Login

russian armor

Churchill in next patch

14 Apr 2017, 17:43 PM

Petition to change to more armor less health? I feel like Comet will be less attractive to get, but I think hammer would still get picked a lot mor than anvil because Churchill is just a slow, fat vet feeder.
14 Apr 2017, 18:08 PM

But then Axis players will complain again about it, because their AT bounces off Allied Armor, remember that's why it got nerfed in the 1st place.
14 Apr 2017, 19:37 PM

The most heavily armored units in the game are the KT and IS2 with 375 and the Churchill has only 240... honestly I never see anyone complaining about IS2 when IS2 has a lot more firepower to defend itself with.

Churchills at release were only a problem because they had both high HP AND high armor AND nuclear grenades. I think most people would use Churchill if had had better armor and less HP (it's still going to have a so-so Cromwell Gun so it won't be OP). Another acceptable suggestion I've seen is to improve it's near penetration so you can't afford to ignore it.
14 Apr 2017, 20:13 PM

If you think about the types of units and abilities that make Churchill useless (e.g., Stugs, TWP), trading HP for armour will make the Churchill even more useless.
14 Apr 2017, 20:16 PM

churchill hp is good he need just better armor
14 Apr 2017, 20:50 PM

Churchill is good. OP comet and cheap stug a along with TWP stuns make him useless
14 Apr 2017, 21:31 PM

Heaven forbid the allies get anything approaching a buff, especially the brits! The forums would have a meltdown at the very thought of it!
14 Apr 2017, 21:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

If you buff the churchill you'll put OKW lategame into a risky position. Churchill tech rush without side teching will cost 145 + 210 = 355 while OKW tech into T4 is 30 + 25 + 120 and then given you go P4 because it's the jack of all trades tank you have 175 + 150 = 325 and then +15 if you want to have medics, which you do. Meaning that as long as the rakatten is bugged, and the p4 is more or less useless against heavies you either roll over OKW around the 12-17 minute mark for about 5 minutes, OR OKW are forced to save for panther or go JP4 out of fear of churchill rush. Obviously this is an issue because of the lackluster rakatten, p4 and brit teching issues but this is what I think needs to be considered before ever buffing the churchill. Oh and I didn't factor in the fact brits start with 10 more fuel because reasons Kappa

EDIT: Also keep in mind that because the panther has horrible RoF it cannot take on a churchill alone in a reasonable amount of time. It can pen easily, but the only real answer is the JP4.
14 Apr 2017, 22:35 PM

If you buff the churchill you'll put OKW lategame into a risky position. Churchill tech rush without side teching will cost 145 + 210 = 355 while OKW tech into T4 is 30 + 25 + 120 and then given you go P4 because it's the jack of all trades tank you have 175 + 150 = 325 and then +15 if you want to have medics, which you do. Meaning that as long as the rakatten is bugged, and the p4 is more or less useless against heavies you either roll over OKW around the 12-17 minute mark for about 5 minutes, OR OKW are forced to save for panther or go JP4 out of fear of churchill rush. Obviously this is an issue because of the lackluster rakatten, p4 and brit teching issues but this is what I think needs to be considered before ever buffing the churchill. Oh and I didn't factor in the fact brits start with 10 more fuel because reasons Kappa

Good luck surviving to the late game as Brits without any side tech, especially after the nerf to their tanks.
14 Apr 2017, 22:47 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Good luck surviving to the late game as Brits without any side tech, especially after the nerf to their tanks.

Ok add the 15 fuel for brens. They're now at 370 fuel while the scenario I put OKW at puts them at 340. Still not factoring in the 10 fuel gap at the start. Regardless OKW will either be forced into JP4 from fear or take a risk of getting a p4 and getting steamrolled when wrong if the churchill is buffed prior to the p4, rak, or brit tech is dealt with.
14 Apr 2017, 22:47 PM

Because surviving late game is so hard when you (even after the nerfs) still have the best tanks in the game and one of the best AT guns at your disposal... :guyokay:

The problems Brits seem to face are definitely not owed to any of their tanks, neither before nor after their nerf.
14 Apr 2017, 23:30 PM

Petition to change to more armor less health? I feel like Comet will be less attractive to get, but I think hammer would still get picked a lot mor than anvil because Churchill is just a slow, fat vet feeder.

After the incoming octuple nerf to the Comet, you might see this more anyway. It's just a meatshield for Firefly's and Jacksons. Going more armor and less health would mean that it couldn't even do the job as a meatshield.

A vet 3 Churchill is pretty good. Lowering the vet requirements would be a pretty good buff without too much risk of unbalancing anything.
14 Apr 2017, 23:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here is something else to remember, Anvil also grants access to air-burst shells. This can hold a huge impact against weapon teams.
15 Apr 2017, 00:12 AM

Why you need Churchill if you have Artillery Cover? :snfPeter:
Add some armor to KV-1 too. Or is it 'heavy' because made of wet cardboard? Wet :lol: You got it? Ha-ha. It's heavy and squishy. WET!!1 :lolol:
Sorry, wanted to get closer to the topic but failed :nahnah:
15 Apr 2017, 00:16 AM

Here is something else to remember, Anvil also grants access to air-burst shells. This can hold a huge impact against weapon teams.

Air-burst is vastly under-utilized cheese, but will stay that way only until Comets and arty cover get nerfed into uselessness.
15 Apr 2017, 05:42 AM

We should at least check the Churchills rotating speed. For a slow heavy tank it is just too high. Currently the value is about the same as light tanks. And this is just silly. Probably an unintentional mistake while designing the new faction.
15 Apr 2017, 07:02 AM

Ok add the 15 fuel for brens. They're now at 370 fuel while the scenario I put OKW at puts them at 340. Still not factoring in the 10 fuel gap at the start. Regardless OKW will either be forced into JP4 from fear or take a risk of getting a p4 and getting steamrolled when wrong if the churchill is buffed prior to the p4, rak, or brit tech is dealt with.

Alright, make a custom game against the AI or your friend if you're so sure of yourself and that scenario.

And of course, post the reply here.
15 Apr 2017, 07:41 AM

I would rather have the Churchill have more utility:

1) Move Smoke/WP shot to Churchill

2) Make "infantry support smoke" activate the offensive cover bonuses to UKF infantry

3) Make command tank upgrade lower the speed of Churchill to 4

Then Churchill can work as in its theoretical role of "infantry support tank"
15 Apr 2017, 08:31 AM

I think it should get a small buff in movement speed/ maneuverability. Playing it is agonizing because you can barely move it around to hot spots.
15 Apr 2017, 10:10 AM

people really underestimates churchill, but that's because their AT capabilities aren't that great as comets, it's a typical "tank" role, to hold out enemy, take damage and so on, churchill is really hard to get destroyed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★