Login

russian armor

Ways we can make conscripts better

15 Jan 2017, 01:37 AM

some might agree some might not heres my thoughts on some ways to help cons without buffing there base stats.

1. make Hit the dirt better by either adding an accuracy buff while laying down or take less explosive dmg while laying down. reasons why is cons need to move close to axis units to do dmg so them laying down makes it easy to back up and still own them on floor. also cons laying down get shredded by bombs. whether its mortors nades tanks shots. they are laying down they should take less dmg since shrapnel wont hit them as much and they duckin in cover.. on top of that cons get smashed by tanks to easily becuz there is a timer after u activate the ability that wont let u get back up right away it shouldnt be there. hit the dirt is a doctrin ability it shouldnt be this garbage. its only use is to not get pinned easily it need more then that becuz its basically pinned anyways.

2.ohhh raahh should be buffed, what i was thinking is if its active, incoming fire should do less damage because faster targets are harder to hit. it would also make since if it was harder to pinn them while its active, becuz they are charging for their life almost suicide running so why do they drop so fast. they should take 25% less suppression while running. one of these changes can help the garbage conscripts.

3.change molotov in some way. we can try something new that makes players want to buy it and will buff the cons at same time that wont be stacked and will keep vehical arrival still in a good place. what we could do is make the molly cost 150mp 20f and will have 2 upgrades locked behind it for cons. when they research it itll make the molly throw 15% faster then its current state and unlocks 2 different upgrades to buy with munitions when u click the unit. the first will be a kit for 100 muni that lets cons get body armor. the cons will get 37.5% armor boost so their armor will become 1.375 still less then a shock. the 2nd ability will be a endurance training upgrade that cost 100muni. the upgrade makes cons movement speed 5% faster cap 5% faster, makes oohraah last 3 secs longer running, 30% less suppression and 30%% less incoming damage while running. you will only be able to buy 1 of the 2 upgrades. the high price will keep it from being spammed early, keep cons useful for late game, and will slow down other abilities so u have to make a smart decision.

if we made these changes cons will be balanced and more fun to play with
15 Jan 2017, 02:44 AM

Na just give them flamers or PTRS package.

SU players should be able to go t0 and be competitive. /s

But on topic, youre ideas arnt that good, cons dont need any buffs.
15 Jan 2017, 03:14 AM

Cons are pretty ok from my perspective.
Would've liked PPsh or SVT as non-doctrinal weapon upgrade,but that is about it
aaa
15 Jan 2017, 04:56 AM

I would just bring them in line with oposing units of the same type by just removing/nerfing selfheal on grens and slightly nerfing lmg/stg
15 Jan 2017, 05:09 AM

Na just give them flamers or PTRS package.

SU players should be able to go t0 and be competitive. /s

Nice way to imply T1 should not be competitive. Why do people think T1 should hurt you much more than it helps you?
15 Jan 2017, 05:24 AM

I agree that Cons need to be better, and i think the best way would be with your ohhh rahhh point. This ability would be much useful if they didn't get suppressed so easily especially when versing early mg from Wehrmacht/Ostheer.
Phy
15 Jan 2017, 09:28 AM

They just need a weapon upgrade through tech
15 Jan 2017, 11:23 AM

I'm a Soviet fanboy and I think that Cons are absolutely fine.
Conscripts are gule that holds together Soviet combined arms.
You can switch this role by chosing commander with PPSh or PTRS.
15 Jan 2017, 11:31 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 05:24 AMToki
I agree that Cons need to be better, and i think the best way would be with your ohhh rahhh point. This ability would be much useful if they didn't get suppressed so easily especially when versing early mg from Wehrmacht/Ostheer.

"Orah" is to get out of the arc or avoid an mg. Granting it suppression immunity or decreased suppression is a bad idea since there is no counter play to just blobbed cons orahing into an mg.

Cons don't need much to make them work better in their intended role.

Here would be my suggestions.

Vet 2:
vet 2 30% (or even higher) decrease on molotov throw animation and maybe an increase to projectile speed (if something like this is possible)

Vet 3:
- reinforce cost is reduced to 17 or 18 (or any other value that is more fitting)
- "orah" grants a 10% accuracy (or rate of fire or a mix of both) bonus. This would allow well positioned (stationary) cons in cover to hold out against late game infantry a little longer at the cost of some micro management and ammo.
- Either: vet 3 grants the possibility to upgrade 2 SVTs on the squad for 40 munition.

Or (preferred): A 2 SVT upgrade could also be a global upgrade purchased in t3 or t4 (would have to be tested which of the two is a better fit timing wise) for 30 fuel and 150 manpower or so. Or purchased at the hq but unlocked when t3/t4 is built.
Personally, I'd prefer this option since it would add more choice: do I want or need the upgrade now or am I trading cost effectively enough at the moment? Do I want to the upgrade and delay my teching/first tank? While tying it to vet 3 would just make it a no brainer like all weapon upgrades currently in the game.

These changes wouldn't upset early game engagements but would make cons more viable late game. It would also give "orah" a bit more late game viability other than chasing after tanks.
15 Jan 2017, 11:38 AM

"Orah" is to get out of the arc or avoid an mg. Granting it suppression immunity or decreased suppression is a bad idea since there is no counter play to just blobbed cons orahing into an mg.

Cons don't need much to make them work better in their intended role.

Here would be my suggestions.

vet 2 30% (or even higher) decrease on molotov throw and maybe an increase to projectile speed (if something like this is possible)

vet 3 "orah" grants a 10% accuracy bonus (or rate of fire or a mix of both) bonus. This would allow well positioned cons in cover to hold out against late game infantry a little longer at the cost of some micro management and ammo.

vet 3 grants the possibility to upgrade 2 (or 3) SVTs on the squad for 40 (60) munition.

vet 3 reinforce cost is reduced to 18

These changes wouldn't upset early game engagements but would make cons more viable late game.

+1 for non doc weapon upgrades,would be something like weaker Penals...
Don't know if these will be added though with the "make T1 great again" balance problems...
15 Jan 2017, 19:05 PM

would my ideas make cons to powerful or less fun? i didnt wana give them an option to upgrade weapons becuz they have ppsh and ptrs in commanders but cons are supposed to be a durable unit is why i used these options. like i said in my post to try something different and fun
15 Jan 2017, 19:19 PM

your ideas are fun indeed,but they would make Cons OP...
They are in a good spot where they are now,wanted a non doc weapon upgrade to stand a chance in the late game, without choosing a commander

15 Jan 2017, 19:21 PM

They need non-doctrinal upgrades if you ask me so they can scale better into the later game.
15 Jan 2017, 19:30 PM

Sorry double post
15 Jan 2017, 21:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 04:56 AMaaa
I would just bring them in line with oposing units of the same type by just removing/nerfing selfheal on grens and slightly nerfing lmg/stg

Grenadiers don't self-heal. They can heal other units, but they can't heal themselves. Even if this option is available for the Wehrmacht player, the situation must be desperate for them to use it and even then, most Wehrmacht players forget about it because they can retreat their units back to base and heal their units for free via bunker.
would my ideas make cons to powerful or less fun? i didnt wana give them an option to upgrade weapons becuz they have ppsh and ptrs in commanders but cons are supposed to be a durable unit is why i used these options. like i said in my post to try something different and fun

More on the lines of too powerful. They're good as durable meatshields for units like Guards, for rushing a tank with AT nades, or screening for snipers. Giving them a buff might make them a bit OP, but with Relic they might end up OP. Plus, they already have the utility of making cover, despite being outclassed by British trenches and WFA sandbags, and putting down tripwire flares for alerting the Soviet players.

It's good enough that they have doctrinal upgrades that improves their combat role and that it is in multiple commanders aside from the PTRS upgrade.

Though, I do think they deserve some kind of global upgrade to the SVTs if the Soviet player has the time and resources to build all of the tech buildings. However, the problem with this idea is that it overshadows Penal troops in some ways and might end up as Soviet Riflemen.
15 Jan 2017, 21:26 PM

If you want to buff cons, then you have to further nerf penals. Otherwise soviets will completely shit over both Axis factions early game even more.
15 Jan 2017, 21:50 PM
Patrion 14

There are a couple of problems with your suggestions.

1. A slight accuracy bonus might be okay. But the weakness to mortars and grenades is the trade-off you need to pay for not getting suppressed, I'd say. It is also important to note that you get yellow cover bonuses when the ability is used, so it's not just immunity to suppression it also reduces the damage they take while "hit the dirt" is active.

2. "orah" should be used to get out of the arc of fire of a mg, close in quickly against a unit that has inferior close range damage (not really any other than unupgraded grens unless cons have ppshs) or to avoid close range (extremely useful against sturm pioneers since you can return fire until they close in and then run off). Reducing the damage taken would alter engagements since cons could close in and due to "orah" still being active, win a fight they normally shouldn't. Suppression resistance is also not something that seems advisable since charging an mg with "orah" might just succeed where it clearly should not.

3. No unit in the game has armour but shocks. All other units gain received accuracy bonuses. The bonuses cons get are in line with other main line infantry (such as grens). At vet 3 they receive a 40% reduction to their target size. Together with 30% armour would turn cons into extremely and ridiculously durable. For comparison, shocks have a target size of 1 (same as cons) but they do have an armour of 1.5, which means rifles with a penetration value of 1 (which is true for most) will "deflect" 50% of the time. However shocks only get a received accuracy bonus of 17%. Received accuracy work pretty much like armour only that shots miss instead of being deflected. If you now add the 40% received accuracy for cons at vet 3 and the 30% armour it would make them the most durable unit in the game. This combined with ppshs would probably make them the single best close range unit in the game.

Furthermore, movement speed is uniform across all infantry, unless they sprint, providing a speed bonus would therefore feel out of place (especially considering that it is an armour upgrade ;) ) and since it would allow cons to outrun other units.

I do like the idea to offer them a bonus to capping, but that could be tied to a global upgrade (or packaged together with the global SVT upgrade I proposed) or veterancy, but that seems an interesting idea to provide them with more utility. :)
16 Jan 2017, 00:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2017, 04:56 AMaaa

ding ding ding mod!!!! aaa is back we should take action immediately (or at least flag the account as troll that would be much better instead of having banned;like: strategist,patron,etc add troll to the site)
16 Jan 2017, 01:12 AM
Donator 11

lol yeah more buffs to soviet and nerf grenadier squad to 3 man then we have a balanced game /s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★