Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
31 May 2017, 19:11 PM

Because it's kinda strong? 150% (iirc) damage with no counterplay is kinda bs. At least with the plane weakness there is some counterplay and skill required for it to be used, ie don't use it near OKW t3 or wait until you are distracting t3 with a tank.

Also are you saying that t3 placement doesn't count as counterplay. There is a non negligible risk of placeing it far enough forward for its AA to defend against planes.

First of all, mark target is a 35% increase in damage, not 50%. Second of all, the placement of the t3 hq matters far more for infantry than it does planes AND the mark target plane flies all over the place.

Don't use it "near" OKW t3? Last I checked the ability does not give me control of where the tank drives after I mark it....
1 Jun 2017, 09:34 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Bottomline; if 25% penalty is too big, we could consider slightly smaller penalties.

As the strength of call-ins and their place in the meta varies considerably and applying a blanket nerf would be undeserved, I've gone through all (that I can recall) below.

From ingame experience / watching games, I'm fairly sure the majority of call-in units do not need any penalty whatsoever.

The majority of call-in related balance issues have stemmed from singular abilities across a variety of the game's lifespan (currently it's M10, Command Panther and M4C). Adding further penalties to all would be to the detriment of game variety.

No penalty

Stug E - Not a problem unit in itself, and the Stug E - Tiger no tech strat is both unique and has not been problematic since the Stug E stopped being capable of countering light vehicles.

Command P4 - Not a problem unit. Unlocking it from tech would perhaps allow for interesting multiple light vehicle + command P4 strats, or Pak43 based builds since it has fuel cost now.

Elsewhere, you had better teched up to T3 (or T4) or be dead, because the CP's come too late to have a panic-P4 anyway.

SiphonX already answered this- no reason to further cripple a weak strategy if it's already so ineffective.

Puma - as SiphonX already said- not a problem unit. Players figured out how to counter Puma spamming with command P4 even before light vehicles in general were nerfed. It would be refreshing to see this strat again.

Mortar Halftrack - self explanatory- low impact support unit. I think this unit could use a price drop to 30F and CP drop (maybe even to 0CP) just to diversify openings, as it arrives too late to skip over the regular mortar and costs a not insignificant amount for a unit of the type.

Tiger - T2 to Tiger strats are not only completely inefficient outside of mech assault (you would certainly have enough fuel for one T3 unit by 13CP unless the game was already lost), but is also straight forward to counter. There's no need to make this playstyle even worse than it is.

T3 to Tiger strats, as mentioned in a previous post, are quite balanced as they are. Executing this with Lightning War is the strongest due to G43s, the osttruppen button and SCAS. With SCAS and osttruppen button being deservedly nerfed and T3 being rebalanced (stug nerf / P4 buff) there's no reason to further weaken this.

I'm sure that if you went T3 you can also afford 60MP/10FU.

So if it makes no difference to T3-Tiger play and cripples Stug E- Tiger play, might as well leave it out entirely.

Ace - How this unit fits into the wehr roster I'm not sure, after the change to full fuel and MP price. Holding out for the Ace without any tech has always been inefficient, so having the 25% penalty now seems completely unwarranted- a similar situation, in other words, to the regular Tiger.

I'm not sure why it needs the not insignificant penalty now (total cost tops off at 1000+MP, 400+F at half map control / full popcap).

Elefant - Improvements to utility and drop in cost might make this unit an occasional sight in 1v1. Fortified Armor with no tech might even be possible in troll games (command P4 to Elefant). Penalizing this unit for call-in without tech is unnecessary (it isn't a balance problem in 1v1) and would eliminate what might be an interesting option.

---

M5 - Again, low-impact unit that's not actually seen in 1v1 play. With the changes to assault guards perhaps it'll be more viable, but that remains to be seen.

KV8 (current iteration) - I used this unit as an example in the original post- T3 + KV8 strats have been offmeta and easy to counter for ages. Removing the penalty would also allow for interesting build orders with Terror (T3-KV8-Howitzer). I agree that should the unit itself be further buffed then perhaps this could be re-examined.

IS2 - What SiphonX said- IS2 play is painfully rare, and nerfs to T3 will make stalling for this unit even harder. No reason to completely nullify T3 - IS2 play with the penalties.

I'm not convinced that a no-tech IS-2 can be countered at all with Stug nerfs. This is especially after the bruising you will get from SU-76 if you over-rely on T3 tanks.

If you lose the price penalty we (the playerbase) can test this change and let you know if it's too strong. Since you've improved the Panther for the express reason of allowing for heavy vehicle countering, I don't think this will be a problem.

ISU - Hard to say how effective this unit will be since there have been significant changes to how it works. Going by the previous iteration of this unit, playing around and countering the ISU is not very difficult, and again, similar to the IS2, T3 has been nerfed making stalling out harder. The unit is barely seen in 1v1s, similarly to the ISU.

KV2 - Doctrine basically requires T4 anyway for maximum efficiency. Should somebody want to attempt a KV8-KV2 centered strategy, I've no doubt that it would be both below the effectiveness of a normal tech-tier build based on the performance of the units, and very possible to counter. Requiring a tiers to remove the penalty would just hammer the nail in the coffin for this possible strategy.

Penalize call-ins without tech/tier (or lock fully behind tech)

Sherman M4C - This unit, together with the Command Panther and M10, is probably the reason for the vitriol centered around call-ins- as it actually lies in the centre of current meta balance problems. As it's most similar to the T3485 and Easy Eight, which themselves caused many balance issues back when they were call-ins, it's probably for the best to either lock this unit behind tier 4 (as with the other advanced medium tanks) or keep the penalty.

KV1 (with revamp buffs) - Before revamp buffs I'd argue that stalling for KV1s made for a strat that offered counterplay and was not overly strong. With the received damage and vet change keeping it behind tier / with penalty is probably for the best.
1 Jun 2017, 09:36 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

The WEHR/OST bunker is built at the same time for all squads. Imo should have more time to squad not pioneers, something like Riflemen with mines/defensive position.
1 Jun 2017, 15:22 PM

Soviets mgs are really weak now especially vs ost. Maybe nerfing the rifle nades range would be the best move since that is often the problem. It is now easy to just walk up with a gren with no cover and rifle nade either of the Soviets mgs and often wipe them if they are bunched enough. A small nerf to rifle nades range would allow the mgs to not to have to be buffed back to where okw can't deal just so the ost vs sov match up works... The soviet mgs may still need a slight buff still after that but I think it would make it easier to balance if grens can't just walk up to the mg and rifle nade it without using cover or some sort of flank or split grens.
1 Jun 2017, 15:27 PM

Guards
Can leave Hit the Dirt 1.5 seconds after turning it on
(ability remains on cooldown for 10 seconds after leaving it)

The ability would be allot easier to balance if it was timed and not toggle.

1 Jun 2017, 15:29 PM

ML20
Mid damage modifier increased from 0.015 to 0.028 to match the LeFH

Actually Ml20 has 20% more damage so it explosion is more powerful than LeFH 0.023-4 wold be a better value
1 Jun 2017, 15:33 PM

Panzergrenadiers
Panzer Support Tactics

The Panzergrenadier squad gains +7 sight

The sight bonus combined with the extra sight from g43s is probably over the top.

Since PG and tank need to be close for this to work and the tank attracts explosives shells maybe replace sight bonus with 0.9 damage reduction from ballistic weapons(?)
1 Jun 2017, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2017, 15:29 PMVipper

Actually Ml20 has 20% more damage so it explosion is more powerful than LeFH 0.023-4 wold be a better value

LeFH has 0.35 mid damage modifier compared to ML-20's 0.28 for that reason.

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2017, 15:33 PMVipper

The sight bonus combined with the extra sight from g43s is probably over the top.

Since PG and tank need to be close for this to work and the tank attracts explosives shells maybe replace sight bonus with 0.9 damage reduction from ballistic weapons(?)

49 sight range, is not something I would call broken for an infantry AI-only unit.

You need an actual tank (not a light vehicle) to make use of the ability, and tanks produce noise; noise ruins flanks; you also need to keep up with the tank to provide vision.

Otherwise, the ability should be good in its intended role as launching an assault, and helping OST's rather limited recon options.
1 Jun 2017, 22:31 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Version 1.4 Notes

1 Jun 2017, 22:55 PM

Ostruppen (visual indicator)
-Ostruppen cover indicator icon is now identical to Tommy icon

Thank you
1 Jun 2017, 23:00 PM

What a dream come true to have Incendiary Rockets on the Katyusha! Thank you! Been wanting something like that since I found out that they had those types of munitions. Haha.
aaa
1 Jun 2017, 23:10 PM

why do they buff pant? Its like multiple heavies unlock for 1 side
1 Jun 2017, 23:41 PM

so whats the difference between ISU 152 live and this:
ISU-152

Feedback due to the slow shells has caused us to revert the arc of the ISU's HE shells. Instead, the unit now retains its straight-line trajectory, but will now ignore terrain to ensure hits even on rough ground. AOE has been modified to less OHK radius thanks to the changes above, but will retain more damage on the outer edges of the AOE to improve consistency.

-ISU HE projectile reverted to straight-line
-Projectile ignores terrain collision
-AOE Far Modifier from 0.05 to 0.15
-AOE distance from 1.25/2.75/4.5 to 0.5/2/6
2 Jun 2017, 00:51 AM
Developer Relic Badge

so whats the difference between ISU 152 live and this:
ISU-152

Feedback due to the slow shells has caused us to revert the arc of the ISU's HE shells. Instead, the unit now retains its straight-line trajectory, but will now ignore terrain to ensure hits even on rough ground. AOE has been modified to less OHK radius thanks to the changes above, but will retain more damage on the outer edges of the AOE to improve consistency.

-ISU HE projectile reverted to straight-line
-Projectile ignores terrain collision
-AOE Far Modifier from 0.05 to 0.15
-AOE distance from 1.25/2.75/4.5 to 0.5/2/6

No longer stopped by hills or inclines in the terrain.

Also I forgot to add this:

Forward Post

Due to the frailness of the structure, we have given the structure an ability to help Soviets fighting around it and defend the Forward Post.

-Now has 'Inspire'. When activated, all infantry with 45m when this ability is triggered, gain +15% accuracy, -15% weapon cooldown, and break suppression should they be suppressed.
2 Jun 2017, 01:12 AM

very nice addition to fhq
2 Jun 2017, 02:12 AM

i just tested the heck out of the b4, had abunch of them all shooting at static stugs, it takes about 3 clear shots to kill a stug and the scatter is so bad it hardly ever hits. b4 is horrible now i dont like it at all, i rather just use the live version with the 15 pop cap instead of 20, even tho it should be like 12-13 pop cap. plz just revert the changes of b4 the 640 dmg is needed for this unit, the 2 shells makes it worse vs vehicles and buildings. if its going to be 2 shells make it 450dmg and 2nd shot shoots after 8 secs, lower scatter a bit from far it never hits close to center, and for some reason it shoots shells far outside of the circle it shows which sucks very bad out of 22 shots testing at one point from not even the farthest range, only 2 hit close to center trying to hit a supply cache, and the cache didnt die from the aoe dmg. on top of that precision shot cost 90 munitions which i think is very high cost. maybe try giving b4 50% dmg at vet 3? its really hard to get vet 3 anyways idk it just sucks in 1.4. most other changes i think mod team is doing superb job tbh keep up the great work
2 Jun 2017, 04:04 AM

Changing the Tiger closer to Pershing, I think it's right. Tiger should be ≈ Pershing, IS-2 should be ≈ King Tiger.
2 Jun 2017, 04:16 AM

More buffs to the Sov clowncar, just WTF on all levels, as if the clowncar isn't a almost competitive unit to Penals now it's turned into a must build. *facepalm*
2 Jun 2017, 06:47 AM
Developer Relic Badge

More buffs to the Sov clowncar, just WTF on all levels, as if the clowncar isn't a almost competitive unit to Penals now it's turned into a must build. *facepalm*

Given that the scout car tapers off harshly past the first few minutes and a very early medical crate means giving up your flamethrower which makes the scout scar so potent, there should be no real issue. The main purpose of this ability is to give the M3 an additional role later in the game when its primary role as a mobile cover/harassment unit is greatly diminished by AT weapons, snares, tougher infantry through vet, any light armour and just a greater number of units.
2 Jun 2017, 07:23 AM

Katyusha
We have altered the Katyusha's veterancy 1 to be more desirable over the standard barrage by altering the ability towards area denial within a line.

-Vet 1 ability changed to Incendiary Creeping Barrage: Fires 8 rockets, molotov-like DoTs; 5 damage on-impact.

Farewell, sweet FPS, it was a nice time :snfPeter:
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight