Login

russian armor

Teamgame dominant meta

PAGES (31)down
2 May 2017, 07:51 AM

If the Croc becomes something you can remotely call a generalist, it doesn't have to be such a wiper; we can maybe cut flamer damage by half of what it currently is.

The idea is that the main gun should double-time it to make up for lacklustre flamer damage. Since gun accuracy, generally, sucks while chasing, the Croc is no longer crazy good.

Then you should decrease it's health too. This thing can take fire from an entire army and still limp away and come back 2 minutes later fully repaired and vetted up too. It already can deal damage to tanks and penetrate them, mediums above all easily.
2 May 2017, 07:55 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post2 May 2017, 06:56 AMGrumpy

It is balanced because both this ability and the allied ones fly over the Axis base. The allied ones get shot down because it would lead to abuse if they didn't get shot down. Asymmetric balance

Ho its are balanced ? Its just bad designe. Can you explaine how allies will be abuse, but axis are not abuse ?
2 May 2017, 07:55 AM

Ho its are balanced ? Its just bad designe. Can you explaine how allies will be abuse, but axis are not abuse ?

Don't feed him lol
2 May 2017, 07:57 AM

the last games id did vs a ele/ jagdtiger...very easy as sov.

trough in your 4-5 penals and flank with t34...penals alone can destroy this tanks with their new OP satchels
2 May 2017, 07:59 AM

Permanently Banned
Back to demo, its need fix slow, soviet need this ability, coz soviet infatry lose to axis infatry, its part of soviet defend. This is hard strategy, where you need all attention, if you see that soviet pio cap points, you see that soviet dont spend amo, so he can plant demo, use sweeper, its part of game. Or maybe lets change taller mine coz allies players dont use sweeper and its wipe light vehicles ? Demo prevent axis pushes, especially now vs OKW.
Why you nerf all exclusive soviet things ? demo, mark target, soviet now will be just faction without any good things, only combine army. No armor, no heavy TD, elite infatry in docs nad need fix, worse HMG in the game. Stop this soviet histeria nerf BALANCE TEAM, listen feedback from guys who play only axis its just suicide to game.
2 May 2017, 08:22 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Back to demo, its need fix slow, soviet need this ability, coz soviet infatry lose to axis infatry, its part of soviet defend. This is hard strategy, where you need all attention, if you see that soviet pio cap points, you see that soviet dont spend amo, so he can plant demo, use sweeper, its part of game. Or maybe lets change taller mine coz allies players dont use sweeper and its wipe light vehicles ? Demo prevent axis pushes, especially now vs OKW.
Why you nerf all exclusive soviet things ? demo, mark target, soviet now will be just faction without any good things, only combine army. No armor, no heavy TD, elite infatry in docs nad need fix, worse HMG in the game. Stop this soviet histeria nerf BALANCE TEAM, listen feedback from guys who play only axis its just suicide to game.

It is not ok, when you can wipe infantry unit just one-click.
It is not ok, when squad with minesweeper can't defuse it without risk to be blowed up by one-click.

Also, it is not exclusive soviet thing. UKF ans USF have it too.

It can be solved in several ways. Can be used Paratroopers democharge, which has timer, for commandos (or remove it at all from commandos). Can be used restriction to place democharge on buildings, bridges and other constractions for all democharges.
Also, player should not be able to blow up democharge, when it was spotter with minesweeper.

P.S. I am primary soviet/allied player. You can see my playercard to prove it.
2 May 2017, 08:29 AM

First of all, thank you for making your intentions clear and addressing the almost impossible balance that is 4v4. I play lots of 4v4 so I feel I have some valid input here.

It seems fair to reduce the 50kg damage so it can't one hit Soviet arty pieces but there are similar soviet call ins that can one hit Axis arty emplacements too (I forget the name, it's a plane that flies over head and drops bombs), please be consistent with these changes and apply them across the board.

The Sturmtiger changes are probably unneeded. The Sturmtiger is a very high risk/reward skill based unit; which I believe is a good thing, the more risk reward you get from a unit the greater the skill cap and the less reliance on RNG required.

It seems to me that the players who get their medium tanks smacked by the Sturmtiger are miss microing their tanks, the telegraph to fire can be seen from space.

It's such a niche unit, so useless in most scenarios that nerfing it or increasing its cost (or even worse making it not purchasable with KT) will banish it to non existence. It simply will never be used, I would say it is not in need of any change.

Otherwise, it all looks great. But I must agree with earlier calls that the biggest problem in team games is the map rotation. It urgently needs to be addressed.
2 May 2017, 08:33 AM

Delete the graphics for the Ostheer anti infantry minefields. It disturbs me from beginning of coh2, that they are visible for the enemy.
2 May 2017, 08:53 AM

Feel free to recommend a fuel price for Howies/Pak43. Would 50-ish fuel be OK, or too low?

Any reasonable fuel price is too high if they can get destroyed by plenty of off maps with one click.

It is not ok, when squad with minesweeper can't defuse it without risk to be blowed up by one-click.

So what we gonna do about teller mine?

It's not ok when you can wipe full health vehicle even without one-click ;)
2 May 2017, 09:21 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

A good cost to start testing on pieces of artillery, would be the bofors 30Fuel
2 May 2017, 09:25 AM

Permanently Banned

Also, it is not exclusive soviet thing. UKF ans USF have it too.

It can be solved in several ways. Can be used Paratroopers democharge, which has timer, for commandos (or remove it at all from commandos). Can be used restriction to place democharge on buildings, bridges and other constractions for all democharges.
Also, player should not be able to blow up democharge, when it was spotter with minesweeper.

P.S. I am primary soviet/allied player. You can see my playercard to prove it.

Must i write how many units in the game in axis side have wipe potential ?
Agree with that when squad can be wipe with minesweeper, that need fix.
UKF and USF have its in docs, so when you see some units, you know that its can be demo. Doc must give somthing special and good, nope ? That fact taht commandos can plant demo its mistake of relic.
We all know how thay nerf units, nerf stats, nerf price - double nerfs for them is okey (that is wrong).
If soviet now must be like all another, so add heavy tanks in tier, add long range maineline infatry, lets soviet will be like anothers. If no this change, why need nerf soviet special ability ?

And what taht you are soviet/allied player ? Did you stops some bad soviets nerf ? I only see that you are in one wave with balance team with all them cons and pros.
Balance team so balance soviet, so thay now have only one boring meta.
2 May 2017, 09:46 AM

Until you nerf the brit morter pit into F**king oblivion very little you do means anything to me, and thats not to say you not doing good work. But morter pit on some maps is just beyond frustrating.....
2 May 2017, 09:59 AM

JP4

- Good luck countering this unit with Soviets/USF if it's vetted
- Just nerf its Vet2 stats (HP/sight)

The unit is problematic. It too expensive and has too high pop for a counter to medium vehicles and has to low penetration to counter heavies.

It should get a clear role of either countering mediums or heavies and stat/ vet bonuses adjusted accordingly.
2 May 2017, 10:06 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Must i write how many units in the game in axis side have wipe potential ?
Agree with that when squad can be wipe with minesweeper, that need fix.
UKF and USF have its in docs, so when you see some units, you know that its can be demo. Doc must give somthing special and good, nope ? That fact taht commandos can plant demo its mistake of relic.
We all know how thay nerf units, nerf stats, nerf price - double nerfs for them is okey (that is wrong).
If soviet now must be like all another, so add heavy tanks in tier, add long range maineline infatry, lets soviet will be like anothers. If no this change, why need nerf soviet special ability ?

You don't. It means, that they need to be looked at too. Neither of the factions should have so easy to wipe abillity, even in the doctrines.

Maybe i am wrong, but it is not about assymmetrical balance.
Symmetrical balance is in World in Conflict (mirrored factions with extremely small differences). It is more about rules of the game, which need to be followed by all factions. Like all mines not wipe infantry, like all grenades have reduced range when squad pinned in yellow, like neither assault abillity can be dropped on the base sector.

And what taht you are soviet/allied player ? Did you stops some bad soviets nerf ? I only see that you are in one wave with balance team with all them cons and pros.
Balance team so balance soviet, so thay now have only one boring meta.

You said to stop listening axis fanplayers, when they said to nerf something (f.e. democharge). I am against wipe abillities, doesn't matter which faction has it. It is my own vision. I want to say, that it is ok to touch abillities like this and doesn't matter, which faction has it and which faction do you prefer.

From my own expirience, soviets have gotten buffs too, not only nerfs (summer patch strongly buffed the Red Army). WBP and GSC nerfed or rebalanced soviets in some ways, and it is ok for me, because i can understand the reason, why it was made.

Not every change i like, f.e. new maxim doesn't pinned in yellow after first burst like other HMG. But as Miragefla said:
On the Maxim, we'll be keeping an eye out on it.

Don't forget, balance team has a scope. Their possibilities are limited, and they do the best what they can with this scope.

UPDATE:

So what we gonna do about teller mine?

It's not ok when you can wipe full health vehicle even without one-click ;)

As i said, abillities like that need to be looked at. :)

2 May 2017, 10:12 AM

Yea I mean let's be honest here. I think the scope needs to be emplacements next. Especially commanders that out right support static emplacement play.

You catch British on some maps, and they go sim city. It is simply not fun to play against, along with the balance issues
2 May 2017, 10:19 AM

M20 would automatically become more reliable by the nerf to heavy TDs. No longer will the minelayer/scout unit of the USF be blown up just because an Elefant/JT stared at it for a second

I think you are overestimating the M20 here. OK it will be good to not having it one shot by super TDs but one shot and you need to withdraw to repair. I don't know how you play USF but you already need to manage a bunch of units that can be kill in two strikes, adding the M20 on the melee will not solve the problem.

I repeat myself:

1- The problem between USF and those big cats isn't that you can't see the elefant or the JT, its that they shoot at you once and you need to retreat and repair.
2- You can't flank them, sometime it is because of the map, but let's be honest, it is mainly because you have paper made tank destroyers that can't flank in the melee on teamgame. there is always something that will kill them on their path.
3- You manage to shot at the ele or JT, good, sometime you penetrate, sometime not but what is sure is if the ele or the JT is ready to shot, you'll get your load of shit in return and the only way for you to shoot again is if it miss you otherwise have to retreat and repair.

4- OKW does have raketen and the strategy is even simple: they put their camo rake in front of their army, they rush you with some volks, you fight and if you forget your tanks cuz you are busy keeping your infantry alive, JT fire and Rake finish the job.

5- Best ele doctrine does have scope thus making your M20 completely useless. Reco+scope+222vet3scope + stukadive = your atgun are dead before your M20 even localizes its ele. And then your TDs are completely useless. You can modify the Stukadive, nerf it as you wish, it is not going to change anything unless you nerf the stuka dive to oblivion which nobody wants.

My advice: You're not going to change anything with the Elephant or JT by changing their stat values. Those units are made to be or OP or useless = look at how the ISU is useless today.
You had a interesting idea to increase their Popcap and I think its the way to go. Elefant and JT should be like the TigerAce, units that cripple your economy. Not at the same level of resource starvation as the TA but still, if you opponent resist you and kill your army around the Ele or the JT, you are fucked cuz you can't reinforce and rebuild properly.
This, in my opinion, should be the way to go. Those units are mean to be top performing in their area. Fair enough, but make sure others areas are negatively affected in return.
2 May 2017, 11:10 AM

Again the problem in large games is not the units themselves but the inflated economy fix.

Fix the inflated economy and most problem will go away.
2 May 2017, 12:20 PM

Nice Changes.

I think the problem with Stuka Dive Bomb is that the cooldown after shooting the first bomb is too short. So that, combined with CAS supply on a ammo point, makes it a wiping machine.

Keep the same stats, make it 10 minutes cooldown delay and I think it will be solved.

Btw, I would like to report a small bug in where, the kills from Stuka Dive bomb are not counted in the score report when the match ends.

2 May 2017, 13:02 PM

I was being sarcastic. Relic made Soviet supply drops worthless (at least in 4's) while Ost supply drops are really good.
2 May 2017, 13:08 PM

The solution for mid-range soviet tanks is to increase pen (at mid and short range only) and reduce damage, so that it's AT is more like SU76 at shorter ranges.

Effectiveness vs infantry should remain the same.
PAGES (31)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS