Login

russian armor

Playing as USF is unfun anymore

9 Jun 2017, 12:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 11:05 AMEsxile

Now tell me where I wrote this...

"USF doesn't outperform anymore OKW or Ostheer early game. "
Post #23, cant quote probably on my Phone sorry.
9 Jun 2017, 12:25 PM

=snipped=

Thanks, will look into it.
9 Jun 2017, 12:28 PM

Ah yes now that the overpowered nonsense is nerfed, we suddenly aren't having fun anymore with USF. We see the same consensus with Soviets, although the DHSK is providing that easy mode playstyle still. Want fun? Go play OKW lol, sure as hell easy enough if you ask me.

Be patient and wait for the EFA to be standardized and then the WFA to be balanced accordingly. We will have a more balanced and fun game for all factions.

The easy mode factions this patch are Brits, Land Lease and OKW. Unlike Land Lease, Brits and OKW are still extremely easy to play, with Brits having the edge due to lots and lots of OP abilities. Against no DSHKA Sovs and USF, OKW is just simply equal in early/mid(provided you did not get rekt by flamer M3) and only stupidity can lose OKW the end game.
9 Jun 2017, 12:30 PM

"USF doesn't outperform anymore OKW or Ostheer early game. "
Post #23, cant quote probably on my Phone sorry.

So when I say USF is not outperforming anymore Ostheer means Ostheer outperforms USF for you. Breaking news: it is only in your mind.

Early game between USF and Ostheer is quite balanced actually. Now if you only build grenadiers to counter Riflemen, there is probably your issue.
9 Jun 2017, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 02:45 AMTobis
I'm loving lt m20 into hmgs this patch. With some practice you can take on 222s with the m20, feels so good to knock those out.

Would you mind elaborating how this works against OKW (particularly if they go Mechanized) I often find that M20 will give you some good early pressure but after that it turns into a Luches Party (I'm starting to think it might be better to forgo Armor Skirts in favor of banking Munis for Weapon Racks and Zooks?)
9 Jun 2017, 12:59 PM

Why not play Penals and have an easier game? Penals and if you want a Sniper(vs. Ost) or M3(vs. OKW) with 1-2 DshK and T70(+ another T70 or SU76) into Shermans deserves to be the meta right now because it´s just the most effective strat in most games.

Conscripts+Maxim+Mortar is just a bad idea after Maxim got nerfed. (especially in 1on1s) No wonder you find that very hard to play.

BTW: Try playing USF on Halbe against OKW. That´s probably about as unbalanced as it gets in 1on1.

Because people cry here about the blob. And they continue blob. I don't like blobs, I do the combined arms (even if conscripts suck). Penals need the Guard support, it will be a huge blob
9 Jun 2017, 13:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 12:30 PMEsxile

So when I say USF is not outperforming anymore Ostheer means Ostheer outperforms USF for you. Breaking news: it is only in your mind.

Early game between USF and Ostheer is quite balanced actually. Now if you only build grenadiers to counter Riflemen, there is probably your issue.

Wtf? You say usf doenst outperform ostheer early game anymore, which is not true. Thats why I made a sarcastic comment about grens Stomping riflemen

Oh and thx for the awesome gameplay tip!
9 Jun 2017, 13:14 PM

ok maybe I overeacted but seriosly OKW is powerful in same stage like USF plus better in lategame
Why USF latgame cant be buffed? One thing would help why we cant add range circle to jackson when u know where jackson range is ending like with sniper, maybe that sounds like feature for noobs but just think how many times u lost jackson by 2 shots when u chase KT with low health

Jacksons can counter KT quite easily tbh, the problem is okw can go panthers, pziv's, jadpanzers even pumas to fight off jacksons. But dont worry the balance team said once they get permission to work on wfa, late game usf will be buffed
9 Jun 2017, 14:09 PM
Donator 11

USF has no good qualities about it.
*Poor Jackson pathfinding (and other low armored USF vehicles) makes it hard to keep them alive.

*Riflemen always lose the 5th man 5 seconds into combat, require nade tech, bar tech, to keep up with 280MP units (panzerfus) or even volks with STGs for that matter.

*Re's are expensive and don't provide much in the way of help with early game.

*Kubal spam is hard to counter as USF, such a large early map advantage as well as 4 armor all around and consistant DPS makes harassment ezpz.

*WC51 truck still loses to Kubal spam, expensive.

*Mortar is a joke due to its increased scatter (range would be ok if the base stats didn't suck so hard).

*pack howi popcap is high so you bleed out, decrewed at 3 man, long barrage reload, small area for auto fire.

*No reason to go t1 outside of 50.cal, AAHT an expensive and risky investment when in 2v2+ luchs hits field at the 6min mark (same as AAHT)

* Stewart is an ok option but if the opponent doesn't get a luchs the nerf to AI damage output is modest at best and requires a lot of micro to get your moneys worth.

* M20 Isn't viable in 2v2+ due to luch timing, expensive MP, Mines take a while to drop.

*even if you build no tanks or armored units you'll still bleed out due to pop from all of your secondary units, even your med truck helps you bleed out.

TLDR: USF 57MM AT gun and Scott are the only "good units" on their roster,
I could go on for hours about how underwhelming the USF roster truly is. in comparison to OKWs "specialized" units it's night and day.
In short It's punishing as hell to play USF and should be avoided until other factions brought in line or vice versa.

9 Jun 2017, 14:21 PM

TLDR: USF 57MM AT gun and Scott are the only "good units" on their roster
[...]

I've never thought I'll read something like this.
9 Jun 2017, 14:30 PM
Donator 11

One thing to mention: why on earth is this thread not on the ballance forums?
9 Jun 2017, 14:36 PM
Donator 11

I've never thought I'll read something like this.

It rly is though, its accurate, AP rounds as long as you have ammo are fantastic, Increased range means you don't have to babysit it and get a more accurate shoot.
9 Jun 2017, 14:38 PM

This is going to be a rant, and yes I played USF a lot in 1v1, not anymore now 1 week after the patch.

What OP really thinks :

• Bring Back The USF Turbo Mortar for god sake.
  • If i loose while playing USF, it's not me being weaker than my opponent but it's because of balance
  • And lastly, if i spend even less time geting better and more time whining, things will get better.

What i think :

A guy (August1996) which is not even ranked in ladder with USF but complaining about them being too weak can ONLY make trash thread.

Proof : https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198141388658
9 Jun 2017, 14:44 PM
Donator 11

What OP really thinks :

• If i loose while playing USF, it's not me being weaker than my opponent but it's because of balance
  • And lastly, if i spend even less time geting better and more time whining, things will get better.

What i think :

A guy (August1996) which is not even ranked in ladder with USF but complaining about them being too weak can ONLY make trash thread.

Says the guy who isn't "ranked". Why should that matter if you are ranked or not, ranks in CoH are broken as hell anyways. Poor argument really, come back once you write a real one.

Coh2charts was already showing a hard drop off for USF after the last patch and axis still had an above 70% in 2v2 up even 3v3 with a 93% with AT.
USF turbo mortar was on par with OST mortar if you recall the stats, now its cant even hit a building to help counter MG spam, its 260 MP, got is ranged, ROF, Accuarcy nerfed. Its basically useless.
9 Jun 2017, 14:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Would you mind elaborating how this works against OKW (particularly if they go Mechanized) I often find that M20 will give you some good early pressure but after that it turns into a Luches Party (I'm starting to think it might be better to forgo Armor Skirts in favor of banking Munis for Weapon Racks and Zooks?)

Against OKW I'd skip the m20 unless you crushed them early game or they went kubel spam. the Lt is still good for early aggression and the hmg AP rounds can kill a luchs pretty fast. Pop that suckwe in a building and luchs cant come near it. Stall for double RE zooks or stuart, depending on how well the game is going in your favor.

Also for the people whining about how they are losing more ranks after the patch, what did you expect to happen? USF was OP before the patch, now that they are nerfed your elo is inflated and you will play against people who are better than you. It will even out in the end to your actual rank.
9 Jun 2017, 15:28 PM

USF turbo mortar was on par with OST mortar if you recall the stats, now its cant even hit a building to help counter MG spam, its 260 MP, got is ranged, ROF, Accuarcy nerfed. Its basically useless.

Kinda bias to claim that without taking in Account the better scatter on vet 1 and most important: usf mortars (vs ost) has sqishy 4 man models as targets which makes a huge increase in lethality (dont even take into Account that ost is in need of Support weapon play which got totally countered)
Defending the old op usf mortar haha
9 Jun 2017, 15:35 PM

What OP really thinks :

What i think :

The troll has come:
1. No I don't even use the turbo mortar when it was OP.
2. I was ranked with USF until I played 1 week after WBP then I stopped. 300-400ish because I had finals and didn't have time to grind.
3. Saying about my rank when you don't have the balls to display yours.
4. So losing against UKF and pre-nerf LM was totally skill-based and not a balance issue.

Yeah, constructive much?
9 Jun 2017, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2017, 14:59 PMTobis

Against OKW I'd skip the m20 unless you crushed them early game or they went kubel spam. the Lt is still good for early aggression and the hmg AP rounds can kill a luchs pretty fast. Pop that suckwe in a building and luchs cant come near it. Stall for double RE zooks or stuart, depending on how well the game is going in your favor.

Thanks for the feedback - RE zooks to push an early advantage and tech to major and Captain/Stuart if you want a more conservative approach (or if you want to stall for Call-Ins)?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★