Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
10 Jun 2017, 19:23 PM

U sure like picking up false impressions are throwing them around don't you. I never remember talking crap to people. I do agree they need to tone down the level of extremity of their balance changes. I do know that penals are very strong on the move so changing it a bit is good Imo

i it wasnt u sorry, but i thought i remembered u laughing at ppl trying to get games of the revamp. maybe it wasnt if im wrong my bad
10 Jun 2017, 19:48 PM

i think western front armies are good just emplacements and some useless commanders needs revamp.

"Good?" The Western Armies are overpowered. And it's not about units, it's about possibilitites. The USF Captain can boost production buildings - just like Soviet industry, but without it's cons. USF got the aerial recon as a stack unit ability, while the Wehrmacht and Soviets need doctrines for it. The got light artillery in standart buildings - Wehrmacht has it as a doctrinal ability. The Rear Echelon can supress, and the Major can act as a retreat point - something you won't find in doctrines at all. Brits gor Bofors, Pounders, can issue armor for their engineers, they have the Forward HQ, artilleru and grades for it. And the OKW is a champion here: searchlight halftrack (the closest analog - Valentine, it's doctrinal), Obers - a typical elite infantry squad, can mine points (something similar can be found, again, in a Soviet doctrine), AT weapon camo - again, available via doctrine for Soviets, and that's it, same goes for the Forwar HQ, Repair HQ, the building from the Urban Defence doctrine. A Tiger as a standart unit (which is insane, in team gamemodes it's possible to deploy it at the 11th min), Volks are a a better version of Conscripts (STG=PPSh), all inf. squads can buy upgrades while being in the enemy territoy, starting unit with STGs (it's not as string as PGs, but why do Wehrmacht and Soviets have such weaklings, who can only build structures in the beginning of the macth?). Both Wehrmacht and Soviets are not even half as flexible or unique as other factions. Their doctrines aren't unique and are mostly composed of similar abilities. At least Soviets have dynamite and Wehrmacht has Bunkers.
10 Jun 2017, 21:41 PM

i it wasnt u sorry, but i thought i remembered u laughing at ppl trying to get games of the revamp. maybe it wasnt if im wrong my bad

It wasn't me. I forgive you :) Also how do you laugh at someone on the forums? haha?
10 Jun 2017, 21:49 PM

Since this is a unofficial balance mod I would really like to see how the state of the balance would be if we got rid of the "call in" mechanic. Reason being that this mechanic doesnt bring nothing good to the table, basically all call in's are a cheesy way to come back to the game and call in's are limiting the commander options we see in games. 90% of the games players choose commanders that have really strong call in's in order to not tech or to just bring a really strong unit to the match without the need to tech for it. Good examples of units that are pretty strong and aren't call in's are the t-34/85 and the sherman easy 8 (I would like to add the king tiger since in order to have access to it you need to have all tech structures but at the same time you kinda "call it in" once you have those said structures).

This is the perfect time to see how things would work. I get some people are really used to have call in's to save the game, I hope those said people just keep an open mind and give a try to this and see if the game becomes more fair and less cheesy, we might even see more variety on chosen commanders!

You can simulate what you describe by agreeing with the people on the lobby not to use call-ins without teching up to the appropriate tech level.

Leaving the option inside in the mod means you can play whichever version you want.
11 Jun 2017, 06:03 AM

Can we test doc FRP for ostheer and soviet ?
11 Jun 2017, 07:17 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Consripts are not a defensive infantry they are offensive that is their design and their purpose. The mod also completely fails to take into account that consripts have 6 men and grens only 4. Just make them 230mp and leave it at that. There are some good ideas otherwise for here (except for the elephant changes why??) but when I see something like this It makes me question the people making it as its utterly ubsurd.

Note Conscripts are also easier to hit at 1.087 vs the Grenadiers 0.93 and saving 10 manpower does not mean much at all given how fast MP comes in at the start before the population begins to get rounded out.

The reason for better performance at range and lowering of damage for accuracy is so Conscripts can actually force infantry off in cover to cover fights which they generally lose as their best range is not at short-range, but a weird 25m sweet spot as everyone out-dpses at both near and far. Conscripts, as they stand, are the one infantry unit that is probably the more reliant on RNG to win fights with a 16 damage rifle that only hits over half the time at point-blank.

In terms of role, Conscripts can be considered utility/defensive troops when no-doctrines are around with their main offensive role being in the very early game before capturing vital areas and digging in, being an absolute pain to dislodge. The reason for this is because of all their abilities which either forces enemies to move so other weapons can have at them (molotovs and AT grenades) which works well with in protecting Soviet support weapons while they can build sandbags to turn fights in their favour.

If they prove to be too strong, then they can be adjusted, though the rifle issue likely corresponds more with how vulnerable Grenadiers are when anything can reliably hurt their health due to the 4 man squad.

On EFA FRP, there are no plans for them yet as we figure out what needs to be done with FRP in general. USF seems alright since its late game and frail, UKF Forward Assembly is easily nuked, but OKW Battlegroup is in a weird spot of being durable, especially on certain maps and is the favorite campground of the LE.ig before the Schwerer HQ comes out and locks down the area against infantry assault.
11 Jun 2017, 12:47 PM
Donator 11

A noob thought here - what is the feeling on mainline infantry being able to build their own cover. Cons generally need all the help the can get but what about volks/IS - I like the idea of building cover (with engineers) but for versatile units that become very powerful it seems a bit of a cop out and detracts from using the natural map cover or at least having to use your engineers to support your mainlines in this way.
11 Jun 2017, 15:20 PM

U sure like picking up false impressions are throwing them around don't you. I never remember talking crap to people. I do agree they need to tone down the level of extremity of their balance changes. I do know that penals are very strong on the move so changing it a bit is good Imo

Have u played the patch tho :/

In particular have you tried Sovs yet :/

12 Jun 2017, 12:35 PM

Played a bit of the mod (against bots however) i like the changes so far, keep up the great work!
13 Jun 2017, 00:25 AM
Developer Relic Badge

V1.6

Garrisons
We have further adjusted the time it takes to degarrison and enter structures to reduce the ability to 'dance' in and out of buildings that allowed players to dodge grenades, even if they were tossed as the squad was preparing to enter the garrison. Grenades across the board have been changed however to deal less damage to structures to prevent cases where a single bundle could cripple an entire house.

-Grenade damage against buildings significantly lowered
-Load time for buildings futher increased to 1 (per model)
-Max load time further increased to 3.25 (entire squad)
-Unload time for buildings further increased to 0.5 (per model)

Ghostbags
We have made a change that coincides with the garrison changes to ensure players cannot ghost-bag entrances, causing the unit in question to get stuck.

-Units that have been in combat in the past 3 seconds will cause all unfinished enemy ghostbags within 4 radius to immediately deconstruct

Repair speeds
-Changes to EFA repair speeds completely reverted

Stug-E
The Stug E will now gain a machine gun upon gaining veterancy 1 to better suit its role as an AI support tank.

-Gains pintle machine gun for veterancy 1 rather than TWP.

Penal Battalion
We have reverted some of the moving cooldown Penals have received, but we have adjusted the Homing Satchel to incentive the PTRS and its use on Penals chosen to become a light AT squad.

-Moving weapon cooldown partially reverted from 1 to 0.75
-Homing satchel now requires PTRS upgrade
-Homing satchel will always launch towards target, even if target runs out of range
-(Manually aimed satchel can still stick to vehicles if it collides with the vehicle)

Dshka AP Rounds
We have increased the damage of Dshka AP rounds to better suit its position as a veteran ability.

-Increase damage by 20% during duration

Partisans
We have removed the cost on Partisan weapons. Now they will only be hindered by a time delay, allowing infiltrated units to bring additional firepower should they stay hidden for a set amount of time as they wait for their upgrades.

-Cost of upgrades reverted to 0 (free)
13 Jun 2017, 01:01 AM

V1.6
Penal Battalion
We have reverted some of the moving cooldown Penals have received, but we have adjusted the Homing Satchel to incentive the PTRS and its use on Penals chosen to become a light AT squad.

-Moving weapon cooldown partially reverted from 1 to 0.75
-Homing satchel now requires PTRS upgrade
-Homing satchel will always launch towards target, even if target runs out of range
-(Manually aimed satchel can still stick to vehicles if it collides with the vehicle)

Will this version's AoE be adjusted? It's AoE could be reduced or even removed to make it literally become Sticky Bombs.

Homing Satchels that explode mid-home does seem like it'd be hilarious.
13 Jun 2017, 01:30 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Will this version's AoE be adjusted? It's AoE could be reduced or even removed to make it literally become Sticky Bombs.

Homing Satchels that explode mid-home does seem like it'd be hilarious.

Note the object still needs to connect before the countdown begins. So far no AoE adjustments since WBP.
13 Jun 2017, 07:33 AM

very good changes, there is no axis or allies bias.
13 Jun 2017, 12:25 PM

Repair speeds
-Changes to EFA repair speeds completely reverted

I think you removed the possibility to gain experience when repairing, not the repair speed, no ?

If it's the case I don't totaly agree, it's almost impossible to gain veterancy with EFA engineer during the late game phase, maybe add something else to help them ?

Otherwise good change, I'm looking forward to play this when it goes live :D
13 Jun 2017, 12:32 PM

The USF Captain can boost production buildings - just like Soviet industry, but without it's cons.

Maybe the con is the captains sits in base and jerks off?
13 Jun 2017, 12:45 PM

But it is free as it comes out for the first time with teching without additional cost?
13 Jun 2017, 12:55 PM

He boost production quite much. You can send him to the main base via retreat button, turn the ability on and send him back together with a fresh tank and may be some other units. No need to "jerk off" more than a mere minute. Moreover, there's a secret I want to share with you - the Sherman with the boost of a 0 Vet Captain builds exactly as fast, as 3 members of the Captain's squad reinforce, and the higher the Captain's Vet, the higher is his production boost.
13 Jun 2017, 13:24 PM

The Rear Echelon can supress,

It even gets better and better...lol
13 Jun 2017, 16:41 PM

V1.6

Partisans
We have removed the cost on Partisan weapons. Now they will only be hindered by a time delay, allowing infiltrated units to bring additional firepower should they stay hidden for a set amount of time as they wait for their upgrades.

-Cost of upgrades reverted to 0 (free)

It's great you've decreased the PPSHs price, but I hope you understand, that without changes to veterancy (or without decreasing the base target size) they're still useless?
13 Jun 2017, 17:55 PM
Patrion 39

I don't like the reduction of grenades to buildings. I hope it isn't a massive reduction as garrison play is painful, and having buildings stand all game would be lame. What's wrong with a bundle crushing a house?

Also elaborating on the load time, max load time, etc parameters as to what they actually do would be nice. And add the update notes to the original post ;) Thanks boys. Love your work
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS