Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
27 May 2017, 15:23 PM

When the Panther hulls down, you will probably have to use AT guns or artillery or infantry pushes to make it move.

So, everything but armor? :p
27 May 2017, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 15:17 PMArray

Please note my concern about Penals being able to punish cache building much easier than other factions - later in games commandos with their demos will provide a quick hit and run on these expensive caches. The concept is good though - much more decision making about where/when to build caches in team games with a distinct penalty to your fighting ability when doing so early and haevier blow when they are destroyed

That's Penal's niche. If Penals had no niche people would never build them; they would build Conscripts instead.

Don't build caches too early (you can't anyway), and you will be OK.

Late-game harassment should be encouraged; not discouraged.
27 May 2017, 15:28 PM
Donator 11

That's Penal's niche. If Penals had no niche people would never build them; they would build Conscripts instead.

Don't build caches too early (you can't anyway), and you will be OK.

Late-game harassment should be encouraged; not discouraged.

Hmm this is a far too late and therefore pointless thought but the satchel mechanic would be cooler if each time its used one of the penals had to carry the satchel and split himself from the squad dying in the process.
27 May 2017, 15:31 PM

Suggestion:
Making Ostheer "blitzkrieg" a scale-able ability. Available at Vet 0 provides accuracy bonus (10-20%?) and then with each vet level acceleration speed reload bonuses can be added.

This will help Ostheer armor to balanced better.
27 May 2017, 15:39 PM

While what you describe is a nice idea, we can't input that logic into our mod.

I think that the expensive-cache idea will lead to more aggressive/play harassment to shut down people that are trying to hoard resources too early.

As an alternative, could the cache cost 200mp, but only give 1 munition or fuel per player, then be "improved" to provide one additional resource for each 200 mp improvement? If this also isn't workable then I like your proposed change. It will certainly take caches from being a no-brainer to something more strategic.

Will the caches still have the same health? If they do, I'm going to have Stuka dive bomb every game, or the Soviet precision strike.
27 May 2017, 15:40 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

We're aware that T34/85 E8 might be in a bad light atm. However, we first want to figure out the right spot for the OST Panther before we start considering what advanced mediums should bring to the table.

When the Panther hulls down, you will probably have to use AT guns or artillery or infantry pushes to make it move.

Although we are at an inflection point with those tanks. Any change would be good, but maybe affect the Pershing who is an improved panther. Long time Relic introduced some T34/85 doctrinal (Red banner) were better than the present /85 and come retired, are within the files of the game and as for the Americans I believe that there are also some sherman with more caliber.
27 May 2017, 17:07 PM

Ambush camouflage (Bugfix/Oversight)
It is now possible to upgrade ambush camouflage on all captured MGs
Fixed a bug where stealth would not work properly until 2 Command Points (even though the upgrade can be bought at 1CP)

With changes to Camo this ability is not cost efficient on infantry. One pay 30 mu and has to stay stationary in cover to get 50% accuracy for 5 secs.

Suggestions:
1) Lower cost of buying the camo
2) or/and add other bonuses like received accuracy.
3) or incorporate a weapon upgrade with it (scoped G43 for Grenadier?, Lmg for PG?) and adjust cost
4) and/or increase duration
27 May 2017, 18:34 PM

The changes to relief infantry are pretty staggering especially when compared to Soviet version. Ostruppen aren't nearly as good as conscripts (especially the new one) and the ability is a lot shorter and only gets 2 now? I think Soviet version (rapid conscription) needs to be brought in line with relief infantry.
27 May 2017, 19:04 PM

What about P47 (airborn)
27 May 2017, 19:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Nice changes in 1.3. I really like the idea of the new Panzergrenadier ability.

However, I think 500 manpower cache cost is a bit excessive for 4v4, since only one person will be paying the cost as opposed to all 4. I'd argue for 200, 300, 350, and 375 for costs for 1v1 through 4v4, respectively. 500 manpower is enough to practically void the viability of the value of the cache at nearly all points in the game in 4v4, or at least nobody would want to be the one to actually build the caches, especially in automatch. 500 manpower can buy two core infantry squads in the early game (unless you're British) or one elite infantry squad with some left over in the mid or late game.
27 May 2017, 19:37 PM

i was just thinking. lefh should have less aoe and dmg then a ML 155 howitzer right? can someone list all the AOEs of the 122 155 and 203 howis plz?
27 May 2017, 20:05 PM

hmm not sure about bp3 and t4 as ost being so cheap. Like why should you go t3 most of the time with t4 being so cheap, especially with the units like Puma and stug e getting unlocks to cover the gap. Used to be 45 + 50 now 10 + 40, but I guess bp2 being 20 more kinda covers that in a way. Only difference between t3 and t4 is time 60 mp and 10 fuel. I guess though that the brumbar no longer having 120 pen and the panther having no ai offset this.
27 May 2017, 20:49 PM

I don't really like the airbust barrage for the Elefant. It feels thematically strange and doesn't feel coherent with how I imagine the unit. I don't think Elefant needs any more anti-infantry capabilities than an SU-85 or a Jagdpanzer 4 does; all of them are dedicated tank destroyers and that should be it.
27 May 2017, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 20:05 PMCon!
hmm not sure about bp3 and t4 as ost being so cheap. Like why should you go t3 most of the time with t4 being so cheap, especially with the units like Puma and stug e getting unlocks to cover the gap. Used to be 45 + 50 now 10 + 40, but I guess bp2 being 20 more kinda covers that in a way. Only difference between t3 and t4 is time 60 mp and 10 fuel. I guess though that the brumbar no longer having 120 pen and the panther having no ai offset this.

If people in 1v1 are already thinking about going puma/stug-e & T4, then I think we're in a good course.

One thing we want to shake up is give people an alternative to almost-always going T3 & Tiger.

For 2v2+, where T3 could often be skipped (if a dedicated strategy is followed), we simply want to avoid bringing powerful units too early (to prevent snowballing), and make sure that all units are cost-efficient with respect to their counterparts (to prevent rigging the late-game *cough* OKW *cough*).
27 May 2017, 21:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

27 May 2017, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2017, 20:49 PMsrmky
I don't really like the airbust barrage for the Elefant. It feels thematically strange and doesn't feel coherent with how I imagine the unit. I don't think Elefant needs any more anti-infantry capabilities than an SU-85 or a Jagdpanzer 4 does; all of them are dedicated tank destroyers and that should be it.

its a wierd very strong ability... i dont think it should have it either. adding a random ability like this is supposed to be balanced?
27 May 2017, 23:11 PM
Patrion 15

If only team weapons crewed with engineer/pioneer was able to repair the weapon when sitting in idle. It's very nice to crew them with more powerful units but It could ease up the endless task of engineers having. Taking some repair work from builder units could open up more barbed wiring work.
28 May 2017, 02:07 AM

Still no hard counter to Elephant and JT.

Only 2 units in the game that don't get a hardcounter by either A) another unit B) an offmap.

Ill take Bazooka Blobs for 200 alex.
28 May 2017, 03:28 AM

The changes to relief infantry are pretty staggering especially when compared to Soviet version. Ostruppen aren't nearly as good as conscripts (especially the new one) and the ability is a lot shorter and only gets 2 now? I think Soviet version (rapid conscription) needs to be brought in line with relief infantry.
Totally agree!
28 May 2017, 06:44 AM

500 mp caches are a bit too much. 350 would be fine if you ask me. How is USF ever going to afford 500 mp in a 4v4 with their upkeep and bleed?
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS