Login

russian armor

39min to bring down one bofors..

8 Feb 2017, 20:17 PM

The real problem is the invincibility feature emplacements come with in the form of the "brace" ability.

brace is not "invincibility" stop saying bullshit.

Brace works kinda like supression on infantry, it reduces incoming damage at the cost of outgoing damage.
8 Feb 2017, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2017, 19:11 PMTobis

Have you ever even seen this emplacement :snfPeter:

Sometimes I see it on 2vs2, but it rarely helps, now the Mortar Pit I can understand the hate...
4vs4 best tactic is to flank and build bofors on the enemy retreat path. :snfQuinn:
8 Feb 2017, 20:52 PM

I think Pits and Bofors' performance is alright, but the lack of skill to use them isn't.

Bofors should have an arc. Flanking it is a death sentence if the Bofors isn't forced into brace.

Mortar Pits are just lazy. Auto-attack range should be reduced to 80, barrage's cooldown should reduced so its still good if micro'd, but won't be as nasty if left to its own devices.

Also, Jove still plays? I thought he'd left a while ago.
8 Feb 2017, 21:03 PM

Hah, in 4v4 if you don't win the first engagement and hold the field, chances are there will be bofors after your next attempt to take territory.

But really what is annoying is that the bofors is a delaying tactic. It's easy to lock down a chunk of the map for long enough to either cripple resource income or create a vp drain that usually can't be reversed quickly enough.

I know I can always beat the bofors unless I'm ostheer, but it always takes time and effort on my part that the brit may or may not cgoose to counter. In that time my opponent can support their allies while I'm bogged down with all my time and units attacking a bofors. And bleeding the brit exactly 0 manpower in the process.

If they get the bofors up, it's a win no matter how effectively it survives or is destroyed. The resources that go into destroying a bofors highly outweighs the cost of building one.

This is 4v4s I'm talking about. My post is about how the bofors impacts team games. I just think repairing should reduce manpower income, if only on the auto repair units, and the bofors should have an arc and need to be rotated like any atg emplacement.
8 Feb 2017, 21:08 PM

In the vid the bofors would have been dead at 10 minutes if he queued up an attack ground order.

But i kinda agree that the bofors can be bullshit at times.
8 Feb 2017, 21:40 PM

In the vid the bofors would have been dead at 10 minutes if he queued up an attack ground order.

But i kinda agree that the bofors can be bullshit at times.

AG works pretty bad against emplacements, especially bofors. you need vision to attack otherwise it takes forever to shoot down
8 Feb 2017, 23:16 PM

Bofors are not the problem!

ISG and gg

And the map is hard for okw vs brits.

LeIGs are not the problem!

Counter barrage and gg

Same with LeFHs and others. Aaaand repairs under fire. Gotta love that shit once I'll meet ya on ladder Kappa
9 Feb 2017, 07:07 AM

Hah, in 4v4 if you don't win the first engagement and hold the field, chances are there will be bofors after your next attempt to take territory.

But really what is annoying is that the bofors is a delaying tactic. It's easy to lock down a chunk of the map for long enough to either cripple resource income or create a vp drain that usually can't be reversed quickly enough.

I know I can always beat the bofors unless I'm ostheer, but it always takes time and effort on my part that the brit may or may not cgoose to counter. In that time my opponent can support their allies while I'm bogged down with all my time and units attacking a bofors. And bleeding the brit exactly 0 manpower in the process.

If they get the bofors up, it's a win no matter how effectively it survives or is destroyed. The resources that go into destroying a bofors highly outweighs the cost of building one.

This is 4v4s I'm talking about. My post is about how the bofors impacts team games. I just think repairing should reduce manpower income, if only on the auto repair units, and the bofors should have an arc and need to be rotated like any atg emplacement.

100% THIS!

THis is the huge problem on a bofors....it give to much advantace for its low price....and that`s out of controll comparded to other faction options.
9 Feb 2017, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2017, 23:16 PMFrost

LeIGs are not the problem!

Counter barrage and gg

Same with LeFHs and others. Aaaand repairs under fire. Gotta love that shit once I'll meet ya on ladder Kappa

Then its problem of doctrine not problem of bofors itself
9 Feb 2017, 08:23 AM

39 seconds from my time wasted with this thread.
9 Feb 2017, 09:08 AM

Bofors are not the problem!

ISG and gg

And the map is hard for okw vs brits.

That poor isg lol.
9 Feb 2017, 09:10 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

That poor isg lol

Well thats kind of true. But in this thread he was talkign about only bofors, not mortarpit^^.

BUT when he got 2 mortarpits+ bofors+ the forward retreat station... thats fuckign alot of manpower.

You can have for that alot of isg, raktenwerfer, volks^^.

Also as we saw, you cap the rest of the map then xD

9 Feb 2017, 09:15 AM

Well thats kind of true. But in this thread he was talkign about only bofors, not mortarpit^^.

BUT when he got 2 mortarpits+ bofors+ the forward retreat station... thats fuckign alot of manpower.

You can have for that alot of ish, raktenwerfer, volks^^.

Yeah Agreed. This commander isn't a problem on bigger maps, it is just that Halbe is small.
9 Feb 2017, 10:26 AM

Bofors means no AEC, so long as that remains a fact, I don't see any problem with this emplacement.

That's it.
If I play as Axis, especially as Ost, seeing a Bofor makes me really, REALLY happy.
Get a Halftrack, equip it with double flamethrowers, smoke the bofors with a mortar and fuck it up.
You get to Vet 3 almost immediately and the Brit has NOTHING he can do against your HT.

Talking about 1v1 here as most people in this thread do.
9 Feb 2017, 10:37 AM

That's it.
If I play as Axis, especially as Ost, seeing a Bofor makes me really, REALLY happy.
Get a Halftrack, equip it with double flamethrowers, smoke the bofors with a mortar and fuck it up.
You get to Vet 3 almost immediately and the Brit has NOTHING he can do against your HT.

Talking about 1v1 here as most people in this thread do.

Until you encounter a competent opponent that knows how to attack ground with Bofors.
9 Feb 2017, 21:28 PM

AG works pretty bad against emplacements, especially bofors. you need vision to attack otherwise it takes forever to shoot down

Yes but AG is better than not shooting it. That's why you always shift queue up an attack ground order after a barrage
9 Feb 2017, 21:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Brace always has been and forever shall be the biggest issue with Brit emplacements. It shouldn't be in the game, period.
9 Feb 2017, 21:46 PM

when he got 2 mortarpits+ bofors+ the forward retreat station... thats fuckign alot of manpower.

Very true. However it's also worth noting that none of that manpower requires reinforcing. You can bring an emplacement or 3 down to 1% health and inflict exactly 0 manpower loss.

You can have for that alot of ish, raktenwerfer, volks^^.

If you can get to the rest of the map, indeed.

The problems with brits ramp up in team games/maps. In 1v1 brits are more differently abled than op.
9 Feb 2017, 22:56 PM

When you're playing a UKF cancer guy that's using repair emplacements, just use the Stuka AT strafe from the CAS commander. At 90 munitions, it's the cheapest way to guarantee a kill vs forward assemblies.

Thank me later.
9 Feb 2017, 23:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

When you're playing a UKF cancer guy that's using repair emplacements, just use the Stuka AT strafe from the CAS commander. At 90 munitions, it's the cheapest way to guarantee a kill vs forward assemblies.

Thank me later.

Hmmm... does it make any difference on how exactly you paint the target or just put it on top? There is naughty bug with the IL2 strafe run which makes it quite good, if you can actually make it shoot at what you want.
Also does the Stuka strafe kill other emplacements as easily ?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★