Login

russian armor

Eastern Front Armies Revamp

PAGES (56)down
7 Jun 2017, 12:55 PM

Question is why did they give stug e those shells? Was it really necessary? I think the only thing those shells did was take some authenticity out of the game... :/

We need to keep things as realistic as possible while making the game fun and balanced, I can't emphasize this enough. I think one of the reasons why people play this game instead of other strategy games is because it looks (kinda) realistic and historical, it is what makes coh COH!

Actually the Stug -E is very similar to Leig gun so the current implementation of slow moving projectile with a ballistic trajectory is more authentic.
7 Jun 2017, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 12:55 PMVipper

Actually the Stug -E is very similar to Leig gun so the current implementation of slow moving projectile with a ballistic trajectory is more authentic.

The stug e didnt have a "slow moving projectile" it had a low velocity gun and in consequence the projectile wasnt as fast as a projectile fired from a high velocity gun (but was still a fast projectile). By being a "slower projectile" it lacked penetrating power and thus pz4's and stug's that had this gun were used to support infantry and used HE shells. So imo instead of the shell that the stug e has at the moment it would make a lot more sense to give it the HE shell of the sherman.
7 Jun 2017, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 12:55 PMVipper

look to the M8 Scott and its 75gun. it can fire at a huge distance, is very fast, have turrent, fantastic acuraccy, good wiping potencial ...and than look the stug-e.

its slow, cant fire at long distance, have no turrent, is a commander abilty and have a poor acuraccy/ no wiping potencial
7 Jun 2017, 13:34 PM

look to the M8 Scott and its 75gun. it can fire at a huge distance, is very fast, have turrent, fantastic acuraccy, good wiping potencial ...and than look the stug-e.

its slow, cant fire at long distance, have no turrent, is a commander abilty and have a poor acuraccy/ no wiping potencial

Ikr, in most cases it seems that allies have stock units/abilities stonger than the axis commander counterpart. It would make logical sense that commander units/abilities would be better (not op) than stock units for the sole reason that you have to "restrict" yourself to a commander to get those said units/abilities.
7 Jun 2017, 13:35 PM

The stug e didnt have a "slow moving projectile" it had a low velocity gun and in consequence the projectile wasnt as fast as a projectile fired from a high velocity gun (but was still a fast projectile). By being a "slower projectile" it lacked penetrating power and thus pz4's and stug's that had this gun were used to support infantry and used HE shells. So imo instead of the shell that the stug e has at the moment it would make a lot more sense to give it the HE shell of the sherman.

The StuK 37 gun was howitzer and thus used high angle of fire (indirect fire), the Sherman use a gun with low angles (direct) so they are different. This is not an issue of munition since both used HE.

What actually would make sense would be to replace the TWP ability with direct fire mode with a range of 40-45 (timed or number of shots)so it can defend vs light tanks (AP shell where available for the gun).

(about projectile speed: In game weapon with ballistic trajectories use "slow projectiles" direct fire weapon use fast projectiles. 17p has no projectile when first appeared to indicate the very high speed projectile).
7 Jun 2017, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2017, 13:35 PMVipper

The StuK 37 gun was howitzer and thus used high angle of fire (indirect fire), the Sherman use a gun with low angles (direct) so they are different. This is not an issue of munition since both used HE.

What actually would make sense would be to replace the TWP ability with direct fire mode (timed or number of shots)so it can defend vs light tanks (AP shell where available for the gun).

Ok it seems that we are 50/50 right and I agree with you, changing the ability to something more suited for this gun would be a nice change and oportunity to bring something fresh to the game. What about giving it a toggle ability that would allow the player to change from a longer shot (M8 Scott like) but less precise, ideal to pressure garrisoned units and at guns, and a closer range/direct shot but more precise, ideal to deal with rushing infantry?
7 Jun 2017, 14:06 PM

Ok it seems that we are 50/50 right and I agree with you, changing the ability to something more suited for this gun would be a nice change and oportunity to bring something fresh to the game. What about giving it a toggle ability that would allow the player to change from a longer shot (M8 Scott like) but less precise, ideal to pressure garrisoned units and at guns, and a closer range/direct shot but more precise, ideal to deal with rushing infantry?

M8 required tech and available only in T4, that why it better than stug-e. Stug-e is good now, only ability TWP could be replaced by anything that better fit to it role as close-infantry support (something closer to brumbar Bunker buster). Maybe clone of su-76 arty strike, free of course. Or concusive shot, that will be stun and damage infantry in certain radius.
7 Jun 2017, 14:50 PM

I think all units shold be given a switchable button "don't use AT weapon (PTRS, Panzershrek, etc) on infantry", because sometimes squad shoots infanry with rocket dealing no damage, and in the next moment vehiches appear. That ruins the game. It's not so scary for ptrs, but for bazooka it's much more serious problem
7 Jun 2017, 14:58 PM

I think all units shold be given a switchable button "don't use AT weapon (PTRS, Panzershrek, etc) on infantry", because sometimes squad shoots infanry with rocket dealing no damage, and in the next moment vehiches appear. That ruins the game. It's not so scary for ptrs, but for bazooka it's much more serious problem

+1
It would be nice if PShreks, Bazookas and Piats only fire at vehicles.
Shreks reload is about 9 second. And zooks about 6.
7 Jun 2017, 15:14 PM

to fix team games

I would start with few things

1) Fix aim time fore maxims

2) Remove SturmPios as first squad

3) Reduce repair speed to Sov level

4) Give leig power to clear buildings faster

5) USF mortar range 70.

This is it. It would be enough for me.
7 Jun 2017, 15:58 PM

to fix team games

5) USF mortar range 70.

The way to fix team games is to first balance unit interactions to 1v1's and then implement things like the fuel cache manpower requirement increace and tweak the abilities that team mates can profit from and there you go, game fixed. Problem is... it takes a long time and it's needed lots of feedback.
7 Jun 2017, 20:21 PM

I think that ability to take abandoned guns like mg42 is a bit unfair. For example, there is a note on a gun that it needs at least 2 operators, but when a squad of 3 men takes it, all 3 become gun crew. I suggest that if such gun is taken by a squad of 3 men, one of them should remain as a squad member and the others become gun crew so that player won't lose the squad
7 Jun 2017, 21:19 PM

I think that ability to take abandoned guns like mg42 is a bit unfair. For example, there is a note on a gun that it needs at least 2 operators, but when a squad of 3 men takes it, all 3 become gun crew. I suggest that if such gun is taken by a squad of 3 men, one of them should remain as a squad member and the others become gun crew so that player won't lose the squad

Some guns as puphens, mortars and AT guns will lost from this decision. Because if 1 member will die, you again got abandon team weapon. Only if will do turn on\off for ability that will be allow you to decide 2 or 3 mens.
But IMHO all good players know what they want, and from such point of view this ability only increase difficulty of game (without any real advantages). Imagine situation - you taking weapon with 2 mans and after that get hit and lost your weapon, than you decide turn off this ability to make sure that in this time you not lost the gun. And you don't lost your mg, mortar or at-gun, because 3 man better than 2. And ability will be turn off all game, like cold tech. Because no one want to remember when he need to turn on or off this ability. Such ability have very narrow usage.
7 Jun 2017, 23:42 PM

I think it would be useful to prioritize all the changes into 4 level.

So it would be easier to see the whole picture and discuss with the devs.

Example :

Level 1 :

Ost's Stuka dive bomber;
Brit's emplacements;
Call-in;

Level 2 :

Calliope;
FRP;

Level 3 :

B4;

Level 4:

My 2 cents.

:)
8 Jun 2017, 06:14 AM

Guys, Is it possible to fix the audio of radio interception against okw?

It still plays Ostheer unit dialogues.
8 Jun 2017, 06:31 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Radio intercept; should be a toggle with cooldown. Because it's very annoying in whole game
8 Jun 2017, 06:35 AM

to fix team games

5) USF mortar range 70.

SturmPioners should be with Kar98, Right at the start of the game they give you too much advantage. FolkGrenadiers have STG, it's time to choose or Pioneers have STG or Folk
8 Jun 2017, 06:42 AM

yeah...let us nerf german infantery..cause they are so OP actually. lol

8 Jun 2017, 06:57 AM

Out of topics, it's EFA revamp guys .

SturmPioners should be with Kar98, Right at the start of the game they give you too much advantage. FolkGrenadiers have STG, it's time to choose or Pioneers have STG or Folk

Then just swap Volks as the first unit then , no need to change Strumpioneers .
And Volks STG is not the same stat as other STG , it buff overall DPS at all range .
8 Jun 2017, 07:05 AM

since axis infantery is crap (volks cant win vs penals, tommys, double wilding bar rifles), cant deal with tanks, pios only good a close range, grens (and most of the ost other squads) are a 4model squishy squad,

yeah....axis infantery need a huge nerf...lol
PAGES (56)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight