Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
30 Jun 2017, 04:16 AM

Question about Soviet Tank hunter Tactic

Con upgrade PTRS Receive Guard PTRS Not Con PTRS Right ?
30 Jun 2017, 04:25 AM

Ah! We are going to see a new meta in team games, and it looks like is going to be a new mini game. Okw will be going mech to get walking stukas, and allies will try to stop them. If you cannot stop walking stukas, fire barrage will wreck everything, but low hp walking stukas are easier to counter(takes two stuart shells to kill one). I think med hq is less desirable than mech now. :)
Bye, bye sim city noobs!
30 Jun 2017, 04:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Omit.
30 Jun 2017, 05:32 AM

They get the Conscript PTRS. Guard PTRS is exclusive to Guards/Elites picking up the PTRS which deals high burst to infantry with reasonable accuracy.

patch note
Conscripts
Initial improvements (DPS)
Accuracy changed from 0.541/0.495/0.334 to 0.9086803/0.7918258/0.6678531
Vet3 RA bonus reduced from 0.6 to 0.65
Accuracy bonus added 1.15 with veterancy

- Damage from 16 to 10

Slot items
- Receive accuracy penalty of -43%
- This affects all slot items, including PPSH and PTRS

PTRS:
- Guards PTRS (affected by a 43% accuracy penalty)

If Con pick PTRS Form Drop weapon get Penal PTRS Right ?
and affected by a 43% accuracy penalty ?
and Tank hunter con PTRS get affected by a 43% accuracy penalty too ?
30 Jun 2017, 05:57 AM
Developer Relic Badge

patch note

If Con pick PTRS Form Drop weapon get Penal PTRS Right ?
and affected by a 43% accuracy penalty ?
and Tank hunter con PTRS get affected by a 43% accuracy penalty too ?

Alright, double checked, they use the Guard PTRS now, but they get that innate accuracy penalty due to it being a slot item. If they pick-up a PTRS, it is the Penal variant.
30 Jun 2017, 07:33 AM

- Then, Miragefla and I brainstorm over the entire faction to isolate and resolve unused/overused features

That is where things go wrong. The game doesn't need brainstorming, radical reworks or new inventions. Because with brainstorming, we end up with the current penals and other inconsistencies and balance issues.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 20:51 PMDevM

My involvement until now has been on suggesting things to help with the penal meta as soviets, the call-in meta and finally the USF as a faction. Keep in mind that even though feedback is given in the end its up to miragefla and Mr Smith if they want to incorporate what has been suggested since opinions on how the game should be balanced differ a lot.
Thanks for the clarification.
30 Jun 2017, 08:42 AM

It mean very low Acc than Combat engineer pick it :guyokay:

if not necessary avoid to use con pick up it
30 Jun 2017, 23:34 PM

"Tiger Ace
We are changing the Tiger Ace mechanic to make it more fair (both ways), while keeping it unique.

- Cost changed from 800MP to 720MP/240FU (with buildings)
- Penalties reduced from -25%MP -90% (forever) FU to -20% MP -50% FU for 8 minutes"

Wait, do I understand this right? You pay an ass of resources for that thing (plus need to have all the buildings), more than for the ordinary heavies and then criple your economy on top of that for 8 minutes. Nowadays, the allies have loads of possibilities to counter the Ace, so I guess it's time to say goodbye to old Michael Wittmann...
2 Jul 2017, 01:41 AM

EFA rvamp match on khlodny

I did a ton of blunders, because it was very late and i was tired.

However i think you can still see the improved performance of the panther. The command bunker and the more cosistent cons also seem very nice!!

thank you mod team

4 Jul 2017, 15:36 PM

First. Soviets have too many indirect weapons. Mortars,zis, su-76, artillery and so on. Wehrmacht in comparison has none. Where is balance?
Second. Give part commanders from Wehrmacht to OKW, no need too invent something.

-----------
Wehrmacht do not have Mortar HT, or BEST MORTAR IN THE GAME (range/ROF/accuracy)
no artillery, no panzerwerfer, no stuka, no Railway artillery, no... ...

No, no, you are quite correct. Wehrmacht are completely lacking in indirect weapons.

And Soviets have too many bunkers, yes?
4 Jul 2017, 16:12 PM

Will you be fixing the MG34/42 suppression modifier bug.

When a MG (34/42) gets supressed if you do retreat it and let it crawl away and get unsupressed, it will still have the prefomence modifiers of a supressed MG. Then it will only fire one burst on 10s interpulses. On the MG42 this means being able to supress a one sqaud for 2-5s every 10s. Since the MG 34 is weak by comparison this means it won't be able to supress at all. This modifier will apply to the MG itself, meaning for the rest of the game the MG will be useless for both you and the enemy.
4 Jul 2017, 16:52 PM

Will you be fixing the MG34/42 suppression modifier bug.

When a MG (34/42) gets supressed if you do retreat it and let it crawl away and get unsupressed, it will still have the prefomence modifiers of a supressed MG. Then it will only fire one burst on 10s interpulses. On the MG42 this means being able to supress a one sqaud for 2-5s every 10s. Since the MG 34 is weak by comparison this means it won't be able to supress at all. This modifier will apply to the MG itself, meaning for the rest of the game the MG will be useless for both you and the enemy.

Although we're aware of the suppression bug, we don't know of any way to implement a fix to it :/

This bug currently affects all teamweapons that are not affected by the deathloop. The only way to avoid it is setting up before suppression wears off and hitting the retreat button.

4 Jul 2017, 19:27 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Is a old bug, if a weapon drop within the white circle can not be collected.

The circle I have drawn it to show the circle area.
5 Jul 2017, 12:51 PM

Why in my opinion Eastern front revamp has fail to set the base line for other factions:

Infantry
Penal retain most of their punch although of their time frame. (The far DPS of Penal is comparable with that of PF that are a cp2 unit, need a 90 mu upgrade and are generally considered op.)

Conscript get buffed with little changes to counter weight the balance.

On the other hand grenadiers one of the weakest mainline infantry receive little and while other elite infantry have their built/reinforcement time reduced PG retain their very high build reinforcement time.

Medium Tanks
Although German medium tanks are generally not cost efficient their receive little buff while Stug is nerfed and so TWP.

On the Other hand the SU-76 gets buffed significantly vs Mediums.

Heavy Tanks
The Panther might be getting a damage but the balance shift towards its intended targets since the IS-2 now need one less shot to kill it.

Teching
I am not not sure what the goal of the changes are but I see little reason why Ostheer has to have the draw back of having both a linear tech tree and also be forced to unlock all BP4 and built a T4.

My suggestion remain:
1) Balance all infantry unit for their time frame one vs the other with "weapon profiles" and "relative positioning" in mind.

2) Add utility to units and not DPS to increase diversity.

3) If some unit need to improve more in late game offer gated (behind tech level) upgrades

4) Give units and especially tanks roles and the tools to achieve them

5) custom made vet bonuses to specific units
10 Jul 2017, 15:13 PM

"Designed by the unofficial Relic Balance team"

Utter, utter chancers. I like your style, boys.
10 Jul 2017, 16:46 PM

Yeah, that confused tons of people. The mod is not official, not Relic endorsed, and not even Relic related. Kylo made that clear a while back.
12 Jul 2017, 11:32 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Penals in vet1 have a penalty of -3% which if they are in retreat with 1 member they have a penalty of -15%. Imo is excessive in a unit that takes advantage until the last microsecond in launching satchels. Much squads are lost for this reason.
15 Jul 2017, 12:02 PM
Donator 22

As I said before the new Panzergrenadier abilities are not that good. So after some research, I have some suggestions. If we look at the intended historical use of Panzergrenadiers it wasn't the combat with actual tanks, rather with Halftracks. So as the Halftrack 251 is in the same tier as the Panzergrenadiers I suggest giving them some synergy in form of cool abilities that make the use of Panzergrenadiers different from Grens. Here my suggestions:
First, change the Panzer Support Tactics into a passive ability, but it should only work with Light vehicles such as 222, 251, 250.
With making it passive it reduces the micro cost and sets the general direction in how to use panzergrens. As far as I know, scatter doesn't apply to the Halftrack so change it for some useful stuff.
This aura should start from vet 0 but become more and more powerful with vet.
-Vet 1 could be that Panzergrens can throw grenades while in the halftrack. (If the bundlenade proofs to be too powerful change it into a normal Stielhandgranate)
-Vet 2 could unlock a suppressive fire ability for the halftrack, similar to Bren UC. Only available while Pgrens are on board of the Halftrack, or if that's too difficult in Aura range.
-Vet 3 finally unlocks the effect of this Aura for all Tanks. (Maybe too good, so either reduce the effect on tanks or just give the sight bonus to pgrens) I also thought about letting them fire out of the 251, but I don't know if that's even possible. Second, it would look kinda weird and third would be very situational because once pgrens get to vet 3, Halftracks are most likely not around anymore.

With that Aura Panzergrens create a new way that supports aggressive Ostheer play and make underused units more attractive, not throw raw stat buffs but with cool abilities.

The other new ability Mark Target could stay as behind vet 1. Only some small improvements could be made. The lack of a visual indicator is more confusing than it helps. I often have to check twice to be sure, I used the ability because the effects are not really visible. The best solution would be to show the Indicator only for the Ostheer guy but if that's not possible change it so that everybody can see it.
The 3-second delay before the accuracy buff is also unreasonable. It's not such a huge difference (like 50% more damage) that it's necessary. Also, the cost is too high for what it offers. 15-20 mun is more than enough for the muni starving Ostheer faction.

Some other stuff:
I know there is an MG42 upgrade for the 250 halftrack. Is it possible, once Pgrens enter the 250 that it activates? Could be another cool part of the passive aura.
If the suppression ability is too strong Incendiary rounds is another option.
The 250 call in with Grens should change to Pgrens to fit the whole motorised infantry theme and make it more worthwhile.
I have yet to come up with anything for the artillery field ofizier that would not change him completely. Best thing so far was to give him STG or mp40 to turn him into a combat squad but that's not perfect either.
16 Jul 2017, 14:09 PM

I Found Revamp 2.1 Soviet - Call-ins cost +25% more resources Bug
After build Mechanized Armor Kam Cost not back to normal value
16 Jul 2017, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2017, 11:32 AMcapiqua

Penals in vet1 have a penalty of -3% which if they are in retreat with 1 member they have a penalty of -15%. Imo is excessive in a unit that takes advantage until the last microsecond in launching satchels. Much squads are lost for this reason.
... dude -X% received accuracy means is less likely to get hit not the contrary, so what you said makes no sense
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS