? :snfBarton:

If you or OP wanna waste their time with 3v3/4v4 randumbs or if you even have fun with it, sure, go ahead. You have my blessings :romeoHairDay:
27 Jun 2017, 11:18 AM
Senior Referee Badge

3-su85's for each player and 2 fireflies is a lot to deal with. Even for a jt or elephant.
27 Jun 2017, 12:24 PM

because ther are more axis players, the likelihood of running into noob axis is more higher, its certainly something i noticed when i play allies
27 Jun 2017, 12:57 PM

I never recall having a problem with this, but either way you should never expect a balanced 4v4. The player base is simply to small to accomodate that.

I mainly play 4v4 for the lulz and to test out non-conventional commanders without risking my 1v1 rank.
27 Jun 2017, 16:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 12:24 PMAlphrum
because ther are more axis players...

I wonder why? When allies have 3 factions and they used to be more people playing as allies some months ago, going from 2v2 and up to 3v3 and 4v4 which some years before would be unthinkable...

Where did all those players go :hansSTUG:?

27 Jun 2017, 18:53 PM

Clerv, where did you got that 10% number?

Also, I think it is wrong to use terms "allied/axis player" because IMO most of us play both side time to time.

While I don't know if 10% is quite true, lately (since last patch) it's been about 75% axis to 25% allies on average, and with fluctuation in both directions sometimes ofc, when searching all modes. I sometimes see it jump to 50-50, and one time (when I wanted to play ost ofc) it flipped and was 80-20 allies to axis. But again, most of the time, from my observations, it's about 75-25 axis to allies for all modes.

I think you make a good point, but we also have to all acknowledge that the majority of us (if not all of us) end up favoring/maining one side or the other more, even if one does play all factions. For example, I play mainly usf, and although I do play okw, ost, and brits (rip soviets, not into that penal spam life), I play a lot more usf and as such, it's just a reality that in going to be somewhat biased towards allies.
27 Jun 2017, 21:51 PM

because ther are more axis players, the likelihood of running into noob axis is more higher

When I see one side is prevail over another, it's better to stick with which has higher percentage just to not get puddingheads in your team from that few tryhards.
Vaz
28 Jun 2017, 01:36 AM

Well it is the only solution if you wanna have fun :D Not to mention that your post didn't contain any solution at all, so why do you even write on this thread? :snfBarton:

If you or OP wanna waste their time with 3v3/4v4 randumbs or if you even have fun with it, sure, go ahead. You have my blessings :romeoHairDay:

It's a wonder your still alive with this line of thinking. What's keeping you from just offing yourself?
28 Jun 2017, 04:52 AM

It's just a bandwagon effect, nothing new in this game. Now that the OKW is not the most trash team in the game for larger modes people are back on their wagon.

When the British came out right until Churchill's were changed from unkillable gods to actual tanks, it was completely the opposite; 10% searching 4v4 as Axis.

When the cancer commander came out it was the same.

It never changes.
28 Jun 2017, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 04:52 AMNano
It's just a bandwagon effect, nothing new in this game. Now that the OKW is not the most trash team in the game for larger modes people are back on their wagon.

When the British came out right until Churchill's were changed from unkillable gods to actual tanks, it was completely the opposite; 10% searching 4v4 as Axis.

It never changes.

Sad truth.
Still it is feels much more rewarding to outplay FOTMers than to play on even field.
28 Jun 2017, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 01:36 AMVaz

It's a wonder your still alive with this line of thinking. What's keeping you from just offing yourself?

Spoken like a true NA 3v3/4v4 randumb :snfPeter:

After I saw your stats, it was no surprise anymore that this apparently really hit a nerve from you :lolol:
28 Jun 2017, 08:50 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Clerv

:) Yeah the 90% axis search in 3vs3, 4vs4 axis is OP :) Atm i find that 4vs4 is even better for allies then 3vs3.

He never said, that he plays random!

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 04:52 AMNano

It never changes.

Yup. It was always so. One side was big favour. So let's hope in the future this will be not anymore
28 Jun 2017, 09:57 AM

all 4v4 players intentionally cut out the best part of this game, which is very sad
29 Jun 2017, 03:07 AM

3-su85's for each player and 2 fireflies is a lot to deal with. Even for a jt or elephant.

Yes, 80+ popcap would be a lot for a single 20 popcap unit to handle. If axis players were limited to 20 pop cap, then your suggestion would have some merit. Until then, it's just absurd.
29 Jun 2017, 03:17 AM

I wonder why? When allies have 3 factions and they used to be more people playing as allies some months ago, going from 2v2 and up to 3v3 and 4v4 which some years before would be unthinkable...

Where did all those players go :hansSTUG:?

Maybe some of us got tired of playing a really stale meta, especially one that didn't work after the WBP.
29 Jun 2017, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2017, 03:07 AMGrumpy

Yes, 80+ popcap would be a lot for a single 20 popcap unit to handle. If axis players were limited to 20 pop cap, then your suggestion would have some merit. Until then, it's just absurd.

That is a good point. One thing I've come to realize about heavy TDs is that they get countered by medium swarms, but allied mediums can't really exist in the environment that JT/ele can finally come out in, since they can't compete with panthers and kts or even okw p4s or stug spam and fuel is usually forced to be spent on TDs, which JT/ele completely hardcounter. Also there's the problem of maps and the fact that in practice in the live version, mediums get countered by heavy TDs too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★