Login

russian armor

OKW's early game over-dominance

PAGES (11)down
aaa
18 Apr 2017, 12:22 PM

FHT is also not very good. It comes out at such an awkward time and can't really combat allied light vehicles which are always out about the same time it hits the field.

Why do they allow these lies. Fht arrives a lot earlier than oposing light unless you play vs idiot. Aprox. 100fuel difference + other resourses.
18 Apr 2017, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 12:22 PMaaa

Why do they allow these lies. Fht arrives a lot earlier than oposing light unless you play vs idiot. Aprox. 100fuel difference + other resourses.

Friend, I can assure you there is no 100 fuel difference. For instance, with brits its 30 for t1, plus 15 (I think) for AEC add on plus 60 fuel for AEC. I forget how much the OKW t1 is but if you rush straight for it it probably comes down to 10 - 20 fuel less, which gives it a pretty small window. I don't know about sov because I don't play sov and I don't own Americans but the Stewart and t70 come out pretty quick after, I can tell you that for sure. Anecdotally speaking it comes out at the same time or slightly before the enemy light vehicles.

I also do not play against idiots, because I am a top 50 OKW player. I try to use the unit a lot, but it is just shut down in so many easy ways. It is a lot better now than it ever used to be, but its not great and heavily map dependent.

You just get so much more value out of other units that are so much easier to use. You have to 100% play around it, place mines on its flanks and have a raketenwerfer sitting behind it. Compare that to any other light vehicle or halftrack which just gets so much value by its own.

18 Apr 2017, 12:57 PM

Get a Raketenwerfer after you get a SwS and upgrade your Sturmpioneers with a Panzershreck. The Flak HT got good penetration buffs in the last patches and can finish off a damaged T70 without problems. Additionaly it has Smoke from Vet 0 now. But relying purely on your Flak HT for AT and AI is just suicide and bad gameplay.
18 Apr 2017, 13:12 PM

Get a Raketenwerfer after you get a SwS and upgrade your Sturmpioneers with a Panzershreck. The Flak HT got good penetration buffs in the last patches and can finish off a damaged T70 without problems. Additionaly it has Smoke from Vet 0 now. But relying purely on your Flak HT for AT and AI is just suicide and bad gameplay.

Yup, can you tell me anywhere were I said that I think the flak HT should counter everything? I said OKW were justified in having an MG because the FHT doesn't perform great and regardless of that they perform different roles.

Now I am saying the FHT isn't fantastic generally, because it gets shut down very easy by almost all allied light vehicles. It loses to mgs in garrisons. It gets shut down super hard by AT guns because it can't play around them (at least it can escape them now because of vet1 smoke) These are the problems with the unit. As I say, in order for the unit to be effective you have to play around it which other light vehicles simply do not need. You need mines on the flanks, and AT gun camping behind it, etc.

Funny thing is, if you move it two conscript squads can basically take it out because it just can't fight back. Its a weird unit, is still in a weird spot now and always has been. The extra pen doesn't help of course if you are moving. The problem with it is that it comes out at an awkward time, is a unit that has to stay stationary and is really squishy, weak to AT guns and weak to light vehicles. Strong against non-AT infantry and sometimes m20s and jeeps.

Btw I would generally recommend against buying schrecks on sturms because you forgo a minesweeper, which is basically suicide against UK and Sov.
18 Apr 2017, 13:35 PM

Btw I would generally recommend against buying schrecks on sturms because you forgo a minesweeper, which is basically suicide against UK and Sov.

I also usually got a sweeper on my first SP but in my rank, which is around 300-500, you can ignore sweepers in 7 of 10 games haha.
Additionally if a T70 manages to get around a Raketenwerfer, you are basically screwed without a Panzerschreck, if your Volks are not there.
aaa
18 Apr 2017, 13:48 PM

Hevent played for a year but if remember right
Flak 15 20? 55 = 90
Liht tank (since m5 isnt used) 20 85 70 + grades also to be included since okw have them unlocked with trucks +40 = 215 or 15 less if grenades arent unlocked with t1.

215\200 fuel vs 90
18 Apr 2017, 13:57 PM

Tommies, Riflemen, Penals all have better damage output than Volks and can all be upgraded with handheld AT even though volks had their shreks removed 'cos "Not fair to have blob countering their hard counter". But it's ok that allies can have it. #Alliedfanboylogik

To me it seems that really only conscripts fare badly vs Volks. So perhaps something should be done about that. All other mainline infantry outperforms them in terms of power and functionality.

dude..pls
zook blob sux hard especialy vs panther or kingtiger but shreck blob is different story when u fight against paper tanks like jackson or sherman
#axisfanboylogic
and if you got trouble with zook blobs then u know there is something like sutka dive ?
one click nuke
18 Apr 2017, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2017, 00:51 AMNano

No cache maybe.

but others have to pay for caches...why is salvage free??? it is ok this faction has a different way to boost his fuel/anmo input but, why it is free for OKW when others factions have to pay for it?
18 Apr 2017, 14:40 PM

The coh2charts so far only display how many games have been played, not winrates. GCS is confined to "balanced" maps. Had other maps been in the pool that were allies advantageous their winrates would be much higher.

if GCS only have "balanced" maps, then, Had other maps been in the pool that were axis advantageous their winrates would be much higher....

or in your opinion, balanced maps are only those favouring axis factions??? if not, then, balanced maps is what we need to evaluate factions balanced....and thus, GCS winrates are the one to take into account, not others where unbalanced maps play a role....
18 Apr 2017, 14:45 PM

Yup, can you tell me anywhere were I said that I think the flak HT should counter everything? I said OKW were justified in having an MG because the FHT doesn't perform great and regardless of that they perform different roles.

Now I am saying the FHT isn't fantastic generally, because it gets shut down very easy by almost all allied light vehicles.

Not true, it wins vs m20/M3/UC and it is really situation dependent vs the USF M15 to decide who wins the engagement, I don't know about the Sov M15 to be honest.

It loses to mgs in garrisons. It gets shut down super hard by AT guns because it can't play around them (at least it can escape them now because of vet1 smoke) These are the problems with the unit.

Which are the same issue for the USF and Sov M15, you can't go around a Pack with such vehicles if you are already on its cone of fire.

Funny thing is, if you move it two conscript squads can basically take it out because it just can't fight back.

You mean like any other light vehcile vs 2 potential threat? if you don't retreat you're fucked.

Its a weird unit, is still in a weird spot now and always has been.
Can't teach you how to play it but since the patch it goes to end game really easily if you micro it well.
18 Apr 2017, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 14:45 PMEsxile

You mean like any other light vehcile vs 2 potential threat? if you don't retreat you're fucked.

Except other light vehicles can kite
18 Apr 2017, 22:24 PM

The MG34 is also by far the worst in game.

why would you say such horrible lie?

also, even if it WAS the worst MG, it would still be 210 mp and have incendiary rounds on a faction that have all around strong units.

and the thing vet too fast.

also, gotta laugh at you saying maxims are spammable when MG34 is 210 mp :loco:
18 Apr 2017, 23:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 22:24 PMzerocoh

why would you say such horrible lie?

also, even if it WAS the worst MG, it would still be 210 mp and have incendiary rounds on a faction that have all around strong units.

and the thing vet too fast.

also, gotta laugh at you saying maxims are spammable when MG34 is 210 mp :loco:

The Mg34 does 0 damage, so incendiary rounds on it are pointless. (double zero damage is still zero damage)

Also since it does 0 damage, it takes forever to vet.

Its 230 mp too.

Considering you think it vets too fast, and the fact you dont even know its cost, have you ever actually played OKW before?
19 Apr 2017, 00:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2017, 14:23 PMFul4n0

but others have to pay for caches...why is salvage free??? it is ok this faction has a different way to boost his fuel/anmo input but, why it is free for OKW when others factions have to pay for it?

It's hardly free, stuff has to die.

Anyway, I have said it in other topics and I will repeat; the salvage mechanic is a relic from how OKW used to be, when you had to trade resources. This also made the advance salvage attractive because there would be more balance in your sacrifice. But the stupid rework was rushed and now you have this out of place mechanic.

But it doesn't seem like a serious problem to me as far as supposed OKW dominance goes.

I also agree with other comments, the MG34 is a horrendous excuse for a suppression platform. Cheap maybe, but what's the point if it doesn't do much?
19 Apr 2017, 04:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 02:21 AMzerocoh

Ladies and gentleman, behold the greatest wheraboo in history!

Come now it's not like I resorted to its historical uber rate of fire.

Either it's the greatest thing to spam, and you discovered a great new meta, or its bad as everyone says it is.

I wonder which is more likely.
19 Apr 2017, 05:07 AM

I also usually got a sweeper on my first SP but in my rank, which is around 300-500, you can ignore sweepers in 7 of 10 games haha.
Additionally if a T70 manages to get around a Raketenwerfer, you are basically screwed without a Panzerschreck, if your Volks are not there.

That can happen with any turreted light vehicle and at gun face off if they're totally alone; even an aec or a puma could pull that shit eventually. That's why every faction but brits for some reason gets snares on mainline infantry.
19 Apr 2017, 05:10 AM

Either it's the greatest thing to spam, and you discovered a great new meta, or its bad as everyone says it is.

I mean it still shoots bullets and suppresses things so it's not awful. It's definitely worse than pretty much every other mg but it's still a suppression tool that can penetrate light vehicles if you get it to vet1 I guess.
19 Apr 2017, 05:18 AM

so you need to get better, my last games MG34 was a major player in all games. And most of the time they reach vet 5.
19 Apr 2017, 05:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2017, 05:18 AMzerocoh

so you need to get better, my last games MG34 was a major player in all games. And most of the time they reach vet 5.

I don't believe you, were you playing 4v4?

And of course that doesn't matter since the exception doesn't prove the norm or the fact that the mg34 has low dps and high vet requirements, making it impossible to vet fast
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS